IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

29 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They went to Handel’s Messiah again. They are nothing if not predictable & consistent.  Sarah is looking for more ways to honor and glorify Steve Jesus. Given their entire lives revolve around him, and the schedule, I can't imagine they need more ways? Are they doing it wrong all year to have to get a big push at the end of the year? 

They are a family all consumed with their religion, bible, and glorifying their god. Having to do it even more...how does a family like theirs do that? And, if they need to do it more now, then they are not the perfect godly Christians they pretend to be the rest of the year. 

They make me very confused.

Thinking about all the bible time and not being idle at any point, it's exhausting. I thought my life was slightly boring, just a Sahm with 2 kids but reading their blog makes it seem like I'm at Disney Land every day. 

I'm very Evolution not creation and have no idea which religion or group is 'right' but it's quite sad that they dedicate everything in their lives to G_d. I would go crazy if I had to do everything with a set goal in mind, never doing anything because it's just plain fun, and I'd go even crazier if the bible was my life 24/7

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RidiculousFundies said:

I'd go even crazier if the bible was my life 24/7

So would I. They don’t know any other way. They think their way is the only way to live. 

More ways to praise God... than they already do.  It’s the perfect inspiration for an episode of ST TNG.  In fact, it feels vaguely familiar. 

I was thinking this weekend about their love of coffee.  I’m sure it’s been brought up... but in general - a lot of these fundies don’t drink alcohol but love coffee.  Caffeine is a drug that can be addicting... how do these folks reconcile drinking coffee, but not alcohol.  I am admittedly ignorant of the Bible, but didn’t people drink wine?  Was coffee in the Bible?  

And I realize there’s a lot of hypocrisy - I’m honestly asking if anyone knows how they reconcile it themselves. I’m genuinely curious about why people believe what they do.  

On 12/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, erunerune said:
On 12/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, PennySycamore said:

My cat is named Daisy which leads me to think of other notable Daisys.  There's Daisy Mason from Downton Abbey (my favorite character from DA), Daisy Duck, Daisy Bumstead (Dagwood and Blondie's dog), Daisy Ridley, Daisy Buchanan, Daisy Fuentes, Daisy Mae Yokum, and Daisy Duke.  

My all-time favorite...Daisy Werthan (Driving Miss Daisy).  

20 hours ago, meee said:

Okay, seriously, I know I harped on this in the last thread, but I keep coming back to Melanie being "grateful" when Nathan remembers to NOT FREAKING HURT HER UNNECESSARILY BY USING A HUGE NEEDLE INCORRECTLY and it is absolutely horrifying. So much for loving and protecting your wife. I mean seriously, where do you draw the line? Maybe she's grateful when Nathan "remembers" that she has to be on bedrest during pregnancy so she runs around doing things against doctor's orders until he (Nathan) tells her not to? Maybe when they do pizza night once a year she'd better be grateful if he "remembers" to keep toddlers away from sharp knives?

I honestly thought Nathan and Melanie were better/more normal than the rest. 

When I read it I thought it was a half-assed attempt at a joke but I dunno.

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Am I drunk again or did they name Tina after Christopher? I kinda recall something like that.

I don't remember that.

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Am I drunk again or did they name Tina after Christopher? I kinda recall something like that.

That would suck for Tina.

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Innocent visitors who try to sit on it find themselves ... with a lap full of hound. 

i can't help but think that this sounds delightful.

After the Messiah concert photo, I also believe that NR-Anna is with child, and they are pacing their baby announcements for maximum effect. 

My guesses for baby names:

Calvin (Cal) or Christian for a boy

Danielle (Dani) or Dorothy (Dotty)

I am not fully versed on Nathan Maxwell baby names. Does one of the kids have Daniel/Danielle as a middle name? I know Chris has a Daniel, but first cousins with similar names is not unheard of.

Nathan's kids are

1. Susannah Joy (deceased)
2. Abigail Hope (Abby)
3. Bethany Faith (Betsy, Bethy)
4. Christina Mercy (Tina)
5. Andrew James (Drew, Buddy)
6. Benjamin Steven (Benji, Ben)

12 hours ago, RidiculousFundies said:

I would go crazy if I had to do everything with a set goal in mind, never doing anything because it's just plain fun,

And then there are all of the extra layers that the Maxwells add, of purposing to plan to arrange to pray to schedule to do something.

I would be willing to bet that you did lots of work to meet set goals today -- no doubt, more than any Maxwell. I'm sure you are many times more useful in this world than they are, and manage to have fun, as well.

They fill time and exhaust themselves working at planning to work, talking about working, worrying whether God/Steve would find their plan worthy, feeling guilty, micromanaging, encouraging (and spying on) one another, fretting, praying, planning to blog about the work, rescheduling the post, blogging, editing the comments, etc.

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

They fill time and exhaust themselves working at planning to work, talking about working, worrying whether God/Steve would find their plan worthy, feeling guilty, micromanaging, encouraging (and spying on) one another, fretting, praying, planning to blog about the work, rescheduling the post, blogging, editing the comments, etc.

I'm exhausted from reading this.  No wonder they claim so many things in their lives are stressful.  They use up their energy supplies on overthinking!

I really hope Melanie is ok. This must be stressful for her.

i don’t usually join the name game but I was at school with a Damaris so I will go for that if it’s a girl. Biblical and D.

Damaris seems a little out there for their usual naming patterns. I think Danielle is a good bet for a girl, since their other names have been fairly standard/common (Benjamin, Abigail, Christina, Andrew). For a boy I'm willing to be that Christopher is a front-runner, and if not that, Caleb or Cameron. Calvin seems a little too funky for their taste. I could see a future NR-Anna baby by that name, though. 

10 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Their carefully crafted image is very important to them. They don't have the dog & pony show anymore so the blog is the only outlet to show the world their perfection and how everything Steve tells them to do makes them the very best Christians every to walk their god's earth. Crafting, manipulating & maintaining an image takes more work than just about anything else in life. If you just live your life, do your thing and take care of your business, you don't have to craft anything about it. You just do it. 

Steve is very insecure, in my opinion. That has guided how he raised & controls his family, and controls their image. He needs validation that he is doing the right thing. And he can't be doing the right thing if others are doing differently but not being smited by some god. People have to agree with him, praise him and exalt him in order for him to feel worthy. 

That is an exhausting, stressful way to exist. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Damaris seems a little out there for their usual naming patterns. I think Danielle is a good bet for a girl, since their other names have been fairly standard/common (Benjamin, Abigail, Christina, Andrew). For a boy I'm willing to be that Christopher is a front-runner, and if not that, Caleb or Cameron. Calvin seems a little too funky for their taste. I could see a future NR-Anna baby by that name, though. 

Nah, if they couldn't handle another Anna marrying into the family without changing her name there's no way they'd use Christopher when that's already Nathan's brother's name.

The new baby cannot be named Christian of Christopher or Dinah. They already have a Christina, nicknamed Tina, and they use different names for each of their kids. Which makes me think how weird it is to name your kids Joshua and Joshia, or Joy-Anna and Johanna. Hey Duggars, even Maxwells are better than you in naming blessings.

My bet is:

Girl- Destiny Grace 

Boy- Charles -and middle name after Melanie's father

17 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Nathan's kids are

1. Susannah Joy (deceased)
2. Abigail Hope (Abby)
3. Bethany Faith (Betsy, Bethy)
4. Christina Mercy (Tina)
5. Andrew James (Drew, Buddy)
6. Benjamin Steven (Benji, Ben)

Maybe they'll really stick with the pattern and use a C name regardless of the sex? Caleb or Claudia maybe? I know we hope for boys in this cult, but they so clearly want it to be a boy that I kind of hope it's a girl. [emoji48] Also, Melanie looks fantastic. I do hope everything goes smoothly.

13 hours ago, thoughtful said:

And then there are all of the extra layers that the Maxwells add, of purposing to plan to arrange to pray to schedule to do something.

I would be willing to bet that you did lots of work to meet set goals today -- no doubt, more than any Maxwell. I'm sure you are many times more useful in this world than they are, and manage to have fun, as well.

This.

One thing that irks more than anything about the Maxwell blog posts is their tendency to blog about their intention to blog about something. 

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Doris? I don’t like it but there is a trend toward older names that were MOL ignored by parents of  baby boomers and ami gvthe booners themselves.  First one that comes to mind is the HGTV couple naming their daughter Helen. 

ETA:  oo! oo! I just read their Messiah post and I have an idea for how to further glorify G-d!  Show photos of your smiling faces and then more photos of yourselves!!!

BEC moment about life in general & not just the Maxwells:  why in 2018 don’t women’s coats have pockets sufficient to hold IDs, phone, Kleenex, chapstick & keys?  NRAnna has that behemoth hanging off her shoulder, why? She & Pris don’t have the kids along, so she doesn’t need probably 7/8ths of the contents of that thing!

Just one more thing with which to burden Teh Little Wimmenz.

OK, personal rant over. 

18 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I have no set schedule because things change daily, an emergency, unexpected trip somewhere etc. With no schedule, today I accomplished 

-wake up at 6:10 and feed array of pets including marmosets, chickens, dogs and a tortoise

- cleaning the chicken coop and raking the backyard

-trimming edges of all the lawns in the my property 

-raking and turning all beddings

-cleaned house, did a load of laundry, took care of 2 kids under 5 on my own, cooking, baths etc

-had to take said unexpected trip to a friend to drop something off, 45 mins each way, again with both kids alone

-packed all kitchen items for a holiday trip in 5 days

Its ridiculous to schedule, and all for G_d. I get more done in an hour with no schedule than they do in a day

ETA went to the grocery store and pharmacy also, again and constantly with my 2 kids 

The only set schedule I have is for work/schooland even that changes due to things that need to be done at work (staying late/leaving early) because in the real world life throws curves to when you can leave work most days, with school I’m doing some online courses and I have to schedule that in, but with a dog and a fiancée I don’t really “schedule” anything. It’s more like “hey, when are you free to grab a drink or dinner” to my friends and family. Life is boring if there’s no spontaneity. 

I've secretly always loved the name Damaris and I hope no fundies ever use it. Especially because she was an educated woman in the bible. Gasp! Very un-fundie-like. 

@thoughtful,  I think you're spot on about Merrily We Live and My Man Godfrey making a great double feature!  We need to suggest that to TCM and that's another reason that I need to join Backlot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived