IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

These two people are completely ridiculous. I seriously have never seen anything so silly in my whole life. And I'm old-ish, have done some crazy stuff in my life, so that's saying something. Seriously. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, GnomeCat said:

I kinda of think Justin is close to the middle three bates boys (Isaiah, Warden & Jackson) so it makes sense to me.

Why does it make sense to include your brothers friends in your (totally blown out of proportion) wedding party? Or in Evan‘s case - the friend of your brother in law that isn’t even close in age (I am assuming that due to their age difference they don’t have much in common)? If Evan somehow knows and likes Justin well that would be different but I cannot wrap my head around why you would have someone there, standing with you when you don’t even really know that person.

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Why does it make sense to include your brothers friends in your (totally blown out of proportion) wedding party? Or in Evan‘s case - the friend of your brother in law that isn’t even close in age (I am assuming that due to their age difference they don’t have much in common)? If Evan somehow knows and likes Justin well that would be different but I cannot wrap my head around why you would have someone there, standing with you when you don’t even really know that person.

I have no idea why he chose Justin in particular, but he's an usher, not a groomsman. He'll just be showing people to their seats, not walking in with the wedding party.

• Upvote 2

I would Carlin to have a bridezilla meltdown about something petty so our next thread title can be Carlin is ENRAGED y'all

PS Girl, with all your extended family's renovations, did you seriously not know the difference between flat and semi-gloss paint? Creative thinking was not part of the core curriculum of the SOTDRT

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

Just want to take the time to THANK "y'all" for the laughs. 

Between the under the sea wedding themee, fundie mating dance, folkloric dancing, and Carlins enrage y'all, comments I am literally crying from laughing so much!  

Best lovingly snarky but not too snarky comments ever!

• Upvote 4

B4770B4A-95C2-493C-A729-99DA9207EFD6.thumb.png.6154acc44adf1f84c7a0ee9dbf31f7a5.png

Huh. I guess the Bateses have really loosened their standards if it’s “nail time” before the wedding. :laughing-rolling:

(And before this goes from a bad joke to fact, Carlin was clearly shown getting her nails done at a salon. I just think the wording is amusing.)

• Haha 21

Carlin is over the top, shes almost in league with JinJer & Tori & Jeremy Rolof in the pretentiousness game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Carlin is over the top, shes almost in league with JinJer & Tori & Jeremy Rolof in the pretentiousness game.

I think you meant Audrey aka Auj?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

I think you meant Audrey aka Auj?

Sorry, yes Audrey, I get the names turned around all the time.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Sorry, yes Audrey, I get the names turned around all the time.  

It’s ok. I personally think that Tori is just as obnoxious as Audrey is, she’s just more careful about showing it publicly on a regular basis. She certainly has pretty similar beliefs to Audrey from what I’ve noticed via the rare posts and Stories she makes about it on social media. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

It’s ok. I personally think that Tori is just as obnoxious as Audrey is, she’s just more careful about showing it publicly on a regular basis. She certainly has pretty similar beliefs to Audrey from what I’ve noticed via the rare posts and Stories she makes about it on social media. 

YES! I lol every time someone talks about how likable Tori and Zach are. They're like the Bates of the Duggar v Bates likeableness. 

I love how Isabel (Jacob Roloff's fiance) is the complete opposite of this family. Glad at least one kid in that family isn't a bigot! Her post following her soon to be SIL's abortion posts was spot on! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Looking at the bridal party, I am very curious indeed as to what she'll go for with bridesmaid dresses. Josie will be 7 months pregnant, and Evan's sisters (plus Joy) are very different body types from what the Bates girls tend to be. Will it be mix-and-match? Will Carlin make everyone wear the same dress with varying results? Is she going to be like a few brides I saw on Bridezillas who intentionally picked horrible bridesmaid dresses so that no one could be prettier than her? 

• Upvote 6

At this point I'm hoping at least one person pulls a 27 dresses stunt. I'm really hoping it's Jana but I'll settle for Carlin. I'm gonna need this lol

• Upvote 8

I don't care one way or the other about the bridesmaid dresses but am looking forward to the wedding. Carlin's mouth will be open with that surprised look the entire time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, VelociRapture said:

B4770B4A-95C2-493C-A729-99DA9207EFD6.thumb.png.6154acc44adf1f84c7a0ee9dbf31f7a5.png

Some sorcerer waved a wand and gave Jimmy Neutron his wish to become a real, live human boy and renamed him Evan Stewart and no one can tell me different. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 21

I am happy that Carlin isn't disappointing in the Bridezilla department so far. That wedding party is going to be a logistical nightmare to photograph though. Once you have that many people to coordinate, you really can't do the cute jumping pictures or anything very creative with poses or props. 

I actually have a friend who was talked into downsizing her wedding party for that very reason. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I am happy that Carlin isn't disappointing in the Bridezilla department so far. That wedding party is going to be a logistical nightmare to photograph though. Once you have that many people to coordinate, you really can't do the cute jumping pictures or anything very creative with poses or props. 

I actually have a friend who was talked into downsizing her wedding party for that very reason. 

Oh, but she will try! Does Taryn do weddings? Blurry bridesmaids in blue!

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I don't care one way or the other about the bridesmaid dresses but am looking forward to the wedding. Carlin's mouth will be open with that surprised look the entire time. 

I am on the fence about this, the nasty side of me, who is annoyed by just the faces of these bloody idiots, wants all the open mouth stupid duck lip photos. So that one day when they (maybe) grow up, they can look back and be mortified at their own douche canoeing ways.

The nicer side of me, does not want her to have horrible (IMO) photos for her wedding. That includes, for me, Yager's holy blur, Carlin's "sniffing a fart, duck face failed pout" and any "blue steel douche canoe face" with a fundie "making room for my big blue balls", wide leg stance

But I predict amorous photos like the arse grabbing one of Josie and Kelton.

Evan has had his pic on Carlin's butt in a bridesmaid pic. It didn't bother me though, as it seemed to be a soft hand placement rather than Kelton's big grab.

But I do think there will be some full on pics on or very soon after the wedding. 

• Upvote 8

They must really like this pic. Here we have it in B&W. Blurry, dramatically posed outdoor photos are to fundies what glamour shots were to ladies in the 80's. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

They must really like this pic. Here we have it in B&W. Blurry, dramatically posed outdoor photos are to fundies what glamour shots were to ladies in the 80's. ?

that should be a posts number (???) title lol

• Upvote 2

These two really, really like the way they look.  And that second picture is so damn blurry it looks like she lacks a nose? I'm just shaking my head at this whole thing. 

I hope Taryn doesn't take the clothing pictures because no one will buy a dress when they can't see the pattern and it's blurry.

• Upvote 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic