IGNORED

Shockingly Anti-Semitic Post from Tim Bayly

DomWackTroll

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

And when he MOCKS - oh yes, he does - people who call his statements “anti-Semitic,” he’s obviously proud of being an outspoken bigot and hate-monger. I’ve studied Jesus of Nazareth for decades.  Never is He shown as bigoted. He teaches resistance to bad theology and corrupt leaders, but He never hates on The Others. 

Bayly is so wrong, it’s hard to know where to start. 

“warhorn,” as a blog title. Indeed. Wimpkazoo, more like. 

My pastor said one simple thing: Racism is sin.  Nuff said.  Timmy you are a horrible sinful sot.

Tim is always raging against the "hipster invasion" of the Reformed church (and I can't say he's wrong about that), but look at Clearnote's recent Christmas Sing-Along. Looks like something straight outta Portland. And if you check out some of the profile pics of the males who follow him on Facebook, why, you'd think they just came from a Bernie Sanders rally. 

I lived not too far from Bloomington for a few months. As progressive as that town is (home to IU), I find it sad that there are so many people that go to Clearnote. I can't imagine sitting under that hate week after week. 

20 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

"The Holocaust industry"? Holy shit. It's terrifying to see how much more out in the open this stuff is in recent years.

Yeah, the whole thing was bad but the record scratched on that one...

I never understand Antisemitism from conservative Christians. Their messiah was born, lived, and died as a Jew. They believe a young Jewish woman was so perfect and unblemished by the world she was chosen by God to be the vessel that delivered their savior into the world in human form. You'd think Antisemitism would be considered blasphemous.

The weird, kinda appropriative actions of Messianic Jews makes more sense to me than this. 

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

And another thing!  Research showed that young European adults who were critical of Jews estimated Jews as comprising 20% of the world population. 

The actual percentage of Jews among the people on Earth? It’s 0.6%.

I can't find it now, but I'm certain that I've read a similar statistic about how people estimate the LGBT population. The image of hordes at the gate is so powerful to demagogues.

Ugh. I'm just now starting to come down from my hatred of Lori Alexander and some asshole on her page longing for the days of segregation and now this. Thank goodness I'm not tech savvy or I'd be making a crazy rant video for YouTube right now. Fuck all these assholes!  It was so nice when I felt we were moving forward and trying to heal from past nonsensical hate. But, here we are. I'm so happy my children have us as parents.  My 11 yr old can bury these assholes with their ridiculous musings of hate disguised as proclamations of faith. Fuck all of them. 

To add: Thank goodness I have FJ! I need to know the whole world has not gone insane right now, especially.  As a witch,  I wished everyone a Merry Soltice on the 22nd. I've been saying Merry Christmas to those I know who truly celebrate and happy Holidays to those I know don't or if I'm not sure. It's just being cheerful goddammit!  Being nice. If I get wished a Happy Hanukkah,  I say thank you! You too! ? How fucking hard is that?  

So far, not one person has spoken out about this on Facebook or Twitter. In fact, the likes on Facebook are up to ten! (Only one on Twitter)

26 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

So far, not one person has spoken out about this on Facebook or Twitter. In fact, the likes on Facebook are up to ten! (Only one on Twitter)

My better half called Tim an attention whore and said ignore him which probably is most people's reaction to him and his microdenomination.   

38 minutes ago, Soulhuntress said:

My better half called Tim an attention whore and said ignore him which probably is most people's reaction to him and his microdenomination.   

Yes, I think this is the approach most Reformed leaders are now taking when it comes to the Baylys. I mean, they are just so freakin' out there! 

On 12/26/2018 at 9:27 PM, thoughtful said:

You probably know this, DWT -- I see your use of quotes.

But for anyone that doesn't, The Life of Brian is mostly mocking of assholes who use religion to look for signs and wonders that suit their purpose, those who use it to be rigid about rules,  those who make a big deal out of tiny doctrinal differences, and those who feel only their group should own and control territories.

It didn't mock  belief, Christianity or Jesus. It could be argued that it mocks just about everything Bayly is, though! 

I hate those "if you believe/don't believe in this you are a true Christian" but I do tend to use this film as one of those tests. If you don't like Life of Brian because xyz in the bible you are out in my book. If you don't like Monty Python you are stupid but I will let you go on living. (My sister to the regret of the rest of the family "doesn't get" Monty Python. It is like not getting why you should breathe instead of holding your breath.)

On 12/27/2018 at 2:29 PM, Beermeet said:

Ugh. I'm just now starting to come down from my hatred of Lori Alexander and some asshole on her page longing for the days of segregation and now this.

Wait, what?! OMG. 

I also don't understand antisemitism. I am not Jewish, but I feel like Jews seem to continually get the short end of the stick all the time. From being blamed for the Black Plague or Europe to the financial woes post WWI that lead to the Holocaust, people just seem to forever be shitting on them. What did a Jew ever do to Tim Bayly anyway? My guess is jackshit and he just wants to be major asshole to anyone not like him. 

8 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

What did a Jew ever do to Tim Bayly anyway? My guess is jackshit and he just wants to be major asshole to anyone not like him. 

My guess is yours, and also: He wants to fly his  flag high, and get noticed by other anti-Semites, now that it’s increasingly ok to proclaim it as a (rotten) philosophy.. 

31 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

My guess is yours, and also: He wants to fly his  flag high, and get noticed by other anti-Semites, now that it’s increasingly ok to proclaim it as a (rotten) philosophy.. 

Yep... Tim's a big Trump supporter on social media, much to the dismay of some of his parishioners. 

50 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

He wants attention.  He is not getting it from Reformed circles (he is irrelevant and so his his minidenomination) and the supremacists give him the props he thinks he needs.  Sad.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Seriously, this guy is so dramatic and hysterical, and then has the nerve to accuse gay men of being weak and "feminine," whatever the hell that means. Tim Bayly makes Aunt Pittypat look calm and reasonable. 

Tim Bayley? He's the coward who became a "pacifist" just in time for the Vietnam war. Then he dropped it afterwards, when he was no longer in danger of the draft.

Curiously, though, he thinks women are too weak and feminine to serve. I guess he's one of those women.

I've lived and worked in two of the most godlessly liberal places in the United States (San Francisco Bay Area and Portland, OR) and when working in retail I would say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays pretty interchangeably. Never once have I had someone get angry with me for telling them Merry Christmas, but I have had someone melt down at me for telling them Happy Holidays. More Christian victim hand wringing that of course, turns out to be total bullshit. 

Archived