IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

I don't send thank you cards but always call, text or visit family members to thank them. In all my years working in the fast food and catering industries I've noticed how rude a lot of people can be and adults seem to be worse than children a lot of the time. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

What’s up with that poster? She saw changed everything? That doesn’t mean anything. 

The top got cut off in JAbbie’s post. I’m pretty sure it actually says, “What she saw changed everything.” Which, according to what people here said, is utter bullshit because the woman the movie follows isn’t reliable or something.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The top got cut off in JAbbie’s post. I’m pretty sure it actually says, “What she saw changed everything.” Which, according to what people here said, is utter bullshit because the woman the movie follows isn’t reliable or something.

Thank you! What did she see? Was it Jesus?

• Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Spoiler

If I'm remembering right, she was in the room during an abortion and saw a fetus on the ultrasound trying to move away from the instruments that were being used to extract it. 

(Behind the spoiler for a potentially upsetting description involving an abortion)

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

The fetus trying to escape the vacuum.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

@Iamtheway, I believe the woman in the movie was alleged to have see seen an "actual" abortion performed after years of working at Planned Parenthood. She was "horrified" by the "carnage" she "saw" and had her come to Jesus moment.  The quotation marks are because yes there are said to be some holes in her story.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

So she’s saying that the fetus was smarter on the inside then most babies are once they are born? Because I’m pretty sure I could have aimed anything at Miniway his first few months without him trying to go anywhere ... 

(I like how I said ”most babies” just to be safe ... :pb_rollseyes:)

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

So she’s saying that the fetus was smarter on the inside then most babies are once they are born? Because I’m pretty sure I could have aimed anything at Miniway his first few months without him trying to go anywhere ... 

(I like how I said ”most babies” just to be safe ... :pb_rollseyes:)

My oldest two, had you aimed anything in their direction for the first two years, would have moved it straight to their mouths...... so yeah. I call bullshit on the evasive fetus story.

• Upvote 18

On 4/2/2019 at 10:59 AM, just_ordinary said:

Ahhhhhh Dr. Suess. After reading „Hop on Pop“ to my nephew I decided that Dr. Suess obviously hated parents and declared the books banned in my house. 

My kids played hop on pop for years, the 19 year old did it just this past weekend. We took the book literally, thankfully DH loved it.  

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I predict baby announcement by the end of April.

"Bachelor till the rapture" RIP

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

I'm torn between Jabbie and Joken being the next to announce a pregnancy. I thought Josiah and Lauren for sure would be posting and propagandizing about the Unplanned movie. Has anyone heard their "thoughts" on the movie on their social media? JinJer so far is playing it safe with social media. I haven't heard about them commenting on Unplanned.

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
add a thought
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

John looks the happiest of all the Duggars. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

On 4/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, Pecansforeveryone said:

@Iamtheway, I believe the woman in the movie was alleged to have see seen an "actual" abortion performed after years of working at Planned Parenthood. She was "horrified" by the "carnage" she "saw" and had her come to Jesus moment.  The quotation marks are because yes there are said to be some holes in her story.

I seem to remember a story similar to this when I was in Catholic school. It was probably mid 70s. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I'm torn between Jabbie and Joken being the next to announce a pregnancy. I thought Josiah and Lauren for sure would be posting and propagandizing about the Unplanned movie. Has anyone heard their "thoughts" on the movie on their social media? JinJer so far is playing it safe with social media. I haven't heard about them commenting on Unplanned.

I don't think Lauren will see this movie anytime soon, as it might upset her too much so soon after her miscarriage. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

SO JB&M, Jabbie, the Dills and Anna have posted about the Unplanned movie. I wonder any more couples will jump in or if 4 couples is enough representation for them. I read that this movie was promoted mostly by word of mouth because networks like Hallmark would not advertise for it so, I bet endorsement from people like the Duggs does go a long way in terms of promotion to people who are already pro-life. I know they are encouraging everyone to watch....Anna says just watch it and Abbie says watch it "no matter what side of the fence you are on"...

here is the thing though: I am on the pro-choice side nowhere near the fence any more and while I am always open to information that may potentially change my mind or make me think differently....I sincerely believe that watching a movie like this would only push me farther and harder towards my pro-choice beliefs. It would push me even farther from the "fence". Because most people can see from miles away that this is propaganda that's not overly concerned with facts or even good film making. I wont pay for it but I would watch it...even hoping it might present a worthwhile point of view. But I know it wont. Maybe if the fundies even just watched more movies, documentaries and films...they would be a bit more savvy to the crap production, bad writing, acting and low level sentimentality traps that are christian films.

As for SiRen seeing the movie..... I really hope they don't right now. Lauren seemed very affected by her recent public miscarriage and I just can't imagine how watching a movie like this about Planned Parenthood "murdering babies" and whatever graphic content it shows would be super healthy for her. I mean I just can't imagine what she'd get out of it other than morbid self torture. 

Another thing I find sort of weird is how different couples go to the anti-abortion movies for a date night. Like they take selfies outside the theatre and post about it and you know none of them get to the movies very often because the crap movies they can watch often don't make it to the big screen for very long or at all...so you know it's like a date night with the popcorn and snacks and getting away from the kids together....to watch this shit. I mean jeez. 

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

To be honest, I’m quite surprised that so many people would go watch a movie about abortion, full stop. 

I personally cannot watch horror movies, photos with blood, even news stories that show war scenes/mangled bodies without being severely affected. I have been known to pass out when someone gets a nosebleed. For me, imagining a miscarriage/abortion/injury of any kind is the most traumatizing thing possible, and I would never voluntarily go into a movie theater, eat popcorn, watch abortions, and consider that entertainment ?

I really don’t mean this in a negative way regarding abortion, but to me the “advertising” for this sort of movie seems a bit obsolete as I’d imagine a lot of people on any side of any fence have too weak of a stomach for this. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think it might be a while before Siren have another baby, I'm not sure either of them were emotionally mature enough to deal with what happened properly. I would also imagine watching a film about "murdered babies" isn't something she's ready for just yet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think it might be a while before Siren have another baby, I'm not sure either of them were emotionally mature enough to deal with what happened properly. I would also imagine watching a film about "murdered babies" isn't something she's ready for just yet. 

I don't think they are emotionally mature enough to decide not to...

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Yeah, I don't "want" Joshiah and Lauren to see "Unplanned" and not just because it's poorly written crap and pure propaganda. I am sure it would be traumatizing to them, especially Lauren to see an R-rated movie about "murdered" babies.  I hope they aren't pressured by the family at large to watch the movie. I truly hope they have some space to heal and get to know each other's hearts. (It's not a big hope but it's there none the less.)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Unplanned also makes the case that Planned Parenthood financially profits from abortions and that abortions are high profit comparing them to the 'fries and soda'  of the fast food industry. Abortion is essentially a money grab and PP is using non-profit status like a business model....(religious groups calling out other groups for using non-profit as a business model...if that is not the pot calling the kettle burnt-arse I don't know what is but anyway). So it's all about performing as many abortions as possible to get those paychecks.

k

But I have to ask...what was the point of making this movie if it wasn't profit? It cost 6million, made that back opening weekend, is probably gonna make a few more million. Not that much in comparison top box office money makers but good for pureflix and a 6 million dollar movie. And many critics have said, this movie is to rally the base, it is going to keep people on both sides of the issue exactly where they are really. Sure, people will talk about it, but this movie wont change minds it will just further solidify people in the positions they already have. I can't imagine the 2 writer/ producers didn't know this while making it. And they definitely are making money off it so....hmmm aren't the creators of this movie profiting off abortion?

• Upvote 20
  • Love 7

I watched the full wedding episode, and I was struck by Abbie saying she thought she’d never get married, and how as she got older, she watched her siblings marry one by one, and for her there were no prospects. It was so sad. These poor fundy girls can take no part in actively seeking a spouse. They have to sit and wait. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic