IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

Just once I'd like to see a Duggar or the like actually process through all the facts and complications of an issue like this and actually account for them. Go through individual situations and tell the world what each woman should do according to your god. Explain to us how your political activism on this isn't about limiting the choices and silencing the voices of a specific section of the population (women who aren't rich or in the right socioeconomic class).

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't Duggar related but I saw this on Twitter after replying to their stupid anti abortion tweet.  Can I just say I LOVE  Patton Oswalt. 

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This isn't Duggar related but I saw this on Twitter after replying to their stupid anti abortion tweet.  Can I just say I LOVE  Patton Oswalt. 

Oh, man - like I needed more reasons for him to be my #1 weird celebrity crush!

On 1/17/2019 at 2:10 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

My dress dilemma:  I love wearing dresses and skirts, but I don't have shoes to wear with them.  I have really hurty feet and have the hardest time wearing almost any kind of shoes.  I wear nice sneaker-type comfort shoes (kind of like the picture below) almost all the time.  If I wear a dress, I can tolerate low comfort-style heels for a few hours, but not all day.

Hide contents

image.png.f71b4443369e56bfb80fa9f9b6f50389.png

Anything else make my feet hurt so much I can't make it through the day. I can't wear those sneakers with a dress.

I wore sneakers with a dress to my brother’s grad school graduation. I knew we had to walk around campus a lot and heels would kill my feet. I planned on changing into nice shoes but I didn’t. And then the person who took a family photo decided to do a full body shot for some odd reason and no more close up photos so my yucky sneakers are in full display in an otherwise nice photo. Oops.

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That kind of dialectical thinking and compassion is amazing and so rare.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Who else thinks we'll get a Valentines announcement of some sort?

I think it’s more likely to get a Bates announcement on Valentine’s Day since it’s on Thursday when BuB airs. But I do think we’ll get a Duggar announcement tomorrow. 

Something tells me that they'll be an announcement tomorrow too. I'm guessing maybe Josiah/Lauren pregnancy is the most likely. However, I won't be surprised by anything, if there is anything at all. Part of me still thinks that Jana is courting or at least getting to know someone. I feel that the IG account is very telling.

2 hours ago, anaandrade said:

Part of me still thinks that Jana is courting or at least getting to know someone. I feel that the IG account is very telling.

I think that if she isn't courting already, she got the IG to obtain more possible suitors.

Something tells me that they'll be an announcement tomorrow too. I'm guessing maybe Josiah/Lauren pregnancy is the most likely. However, I won't be surprised by anything, if there is anything at all. Part of me still thinks that Jana is courting or at least getting to know someone. I feel that the IG account is very telling.

Josiah and Lauren have just announced a miscarriage. 876096ca052682ea58ca3c44208a5f66.jpg

My heart does break for them. I lost my first pregnancy as well and it changes the way you look at life in a way and I don't personally believe that God is up there with some big plan for my life. I think these kids are prepared for a miscarriage even less than the average person. In a society that your success in life is based largely by how large your family is, I'm sure that pregnancy loss is not a large topic of conversation, even though it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies. From what we know, SiRen are the first couple to have an unsuccessful first pregnancy so that has got to be even more devastating, especially knowing how quickly both Joy and Kendra got pregnant with successful pregnancies. 

My heart does break for them. I lost my first pregnancy as well and it changes the way you look at life in a way and I don't personally believe that God is up there with some big plan for my life. I think these kids are prepared for a miscarriage even less than the average person. In a society that your success in life is based largely by how large your family is, I'm sure that pregnancy loss is not a large topic of conversation, even though it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies. From what we know, SiRen are the first couple to have an unsuccessful first pregnancy so that has got to be even more devastating, especially knowing how quickly both Joy and Kendra got pregnant with successful pregnancies. 

It truely is sad at how quickly they are expected to just pump out a family.

The parents really need to set a different example to their kids - they rush a courtship, proposal and then marriage. Even with the rushed courtship, proposal and marriage they should push them to get to know each other, travel, settle down and then have babies by the dozen. Not many of the couples actually own their house at the time of marrying or have decent jobs (working for daddy doesnt count)

JB and meshelle married in 84 and had josh in 88, they really have no rights rushing their children into something they didn’t do.

Didn't Anna have a miscarriage after Mackynzie? I think Siren are the first Duggar couple to miscarry on their first try (unless it has happened to others privately).

In any case, as much as I don't like the thought of more babies being born into that cult, miscarriages are awful, especially when the child is very wanted. Like they said in their statement, it must really sting to have all the expectations/questions about a pregnancy announcement while grieving. I hope these two have the support they need to get through this, and that nobody asks them about babies until they make another announcement.

Anna had a miscarriage between Mackynzie and Michael. 

The only Duggar miscarriages we know about are Michelle's two (Caleb and Jubilee), Anna's between Mack and Mike, and now Lauren's. But that doesn't mean others haven't happened.

Per Anna on an episode of 19KAC, she had a miscarriage between Mackynzie and Michael. None of the other couples have unless it's being kept private.

Jessa's pregnant. Anna, Joy, Lauren, and Jill have recently said they're not. The remaining Schroedinger's Uteri are Jinger (probably too soon), Kendra, and Abbie.

So much for the giant onslaught of pregnancy announcements we were all predicting.

35 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Jessa's pregnant. Anna, Joy, Lauren, and Jill have recently said they're not. The remaining Schroedinger's Uteri are Jinger (probably too soon), Kendra, and Abbie.

So much for the giant onslaught of pregnancy announcements we were all predicting.

When did Jill say this? And I'm assuming Lauren did in the morning interview ?

20 hours ago, kiwi said:

It truely is sad at how quickly they are expected to just pump out a family.

The parents really need to set a different example to their kids - they rush a courtship, proposal and then marriage. Even with the rushed courtship, proposal and marriage they should push them to get to know each other, travel, settle down and then have babies by the dozen. Not many of the couples actually own their house at the time of marrying or have decent jobs (working for daddy doesnt count)

JB and meshelle married in 84 and had josh in 88, they really have no rights rushing their children into something they didn’t do.

Exactly. Now you have a very young couple going through something very tragic and honestly they barely know each other. Then add to the fact that there are all these expectations, I can't imagine what Lauren is going through. I think the last couple lines in their post about it "not being your fault" or whatever they said along those lines is very telling as well. I'm sure that there was a lot of self blame regarding pregnancy loss in these communities. 

Jim Bob’s Valentines post about Michelle was mostly pretty standard - godly, beautiful, great mom, etc. He also said that they had been through the most difficult times of their lives together: their parents’ deaths, Jubilee’s death, Josie’s premature birth... and parenting teenagers!  (He left out “the time our oldest son embarrassed us in front of the entire world,” of course.)

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Apparently Thrive Market has cancelled their paid sponsorships with the Duggars:

thrive.png.e04ca4f6a318ee91da5c9915851366da.png

I'm guessing they didn't realize the waters they were wading into with that one which is usually the problem - most people dont. It all looks so shiny and wholesome.

19 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I'm guessing they didn't realize the waters they were wading into with that one which is usually the problem - most people dont. It all looks so shiny and wholesome.

Do companies actually look beyond the 'gloss' of the Duggars. If not, they should. 

Call me jaded, I'm not sorry the partnership was lost. 

39 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I wonder if this will lead to any self reflection upon the girls or just the 'persecuted christian shit'?

Why are we getting dumped by a brand?

What about our values are not valued and respected?

Who I am I kidding, I bet the persecuted christian talk started a long time ago, especially since this is the second time the duggar girl/s have been dropped. From memory Jill with fitbox or whatever that is. 

57 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if this will lead to any self reflection upon the girls or just the 'persecuted christian shit'?

Definitely "PCS"... I wouldn't expect any reflection beyond that.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived