IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

See my post above. Garrett was only just born in June, so I'm really confused as to where this idea that it's surprising that Kendra hasn't announced again or that she may not reproduce that quickly is coming from. It's really early for her still.

My son was born in April (8 months) and I can honestly say my husband and I have had very little sex since then. We aren’t even sleeping in the same bed bc my son sleeps so terribly and I am up with him all  hours of the night. I’m nursing him back to sleep as I write this and it’s nearly midnight here in jersey.

Hubby is up very early and working a ton and I am flat out exhausted and just not all that into sex right now. Breast feeding has caused my sex drive to plummet to non-existence and I am super self conscious about how my breasts even look. 

I honestly don’t understand how people jump right back into things so quickly when all I want is a decent night sleep. I personally am not surprised at all that they aren’t announcing a pregnancy.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 16

Jana and Nathan would probably be a better match, I agree. He is 3-4 years younger, but they are now in their mid-late twenties, so that should not be that big of a deal. Jinger is 7 years younger than Jeremy and got married at 21/22. Big difference there is life experience.

Jana and Nathan, well, I could see them as the secret fundie power couple: hard working, a lot of kids but definately not double digits, successfull in business and marriage.

• Upvote 3

Jed and Jer turned 20 yesterday! How much longer before one of them is a-courtin’? I’m convinced that one of them will end up with Lauren Caldwell.
Two Lauren Duggars in the same family might interesting....
  • Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Jana and Nathan would probably be a better match, I agree. He is 3-4 years younger, but they are now in their mid-late twenties, so that should not be that big of a deal. Jinger is 7 years younger than Jeremy and got married at 21/22. Big difference there is life experience.

Jana and Nathan, well, I could see them as the secret fundie power couple: hard working, a lot of kids but definately not double digits, successfull in business and marriage.

I don't know seeing how Nathan acts on Bringing Up Bates I don't think any woman deserves him. What with him going off on Tori about her hair. It was really horrible and then later his comment about how he's always going to be completely honest with the girl he's with. If she looks terrible he's going to tell her that. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

The problem is that we don’t have a really good idea about Jana though. Apart from the things she said herself we only the the role that she plays in the TV show. She is supposed to be the ever so accomplished Cinderella. That is probably as true as Joy the tomboy. The baseline is right but it’s way exaggerated. I don’t get the love she gets here sometimes. She mothered a lot of her siblings which (to me) also means in the end she trained them according to her parents rules. If she is as good and smart as posters make her out to be there is absolutely no excuse for her to stay and go on training her young siblings. 

Nathan has shown his ugly side but I don’t think he is worse than the rest. He just didn’t hide it for TV. 

They could be very well matched. But I actually don’t see a Duggar-Bates match happening. The Bates boys won’t want to deal with JB and the Bates girls surely know they have more „freedom“ outside the Duggar universe. Similar the other way round. The Duggar boys might not like a more high maintenance Bates girl (fun/less modesty/money) and the Duggar girls are all married for now.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SamuraiKatz said:
On 12/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:
Jed and Jer turned 20 yesterday! How much longer before one of them is a-courtin’? I’m convinced that one of them will end up with Lauren Caldwell.

Just rename the other as Lauren Marie and the problem is solved!

For those who don't follow the Maxwells : they have a daughter named Anna, and when one of their sons married someone who's also Anna, they started to call the daughter-in-law as Anna Marie, because Lord says there can only be one Anna and that's the one Holy Stevus (father of the family) produced himself. They also renamed Anna Marie's little sister Sarah as "Gracie" because their own daughter is also a Sarah...

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

A little off topic here but does anyone else think that there will be suprisingly few grandchildren for the Duggars? By that I mean the number will stay under 100, probably somewhere around 80. With this new trend of no pregnancies (I'm assuming there actually are none) I can see 3-4 Duggars having no children at all, and the rest of them on average 5, with only 1 or 2 of them reaching double digits at all and some will stay at 1-3 children.

If this continues this might become reality and JB will not see his family reach the glorious number 100 grandchildren.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

My son was born in April (8 months) and I can honestly say my husband and I have had very little sex since then. We aren’t even sleeping in the same bed bc my son sleeps so terribly and I am up with him all  hours of the night. I’m nursing him back to sleep as I write this and it’s nearly midnight here in jersey.

Hubby is up very early and working a ton and I am flat out exhausted and just not all that into sex right now. Breast feeding has caused my sex drive to plummet to non-existence and I am super self conscious about how my breasts even look. 

I honestly don’t understand how people jump right back into things so quickly when all I want is a decent night sleep. I personally am not surprised at all that they aren’t announcing a pregnancy.

I used to know a woman who worked as a CNA in a maternity ward for a few years.  She said that she was convinced that some of those couples pulled the car over on the way home from the hospital and started having sex, as quickly as some of them were back to deliver the next baby.  Most people I know are happy to wait the six weeks and even then aren't really ready to get back to frequent sex.  I had to have my youngest pass their first birthday before I looked forward to a little fun and games between the sheets.

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, eveandadam said:

A little off topic here but does anyone else think that there will be suprisingly few grandchildren for the Duggars? By that I mean the number will stay under 100, probably somewhere around 80. With this new trend of no pregnancies (I'm assuming there actually are none) I can see 3-4 Duggars having no children at all, and the rest of them on average 5, with only 1 or 2 of them reaching double digits at all and some will stay at 1-3 children.

If this continues this might become reality and JB will not see his family reach the glorious number 100 grandchildren.

I still think they’ll get to 100. It’s far from clear that even Jana will not have children. Josh, Jill, and Jinger probably will not have many more, but they’ll have some. Joy is questionable because we don’t know if she can have a successful VBAC. I have no idea what’s up with Jessa, but I doubt that their family is complete. Abbie and Lauren’s fertility isn’t clear yet; it’s entirely possible that they could have large families. Joe and Kendra could have lots more.  We have no idea about the younger half of the children.

Getting to 100 only requires an average of five grandchildren per child (if they count Tyler, and they will). Two children reaching double digits provide an additional ten or more grandchildren to make up for two children not having children at all, and the ones who have 6-9 balance out the ones who have 1-4.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

I used to know a woman who worked as a CNA in a maternity ward for a few years.  She said that she was convinced that some of those couples pulled the car over on the way home from the hospital and started having sex, as quickly as some of them were back to deliver the next baby.  Most people I know are happy to wait the six weeks and even then aren't really ready to get back to frequent sex.  I had to have my youngest pass their first birthday before I looked forward to a little fun and games between the sheets.

My brother & sister are 10 months apart. I can't even imagine.

And my brother (different brother) and I are 11 months apart. Yikes!

Edited by mollysmom
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Agreed. Lack of sleep and PPD kicked the snot out of me. It wasn't until my son was a year old and weaned that I had pretty much any interest, and even then after a rough day I still couldn't stand the thought of my husband needing something physical or even mental and emotional from me. Heck, some days I still can't, and we have a two-year-old now.

Of course, we also don't belong to a religious tradition where we have to submit any time our husbands are interested. I can only hope the second-gen spouses are considerate enough to notice when their wives aren't unrelated and let it go.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

I never made it to 6 weeks before daily sex resumed.  waiting wasn't an option in my marriage.

thankfully we did use bc or you all would have a subforum snarking on me, my ex, and our eleventy million kids.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 21
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I don't know seeing how Nathan acts on Bringing Up Bates I don't think any woman deserves him. What with him going off on Tori about her hair. It was really horrible and then later his comment about how he's always going to be completely honest with the girl he's with. If she looks terrible he's going to tell her that. 

I remember this clearly because it was just so... icky. But I also realize that the one of the parents is sitting feet away from that interview couch, to, you know... "supervise." Kids growing up in this mess likely learn to act and say things that would bring approval from the parents... so they can be the ultimate godly children. I believe it is possible some of the things the kids in both families say during interviews is to show their parents how awesomely godly and obedient they are, whether or not their words are the real truth. Even when they are interviewed 'in the field' so to speak, if their cut makes the show they know their parents will see it.  Dear jebus the stress those kids must be under ALL THE DANG TIME. 

All this to say, Nathan, or any of them, may not be as bad as their words make them appear to be. They might be, some are, but they might not be...(one can hope.)

• Upvote 4

OK. So we've made it to 1 year since a Duggar has announced a pregnancy. The next question is if we can make it to July 19 without a Duggar being born. It's possible. Odds are there will be Duggars jestating at that point, but we just might have one full year between the birth of Felicity Vuolo, and the arrival of the next grandduggar.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 17

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I never made it to 6 weeks before daily sex resumed.  waiting wasn't an option in my marriage.

thankfully we did use bc or you all would have a subforum snarking on me, my ex, and our eleventy million kids.

I certainly hope that the “no option” decision was mutually determined  in your marriage.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I certainly hope that the “no option” decision was mutually determined  in your marriage.

it wasn't a healthy marriage, but it's long over.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 24

12 hours ago, Bobology said:

All this to say, Nathan, or any of them, may not be as bad as their words make them appear to be. They might be, some are, but they might not be...(one can hope.)

Sadly, I think we should also keep in mind that some of them may be worse than they appear to be on camera. If their parents are watching their talking heads to make sure that they're toeing the line, that might include making sure that they aren't exposing just how bad they are in real life.

It seems like in "reality tv", only the word "tv" matters. Reality? :pb_lol:

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It seems like in "reality tv", only the word "tv" matters. Reality? :pb_lol:

Reality TV is not reality. Just like countries with "democratic" in them are not democratic. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

On 1/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

OK. So we've made it to 1 year since a Duggar has announced a pregnancy. The next question is if we can make it to July 19 without a Duggar being born. It's possible. Odds are there will be Duggars jestating at that point, but we just might have one full year between the birth of Felicity Vuolo, and the arrival of the next grandduggar.

I doubt it, but I do think we can make it to May 19, perhaps even May 30, without a new Duggar blessing.

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:33 AM, eveandadam said:

Huh, maybe there are no announcements from the Duggars nor the Bates' side because there is at least one courtship going on between the two families

Jana and Lawson or Nathan?

Katy and Jed, Jer, Jason or James? (I know Katy was photographed with that one guy on Josie's wedding, but maybe that special friendship is off now, who knows?

Or mabye something not so nice happened (please not!!!), and I don't wanna jinx it so I'm not saying any names or things...

omg reading this, gave me a flashback that I had a dream about it being announced Katie was dating with a purpose and I rushed right over here to read all about it. I do think someone is in the mix for her though I don't think it is a duggar. I have a feeling about the curly haired duggar twin 

On 1/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, SamuraiKatz said:
On 1/1/2019 at 6:16 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

wasn't one of them linked with kendra?

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I doubt it, but I do think we can make it to May 19, perhaps even May 30, without a new Duggar blessing.

I'm sure there will be more announcements before July 19, but in order for a new baby to be delivered before that date, it would be a tight squeeze. That baby would have to be conceived around mid-late November. It could happen if somebody's currently pregnant and waiting for the end of the first trimester to announce, or if somebody gives birth prematurely.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm sure there will be more announcements before July 19, but in order for a new baby to be delivered before that date, it would be a tight squeeze. That baby would have to be conceived around mid-late November. It could happen if somebody's currently pregnant and waiting for the end of the first trimester to announce, or if somebody gives birth prematurely.

It would actually be a mid-late October conception, assuming it arrives around its due date. Definitely very possible, but the more time that passes without an announcement the more likely it is that we may just see a full year go by without another Duggar blessing.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

All the other TLC shows have announced new seasons.  This silence has to be due to negotiations.  There is no way there isnt a pregnancy, courtship, or scandal going on in Duggarville right now. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

All the other TLC shows have announced new seasons.  This silence has to be due to negotiations.  There is no way there isnt a pregnancy, courtship, or scandal going on in Duggarville right now. 

Maybe they're waiting for someone to be ready to announce a pregnancy or courtship so that they can have a more interesting promo for the new season.

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe they're waiting for someone to be ready to announce a pregnancy or courtship so that they can have a more interesting promo for the new season.

"More" and "interesting" are not words that go well with "Duggar."  LOL

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic