IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they are saving up for a multiple reveal as a lead in to the new season.  Because they likely don’t have anything new to offer fans.

18 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I wonder if they are saving up for a multiple reveal as a lead in to the new season.  Because they likely don’t have anything new to offer fans.

I still hold out hope that there wont be a new season and there will only be specials.  There are just too many of them to keep up with, and the manufactured bs just cant fly anymore.  

43 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I still hold out hope that there wont be a new season and there will only be specials.  There are just too many of them to keep up with, and the manufactured bs just cant fly anymore.  

Longtime lurker first time poster so trying to navigate the website. 

I believe they do have another season, only because of John and Abbie's wedding. I honestly believe Jessa is pregnant and waiting to announce to secure another season. 

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

You very well could be right. Courtships, weddings and babies, that's it.

I'm thinking they are waiting until Christmas Eve. Christmas is also a possibility, but that takes away from Jesus's manufactured birthdate, so I have it on the 24th. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 2-3 announced that day. 

I assume there is going to be a new season because my cable provider removed the last season from On Demand last week and I’ve noticed they tend to do this ahead of a new season coming out and then will put them back On demand once the new season starts.

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Weren't there pictures released from a promo shoot for the new season? I believe it's starting in early January.

I haven't seen any for Counting On. However, I believe pictures have been released from a promo shoot for the new season of Bringing Up Bates, which premieres January 3rd.

Yesterday was Felicity’s 5 month.

That means 154 days since Felicity Vuolo’s birth and 41 days since Kade Smith’s birth and no announcements from either camp.

Tori Smith gave birth to Kade November 9th
Abbie Duggar married November 3rd
Josie Balka married October 5th
Jinger Vuolo gave birth to Felicity July 19th
Lauren Duggar married June 30th
Kendra Duggar gave birth to Garrett June 8th
Erin Paine gave birth to Everly March 30th
Alyssa Webster gave birth to Zoey March 28th
Joy Forsyth gave birth to Gideon February 23rd
Anna Duggar gave birth to Mason September 12, 2017
Jill Dillard gave birth to Samuel July 8th, 2017
Jessa Seewald gave birth to Henry February 6th, 2017
Whitney Bates gave birth to Kaci June 20th, 2016
Michael Keilen married August 15th, 2015

7 hours ago, Caskett4ever said:

I haven't seen any for Counting On. However, I believe pictures have been released from a promo shoot for the new season of Bringing Up Bates, which premieres January 3rd.

OK, maybe not a promo exactly. There was a little video released by TLC where 4 Duggar couples: Jabbie, Jostin, Joken, and JinJer wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving while holding pumpkins. If they didn't renew the show I can't see why that video would have been released. Can't remember where I got the January date from so that may be for the Bates.

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

OK, maybe not a promo exactly. There was a little video released by TLC where 4 Duggar couples: Jabbie, Jostin, Joken, and JinJer wished everyone a happy Thanksgiving while holding pumpkins. If they didn't renew the show I can't see why that video would have been released. Can't remember where I got the January date from so that may be for the Bates.

We’re the women holding the pumpkins in front of their bellies?

If there is a courtship or pregnancy, they will probably make one of those "tune in on the season premiere for a big announcement" things.

As I sit enjoying my second glass of a Cabernet Sauvignon, I pondered which Duggar, Duggar in-law Or fundy friend has drank alcohol and/or enjoys an adult beverage or two? I think Josh and John have drank beer. Jessa and Ben might have tried some cocktails and Josiah, prior to Lauren might have drank. 

Nah, I don't think any of them have voluntarily consumed alcohol. Jeremy, sure, almost certainly. Derick, maybe. But none of the other in-laws (all married in underage except Abbie, for starters.....) And none of the born-Duggars.

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Nah, I don't think any of them have voluntarily consumed alcohol. Jeremy, sure, almost certainly. Derick, maybe. But none of the other in-laws (all married in underage except Abbie, for starters.....) And none of the born-Duggars.

I agree, but I could see Ben, jessa, Jeremy, and jinger doing non alcoholic beer or a virgin margarita night.

I have always wondered about there oposition to alcool beverages.

But then again, I grew up Catholic, where wine is not an issue. I certainly knew a few sisters who enjoyed there little glass every night. ?

48 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

But then again, I grew up Catholic, where wine is not an issue. I certainly knew a few sisters who enjoyed there little glass every night. ?

Growing up, we split time between my grandfather’s Freewill Baptist church (evangelical but not fundie, rooted in Quaker tradition) and my grandmother’s mainline United Methodist church. Both technically prohibit/strongly discourage alcohol consumption. The basic rationale is that alcohol is an intoxicating substance, and intoxication harmful physically and spiritually. Both denominations use grape juice for communion. The Methodist church also explicitly states that grape juice for communion is more inclusive than alcohol, and people who can’t/don’t want to drink should be able to fully participate in church. In practice, members of both congregations drink occasionally, but not daily, and generally never to the point of being drunk.

57 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I went from a predominantly Catholic area to a very Baptist area. Alcohol is a matter of salvation to a large chunk of the community and most would rather die than drink and that is so opposite of what I'm used to. Consumption is seen as a voluntary surrender of your eternal salvation and while the doctrine has never been clear to me (hi, Jewish lol) - it is a big thing. Dry weddings, dry social events, dry formal galas because even now it's taboo to drink in front of others. Unsurprisingly enough, substance and alcohol abuse is a large but unspoken  issue. 

At this point I'm expecting an announcement with like three of them pregnant, all in different stages of pregnancy. How do they make yet another baby announcement interesting? Why, do three at once! Four? Five! First Jessa announces, then Kendra is like "omg y'all, me too!" and just when we think it can't get any crazier, a very pregnant Anna and slightly-showing Joy appear. It's madness!

Okay I'll stop. 

I can't decide if that's speculation or a nightmare.... but I do think they're aiming for a group pregnancy...

12 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I can't decide if that's speculation or a nightmare.... but I do think they're aiming for a group pregnancy...

I agree. And it’s weird and gives me the heebie jeebies. Do they call each other up to be all, “Hey I’m ovulating and we’re having sex tonight. You should have sex too. I’m going to call the others and let them know.”

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

I went from a predominantly Catholic area to a very Baptist area. Alcohol is a matter of salvation to a large chunk of the community and most would rather die than drink and that is so opposite of what I'm used to. Consumption is seen as a voluntary surrender of your eternal salvation and while the doctrine has never been clear to me (hi, Jewish lol) - it is a big thing. Dry weddings, dry social events, dry formal galas because even now it's taboo to drink in front of others. Unsurprisingly enough, substance and alcohol abuse is a large but unspoken  issue. 

Meanwhile my family is Italian Catholic-turned-atheist on one side and very liberal Jewish on the other. It ain't a NastyHobbitses Family Wedding, Christmas, or Bat Mitzvah until someone ends the night slurring a Motown standard or getting in a fight about politics. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived