IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

Did anyone noticed Jason went do Greece on a mission trip (whatever ?) with Austin's parents and Lauren Caldwell? There are some other people as well, but i guess Jason is the one who will eventually marry Lauren Caldwell. There has been a lot of speculations about which Duggar boy she'll marry, i also thought it's gonna be one of the twins, but know i think it could be Jason. And the next thing they'll announce will be courthip beetween these two tooooo young people.
tumblr_pnviihj4lb1qet7nn_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_pnviijLQwu1qet7nn_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_pnviijDxSb1qet7nn_1280.jpg

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 7

Silly Rabbit!

You know Jesus own special homey was not a PROPER Christian. A couple of Duggars and Caldwell’s will surely set right the error.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

I hope Jason doesn’t end up with Lauren Caldwell. All the Duggar men have ended up with super fundie wives, I wish at least some of them will find less fundie ones. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

They don’t want much less look for less fundie ones.FWIW Abbie is not super fundie but Fundie enough to be attractive to and be attracted to a fundie male .

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They don’t want much less look for less fundie ones.FWIW Abbie is not super fundie but Fundie enough to be attractive to and be attracted to a fundie male .

Abbie's family is into the IBLP enough to be in a picture on their website. That seems pretty fundie to me. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11

(Credit to r/DuggarsSnark for this)

The other girl in the picture is apparently someone named Madison Nicole. Here is what she had to say about this mission trip.

"Here these past few days we have had the chance to minister to more than just the Greek people who are so lost in orthodoxy and the world, but refugees from all over the middle east, Africans, people from Asia--etc. this country needs prayer. the common thought is, why minister to a country that is "primarily Christian" (orthodox), but these people do not have Jesus. they are so hardened to salvation + grace, clinging to their religion and culture. but I do believe God's word is alive and that His will will be done. His grace can overcome these strongholds. ❤️"

Those damn Greeks clinging to their damn culture! 

• Upvote 17
  • Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

The other girl in the picture is apparently someone named Madison Nicole. Here is what she had to say about this mission trip.

She also posted an ig story and is lurking on reddit lmao

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

"Here these past few days we have had the chance to minister to more than just the Greek people who are so lost in orthodoxy and the world, but refugees from all over the middle east, Africans, people from Asia--etc. this country needs prayer. the common thought is, why minister to a country that is "primarily Christian" (orthodox), but these people do not have Jesus. they are so hardened to salvation + grace, clinging to their religion and culture. but I do believe God's word is alive and that His will will be done. His grace can overcome these strongholds. ❤️"

Can somebody explain to me what being hardened to salvation+grace means and how it differs significantly from what they believe about salvation? I know Greek orthodox is catholic right so obviously that is wrong in their view. But what's the big bad difference? Why are the orthodox missing Jesus? How does salvation+grace in orthodoxy cut out Jesus? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Holy freaking Hell, what an entilted, uneducated, snotty attitude. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 19
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I know Greek orthodox is catholic right so obviously that is wrong in their view. But what's the big bad difference? Why are the orthodox missing Jesus? How does salvation+grace in orthodoxy cut out Jesus? 

As stated above, Greek (and Russian) Orthodox is different from Catholic. They split off from Catholicism during the East-West Schism. The major difference is that they don't view the pope as supreme; he's simply the bishop of Rome to them. But fundies probably would lump them in with Catholics as being idolatrous or whatever.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Okay I was confused because I read the Greek orthodox church is within the wider Eastern Orthodoxy which is officially the Orthodox catholic church. I understand now that Greek orthodox is not catholic and the main differences are the Pope as the head in Catholicism and Jesus as the head in GO, and the liturgical language used. Right?I really don't know, I knos there is a lot of theology and history to this. I know the fundamentalists reject Catholicism. And it's because of the difference in the way to salvation. I just get so confused. So that's why I sincerely ask, can anyone explain why the fundies think both the Catholics and the Greek Orthodox are missing the key to salvation and/or Jesus. In simple terms, what is the big difference/ differences that they care about (especially in terms of salvation)?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Obviously, the Greeks have the wrong Jesus. I'm always amazed that these fundies have no respect for any religion but their own narrow view.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Whenever we're talking about Greek/Russian Orthodoxy, I wish our beloved @Arete was still with us. ❤️

She was always able to beautifully explain Eastern Orthodox theology. Here is one of her very last posts, which is talking about infant baptism in Eastern Orthodoxy, but it touches upon quite a few of the differences between EO and Protestantism. One essential tenet of the Duggars' belief system is the doctrine of original sin, i.e. babies are born as sinners and need to be saved. EO does not believe in original sin.

There are tons more differences between Protestantism and Greek/Russian Orthodoxy, I'm far from an expert, so I will leave it to others.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 12

The Eastern Orthodox Church, officially the Orthodox Catholic Church, is the second-largest Christian church, with approximately 200–260 million members.

Quote from Wikipedia which I got from googling Eastern orthodoxy when I wanted to find out more.

You can see how it can be confusing. I understand that there are major differences which are theological and historical and cultural...and that the Catholic church is separate from the Greek Orthodoxy and Eastern Orthodoxy.

In terms of what the fundamentalist missionaries believe and understand...as they don't seem to be big on understanding history, or other cultures or theologies...what is the main reason they think Catholics are wrong, or the Greek orthodox church is wrong and need them to come in and set them right?

Oh, thank you @JillyO, that is helpful.

I know this is a complex subject that can't be answered in one sentence or anything in actuality, but I can;t help but thing the group on the mission trip to Greece, mostly young people, have a very narrow and naive understanding of why they are doing what they are doing and why and could answer it in one or 2 short sentences. They are on a mission. So I wonder what the hell "they don't have Jesus" because they are too "hardened to salvation+grace" is supposed to actually mean. In the search to uncover what the heck they are talking about/playing at I will likely uncover more information about Greek Orthodoxy than they get from actually being there!

• Upvote 6

they are so hardened to salvation + grace, clinging to their religion and culture.

Good Lord, the fucking smugness.

Yeah..why would people want to cling to (I'm assuming you mean take pride in?) their own religion and culture? Gee Madison Nicole, maybe take a second to wonder about whether or not you "cling" to your own religion and culture and the reasons why?

And why does you even care about their culture? What does eating baklava and dyeing Easter eggs red have to do with them being Orthodox or Baptist or saved in Jesus's eyes?

While we're at it why won't you learn some basic grammar and punctuation rules before flip flop and denim skirting your way over to one of the oldest cultures in the world and preaching to them from your adolescent mount of always-rightness?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 26
  • Love 14

50 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

And why does you even care about their culture? What does eating baklava and dyeing Easter eggs red have to do with them being Orthodox or Baptist or saved in Jesus's eyes?

I was assuming she meant they were too tied to their Byzantine culture, and the large history of the church and the traditional language that is still used in liturgy etc... like they are not reaching Jesus because their christian religion is too bogged down in the (very substantial) history and too connected to the culture that comes from that....I guess. I don't know, I am so confused. I know their point of view is likely full bullshit, but I'm trying to see it. 

I mean I highly doubt miss madison nicole knows enough about it to explain what she thinks she means, but I'd like the hear more of what she is parroting from the mission leader about why they are there.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 8

Fuck these snotty, judgemental, ignorant assholes! I'm positive the people of Greece know more about Jesus than they ever will.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

And apparently they're trying to convert refugees....refugees they call "terrorists" or "rapists" or "dangerous" when they show up at our airports or on our land borders. 

Go fucking tell those "precious" refugees you're preying on and bleating at in English about accepting Jeebus and thus becoming less scary to you by stopping being Muslim and acting more like a white-bread basic bitch from Arkansas that you'd suck Trump's dick if your pastor told you it wasn't gay to do so, that you voted for him, that you agree with all the horrible things he says about people like those "precious" refugees. Fuck you. Fuck you so goddamn fucking much. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 10

6 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

like a white-bread basic bitch from Arkansas that you'd suck Trump's dick if your pastor told you it wasn't gay to do so,

:laughing-lmao:

lol

that was fucking hilarious

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

In terms of what the fundamentalist missionaries believe and understand...as they don't seem to be big on understanding history, or other cultures or theologies...what is the main reason they think Catholics are wrong, or the Greek orthodox church is wrong and need them to come in and set them right?

I think one of the biggest sticking points is that the Catholic and Orthodox churches venerate the saints and the Virgin Mary. That goes against the "glory to God/Jesus alone" doctrine of Protestantism. So that's how Catholics and Greek Orthodox are 'missing' Jesus, because attention is also being paid to saints, even though Jesus is still very much a part of the whole thing.

It is pretty goddamn confusing, especially since they all do stem from the same basic premise, that Jesus was the Messiah. 

• Upvote 8

Did anyone noticed Jason went do Greece on a mission trip (whatever [emoji849]) with Austin's parents and Lauren Caldwell? There are some other people as well, but i guess Jason is the one who will eventually marry Lauren Caldwell. There has been a lot of speculations about which Duggar boy she'll marry, i also thought it's gonna be one of the twins, but know i think it could be Jason. And the next thing they'll announce will be courthip beetween these two tooooo young people.
tumblr_pnviihj4lb1qet7nn_1280.thumb.jpg.8b16678c107fb7dc435212816dc66a41.jpg
Spoiler

tumblr_pnviijLQwu1qet7nn_1280.thumb.jpg.83f09aba0cfe02b00974dea0dba69afd.jpg

Spoiler tumblr_pnviijDxSb1qet7nn_1280.thumb.jpg.347f4adab6a6efca0bd723c0c18d8220.jpg

Isnt that Lily Swanson - Laurens sister in the first photo on the left?

Isnt that Lily Swanson - Laurens sister in the first photo on the left?

Hmm maybe not.. just zoomed in [emoji51]

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic