IGNORED

Vyckie Garrison - GoFundMe

princessjo1988

5 hours ago, ScoobySleuth said:

Angel is the one who wrote in that group she was sex-trafficked. Angel also wrote that her mother was dead. The person Angel was telling this to had no clue who Angel was at the time.

I'm really not sure what your motivation is. And I'm not interested in "my friend had a conversation with someone who said they were one of V-G's kids" storytelling.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

I'm really not sure what your motivation is. And I'm not interested in "my friend had a conversation with someone who said they were one of V-G's kids" storytelling.

I’m going to expose this scam perpetrated by Angel Morrison. It’s a pattern with this family going back years. 

I will post screenshots when I’m finished redacting innocent folks names. Since you’re not interested, you’re under no obligation to read my posts or to comment on them. No need to worry about my ‘motives’.

• Downvote 1

Above post reported.  @ScoobySleuth, please don't do that.

I expect a member of our staff will get here soon but until they do, you might want to read the rules.  https://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/

Do NOT post private information about individuals. Private information includes, but is not limited to,  information gleaned from private Facebook pages, private message boards or forums, invite only blogs and other private sources, UNLESS the individual in question verifies with an admin or media relations that posting such info here is ok. That is the only way such info is allowed. Unverified third party posting is absolutely unacceptable in all circumstances.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Above post reported.  @ScoobySleuth, please don't do that.

I expect a member of our staff will get here soon but until they do, you might want to read the rules.  https://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/

The group is over 500 members and was public at the time. The victim was re-victimized and even attempted to reach out to Angel trying to help her because she believed her story of being a sex-trafficking victim and that her mother was dead. That is a scam.

The two admin of the group has okayed it. 

• Downvote 6

23 minutes ago, ScoobySleuth said:

I’m going to expose this scam perpetrated by Angel Morrison. It’s a pattern with this family going back years. 

I will post screenshots when I’m finished redacting innocent folks names. Since you’re not interested, you’re under no obligation to read my posts or to comment on them. No need to worry about my ‘motives’.

Please don’t do this. 

The rules, as @Palimpsest has quoted above, are very clear. We do not allow members to post screenshots from private interactions, whether that’s text messages or a private Instagram post. 

Feel free to PM me (or another helpmeet or one of the admins) if you need further details. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

21 hours ago, ScoobySleuth said:

?

Angel Morrison wrote in a private Facebook group...

Morrison =/= Garrison. Are you even talking about the same person?

You shouldn't be posting something from a private Facebook group in any case, no matter who it is.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, ScoobySleuth said:

The group is over 500 members and was public at the time. The victim was re-victimized and even attempted to reach out to Angel trying to help her because she believed her story of being a sex-trafficking victim and that her mother was dead. That is a scam.

I don't even understand what sort of scam you are talking about. None of this is making sense, but for the love of everything good don't post things from a private group. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

This really feels like another round of "V is not getting the money she wants, knows people have empathy for A, tries to make A look bad and at least get attention". 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

This really feels like another round of "V is not getting the money she wants, knows people have empathy for A, tries to make A look bad and at least get attention". 

Thanks for putting it so succinctly.  :)  

Who knows though.  Perhaps @ScoobySleuth really believes that they saving us from being scammed although they sound vindictive.  

If that's the case, thanks.  Please go through the right Admin channels to make your case that it was indeed Angel, daughter of Vyckie G, who posted misinformation to that group.

As I may have pointed out once or twice before, showing compassion is never a bad thing.  And that everyone and anyone can be scammed however smart they think they are. 

However, if someone (using whatever name) posts on a Facebook group that their mother is dead and they have full responsibility of their (mostly adult) siblings, then it is usually a good idea to look for an obituary or other proof before you gallop down that road after them.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 13

Or it's possible that someone is using Angel's name for some weird reason, or that there is another Angel Morrison who was sex-trafficked and has been conflated with Vyckie's daughter... scammers abound on the internet.

My sympathies remain with the victims of sex trafficking and not with scammers.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Or it's possible that someone is using Angel's name for some weird reason, or that there is another Angel Morrison who was sex-trafficked and has been conflated with Vyckie's daughter... scammers abound on the internet.

My sympathies remain with the victims of sex trafficking and not with scammers.

That's definitely possible. I'm suspicious based on the poster's newness and that the majority of their posts are in this conversation (after weeks of quiet). Shit-stirring trolls abound on the internet, much like scammers.

• I Agree 8

On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 AM, ScoobySleuth said:

Oh, good. Some random newbie with five posts spilling tea of dubious veracity and sassing established members.

You're gonna do great here, kid. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

I found a twitter thread discussing what this person posted but I don't know if linking it is allowed. But you all can find it via google.

1 hour ago, bubblekitty said:

I found a twitter thread discussing what this person posted but I don't know if linking it is allowed. But you all can find it via google.

Links are allowed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bubblekitty said:

Yeah but the twitter thread contains the screenshots that are not allowed so I think better to let everyone google it?

If the Twitter thread is public people will find it clicking on the link, if it isn't they won't. That's all for what our rules are concerned. We do not allow screenshots of private material. All link that aren't to illegal sites are fine.

• Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, bubblekitty said:

Did I do something wrong? I posted the link to the thread which came up with a screenshot as the link but now it's deleted?

No you did nothing wrong. And it's just hidden. I forgot that Twitter link automatically embed and the screenshots were right there embedded. My fault. I hid it while we choose what to do.

ETA @Destiny sorted it out so the link doesn't embed.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
  • Thank You 2

On 2/5/2019 at 6:03 AM, turquoise said:

Morrison =/= Garrison. Are you even talking about the same person?

You shouldn't be posting something from a private Facebook group in any case, no matter who it is.

^^^^ this. Very confused. Those aren’t the same last names. And while someone named Angel having six siblings is not that common, I’m sure, I doubt it’s unique..... 

Just checked the Go Fund Me - she’s up to $8,000. She states she’s moving back to Nebraska, with one daughter(?) , youngest son is staying with a friend for school, she has the rental house in Oregon- but needs to keep it as a rental to pay the mortgage on it, and her only income is from Disability - no idea what for. 

Sounds scammy. But, for me, she’s one of those people who always sound so scammy that if something isn’t a scam or drama - I assume it is. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

I looked at the twitter conversation, and without more evidence, I'm not convinced that A is involved with this grift. And, to be honest, there is no way to determine the age of those screenshots -- without a year, it could be last week or five years ago. And, because of the kind of person V is, five years ago A could very well have defended her. Shitty parents are bad enough, abusive parents specifically fuck with their own kids so said kids don't know which way is up. 

Like I said earlier, it's entirely possible that V is pissed that people sympathize with A and is trying to skew perceptions away from her daughter. Which, based on V's history, is entirely possible -- even if she's not doing the dirty work. 

• Upvote 6

Interesting looking at go- fund me update and her twitter and Facebook feeds. On the go-fund me, the one update that’s a quote from her uses an entirely different style than her very, very active twitter account. In the update she sounds very rushed, like it’s all she can do to take a minute to answer questions. On twitter she’s discussing quitting smoking, posting her newsletter, laughing about the divorce advice she’s received....

• Upvote 2

I think it may be someone scamming pretending to be Angel or Vykie herself doing it to get money and more attention. Whoever made it is sick to do that.

• Upvote 7