IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

On 1/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, albireo said:

@singsingsing @allthegoodnamesrgone whoops, was thinking of this dress:

preggo.JPG

Mustard is her go-to color, I guess.

See now this dress cute, the color with the strips works, it is broken up. Not sure why I think this is cute but the solid mustard hideous, they are  same shape same color, just this has strips and the other is a solid color. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I think Jessa looks nice in the mustard ?‍♀️. I've got yellow-toned pale skin, so mustard looks terrible on me. 

Last time I was looking for clothes in the Target clearance section, I realized after trying on a dress that it had a specific stretchy bit on each side that tipped me off it was actually a maternity dress. But the tag looked familiar. I don't remember what brand it is, but it's got a larger name in script then a small, thin "maternity" written under that. I went home and discovered a belted tunic shirt thing I'd bought months earlier was also from that maternity band! So there you go, no babies, and I wear a maternity shirt sometimes. 

A bunch of friends of mine love those baggy shift dresses from Old Navy. I have large breasts, so they look very unflattering on me. But I love any outfits that look nice but feel like pjs. 

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I think Jessa looks nice in the mustard ?‍♀️. I've got yellow-toned pale skin, so mustard looks terrible on me. 

Same. I'm not really a fan of that solid mustard maternity dress, to be fair, but I think the mustard cardigans look great and I would own at least one or two mustard cardigans myself if I had the skin tone to pull them off.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I love any outfits that look nice but feel like pjs. 

The older I get the more clothes like this I buy. I’m so over being uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

The older I get the more clothes like this I buy. I’m so over being uncomfortable. 

I used to scorn 'jeggings' and 'leggings as pants'. Now the majority of my pants are jeggings and leggings. Haters gonna hate, I'm gonna to be comfortable.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

I used to scorn leggings as pants too. Now, I only wear jeans when I absolutely have to - and even then, they come off as soon as I get home. Leggings under tunics and dresses is my go-to office wear. I look put together, but really, I just hate real pants.

I realize I'm in the minority, but I like mustard as a color, and I like that dress. I like it because it's a more muted yellow, instead of a bright one, and I like muted colors. I'd probably wear Jessa's outfit. But hey, everyone has their own style, and I can see why others wouldn't be a fan.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I'm not a leggings as pants person. However, that being said I wear a lot of skirts and dresses with tights in the winter.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

That's exactly what I realized in my early teens. I'd much rather be comfortable which was in pants, leggings, sweats, and depending on the weather sweatshirts rather then wearing a cute dress or cute skirt and top when its freezing or shorts and a tank top in the summer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That's exactly what I realized in my early teens. I'd much rather be comfortable which was in pants, leggings, sweats, and depending on the weather sweatshirts rather then wearing a cute dress or cute skirt and top when its freezing or shorts and a tank top in the summer.

I'm all about the comfort, so I'm almost always in skirts and dresses, especially at work. So much better than dress pants, and with fleece lined tights and warm cardigans they're still cozy in the winter 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I'm not a super fashionista but I am having a really difficult time imagining the person on whom that mustard color would be flattering.

Mustard, and any other color in the yellow family, makes me look dead.  It also makes me want a hot dog. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

There comes a time in life when you don't care what it looks like if it is comfortable.   This is especially true for shoes. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I actually quite like mustard coloured clothing. And it was everywhere all over the shops this last autumn/winter. I always stop and admire it when shopping But when I try it on or hold it up against me, it looks awful against my pale skin. I look even paler, with a kinda greyish tinge and sickly looking. I am big believer in knowing what colours suit you, and bright vibrant colours really lift my complexion and make a huge difference in making me look half decent. So the mustard stuff always gets left behind.

• Upvote 5

Jessa looks nice in mustard, but I can see why it's a love it or hate it kind of colour.

I like lots of colors that I can't wear, like red or yellow, and I look good in colors that I don't love, like pink and brown. I admire people who pull off bright colors but I always end up buying earth tones or black, and anything or striped.

I also recently gave into leggings as pants but wear a tunic length top.  I love boots, so they work well. I find skinny denim too uncomfortable so I still have some unfashionable boot cut Jean's, but they're too comfortable to get rid of.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

36 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

I find skinny denim too uncomfortable so I still have some unfashionable boot cut Jean's, but they're too comfortable to get rid of.

I wore some old boot cut jeans to a friend's house last weekend,  and my husband asked why I was dressing so fancy.  

• Haha 14

So... Counting on is Jill & Jessa: Elämä jatkuu, translated to Jill & Jessa: Life moves on in Finland, and it has reeeeally started to bother me. We're going on season 3 right now it seems, and the focus is MUCH larger than just Jill & Jessa with all of the babies and weddings and shit. I've been trying to come up with a better name, but I'm stuck! I just fucking hate the current name, aargh! I wanna pitch something better to TLC because Jill & Jessa ain't even a catchy name. They need something more clickbaitey! Gnnnh!

Also, TLC is having some fetish season on "little people" and it's driving me insane :bangheaddesk:

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Jessa looks nice in mustard, but I can see why it's a love it or hate it kind of colour.

I like lots of colors that I can't wear, like red or yellow, and I look good in colors that I don't love, like pink and brown. I admire people who pull off bright colors but I always end up buying earth tones or black, and anything or striped.

I also recently gave into leggings as pants but wear a tunic length top.  I love boots, so they work well. I find skinny denim too uncomfortable so I still have some unfashionable boot cut Jean's, but they're too comfortable to get rid of.

I like mustard (the color & the condiment). But I can't wear it. (color or condiment). It makes me look jaundiced. I wear a lot of black, gray and jewel tones though. I tried to wear orange (my favorite color) but it looked AWFUL on me so... 

I also wear leggings as pants but only with a longer top to cover my bum. And I love my boot cut jeans and you will have to pry them off my cold dead body. Step away from my jeans.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, finnlassie said:

So... Counting on is Jill & Jessa: Elämä jatkuu, translated to Jill & Jessa: Life moves on in Finland, and it has reeeeally started to bother me. We're going on season 3 right now it seems, and the focus is MUCH larger than just Jill & Jessa with all of the babies and weddings and shit. I've been trying to come up with a better name, but I'm stuck! I just fucking hate the current name, aargh! I wanna pitch something better to TLC because Jill & Jessa ain't even a catchy name. They need something more clickbaitey! Gnnnh!

Also, TLC is having some fetish season on "little people" and it's driving me insane :bangheaddesk:

They will have to change it at anyway once they get to season 5 ? 

• Upvote 5

On 1/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I'm all about the comfort, so I'm almost always in skirts and dresses, especially at work. So much better than dress pants, and with fleece lined tights and warm cardigans they're still cozy in the winter 

AH Finaly somone who has seen the ligh! ;)

I am probably the person that wears the most dresses and skirts in my friends' group. All my girl friends don't get it because for them, dresses and skirts are uncomfortable. It is completly the opposite for me. Dress pants are awful and even jeans I am not a huge fan in terms of comfort. At least that is how it feels for me. The only pants I really enjoy are my sweatpants I wear to chill at home. But skirts and dresses, not only are UBER comfortable, I personnaly find it usually makes my figure look nicer than pants. My go-to are A-line skirts. I admit tights can be a pain sometimes but if in the winter I can get away with leggings-as-tights, I am the happiest of campers.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I am probably the person that wears the most dresses and skirts in my friends' group. All my girl friends don't get it because for them, dresses and skirts are uncomfortable. It is completly the opposite for me. Dress pants are awful and even jeans I am not a huge fan in terms of comfort. At least that is how it feels for me. The only pants I really enjoy are my sweatpants I wear to chill at home. But skirts and dresses, not only are UBER comfortable, I personnaly find it usually makes my figure look nicer than pants. My go-to are A-line skirts.

Another non-religious skirt wearer here!

I began to wear more skirts and dresses when I first got my formal office job, because it was easier to find skirts that fit and were in my budget than dress pants (I'm insanely tall and have a strange hip to waist ratio). My budget isn't as tight now, but skirts are just so much more comfortable, easier to find well-fitting ones, and don't wear out as quickly (no stretching on the knees and butt like in pants). I have some eight year old skirts that still look brand new.

They are also not as dependent on trends, and so it's easier to find ones in thrift stores if that's your thing (I really sound like a stealth fundie right now...) They are also easier to buy online since they aren't as fit specific as pants.

Wool skirts and thick tights are way warmer than pants, and it's hard to get leggings to fit under narrow cut pants anyway. And nothing is as comfortable as a simple sundress with some flat sandals.

I'd wear jeans more in my free time-- if I could find a great pair that fit. I don't look forward to the shopping trip that will probably involve trying on thirty pairs before finding one pair that is just okay. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 1/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, MargaretElliott said:

I used to scorn leggings as pants too. Now, I only wear jeans when I absolutely have to - and even then, they come off as soon as I get home. Leggings under tunics and dresses is my go-to office wear. I look put together, but really, I just hate real pants.

I am mostly a pants-wearer - thinner legs, unapologetically plump on the belly/hips area - so skinny pants/leggings and soft, flowy tunics or blouses, jackets, and jacket-like sweaters and cardigans are my go-tos. This year I discovered Calvin Klein's wear-to-work slim fit "leggings" for the office, and fleece-lined casual leggings for my free time: I'm in heaven. I think I wore jeans maybe twice in 6 months. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Another non-religious skirt wearer here!

I began to wear more skirts and dresses when I first got my formal office job, because it was easier to find skirts that fit and were in my budget than dress pants (I'm insanely tall and have a strange hip to waist ratio). My budget isn't as tight now, but skirts are just so much more comfortable, easier to find well-fitting ones, and don't wear out as quickly (no stretching on the knees and butt like in pants). I have some eight year old skirts that still look brand new.

They are also not as dependent on trends, and so it's easier to find ones in thrift stores if that's your thing (I really sound like a stealth fundie right now...) They are also easier to buy online since they aren't as fit specific as pants.

Wool skirts and thick tights are way warmer than pants, and it's hard to get leggings to fit under narrow cut pants anyway. And nothing is as comfortable as a simple sundress with some flat sandals.

I'd wear jeans more in my free time-- if I could find a great pair that fit. I don't look forward to the shopping trip that will probably involve trying on thirty pairs before finding one pair that is just okay. 

I'm also very tall and I don't really like shopping. Asos Tall works great for me- you may find it helpful. They have free shipping and simple free returns, so you can order two (or more) sizes of the same item and return anything that doesn't fit right.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

AH Finaly somone who has seen the ligh! ;)

I am probably the person that wears the most dresses and skirts in my friends' group. All my girl friends don't get it because for them, dresses and skirts are uncomfortable. It is completly the opposite for me. Dress pants are awful and even jeans I am not a huge fan in terms of comfort. At least that is how it feels for me. The only pants I really enjoy are my sweatpants I wear to chill at home. But skirts and dresses, not only are UBER comfortable, I personnaly find it usually makes my figure look nicer than pants. My go-to are A-line skirts. I admit tights can be a pain sometimes but if in the winter I can get away with leggings-as-tights, I am the happiest of campers.

In the winter I wear fleece lines tights! The comfort of leggings, but warmer and with feet attached. When it's real cold I'll wear them under pants for outdoor activities 

• Upvote 4

I've been wondering this for a while, particularly since the first round of Duggar love kind of diminished.... but WHY does every pregnancy still get an announcement on People? It's a pregnancy, not the second coming, and it's the pregnancy of a VERY MINOR pseudo celebrity, a member of a cult family who is famous only for pregnancy. I mean... they've done it nearly a dozen times already. Does the world need to know again?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic