• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
mirele

Solomon is Engaged!

mirele

I just opened up my FB and saw that Solomon popped the question to a young woman named Saer and she accepted. I can't believe PP and ZZ think he's old enough or prepared enough to have his own family.

Miss M

Solomon is engaged, wedding in 2019.y

Stephers831

Per ZuZus Facebook Solomon proposed tonight and she accepted. It looks they they celebrated with a late night dinner at IHOP

Edited by Stephers831
Autocorrect on phone changed word.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 4

marmalade

*shakes head* 

I guess we all knew this was coming. It's still heartbreaking that Zsu and Steve are forcibly kicking their golden son out of the nest so early. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Oh Lord. 

Solomon’s not even 18, right? How old is she?

Stephanie66

How can he even be earning enough to support a wife and the inevitable eleventy children they will have? 

If they were normal high school graduates who were both working, I’d say, “They’re young, but they have time to save up/go to college or trade school and save up before they have kids.” But they will be expected to start popping out babies within a year. Talk about stress on a young couple. At least the Duggars don’t have the financial problems that Solomon and his young bride are going to have. 

I wish them the best,of course. I always wish the kids well.

anjulibai

Yikes. He's only 17. :(

anjulibai
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh Lord. 

Solomon’s not even 18, right? How old is she?

He's 17. I think she's about the same age. 

God, this time next year, they could be expecting a baby. :(

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 12
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

HumbleJillyMuffin
39 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

He's 17. I think she's about the same age. 

God, this time next year, they could be expecting a baby. :(

Zsu's wet dream would be to be "with child" at the same time as her daughter in law - just so long as Zsu could impart all her pregnancy and parenting wisdom on the novice mommy and be recognized as the supremely fecund Pastor's wife. 

LurkerOverThePond

And his 17th birthday wasn't that long ago, was it?

anjulibai
59 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

And his 17th birthday wasn't that long ago, was it?

End of September.

• WTF 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Angelic83

They are going to wait untill he is 18 to marry. I don’t mind people marrieing young but at least have a steady job and the finances in place.

Are the andersons not following the duggars no debt rules?

anjulibai
1 hour ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Zsu's wet dream would be to be "with child" at the same time as her daughter in law - just so long as Zsu could impart all her pregnancy and parenting wisdom on the novice mommy and be recognized as the supremely fecund Pastor's wife. 

Most definitely. And I am sure she will never lower herself to help her daughter-in-law take care of the baby and keep house as her own mother-in-law has done for her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

meee

Hmm. I wonder if this means she's pregnant again and got them to time an engagement so she'd be heavily pregnant at the wedding.

But I thought she said they don't believe in long engagements. Isn't he only 18 in another nine months or so? Maybe they won't wait till he's 18, after all they're anti-government and maybe 18 is an arbitrary government determination of adulthood? Ugh I have no idea, I can't make sense of these people.

Also, regarding finances, hasn't he been working pretty much full time and living rent free for several years? It's not going to keep them afloat forever, but it's something.

IrishCarrie

Since this wedding has been inevitable for some time, here's my best case scenario for it:

1. They marry and go to live with her parents (from what I remember, she's an only child?).

2. Solomon experiences a peaceful home for the first time in his life, where he's listened to and there's space and time to read/watch tv/study.

3. Yes, a baby pops out nine months after the wedding but his mother-in-law dotes on the child and is happy to take care of it.

4. Solomon's father-in-law encourages him to study/train in some direction and financially supports this

5. Solomon blossoms in his new life and his mind opens

Before anyone points it out, I know that the fiancees family are neck-deep in the Church of Crap and are therefore probably shitty human beings who believe everything PP pushes. But I guess I still hope for an improvement in Solomon's living situation and overall outlook.

Hey, I'm a dreamer...

🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 25
  • Love 14

anjulibai
15 minutes ago, meee said:

Hmm. I wonder if this means she's pregnant again and got them to time an engagement so she'd be heavily pregnant at the wedding.

But I thought she said they don't believe in long engagements. Isn't he only 18 in another nine months or so? Maybe they won't wait till he's 18, after all they're anti-government and maybe 18 is an arbitrary government determination of adulthood? Ugh I have no idea, I can't make sense of these people.

Also, regarding finances, hasn't he been working pretty much full time and living rent free for several years? It's not going to keep them afloat forever, but it's something.

They can get married now with permission from their parents. But Zsu says in her post they will marry next fall, so I guess they will wait. 

meee
2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

They can get married now with permission from their parents. But Zsu says in her post they will marry next fall, so I guess they will wait. 

Thanks, I didn't even read her post, I just came here and saw this thread. Was it on FB or her blog? I can't handle much of these people.

edit: okay, I saw her FB post. "Saer"? How do you pronounce that? And why did I think her name was Sarah?

Edited by meee

Terrie
1 hour ago, meee said:

edit: okay, I saw her FB post. "Saer"? How do you pronounce that? And why did I think her name was Sarah?

I think that's a nickname. English spelling rules being what they are, that's about how you'd spell the first syllable of Sarah on it's own.

JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, Terrie said:

I think that's a nickname. English spelling rules being what they are, that's about how you'd spell the first syllable of Sarah on it's own.

I looked up the name Saer and I guess it’s considered a male name. Interesting that Zoo would announce an engagement using a nick name. I’ve never heard anyone named Sarah go by Saer. Maybe Sar but that’s it. 

lilah
4 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

They are going to wait untill he is 18 to marry. I don’t mind people marrieing young but at least have a steady job and the finances in place.

Are the andersons not following the duggars no debt rules?

"In Arizona, marriage age requirement laws require both parties to be at least 16 years old if they each have their parent's consent. If they do not have their parent's consent, each party must be at least 18 years old."

Given that they already have parental consent as a foregone conclusion, I guess they will probably get married sometime next year they don't have to wait until they are 18.

Terrie
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never heard anyone named Sarah go by Saer. Maybe Sar but that’s it. 

I think it's the same nickname, with a different spelling. English is an awful, awful language, and "Sar" wouldn't sound like the first syllable of Sarah. It would rhyme with "Car." "Saer" would be how the first syllable would be spelled if it was a stand alone sound. 

OhNoNike
30 minutes ago, Terrie said:

I think it's the same nickname, with a different spelling. English is an awful, awful language, and "Sar" wouldn't sound like the first syllable of Sarah. It would rhyme with "Car." "Saer" would be how the first syllable would be spelled if it was a stand alone sound. 

Thanks for pointing this out.  This is such a Zsu thing to do.

I like apples

Her name is Sarah...I found out her last name but will not post it due to her being an innocent in all of this.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1