IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

I always thought she was pretty, but Carlin has really grown into a beautiful young woman. As much as I can tell with all that blur ?

• Upvote 11

I know they’re insufferable and obnoxious, but I’m glad that Carlin at least wound up with someone who seems eager and genuine about complimenting her and showing her affection on a regular basis. In that terrible sermon that I think @formergothardite watched (so we wouldn’t have to), Gil mentioned how worthless Carlin felt about herself when she was younger and how he and Kelly basically just told her to pray about it. I think it’s important that she’s marrying someone who takes time to build her up on a regular basis (at least in public, though hopefully in private too.) I think they have a good deal of growing up to do in some ways, but I think they make a relatively decent match and I hope that translates to a healthy marriage.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

55 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I know they’re insufferable and obnoxious, but I’m glad that Carlin at least wound up with someone who seems eager and genuine about complimenting her and showing her affection on a regular basis. In that terrible sermon that I think @formergothardite watched (so we wouldn’t have to), Gil mentioned how worthless Carlin felt about herself when she was younger and how he and Kelly basically just told her to pray about it. I think it’s important that she’s marrying someone who takes time to build her up on a regular basis (at least in public, though hopefully in private too.) I think they have a good deal of growing up to do in some ways, but I think they make a relatively decent match and I hope that translates to a healthy marriage.

I do wonder though if Evan is more on building his own bias. He seems to be completely smitten with himself and a beautiful and quirky woman fits very good into his photos. I do think he has a crush on her but I believe in his world it’s him, him, his Instagram, Carlin and then Jesus.

but who knows. Maybe I am doing them injustice and they are actually the couple who will happily grow together. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I do wonder though if Evan is more on building his own bias. He seems to be completely smitten with himself and a beautiful and quirky woman fits very good into his photos. I do think he has a crush on her but I believe in his world it’s him, him, his Instagram, Carlin and then Jesus.

but who knows. Maybe I am doing them injustice and they are actually the couple who will happily grow together. 

It’s absolutely possible that you’re right. I hope you aren’t because Carlin deserves better. 

• Upvote 3

On her latest blur-fest photo, Carlin thanks people for the birthday wishes and is "so excited for what this next year is going to bring". 

I'm going to assume a wedding, moving house, a baby and 6 million more blurred beyond recognition Taryn photo shoots. 

Why in the world do they love those photos? They're barely recognizable! You're young and attractive now, when they're old those photos are gonna confuse the hell out of them.

"Honey, is it my cataracts or are these photos really that blurry? Did you have a nose back then?" 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

Carlin turned 21. Geez when I was 21 I was getting drunk in bars. This girl is occupied with getting married. 

DISCLAIMER: Not that getting married young is bad but she has no choice.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I turned 21 in December, and I'm here sitting in my dorm room watching "The Amazing World of Gumball". To think, if I were a fundie, I would instead be planning a wedding and taking pictures that look like they abused the blur tool in GIMP.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I was in Vegas on my 21st birthday gambling away. I even won off video poker and took my winnings to by a new bed that I still use today. My parents took me and also my brother and sister-in-law when they both turned 21 too.

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 9

In her story she is thanking people for coming out. I was a little bit confused for one moment :my_biggrin:

• Haha 18

I am confused with these wedding shower. It seems at least three of her sisters couldnt come. Alyssa (she had a surgery, normal she coundt be there), Katie, and Josie who went to a weekend getaway. Dont know about Katie, but its weird Josie was not there.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

I am confused with these wedding shower. It seems at least three of her sisters couldnt come. Alyssa (she had a surgery, normal she coundt be there), Katie, and Josie who went to a weekend getaway. Dont know about Katie, but its weird Josie was not there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she has more than one shower. It’s Carlin. She will have at least three showers. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm turning 21 in July and I'll be in New York to see Hamilton a couple of days before my actual birthday. I might be getting a tattoo the day of my birthday, but that's when we will be leaving NY and I'm not sure having a brand new tattoo (my first one) on a plane would be a good idea or not. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she has more than one shower. It’s Carlin. She will have at least three showers. 

Oh heck yes! At least one in Nashville and at least two in Knoxville, plus there will have to be pampering time with her "bride tribe." 

In which she will def wear a tiara and a "bride to be" sash.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

Katie was down in Florida helping Alyssa per IG 

Does Kelly Jo ever go down and help Alyssa? I would think this type of surgery would prompt a normal mother to want to go help her daughter out. 

I'm turning 21 in July and I'll be in New York to see Hamilton a couple of days before my actual birthday. I might be getting a tattoo the day of my birthday, but that's when we will be leaving NY and I'm not sure having a brand new tattoo (my first one) on a plane would be a good idea or not. 

If it’s a small tattoo I don’t think it’ll be bad if you do it like the day or two before you fly out. Also have fun seeing Hamilton I saw it last week and it was amazing

2 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

Does Kelly Jo ever go down and help Alyssa? I would think this type of surgery would prompt a normal mother to want to go help her daughter out. 

This has already been covered. Kelly and Gil were both present at some point before and after the surgery. They shared photos on Instagram showing them with Alyssa in the Hospital, explaining what happened, and thanking the Doctor and staff for helping her. They returned home so that Kelly could attend Carlin’s Bridal Shower and Katie took over helping John and Alyssa out. Considering Katie has expressed an interest in Nursing in the past I don’t really have an objection to her helping. It could help her figure out if it’s something she truly wants to pursue eventually or if she’d be happier finishing her cosmetology program and forgetting about Nursing.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 4/14/2019 at 1:32 AM, Deleorean88mph said:

This is from Carlin's wedding shower. This expression is meme worthy, anyone got anything?

Screenshot_20190414-013110_Instagram.jpg

great... but who got me the selfie stick we registered for??? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

This has already been covered. Kelly and Gil were both present at some point before and after the surgery. They shared photos on Instagram showing them with Alyssa in the Hospital, explaining what happened, and thanking the Doctor and staff for helping her. They returned home so that Kelly could attend Carlin’s Bridal Shower and Katie took over helping John and Alyssa out. Considering Katie has expressed an interest in Nursing in the past I don’t really have an objection to her helping. It could help her figure out if it’s something she truly wants to pursue eventually or if she’d be happier finishing her cosmetology program and forgetting about Nursing.

Thanks for the info. I’m glad her parents were able to be there for her. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, klabourdeth said:

If it’s a small tattoo I don’t think it’ll be bad if you do it like the day or two before you fly out. Also have fun seeing Hamilton I saw it last week and it was amazing

Yeah, it's nothing anything big. Just some lyrics on my left arm. But It will be my first one so I feel like it might hurt more than if I had gotten tattoos before. And thanks! I've been waiting 2 years to see it so I'm sure I'll have lots of fun :D Where did you see it, if I may ask? 

Yeah, it's nothing anything big. Just some lyrics on my left arm. But It will be my first one so I feel like it might hurt more than if I had gotten tattoos before. And thanks! I've been waiting 2 years to see it so I'm sure I'll have lots of fun [emoji3] Where did you see it, if I may ask? 

With tattoos I found pain is like getting your teeth cleaned where it hurts slightly and listening to noise of the tool to be worse.

I caught the play during the tour stop in Dallas. Going in I knew it was going to be good and it did exceed my expectations... by a lot. Especially with King George who I was expecting to be a disappointment in the terms of his portrayal* it turned out to be even more awesome sauce then what I pictured.

* The only reason why I picked up the soundtrack earlier then I think I would have normally was all due to Jonathan Groff
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Yeah, it's nothing anything big. Just some lyrics on my left arm. But It will be my first one so I feel like it might hurt more than if I had gotten tattoos before. And thanks! I've been waiting 2 years to see it so I'm sure I'll have lots of fun :D Where did you see it, if I may ask? 

I have a small one on my inner wrist. My college roommate has somewhere around six now I think. She went with me to get mine and told me that the closer to the bone the skin is the more it’ll hurt. So an area like your inner wrist won’t hurt as much as the top of your foot might. Obviously it also depends on the person, pain tolerance, how big the tattoo is, and how intricate (like if you get color or shading.) 

Have fun in New York! It’s a fantastic city to explore. And pro tip: there’s actually a really good pizza place at Rock Center. I can’t remember the name, but it might be Harry’s. Go down to the concourse (area under street level) and it should be there somewhere. It’s very likely not the best pizza place (if day that’s be DaVinci’s in Brooklyn), but it’s where husband and I always go when we visit Manhattan and it’s pretty good. I can also personally recommend the following:

- Lasagna (I think it’s the one in Chelsea. I went with my brother and sister when I was pregnant with my daughter to celebrate my brother’s birthday and it was pretty good.) 

- Becco (This one is in the theatre district. Also an Italian restaurant. It can be on the pricey side, but the food is to die for. My Aunt and Uncle sent husband and I to dinner there as a wedding present. It was phenomenal. It can get really busy though, so reservations are definitely recommended if you want to try it.) 

There was also a good Chinese restaurant I went to once with a former friend, but I can’t remember the name and it was pretty pricey.

One free thing I really enjoy doing in Manhattan is just walking around Central Park looking at the statues and drinking coffee. It’s really relaxing to just wander around in a really green area after the hustle of city life. Plus if you’re a dog person you’re pretty much guaranteed to see lots of dogs living their best life there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Have fun in New York! It’s a fantastic city to explore

It is!  I went there on a college trip and I couldn't wait until we had our free time every afternoon so I would just go out and wander around.   I need to get myself there again.  

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic