IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

You know things are slow in Duggarland when the, 'oOoOoOohHHH!! Looks like these two had SEX!!! Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, am I right?!' weirdness starts. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

You know things are slow in Duggarland when the, 'oOoOoOohHHH!! Looks like these two had SEX!!! Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, am I right?!' weirdness starts. :pb_lol:

Newlyweds had sex?? HOW SCANDALOUS!!! :pearlclutching: 

• Haha 24
  • Love 2

The "hot and sweaty" look seems to run in the Duggar family as the men age, unfortunately for them.  Josh has it.  JD has it.  Siah even has it in some photos.

It's a combination of their complexions that have a tendency to ruddiness, how their faces fill out with age, the fact that they probably have skin on the oilier side, and the fact that they all have really pronounced receding hairlines/thinning hair that starts at an early age.  Everything on it's own is likely within the normal range, but the combined effect is what we see in Josh and JD.

As someone who also has oily skin on a face that has filled out more than I would like, I feel for them.  I do more to control the shine on my skin than is necessary, and I still get that look sometimes. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Curiosity drove me to look at Pickle’s page and now I feel a little dirty. ?

Me too. That was the "embarrassing" illness the Duggars didn't want to talk about? Get a grip, Pickles. Although , I did end up visiting her page, so maybe she's not so dumb after all.

• Haha 13

30 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Me too. That was the "embarrassing" illness the Duggars didn't want to talk about? Get a grip, Pickles. Although , I did end up visiting her page, so maybe she's not so dumb after all.

Ugh, I hate to say this, but I caved too, and I actually think I understand why they’d want that particular diagnosis to stay mum. To most sane people who understand how the world actually works and where illness really comes from, it’s not a big deal. These aren’t sane and rational people, though, they’re Duggars, and that means they’re likely easily scandalized by misconceptions that have long since been debunked. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, justodd said:

Ugh, I hate to say this, but I caved too, and I actually think I understand why they’d want that particular diagnosis to stay mum. To most sane people who understand how the world actually works and where illness really comes from, it’s not a big deal. These aren’t sane and rational people, though, they’re Duggars, and that means they’re likely easily scandalized by misconceptions that have long since been debunked. 

Her most recent explanation for why the Duggars would want to keep it a secret is that they (apparently) always want to keep medical things secret because they want to make money. I really think she's just full of it and desperate for clicks.

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Is her group private now? I tried to visit to see what her B's diagnosis is but it said you had to sign up. I'm not signing up for her shit! 

Her Facebook page is still public, but the group associated with it is private. She posted the supposed diagnosis on the public page, though.

• Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Her Facebook page is still public, but the group associated with it is private. She posted the supposed diagnosis on the public page, though.

I see it now. I'm going to say it's all bullshit. Why would you be embarrassed of that? Both possible ailments are super common....maybe not as much at his age but several people were afflicted with it in my middle/high school years. 

Glad jd appears to be okay.

• Upvote 5

Pickles mentioned information from her source about JD and Abbie’s plans for the future and how we have to wait and see what happens over the next few months. Apparently if they do what Pickles’ source predicted then that automatically means the source was right about everything including JD’s alleged illness. She’s so intentionally vague. If they stay home for a few months she can say that was the plan all along, if they move she can say that was the plan. Pickles is disgusting; seems like she'll say or do anything to try to prove that she has insider info on the Duggars. 

• Upvote 10

That is the dumbest thing I have heard recently, even by Pickles standards. 

Her source is “telling the truth” if they do what they she supposedly says but Pickles doesn’t state, what is her source God? 

Well, hell I have a lot of ideas and plans and they may change tomorrow.  I may decide to take a last minute cruise in Feb. I also may get hit by a bus on my way home from work.

Sure, we can count on some things, Derick will incorrectly apply a scripture, Jill will cook with a can, Michelle will talk baby talk.

Look I saw a psychic at a bachelorette party recently  and she told me I would meet the love of my life near an animal habitat and my brother would get stuck in a foreign country. And yes, I may have taken to visiting the zoo and lingering near the monkey house and I also got a photo of his passport so I can rescue him should he randomly leave the country but..... but...

But this is dumber than that. I feel dumber for even commenting on how dumb this is. 

ETA: Folks I am only kidding about the zoo trips, it’s 20 degrees outside, no man is worth that. 

Edited by Fjrocks
Than Vs then
  • Haha 25
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Hello neighbour. I am sitting in air con, dreading going home to no air con when i live in the hottest city (on average) in Australia. FML 

Oh I am feeling for you poor friend, it is insanely hot out there and it's only 10am! Even my dogs are already refusing to go outside this morning lol. Drink lots of water and stay cool any way you can! #straya

Edited by HurricaneBells
Eta
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

For anyone who hasn't caught on, Pickles is claiming JD has strep throat and mono (which do often go hand in hand) so severe he had to be transferred from Oklahoma to Dallas to get the right medical care. :cue  eye roll:

I've had this combo, when I was 18. It was easily handled with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications via IV for a few hours to bring the swelling down in my throat and rest. Unless he had major complications with his spleen/liver there would be little need for an out of state medical transfer. And even then I suspect other normal hospitals would be capable of providing appropriate care. 

If he did get it I hope he's feeling better soon.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Pickles mentioned information from her source about JD and Abbie’s plans for the future and how we have to wait and see what happens over the next few months. Apparently if they do what Pickles’ source predicted then that automatically means the source was right about everything including JD’s alleged illness. She’s so intentionally vague. If they stay home for a few months she can say that was the plan all along, if they move she can say that was the plan. Pickles is disgusting; seems like she'll say or do anything to try to prove that she has insider info on the Duggars. 

I felt like this statement was Pickles hinting that her source told her JD and Abbie are pregnant.  That way if they announce a pregnancy in the next 6 months she can claim she “knew/reported” it first. Not that it will be all that surprising...newlywed couple, both raised in Quiverfull families who got married “late” plan to start having kids??? No way!?!? None of us would ever have predicted that!?!?!?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

I saw on another site someone claims to be related to someone who often sees the Duggars as they share some friends in common.

According to that "source", the Duggar that was in the hospital wasn't JD, and the visit was very brief, perhaps not even overnight.  The diagnosis for that person wasn't mono, but something similar, and the Duggars weren't ashamed of it, they simply didn't think it worthy of talking about because it wasn't something that serious.

I got the impression it was more like an ER visit and after getting a prescription the patient was back home before anyone thought of posting a prayer request.

End result:  If a Duggar had a recent health issue, they didn't think it warranted making a public statement about it.  I only wonder if they're aware of internet speculation and if they're annoyed or amused by it.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 6

On 12/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, FrozenSmile said:

Her source is full of crap. First of all, there would be no reason to hospitalize for the first alleged illness, and the second illness would have to get really bad for someone to be hospitalized.

I just looked it up in the Mayo Clinic website. There can be serious complications to the alleged illness, and it is possible that he suffered from a complication and thus needed to be hospitalized. 

• I Agree 1

A Google search also shows OU has a level 1 trauma center that could easily handle any complications, along several other decent medical centers in the area. So an out of state transfer would be unnecessary.  Just Pickles trying to showboat and keep herself important to her followers.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 12/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, justodd said:

say this, but I caved too, and I actually think I understand why they’d want that particular diagnosis to stay mum. To most sane people who understand 

If any of it is even true, I don’t think anyone is trying to keep it quiet.  I’m sure, like everyone, the Duggar’s experience a range of everyday illnesses — strep throat,  flu, common viruses, etc.  just because they are “public figures” they neither “owe” nor are obligated to share personal information. True they have chosen to have a public profile and share some details of their public life— but that doesn’t mean the public is entitled (as pickles seems to infer) to know every detail of their life nor Does it mean they are “hiding” things like this.  I disagree with a lot of their beliefs but this idea of pickles that they are being deceptive because they didn’t disclose some possible ailment JD has/had is ridiculous.  Same with derricks teeth. Sure-  we are all curious what that is all about but not really anyone’s business— even if he is loony

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

If any of it is even true, I don’t think anyone is trying to keep it quiet.  I’m sure, like everyone, the Duggar’s experience a range of everyday illnesses — strep throat,  flu, common viruses, etc.  just because they are “public figures” they neither “owe” nor are obligated to share personal information. True they have chosen to have a public profile and share some details of their public life— but that doesn’t mean the public is entitled (as pickles seems to infer) to know every detail of their life nor Does it mean they are “hiding” things like this.  I disagree with a lot of their beliefs but this idea of pickles that they are being deceptive because they didn’t disclose some possible ailment JD has/had is ridiculous.  Same with derricks teeth. Sure-  we are all curious what that is all about but not really anyone’s business— even if he is loony

To clarify: I don’t think they’re under obligation to share any medical information, either. I looked because the tap dancing around it was starting to get to me (I’ve never had much patience for vagueness), and I own my hypocrisy in it. That said, while I don’t think they’re in any way required to share any information they don’t want to, I could also see how the idea of one of their lot having “the kissing disease” might be something they’d be extra motivated to keep quiet about. Like I said in my last post, even though most people wouldn’t bat an eye, these are Duggars, and they’re very easily scandalized by stuff that really doesn’t matter (which makes their tendency toward brushing off more severe things all the more appalling).

• Upvote 4

On 12/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Newlyweds had sex?? HOW SCANDALOUS!!! :pearlclutching: 

Are they front hugging too? Hussies! How dare they? :P 

• Haha 14

On 12/29/2018 at 12:10 PM, Baba O'Riley said:

I just looked it up in the Mayo Clinic website. There can be serious complications to the alleged illness, and it is possible that he suffered from a complication and thus needed to be hospitalized. 

Based off what someone else posted earlier about what illnesses are being alleged, I agree with you. My husband was diagnosed with Mono a few months before we were engaged. He didn’t need to be hospitalized, but he did wind up having a mild case of Hepatitis and some jaundice because of it. I know people think it’s not a big deal and it usually isn’t, but Mono can cause some serious complications and shouldn’t just be brushed off as no big deal. Getting checked by a Doctor and watching symptoms are important, as is getting enough rest, fluids, and eating healthy foods.

I also had Mono back when I was 13 and I was sick for months. I don’t really remember what symptoms I had, but I assume it wasn’t anything more serious than fatigue because my mom thought I was faking it to get out of school (she never would have thought that if I was clearly sick - she was good about keeping us home when needed.) I had bloodwork or testing done that fall that was negative for Appendicitis and I was at that age where a lot of kids just hate school and start needing more sleep, so I don’t really blame her for not believing me. My parents took me for more bloodwork that spring and that’s when they figured out I had Mono. My mom honestly felt (and still feels) horrible even though there wasn’t much she could have done to help me feel better.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Are they front hugging too? Hussies! How dare they? :P 

We’ll know if Abbie is pregnant anytime soon! That’s how babies get made, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

We’ll know if Abbie is pregnant anytime soon! That’s how babies get made, right?

Ummm according to Now and Then "A man takes his watering can and he sprinkles it on the flower..." So I am completely ignorant! :P 

• Haha 13
  • Love 3

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Ummm according to Now and Then "A man takes his watering can and he sprinkles it on the flower..." So I am completely ignorant! :P 

I need to tell that one to my cousin’s fiancé, who taught a bunch of giggling fifth graders about pollination/how flowers make babies/stamens. You know, flower sex.

• Haha 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic