IGNORED

Maxwell 27: Increasing the Clan

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

My cat is named Daisy which leads me to think of other notable Daisys.  There's Daisy Mason from Downton Abbey (my favorite character from DA), Daisy Duck, Daisy Bumstead (Dagwood and Blondie's dog), Daisy Ridley, Daisy Buchanan, Daisy Fuentes, Daisy Mae Yokum, and Daisy Duke.  

Daisy Miller!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

That reminds me of the two (probably apocryphal) greyhounds:  "Getoffthecouch" and "Youtoo."  :D

My dog thought her name was “Goddamnittippy.”

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think Dorothy makes more sense than Deborah. They don't necessarily use biblical names--Bethany and Christina aren't actually biblical, just religion-inspired--and they also like nicknames (Abby, Betsy, Tina), so Dora or Dori would fit right in with that. in a way that I feel like Debbie wouldn't. 

Also, did anyone see the comment on the announcement post, from the reader who is about to have her 9th c-section. Wow.

Two of my former cats had to think that their names were "Damn it cat!" and "Get down!"

46 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Two of my former cats had to think that their names were "Damn it cat!" and "Get down!"

I wouldn't be surprised if my dog thought her name was "nein" (no) or "Schatzi" (my lovely)

2 hours ago, meee said:

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think Dorothy makes more sense than Deborah. They don't necessarily use biblical names--Bethany and Christina aren't actually biblical, just religion-inspired--and they also like nicknames (Abby, Betsy, Tina), so Dora or Dori would fit right in with that. in a way that I feel like Debbie wouldn't. 

Also, did anyone see the comment on the announcement post, from the reader who is about to have her 9th c-section. Wow.

Bethany is in the Bible, even if it is a place, though your point does stand about Christina. 

I think Debbie would fit, but Dori or Dora would too. 

I think Caleb is really like for a boy, but its more up in the air for a girl. If they do a D name, probably Deborah or Dorothy. If they do a C name, I have no idea, but maybe Chloe or Claudia. They didn't go with either of those names the first time they were choosing a C name, so they might not like either. 

13 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Bethany is in the Bible, even if it is a place, though your point does stand about Christina. 

I think Debbie would fit, but Dori or Dora would too. 

I think Caleb is really like for a boy, but its more up in the air for a girl. If they do a D name, probably Deborah or Dorothy. If they do a C name, I have no idea, but maybe Chloe or Claudia. They didn't go with either of those names the first time they were choosing a C name, so they might not like either. 

That's my point, Bethany isn't a biblical name--as in the name of a person in the bible--it's just religion/biblically inspired. 

8 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I’m lucky enough to have an 8 year old niece and a 6 year old nephew and I’ve read to them at bed time since they were born. Apart from a few Enid Blyton books where I’ve quickly edited bits, due to changing times, I’ve never come across a book I deem inappropriate. Of course we don’t expect Teri to read in her 15 min monthly scheduled Reading Time “Topsy and Tim Have Two Dads” but for fucks sake most children’s  books have a moral tone to them.

oh shit I forgot the Row row the boat saga.....

Anybody read the Sweet Pickles series?  I loved them!

On 12/14/2018 at 6:26 PM, Palimpsest said:

That reminds me of the two (probably apocryphal) greyhounds:  "Getoffthecouch" and "Youtoo."  :D

Who would ever tell a greyhound to get off of the couch?
The Great Danes in the movie Merrily We Live have similar names:

Marian Kilbourne: [Introducing the two Great Danes] How do you do? I'd like you to meet my dogs. This dog's name is "Get Off The Rug." His name is "You, Too!"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0030442/quotes

I know someone who wrote a story when she was 11. It was about her mother’s fight with Lupus. Kind of like a how to book to explain to a child if a mother or father has a chronic illness. I don’t remember much about her book but it way better then anything Sarah wrote & it was on a kid level. 

Okay, seriously, I know I harped on this in the last thread, but I keep coming back to Melanie being "grateful" when Nathan remembers to NOT FREAKING HURT HER UNNECESSARILY BY USING A HUGE NEEDLE INCORRECTLY and it is absolutely horrifying. So much for loving and protecting your wife. I mean seriously, where do you draw the line? Maybe she's grateful when Nathan "remembers" that she has to be on bedrest during pregnancy so she runs around doing things against doctor's orders until he (Nathan) tells her not to? Maybe when they do pizza night once a year she'd better be grateful if he "remembers" to keep toddlers away from sharp knives?

I honestly thought Nathan and Melanie were better/more normal than the rest. 

16 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Me.  Off the "good" couch, that is.  They don't need to lie on that when they have multiple cushy dog beds, and have wangled their furry selves into sole possession of the old loveseat.  Innocent visitors who try to sit on it find themselves sitting on a hound, next to hounds who try to nudge them off, or with a lap full of hound.  And the Little Guy tries to occupy "my" comfy chair every time I'm not actually sitting in it.  I'm still winning the battle of the chair.  Just.  He gets off it if I ask politely.

There are limits.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:
19 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Me.  Off the "good" couch, that is.

I was kidding, honest.

My dogs have never been allowed on the nicely upholstered chair and loveseat. And, in the days when I slept with two greyhounds and the beagle mix, tightly surrounding me, their willingly obeying "off" provided my only hope of getting out of bed!

49 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@thoughtful,  Merrily We Live is one of my favorite movies!

Makes a great double feature with My Man Godfrey, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe if it’s a girl and they are doing ABCABC they could go with Charity. We know they like virtue names.

Then how about Chastity? 

Always the Debbie Downer, Terie has to reminder a commenter on the latest books post that not all kids books are great when the commenter simply said there are a lot of great ones. 

2 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Always the Debbie Downer, Terie has to reminder a commenter on the latest books post that not all kids books are great when the commenter simply said there are a lot of great ones. 

I swear... Every post Teri makes I want to post “womp womp” at the end of it. She and Steve really have to work hard to compete for “who’s the biggest turd in the punch bowl?” award.

My baby (golden retriever) is not allowed on the couch... Unless it's just her front two paws and her back two stay on the floor. Or unless Mr Nomoxian and I are cuddling on the sofa.

It's been under a month. I'm sure by this years end, she will be allowed on both sofas but not the vibrating massage chair. And that rule will only stay strong because she will soon be too large to sprawl out on it.

They went to Handel’s Messiah again. They are nothing if not predictable & consistent.  Sarah is looking for more ways to honor and glorify Steve Jesus. Given their entire lives revolve around him, and the schedule, I can't imagine they need more ways? Are they doing it wrong all year to have to get a big push at the end of the year? 

They are a family all consumed with their religion, bible, and glorifying their god. Having to do it even more...how does a family like theirs do that? And, if they need to do it more now, then they are not the perfect godly Christians they pretend to be the rest of the year. 

They make me very confused.

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They went to Handel’s Messiah again. They are nothing if not predictable & consistent.  Sarah is looking for more ways to honor and glorify Steve Jesus. Given their entire lives revolve around him, and the schedule, I can't imagine they need more ways? Are they doing it wrong all year to have to get a big push at the end of the year? 

They are a family all consumed with their religion, bible, and glorifying their god. Having to do it even more...how does a family like theirs do that? And, if they need to do it more now, then they are not the perfect godly Christians they pretend to be the rest of the year. 

They make me very confused.

NR-Anna does look a little puffy in her pic with Prissy. I hate to join the pregnancy speculation train, but she looked it to me.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, anjulibai said:

Am I drunk again or did they name Tina after Christopher? I kinda recall something like that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived