IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a really cute top that I gave away after my first pregnancy, and the woman I gave it to kept wearing it after she had her baby.  It was cute, didn't really look like a maternity top, and was comfortable.  I wished I had it back, but she wore that thing until it finally fell apart.

Jessa announced today, 61 days after Kade was born and 174 days after Felicity was born. Jessa likely conceived 2 months after Felicity’s birth though.

whos next?

I bet we get at least one more announcement before the show starts, if not two. Anna in 2-3 weeks. Lauren or Abbie a few days before the new season starts

I wonder how quickly JB wiped the sweat off his brow and upper lip when he heard the news? #babiesbabiesbabies or #moneymoneymoney

I predict Abbie next, right before the season premieres. If she and John have a honeymoon baby, she'd be in the 9-10 week range now, which would make an announcement next month very appropriate. 

Maybe Anna after that, and Kendra around Garrett's 1st birthday. Lauren around their first anniversary. Joy will be pregnant by the end of the year, no idea when though. I think it's very *possible* we have an announcement from Jill and/or Jinger in late 2019, but definitely no earlier. 

I also think they'll pull a wedding out of somewhere, this year. For 2018 I guessed 1 wedding, but both Si and JD snuck up on me haha. 

10 hours ago, albireo said:

@singsingsing @allthegoodnamesrgone whoops, was thinking of this dress:

preggo.JPG

Mustard is her go-to color, I guess.

Mustard is to Jessa what green is to Jichelle.

Well, I guess we won't be making it to 1 year of no new Duggar births. Good call on the prediction from @HereticHick that the next birth announcement will happen by May 19-30.

I'm not surprised that Jessa was pregnant and waiting to announce. She seems to like to announce further along than some of the others. Come to think of it, there was some low key pregnancy speculation based on this photo because of Ben's awkward hand placement.

Also, I love the floaty floral dress that Jessa tried on at Amy's store. I kind of want one, but I'd wear it with fishnets and black leather boots with a pointy toe and a bit of a heel.

I think there will be an announcement before the season premiere in February (if they don't have anything to announce they could announce the gender sex of Jessa's baby). If Jill waits 18 months after c-section before trying to conceive, we could have an announcement around May time. 

Did the show catch up to real time last season or is this going to be about Burgar wedding prep? 

14 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did the show catch up to real time last season or is this going to be about Burgar wedding prep? 

It ended in Josiah’s wedding.. so it will be over 6 months behind 

I think Jessa anouced now bc there are other announcements before the next season. I think the week before the new season there will be some sort of announcement. 

6 minutes ago, Ever said:

I think Jessa anouced now bc there are other announcements before the next season. I think the week before the new season there will be some sort of announcement. 

maybe, but it might just be that she had to announce now or lose control of the story.  if she's already at 4-5 months the baggiest dresses in the world wouldn't be able to hide the pregnancy for much longer. 

Did anyone have a scripted series show (back when there were good scripted series shows a la star trek) and was pissed off when there was an episode that was about a character you didnt like?  I hated the Dr on Star Trek Voyager and would get so annoyed that I had to wait a WHOLE WEEK before there could be another episode that WASNT about him.

Thats how I feel about the duggars (except they all suck).  There are too many characters on this show and when even we cant keep track of whats going on its time to pull the plug, revert to specials, or just follow a single family.  No one wants to hear Kendra's annoying giggle, listen to Ben preach and/or rap, watch JD build things, see anyone buy more cars at an auction, and HOLY RUFUS NO ONE wants to see Boob and Michelle kiss.

THe shark has been jumped.  The horse is dead.  Its time for TLC to focus on what it does best: popping pimples, fat shaming, and following Jazz.

10 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Also, I love the floaty floral dress that Jessa tried on at Amy's store. I kind of want one, but I'd wear it with fishnets and black leather boots with a pointy toe and a bit of a heel.

You could buy it and then make your very own IG post.  I bet fishnets would give them a lot to think about ... 

I think I actually liked that pic on instagram. If Jessa were to investigate my like, it would lead her to an instagram account full of pole fitness training videos and stripper selfies. The horrors.

I'm a little surprised that she didn't announce before Christmas. It's possible she was stretching it out as long as possible but somebody else produced a pee stick in the last week or so and so rather than waiting for closer to February and the new season, she went public now and we'll get a second announcement in a few weeks.

23 hours ago, albireo said:

She's worn that dress before, too, when she wasn't pregnant --- and she said in the comments it was a maternity dress. Does Jessa wear maternity dresses all the time no matter what?

If she got used to seeing her mother wearing maternity clothes as everyday clothing, as @allthegoodnamesrgone pointed out, it would seem normal. And even if it is maternity clothing, it's not obvious and frankly it looks pretty comfortable and forgiving of any bodily aspects she's not happy with. No lie, there are a couple of sweater tunics/dresses I wore when pregnant that were not only not obviously maternity but darn comfy, and I'm probably not giving those away once we're done having kids. (Which will be interesting, as one technically belongs to a friend, but maybe she won't notice that one not being returned with the rest...)

Also, I don't know how she does It, but I think she manages to pull off the mustard color.

I am pretty sure there's at least one more announcement in the works before the next season starts. I was placing my bets on a SiRen pregnancy before even a Jessa pregnancy, but now Jana's apparently got an Instagram account...

Like a few other posters, I kept a few maternity clothes. Three turtlenecks that don't look like maternity wear and one pair of denim shorts that I never wear outside the house.

Before I needed maternity clothes, I hadn't gotten very many new clothes for awhile. I mostly got by with things I had owned for years with some second-hand pieces as needed. So, my maternity wardrobe, with a new dress, a new skirt, some new tops, and other cute stuff, included some of the nicest clothes I had owned in years. (My mom and other family members bought me most of the clothes as birthday presents. :) ) If more of those clothes could have passed as ordinary clothes, I would have saved most of them. Especially the cute chocolate brown dress. :romance-smileyheart:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I can't really say I knew it since I've been basically guessing Jessa to be next all last year. It'll be interesting to see who is next if its Abby, Lauren, Jill and then Anna or a different order. 

I lent some of my favorite maternity clothes to a friend, telling her that I wanted them back.  She moved and I never got them back.  It is dumb, because I never needed them again, but still, I wanted to save a piece or two. I had a lovely dark brown shirt that I always felt so good in while I was wearing it. 

I'm not a super fashionista but I am having a really difficult time imagining the person on whom that mustard color would be flattering.

It isn't that Jessa looks bad in the color, it is just an ugly color, and a lot of it. I think it wouldn't be as bad if it were part of a print with another color. 

I have said it before but I love mustard, it is super trendy right now so easy to buy. I have a partly mustard sweater, a mustard headband and a big mustard scarf.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived