• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
mirele

Solomon is Engaged!

nickelodeon

Oof, child marriage. This won't end well.

ETA: I realize this post is super damn judgmental, but I simultaneously realize that Zsu and PP would never stop and expend energy worrying about sounding judgmental toward, say, a trans guy with a job, so fuck 'em. Oof, child marriage.

Edited by nickelodeon

cindyluvs24

So their 18 yr old with no education will get married and support his new family on what exactly?  

Edited by cindyluvs24

Jana814
5 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

So their 18 yr old with no education will get married and support his new family on what exactly?  

I wonder the same thing. 

Georgiana

And the problem with Sol's job is that it sounds like he obtained it purely because of who his parents are.  Now, that happens all the time, but in Sol's case it is troubling because PP and ZZ have a habit of going nuclear and completely falling out with anyone who disagrees with them even slightly.  So there's a good chance that somewhere down the line, PP has a falling out with this company, and as a result, Sol may lose his job.  

That's not the sort of job security you want when your young family is living paycheck to paycheck and you're the sole earner.  That's a recipe for disaster.

AtlanticTug
10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sol’s birthday falls on a Saturday next year. So will the wedding be on his birthday, the next day on Sunday, or the next weekend? How soon does Zoo want him out of the house? That’s the question. 

I've said before that Zsu could be craven enough to marry him on his birthday but I don't think she will because that may detract from the event. So my guess is exactly a week later, October 5. I'd put good money on it. New baby will then arrive in November or December.

They will get a small apartment, no bigger than 2 bedrooms. Because ZZ and PP toiled in a crappy tiny apartment and we all know how great that worked out. Besides, ZZ won't want comparisons/expectations of houses being doled out every time she marries off one of her kids. The congregation will furnish it and provide all the household appliances, dinnerware, etc, except the cast iron pan which will be ZZ's gift to her DIL on wedding day. The only thing the girl will receive after that point will be mounds of unsolicited advice. There won't be any help coming to her. ZZ is too lazy, Miriam is too busy and Becky and Anna don't have the correct temperament.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Jana814
1 hour ago, Koala said:

Another thing- the girl that is marrying Solomon must have complete nuts for parents.  Surely they can't be okay with that psycho being the fil of their only child and the grandfather of their potential grandchildren!  He needs professional help, not more members to add to the cult.

So much this. I have a feeling that they are very happy that their only child is marrying into the family. They might feel it’s a honor. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Happy
Maggie Mae
6 hours ago, Koala said:

Another thing- the girl that is marrying Solomon must have complete nuts for parents.  Surely they can't be okay with that psycho being the fil of their only child and the grandfather of their potential grandchildren!  He needs professional help, not more members to add to the cult.

There are a lot of things my parents did wrong, but they never judged a teenage friend of mine (that I know of, ie never kept me from a peer) based on their parents. We only "know" Solomon from his mother's blog. 

It fucking hurts when you learn you can't hang out with a friend because their parents don't like your parents. It sucks, a lot, especially when you don't have very many friends to begin with. 

That being said, her parents should prevent this, not because of his parents - he might, somehow, be a decent person who's just saying what his parents want to hear. He's 17, not an adult. They should attempt to prevent it because both teens are 17. 

Maybe having such a long engagement will mean it never happens. They are 17, after all. I had like 15 different boyfriends at 17. 

Mischievous
nelliebelle1197

@Maggie Mae I seriously doubt these two know 15 people who are peers. Solomon is a massive catch in this tiny universe. I am not sure either will have the wherewithal or experience to know better and they are certainly not going to get parental guidance to make better choices.

Unimpressed
Palimpsest
On 12/27/2018 at 8:05 AM, Keysia said:

I just hope Zsu and her husband will book a trip in Germany and go to Dachau. They will see with their holy eyes what Hell on earth was the Holocaust. They don't need to go to the infamous Auschwitz or see where Treblinka was...It was so hard to be there and see the museum, experience the silence and wondering how much a human can be cruel.

Arbeit macht frei (working will make you free)...that was written on the entrance. Death was the real freedom.

PP deserves someone that teach him well on this subject

I fear even that will not make a difference.  And the PP deserves a felony conviction or twenty.  He's beyond educating.  IMO.

Zsu was educated in Germany and fell for PP's dubious charms and even more dubious religious views and revisionist history when she met him in Munich as a student.   Zsu has no excuse for her beliefs.  Whatsoever.

As for Steven "Hate Speech" Anderson - he will say anything that will get him attention.  And he will probably be banned from Germany if he tries to visit.  The last time I looked he'd already been banned from South Africa, Botswana, UK, Canada, and Jamaica,  Malawi told him not to come too.

I've always found Bruce Gerencser's take on the PP informative and frightening.  Bruce is a former Evangelical pastor and now a humanist and atheist.  He knows his stuff.  According to Bruce what is different about Anderson is that he is public about his beliefs, unlike many others.

While Pastor Steven Anderson is roundly criticized and ridiculed by Christian and non-Christian alike, his video and sermons have been downloaded 8,000,000 times. Even if most of the downloads were by people opposed to Anderson, I suspect that many of the downloads were by Christian preachers and church members who agree with him. Like it or not, the Steve Anderson’s of the world are many. And it is for this reason those of us who believe in reason, rationalism, skepticism, humanism, and science must continue pushing back against Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism. We dare not ignore preachers like  Steven Anderson and Ken Ham. They are like a brain cancer that eats away the parts of the brain that help us think and reason. No matter how nice they may be, it is their beliefs that cause untold heartache and damage.

https://brucegerencser.net/2015/04/understanding-steven-anderson-pastor-faithful-word-baptist-church-tempe-arizona/

And the best thing Solomon and Sarah can do once they turn 18 (even without having the rings on their fingers) is to run like hell. :sad:

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

JermajestyDuggar

We know so little of Sarah. She is an only child and likely homeschooled. I imagine she’s done or close to done with her schooling. So what does she do all day? She doesn’t take care of siblings all day like other SAHDs. She likely doesn’t have a job. Does she have any hobbies? Is her life already based around Solomon? She does practically nothing all day long while she waits for him to get off work? That wouldn’t surprise me.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Terrie
23 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

ZZ is too lazy, Miriam is too busy and Becky and Anna don't have the correct temperament.

In some ways, Becca and Anna have the absolutely correct temperament, because it means they might not repeat their mother's mistakes. 

AtlanticTug
1 hour ago, Terrie said:

In some ways, Becca and Anna have the absolutely correct temperament, because it means they might not repeat their mother's mistakes. 

Oh believe me I didn't say they had the wrong temperament in judgment of those lovely girls, just reflecting ZZ's line of thinking. My concern for them is that ZZ will marry them off ASAP - Miriam will be useful at home and therefore may make it to her early or even mid (like 23-24) 20s before being forced to marry. But those two, if they are not seen as valuable in her home, will have to go so that they are their husbands' mouths to feed.

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
On 12/25/2018 at 11:42 PM, anjulibai said:

He's 17. I think she's about the same age. 

My son and daughter turned 18 a month ago.  There is no freaking way either of my kids is ready for marriage, and they're honors students with part-time jobs.   Love 'em both like crazy cakes, but marriage?  Nope-ity-nope-nope.

The engagement is outrageous.

Edited by Okie_Bokie
spelling
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, Okie_Bokie said:

My son and daughter turned 18 a month ago.  There is no freaking way either of my kids is ready for marriage, and they're honors students with part-time jobs.   Love 'em both like crazy cakes, but marriage?  Nope-ity-nope-nope.

The engagement is outrageous.

Right? My nephew is only about 6 months younger than Sol. I can’t imagine him getting married anytime soon. He’s so immature! And he’s probably more mature than a lot of his friends! He can’t even decide if he wants a steady girlfriend right now.

Katieisuncool
On 12/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, apandaaries said:

Yet another quandary with Zsu. There’s no way she should be able to contemplate that idiocy, yet here she is, married to that, doing exactly what she does. 

But she also believes that age doesn’t have any impact on fertility or ova, so... 🤷‍♀️ We’re not exactly dealing with a Rhodes scholar here.

Not defending her... at all. But age does not have the impact we're culturally drilled to think it has. Watch the Adam Ruins Everything episode on pregnancy. But again... totally different reasons than she said. And his stuff is backed by science.

• Downvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, Katieisuncool said:

Not defending her... at all. But age does not have the impact we're culturally drilled to think it has. Watch the Adam Ruins Everything episode on pregnancy. But again... totally different reasons than she said. And his stuff is backed by science.

I haven’t seen the episode but I’ve read a lot of stats and studies on the topic. The description of the episode says that women in their 30s and over 35 do not have a lot of age related infertility. This is true and no one on this thread disputed that and Zoo wasn’t even talking about her 30s when she was talking out of her ass. The big issue is that Zoo expects to be just as fertile in her 40s as her 20s and 30s. And I can give you stay after stat that says that’s completely untrue for the vast majority of women. And her assertion that she still has all her good eggs are saved up due to constant pregnancy hasn’t ever been proven. 

Avalondaughter

My heart is breaking! 

How are these poor kids going to live?  Is their faith so blind they think God will provide because they are so godly? 

I can only hope Solomon is intelligent and hard-working enough that if he stays employed, or finds employment in another Christian business,that he can work hard and move through the ranks by his efforts.   If his parents disapprove of him employers, maybe he will realize he's an adult and don't need their permission anymore. 

This uneducated woman will have to educate their children.  I weep.

I worry that if they can't support their family, what will they do?  They won't take government assistance...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Wine time!
nokidsmom

OMG, I shouldn't be surprised at all to hear this but damn......

Hoping for the best but somehow I don't see this turning out well. 

Hisey
On 12/26/2018 at 5:17 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thankfully her parents can be their safety net.

That's a whole lot of assuming, all based on the fact that she's an only child with "protective parents" (according to ZZ).

Lots of these fundie parents believe in "leave and cleave." Saer's parents may have no desire to prop up a young marriage financially. Or they may have no ability. There's been some speculation that Saer's family is comfortable, but what does is that based on? A few snapshots of a nice house? In Phoenix, lots of people with nice houses are deeply underwater.

Perhaps Saer's parents are assuming that PP can help support the young couple. After all, he has a big church and sells horrible documentaries. I can see PP acting richer and more important than he really is.

I think it's funny that ZZ brags that Solomon "already makes more" than the PP did, when he was starting out. Of course he does, ZZ! That was 1994 or something. That same $35,000 or whatever doesn't go nearly as far.

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Meh
Dandruff
38 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Perhaps Saer's parents are assuming that PP can help support the young couple. After all, he has a big church and sells horrible documentaries. I can see PP acting richer and more important than he really is.

I would imagine this was discussed before the engagement was allowed to occur.  If PP approves of Saer's parents does that mean they're already helping to support PP?  I also wonder what they (OK, her dad) do for a living.

Jana814
18 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I would imagine this was discussed before the engagement was allowed to occur.  If PP approves of Saer's parents does that mean they're already helping to support PP?  I also wonder what they (OK, her dad) do for a living.

I wonder what her father does as well.  They might be helping to support PP via donations to the church. 

Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
47 minutes ago, Hisey said:

That's a whole lot of assuming, all based on the fact that she's an only child with "protective parents" (according to ZZ).

Lots of these fundie parents believe in "leave and cleave." Saer's parents may have no desire to prop up a young marriage financially. Or they may have no ability. There's been some speculation that Saer's family is comfortable, but what does is that based on? A few snapshots of a nice house? In Phoenix, lots of people with nice houses are deeply underwater.

I think it's funny that ZZ brags that Solomon "already makes more" than the PP did, when he was starting out. Of course he does, ZZ! That was 1994 or something. That same $35,000 or whatever doesn't go nearly as far.

I seriously doubt they expect Lord High L'il PeePee to do anything but jump on chairs and yell like an angry, entitled three year old whose nanny took all the good toys.

Sarah's parents are cult members. I am betting like any good sheeple they will make sure they take good care of the L'il PeePee Leader's son.

Terrie

I suspect what Zsu calls "protective" wouldn't look much like what normal people would consider protective. To me, protective is no sports without protective gear, no swimming where there's no lifeguard, heavy parental involvement in life planning. To Zsu, it means never letting your kid interact with the world outside the church.

apandaaries

Zsu is getting some pushback from FB readers appalled by the upcoming child marriage. One commenter says that her son is soon graduating med school.  Zsu's response: 

"Are They All Yours? [Secular college] is a joke. Btw, we are not at all against private technical college or vocational training. Regardless of how much we are against a heathen state college, that decision is up to my adult son. Forgive him for wanting to make money and moving on up in life instead of racking up debt like your son did."

Bolding and italics mine.

Jesus, Zsu.  Is she capable of not shitting on the medical profession for even two seconds? The profession to which she's repeatedly turned for help with dangerous pregnancies and getting her tongue-tied babies (eventually) fed?

Apparently Solomon's greatest dream is to be a married IT tech. Period. And at 17, he is wise enough to know everything there is to know about his future. 

Those poor Anderson kids.  I hope Zsu's God is just as vengeful as possible, and that someday she realizes the extent of what she's inflicted on those children.

Edited by Jellybean
Added quote box
  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

OhNoNike

Yeah she really enjoyed that epidural... given by a doctor. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1