IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

9 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Which time period is considered mid-evil? I'm not familiar with that one. 

Well, we're halfway through Trump's term, so I guess...now? 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Ahh the famously medieval  Roman empire, with centurian costumes.  Not sure if it reflects more that they wanted to wear skirts or their appalling education! 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 2/16/2019 at 5:19 AM, Kelsey said:

Taryn made them look like (Twilight) vampires. Do they sparkle in the sun?

I wonder if this is what she means by faded blue? Are we seeing a glimpse of bridesmaids colours. Honest to fucking god. the fucking blur.... 

added Can she not see the difference between the quality of her engagement photos and these?

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They probably have the same conception of history that I did when I was about five years old: there was when my mum was a little girl, when my grandma was a little girl, Little House on the Prairie times, and Jesus’s time. Nothing really in between.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

The theme thing for Valentine’s (I love you day) is getting weird, they used to just have a party. 

Next year I hope they do a Bates Motel theme!

• Haha 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

The only Bates party I’d get excited about has the “fading back into obscurity” theme due to their show being cancelled.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve decided Mid-Evil must mean purgatory. 

I’m pretty sure their show plays on a loop with counting on in actual purgatory.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

Welp, Carlin got her wedding dress and brought a veritable army along with her to pick it out. Do not disappoint me, Carlin - I expect the most extra af wedding dress reality show money can buy. In fact, I have a feeling the wedding's aesthetic will end up being "I know her dad is an utter piece of shit and a rapist-enabler but goddamn her color scheme is so nice and this is basically how I want to do my wedding but with more booze and less Handmaid's Tale sermonizing"

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Welp, Carlin got her wedding dress and brought a veritable army along with her to pick it out. Do not disappoint me, Carlin - I expect the most extra af wedding dress reality show money can buy.

And she posts that "she can't believe so many people went wedding dress shopping with her"

Really Carlin? Your family can't do anything in a small group. I don't know how y'all manage to go to the bathroom alone.

Also, there some sort of drama, maybe real, probably manufactured, in the Insta comments about Alyssa not being there.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

ooh, maybe Alyssa missed it because she *gasp* lives like 3 states away.....

or maybe she's preggo and too morning sick and didn't feel like flying xD

or maybe she was maybe she *gasp* wasn't invited to be a bridesmaid *?*

But actually y'all, how much do we want to bet Carlin has the biggest, most dramatic, most glamorous #bridetribe yet? What's been the biggest Bates wedding party so far? I would not at all be surprised if we see Carlin with: Erin, Alyssa, Josie, Katie, Tori, Whitney, Michael, all 4 of Evan's sisters, Joy Forsyth, a Paine sister or two, maybe some other friends.....plus an army of flower girls and ring bearers for all his and hers nieces and nephews lol

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Alyssa probably just couldn't take time out of her busy schedule of filming eight ads for eight different paid Instagram sponsorships per day to go watch Carlin pick out a wedding dress.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

37 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

ooh, maybe Alyssa missed it because she *gasp* lives like 3 states away.....

I think Alyssa and Michaella probably went back to their states after the weekend. But i wouldnt be surprised if that means they are not bridesmaids.

Well, no idea which collection she might have gone for, particularly since The Bride Room doesn't list Nicole Spose on its website (Their bridal page looks like the images were screenshotted from other sites, in fact): http://www.thebrideroom.com/ 

But apparently this is her wedding dress design's top-level website: https://www.nicolespose.it/en/index.php 

The "Colet" collection looks perhaps the *least* "defrauding" but overall I don't see a "modest" collection from the designer. https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-collections-colet-2019

13 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I really LOVE the last one. It has a vintage/glam look. How do these families get use to weddings almost every single year?

15 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I really LOVE the last one. It has a vintage/glam look. How do these families get use to weddings almost every single year?

It's a very pretty dress. And, really, what else do Fundies have to do? Part of me says at least if they're planning weddings they're not proselytizing to the rest of us. The scary part is weddings mean that they plan on breeding lots more fundies. (Yes, I know the plan is breeding a full quiver of warriors for God. But I phrased it the way I did, because some like Michael do experience difficulties with this.)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Well, no idea which collection she might have gone for, particularly since The Bride Room doesn't list Nicole Spose on its website (Their bridal page looks like the images were screenshotted from other sites, in fact): http://www.thebrideroom.com/ 

But apparently this is her wedding dress design's top-level website: https://www.nicolespose.it/en/index.php 

The "Colet" collection looks perhaps the *least* "defrauding" but overall I don't see a "modest" collection from the designer. https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-collections-colet-2019

I could see her in something like this:

https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-dress-Colet--COAB19254-2019

I don’t know why but I think I’m going to like Carlin’s dress choice, I do think she has good taste and knows what looks good on her. 

My guess is it will be a little princessish, with some tulle and an emphasis on a pretty back. How much do these dresses cost?

She has the most time to plan her wedding, so it has the potential to be the nicest one, then again it could go the other way!

eta. I don’t know why I’m guessing, I thought Josie’s dress was going to be VERY different than it was.

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Regarding modesty: with Carlin, I honestly can't tell if she's going to look at Whitney's vow renewal and be like "I'M GONNA GO STRAPLESS FUCK MODESTY I'M CARLIN GODDAMN BATES MOTHERFUCKERS", or if she's going to go the Jilly Muffin route and get a Harlot Vestment and have it extensively altered to show that she is most definitely not a harlot and is the holiest bride to ever get married. But it's going to be one or the other. I don't discount that she just found a Nicole Spose dress that fits the ever-lapsing modesty standards of her family and will look tasteful and lovely, but she's such a mix of extreme religiosity and clearly yearning for the trappings of a secular life. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I had a look in the Romance collection and found a found a few I thought might be possible (with some alterations): 

https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-dress-Romance--ROAB19894-2019#

https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-dress-Romance--ROAB19816-2019

https://www.nicolespose.it/en/wedding-dress-Romance--ROAB19889-2019#

I'm going to be interested to see what she goes with. 

• Upvote 2

It seems to be a point of Fundy pride to buy a dress and have it altered (rather than saving the money and buying a modest dress) - part of the holier-than-thou side of things.  I guess the ideal is to ostentatiously have it altered, with lots of insta posts about extra fittings, but it ending up looking shop bought (as opposed to the ridiculous "add a t-shirt top to a strapless dress" BS)

Edited by Lurky
SOTDRT is infectious
  • Upvote 5

Carlin's dress will be lovely because she has good fashion sense. I'm not looking forward to her constant shrieks and surprised looks in her wedding episode. I'll watch, of course, but I get tired of her over the top expressions.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

Carlin's dress will be lovely because she has good fashion sense. I'm not looking forward to her constant shrieks and surprised looks in her wedding episode. I'll watch, of course, but I get tired of her over the top expressions.

As someone who does not get Up, I look forward to your recap  (hint, hint) and thank you profusely in advance for saving me from having to see or hear it. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I'm 100% here for seeing how Carlin does her wedding. You know hers is going to be gorgeous. Josie's definitely was my favorite thus far - her wedding pictures were stunning. Of course Carlin's are going to be amazing. 

Edited by lizzybee

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic