• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

JRod 85: People Believe Jill Could Make Too Many Pies?

Tired
Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Tired
FecundFundieFundus

😂 Title shade is my favorite kind of shade

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

HarryPotterFan

@FullOfGravy said 

But - but - but it's Biblical!  If vowel-less writing was good enough for Hebrew, it's good enough for the Rodlets.

:laughing-lmao: Gold star for you 🌟

My synagogue only taught us how to pronounce/read Hebrew letters and vowels and taught 10 or so words plus how to count to 10. Which I forget how to do. I think this is fairly common. It was essentially just b’nai mitzvah prep. So we got to read our Torah and halftorah portions without knowing what we were saying. Sure we got the translation, but it’s not the same. We also had to memorize our Torah portions due to lack of vowels. This doesn’t seem very well thought out, does it? I get it’s hard to teach a language to a class you see once or twice a week but come on!!

Fast forward a few years, and I got the first Harry Potter book in Hebrew. I figure I have enough of it memorized that I can pick up some words. I get the book and realize that I forgot that fluent speakers don’t need vowels. So now I need to pay someone to write the vowels in for me if I want to read it. 

Meh
Dandruff

I guess this is going to be Tim's "week", once he gets home.  I hope that whatever treats he gets are in the form of cash but I suspect he might get tacky, sentimental stuff from his mama instead.  Maybe extended family and friends will choose to help him out?

Coy Koi

Re: Timothy's clock painting: For real, those birds? Has anyone made those 'V'-shaped birds since they were like 10 years old? And this is Jill's homeschooled prodigy? I'm not very artistic either, but this is just sad. (And FINE if art just really, really isn't his thing. It's not mine either. But Jill posts the pictures for no other reason than to brag, and that's sad. If I was into cultivating a social media personality, I'd brag about my kid's art because she's a fantastic artist. I wouldn't brag about her math skills because her math skills are not particularly impressive or interesting. We all have different talents and interests and that's great, but once your reach adulthood, it's also great to have some degree of awareness about what they are and are not.)

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

justodd

Re: why someone would want to hack a dishwasher? Three most likely reasons are (in no particular order) 1. because internet connected devices can be used to mine for bitcoin, 2. to reroute traffic to a specific site in order to overload the server and force it offline, and 3. because lots of people just like to cause trouble. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

Meh
Dandruff
2 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

But Jill posts the pictures for no other reason than to brag, and that's sad.

Tim managed to get into college, is working his tail off to get through, and that's his shining achievement for the semester?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Someone in the last thread reckoned that the Rods were the most boring fundie family of 2018... nah, that award is a Maxwell shoe-in, surely. There were two births and a pregnancy announcement, but that’s not particularly exciting, since there has been at least one birth in Maxwellland every year since 2008, bar 2009 and 2011. Aside from that, nada. Same old shit every year. Even Maxwell weddings are boring and samey (bar John’s one with the OMGWTFBBQ reversal speech by Pa Bontrager).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Don'tlikekoolaid

OMG my eyes!!!!!  Someone should make this their avatar..  NO not me.

Spoiler

DF8F5717-8DD0-4999-859D-6DAF992E9B88.jpeg.19875aaa1d23afc5a9a84b51161ee56d.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 39
  • Love 2

littlemommy
4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hide contents

Wow, she looks like she belongs on a billboard for a hillbilly variety show. There was one in Branson, Mo that would fit her perfectly!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Naga Viper
5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Someone in the last thread reckoned that the Rods were the most boring fundie family of 2018... nah, that award is a Maxwell shoe-in, surely. There were two births and a pregnancy announcement, but that’s not particularly exciting, since there has been at least one birth in Maxwellland every year since 2008, bar 2009 and 2011. Aside from that, nada. Same old shit every year. Even Maxwell weddings are boring and samey (bar John’s one with the OMGWTFBBQ reversal speech by Pa Bontrager).

Until we get that miraculous jailbreak, I'd still give Most Boring Family to the Arndts. They don't even have birth announcements or household pets, only the mysterious permanent stasis they live in, year in, year out. And Vine Valley, which is worth, like, negative points in terms of being interesting. That said, once Jesse's married off and there are no more weddings to speculate about, the race will be a lot tighter.

Anyway. Jill might be quiet now, but she always, always, always rebounds with some ghastly behavior that none of us can see coming because we're all basically functioning adults with some sense of self-awareness and real-world mores. More so than Jill, at any rate.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 13

singsingsing
7 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hide contents

This legit looks like a number of mugshots I saw while working for the police. I'm not going to say she's on meth, but...

(YES, I AM JOKING. It's Plexus.)

Aggravated
Okie_Bokie
8 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

OMG my eyes!!!!!

OMG is right!  That photo is the stuff of nightmares!  I can't unsee it!  It's a hideous picture!  Why the ever-lovin' hell would she post that?  It's not cute or attractive in any way.  It's appalling!  {shudder}

Edited by Okie_Bokie
typing went weird--need coffee
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

Waffle Time
mango_fandango

That’s fair re the Arndts. I don’t really know them as much as I do the Maxwells, but it appears there isn’t very much to know. 

Spent
church_of_dog

I was looking at Websleuths this morning and gasped out loud when I first saw this headline.  It's not (and Kaylee), of course, but still...

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-kaylee-rodriguez-16-missing-since-leaving-for-job-interview-miami-dade-county-21-dec-2018.406904/

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

FleeJanaFree

I'm nervous that Tim is getting on a plane for the first time in his life (that we know of) today. What if he's paying all this money for a dream career of being a pilot only to discover he gets air sick or is afraid of heights, etc? Once upon a time I wanted to be a flight attendant, now I know flying irritates me. I wonder what Tim would do If he hates flying- change career routes and potentially embarrass his parents / possibly move back or near his parents? Or refuse to lose face and stick it out? I think his parents did him a disservice by encouraging him to spend an exhorberant amount of money for an aviation degree when he's never even flown.  

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Tired
FecundFundieFundus

He could switch to the mechanical side without any embarrassment. Plus all he has to say is God is leading him elsewhere and it'll be fine

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

EmmieJ
10 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to fire up my clunky Dell laptop later and do just that 😀

Meh
refugee
2 hours ago, Okie_Bokie said:

OMG is right!  That photo is the stuff of nightmares!  I can't unsee it!  It's a hideous picture!  Why the ever-lovin' hell would she post that?  It's not cute or attractive in any way.  It's appalling!  {shudder}

I dunno. It looks like the people clowning around pictures I’ve seen on my Facebook at times. Of course, those are always groups of people making the silliest faces they can, not one solo “star”, so there is that.

SuperNova
1 hour ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

He could switch to the mechanical side without any embarrassment. Plus all he has to say is God is leading him elsewhere and it'll be fine

But then how could he be a missionary pilot delivering bibles to heathens?! He can't let a little thing like airsickness stop him from fulfilling his mother's dream. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

waltraute
This works for literally everything. See Fiddler on the Roof; dream sequence.

littlemommy

Timothy posted some pictures from the airport as he flies back to the grasping, manicured arms of Jill. I find it fascinating the things he decided to photograph—the moving walkway, a pile of outside debris, some other bored looking passengers waiting. It reminds me of pictures one of my much much younger children would take (along with 500 pics of the cat).

Edited to add: it’s a public post (for now)! https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2193729487532059&id=100006850878192

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

Depressed
formergothardite
5 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

And Vine Valley, which is worth, like, negative points in terms of being interesting.

Hey now! There is falling down! Pumpkin washing. More falling down. How much more excitement do you need?! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

MayMay1123

Tim's pics look just like a young kid who has never seen, let alone been in, an airport before. I hope he's enjoying the adventure. I hope mama let's him have some freedom while he's home, but who am I kidding, tijwta 

OhNoNike

Those look like the photos that were developed from my 110 film after a trip when I was 8.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 4