IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

Oh mon dieu. It could be two totally different people on the invitation and I would be fooled. :pb_lol::P

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Oh mon dieu. It could be two totally different people on the invitation and I would be fooled. :pb_lol::P

I'd pay good money to have Johnny Nash's "I Can See Clearly Now" played at the wedding reception in honor of Taryn's photo skillz

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

My goodness that photo is blurry. Was it taken under water? Can we assume it's an under the sea theme? 

Also, admittedly, I don't know that much about wedding invitations, but why is 25th written in numbers, but 2019 spelled out in letters? Wouldn't you want to spell both out or neither?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

http://www.carlinandevan.wedding/

their wedding website. The party will be massive, as expected. The only non family included is Joy, a little boy ring bearer, nd surprisingly Justin Duggar (usher)

Rufus bless, that is a cast o' thousands isn't it!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

Does she actually have every single one of her siblings, Evan's siblings and all their siblings in law involved?

None of her nieces/nephews are in the bridal party which is interesting though. Only a few of Evan's older ones.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

Does she actually have every single one of her siblings, Evan's siblings and all their siblings in law involved?

None of her nieces/nephews are in the bridal party which is interesting though. Only a few of Evan's older ones.

If she included her nieces and nephews too she would need an auditorium to host the wedding! 
3 flower girls, 3 ring bearers, 2 matron oh honor, 1 best man, 10 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, 11 groomsman and 4 ushers for a total of 36 people on the wedding party! WTF its the biggest wedding party i have ever seen, and i have seen royal weddings. Maybe her and evan didnt want any of their siblings to feel left out or something. But then to also include friends too on top of that...and i mean she really is that close to Justin Duggar that she just had to include him?

And on another topic, does somebody knows why some of the married women get their maiden surname listed and others do not? For example it list Whitney just as Bates but Tori as Bates Smith and Joy as Duggar Forsyth. Do the Bates and Duggar woman get to keep their surnames because they are famous?

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, llucie said:

And why some of the married women get their maiden surname listed and others do not? For example it list Whitney just as Bates but Tori as Bates Smith and Joy as Duggar Forsyth. Do the Bates and Duggar woman get to keep their surnames because they are famous?

I noticed that. As far as I can tell Whitney is the only married member of the bridal party who doesn't have her maiden name listed as well. Maybe she prefers it that way considering her apparent rocky history as a Perkins. Even if she reconciled with her parents, it could be that she just doesn't identify with her maiden name anymore.

For some reason it struck me how much of a contrast there is between Carlin's story of meeting Evan and Michael's story of meeting Brandon. Michael refused to show the slightest bit of interest because it would have been too forward and she didn't want to be one of those forward girls who lured guys into relationships by, you know, talking to them. Now here's Carlin making the first move to get to know Evan (helped by Erin practically throwing Carlin at him). Good for Carlin, I'd say.

Anyway, I will say that that large of a wedding party would probably drive me bananas. It is nice to see Joy included though.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Interesting that Whitney and Erin are her matrons of honor. I guess that goes to show that we really don't know very much about their lives. Not that I really thought about who her MOH would be before, but I never noticed Carlin being particularly close to either Erin or Whitney. I do think it's very obvious how popular Whitney is with her sisters-in-law. They really seem to have embraced her as another sister, which I think is lovely especially given her family history. Come to think of it, aren't Carlin, Whitney and Erin the ones who are opening the Bates Sisters Boutique (or whatever it's called)? I thought that was kind of an interesting group when I first saw it, but maybe the three of them are actually really close.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I just can't with this photo. The insane blurriness and Evan's smoldering at the camera with a super macho wide stance. Plus their skin is so smooth they look like barbie and ken.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

Tori, Michael and Alyssa are/were further away. Josie has been focused on hair and Kelton- plus she’s also supposed to be close to Alyssa.  Tori is closer but has had new marriage and new baby Kade. She isn’t allowed to go very far. So...Erin and Whit are the closest matrons. They’ve probably had extra energy to give her lately too - with their kids being older. 

• Upvote 1

Perhaps Carlin and Erin are closer than I thought, but I could see Erin being chosen as one of the Matrons of Honor because, according to Carlin's story, Erin was at least partially responsible for Evan and Carlin getting together.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Actually I remember back when Erin was getting married, Kelly commented something on the old blog about Erin and Carlin being very close and Carlin crying thinking about Erin moving out. Erin involved her with a lot of the wedding planning, Carlin accompanied her to run errands and so on. She realized that Erin wouldn't move that far and things would not change that much and it was ok.

Both were some of the more religious kids growing up, they both have bubbly personalities, are outgoing, like makeup

• Upvote 10

Their registry is up on their wedding site. It’s all totally normal. Nothing to snark on or praise. 

I will say that the wedding story is a welcome change. Not just because they obviously had the hots for each other and didn’t hide it or because she made the first real move (with help from Erin), but because it was obviously written by Carlin alone. It’s a nice change compared to the love story that Fundie Frat Boy Kelton wrote for his wedding in which he complained about not being allowed to date a teenager and in which Josie literally had no voice of her own. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

That's so many people. I assumed Josie would be a maid of honor, but really there's so many weddings I can never keep track of who maids for who anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Perhaps Carlin and Erin are closer than I thought, but I could see Erin being chosen as one of the Matrons of Honor because, according to Carlin's story, Erin was at least partially responsible for Evan and Carlin getting together.

Is Erin also going to pound away at the piano?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Calypso said:

I just can't with this photo. The insane blurriness and Evan's smoldering at the camera with a super macho wide stance. Plus their skin is so smooth they look like barbie and ken.

You should look at all the pictures on their wedding website. There's some real doozies there. But caution: You WILL get a headache from looking at the blurry messes too much.

Here's my favorite:

grafik.thumb.png.fade29b868a5f567bee378f2eae2718c.png

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

You should look at all the pictures on their wedding website. There's some real doozies there. But caution: You WILL get a headache from looking at the blurry messes too much.

Here's my favorite:

Omg ?

We have stumbled upon the elusive fundie mating ritual. First the male does a little dance and sticks his feet up to get the females attention. The female then sticks out her chest and caws at the male to show her appreciation 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 24

19 hours ago, llucie said:

...and i mean she really is that close to Justin Duggar that she just had to include him?

How old is Justin? Is he of courting age? Maybe him and Katie are a thing? Or him and one of Evan’s sisters?

I’m to lazy to look up ages or if Evan has any single sisters but pretty much everyone else in their wedding party are siblings or in laws ...

Ok, I looked it up and he’s only 16, turns 17 in november. Katie turns 19 in october. They are probably not a couple. Seems weird that Carlin would be especially close to him of all the Duggars. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

How old is Justin? Is he of courting age? Maybe him and Katie are a thing? Or him and one of Evan’s sisters?

I’m to lazy to look up ages or if Evan has any single sisters but pretty much everyone else in their wedding party are siblings or in laws ...

Ok, I looked it up and he’s only 16, turns 17 in november. Katie turns 19 in october. They are probably not a couple. Seems weird that Carlin would be especially close to him of all the Duggars. 

I kinda of think Justin is close to the middle three bates boys (Isaiah, Warden & Jackson) so it makes sense to me.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Yep age wise it doenst work with any Bates girl, and i think all of Evan sisters are older too.

19 minutes ago, llucie said:

Yep age wise it doenst work with any Bates girl, and i think all of Evan sisters are older too.

Not now but in five years when he turns 22 Addallee is 18. Perfect timing for a fundie wedding. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2

Yeah in the old 19kac episode that featured Erin's wedding Carlin and her were shown as super close, best friends, crying over each other, etc....and while I think Carlin's personality is more loud and dramatic vs Erin's preppy fundie wifey, I wouldn't be surprised if they have similar insecurities underneath it. Also they have the music thing in common.

ultimate MEGA #bridetribe, dear Lord. haha.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Is Erin also going to pound away at the piano?

Just completely making this up (and having fun doing it)

Carlin loves Erin but secretly hates the way she pounds away at the piano. By putting her in the wedding party, it means that the piano is safe.

10 hours ago, JillyO said:

Here's my favorite:

Just looking at the poses, they look like some bizarre Fundie interpretation of Folkloric Dancing from Mexico or Central American countries.  (Yes, I know that's not what they're doing, but their positions remind me of some beautiful Folkloric Dancing I've had the privilege to see.)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic