IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

I don’t know why he would want to hide it.  There’s no shame in becoming ill.   But he’s allowed privacy if that’s what he wants.  I don’t think pickles should have said anything in the first place.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Maybe something he picked up on his honeymoon-- a virus or bacterial infection that isn't found  in the U.S. His business,  and I don't really care as long as he recovers, but I can't imagine what he would be embarrassed about.  Maybe just something  that would give away the honeymoon location before the new season. 

Pickles is alarmist, invasive and rude.

Edited by VanillaBean
Typo
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Pickles also said John lived in Washington.  She stated she would reveal what she was told eventually if the Duggars come out with any info.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Gotta love all the speculation! There has indeed been a Duggar in the hospital, but it’s not JD (as far as i know - i guess it’s possible he was, toos). The fermented cucumber needs to learn how to shut up unless she knows actual facts. I will pm an admin, but am not comfortable putting any more info out there than needs to be public. 

As soon as I saw the thing about Deanna visiting I thought, "Maybe Pickles has the wrong Duggar." I don't know why, it just seemed odd for Deanna to be the one visiting JD for some reason. That said, what do I know? Also, I appreciate your reluctance to give details. It's a fine line to walk between wanting to somewhat dispel a wild rumour, and not revealing information that's too personal.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, VanillaBean said:

Maybe something he picked up on his honeymoon-- a virus or bacterial infection that isn't found  in the U.S. His business,  and I don't really care as long as he recovers, but I can't imagine what he would be embarrassed about.  Maybe just something  that would give away the honeymoon location before the new season. 

Pickles is alarmist, invasive and rude.

I was thinking something like hepatitis that he could have picked up the viral form of while traveling, but maybe they are worried that people only associate it with the STD form or something.  

• Upvote 2

This is a new level of ick even for her.  We all can't stand what these folks believe in but you rarely wish ill will on even the most vile of human beings.  And in the grand scheme of vileness even amongst the Duggar's JD is pretty low on that food chain.  I've always said you can have your shitty beliefs as long as you keep them to yourself and like minded folks and leave others to live their lives like you want us to leave you to yours.  And he seems to do just this.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

I have said something similar on the Bates thread, but will repeat it here.

I don't hold out much hope that any of the Duggars or the Bateses will significantly change their awful beliefs. Sure, one or two might be a little less conservative than the way they were raised, but I don't see any of them moving very significantly, not even into mainstream Christianity, much less becoming pro-choice or supporting LGBTQ rights. I think the best we can hope for are the ones like Joe and Kendra- the ones who still hold their awful beliefs but keep it to themselves, instead of picketing abortion clinics, stumping for very conservative candidates, or spewing their beliefs all over the Internet. By using this as my scale, I agree that John David and Abbie are towards the quieter end of the spectrum, unlike Derick and Jeremy. Slightly less toxic are the ones like Jessa and Erin Paine, who love to post cute pictures of their children and, even if they aren't actively discussing pro-fundie beliefs, still making the lifestyle look great.

• Upvote 19

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So Pickles is making a guessing game out of someone's illness? How nice.

She is disgusting. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:34 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

She's beyond pathetic. I hope she knows it.

She is a lonely, sad person. And it's always about HER.  Look at ME! I am all knowing and always right. I know more about the Duggars than they know about themselves. I am my own cult.

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/22/2018 at 8:55 PM, Kailash said:

I immediately thought of a hernia. I recall that being a vaguely embarrassing affliction from my fundie days.

If you don't mind me asking.....how come it was embarrassing? 

I had an umbilical hernia fixed 4 yrs ago. I just can't think of anything to be embarrassed about.  They happen.  How shitty you were felt that way due to fundy-ism.  I'm sorry.  : (

8 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

She is disgusting. 

She is a lonely, sad person. And it's always about HER.  Look at ME! I am all knowing and always right. I know more about the Duggars than they know about themselves. I am my own cult.

Pickles takes great pleasure from a Duggar suffering.  It's gross. I just don't wish harm on anyone like that; nevermind enjoy it. I mean, she got all excited about molestation and named the victim.  Horrible woman.  I'm happy to see her numbers go way down despite her *efforts *.  The pickled humpers are worse than she is!  

• Upvote 11

Gross. Y'all made me look at the pickle page. ?   She really is getting worse post by post.  The JD one is just pure shitty gossip and rude. Then, I saw her Caleb post where she " got some of HER old photos out".  Ummm.....yeah.  And, really, lmao at her low numbers.  Poor pickles, about 40 humpers care about her posts unless it's rude speculation about a Duggar who needs and is getting medical care., than it tripled. Gross.  I didn't read comments, I hope someone called her lame ass out. Just had to let that out.  Thanks for letting me vent. ?

• Upvote 9

Pickles said something along the lines of (paraphrasing):

"My source says JD has been hospitalized for an illness. He's in rough shape but should be okay after treatment. 

If they show up at the tin mansion for Christmas, how does John look? I won't say now what he supposedly is suffering from. Maybe the Duggars would like to explain first."

"They know the cause of the illness and I'm really sure they don't want it revealed."

"It's not the flu."

"Nope. Nope. Nope."

WHY say anything at all? It's absolutely NO ONE's business. The only thing I can think of as something as an infection that would land someone in neuro-intensive care is Guillain–Barré syndrome or Meningitis. A Lupus or Multiple Sclerosis flare up can, as well, but it's autoimmune (not an infection). I'm not sure what Pickles means by "rough shape". It's disgusting how she wants to speculate on "how does John look?" at Christmas and how she's insinuating that the Duggars need to explain. Again, it's nobody's business.

There is a reason HIPAA exists. People have a right to privacy on anything regarding their medical care. Over history, people have stigmatized and discriminated against people with disabilities and illnesses.

Pickles is always on her soapbox preaching about ethics and corruption within politics and corporations although, it's unethical for her to float this kind of rumor out there and offer it up as a "guessing game". She needs to take it down and apologize.

IF JD has been ill, I trust that he is in good hands especially with Abbie, who is a nurse. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

It's not news. I mean, here I am kinda discussing it, however,  I am not interested in his issue. I do hope he is ok though, now that I do kinda sorta know. I'm grossed out by pickled. I also saw a post snarking on the Duggars gathering for Christmas on her page.  What? Of course they are. Many of us are. What else do families do but gather at holidays? Is she jealous, has no where to go?  The level of interest in them on the daily is beyond me.  She has this craving to be a Duggar it seems. She gets privacy, they don't bother her.  They pay her no mind yet she keeps trying to call them out, as if they will bite.  Not cool. I don't like it when fundy watchers actually contact or try to contact any fundie family. It's weird. Period. Discussing them is weird enough. Lol!  

• Upvote 9

@Beermeet I don’t know for sure but I think it has something to do with hernias in the groin or around there? Sorry, I was a kid and it was never clarified as to why that topic was sort of off limits. It’s also possible there was something else they didn’t want discussed but I thought it was the hernia. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

@Beermeet - I grew up fundie-lite (and many of the churches we attended were attended by people I’d classify as full fledged fundies in retrospect). I definitely remember feeling that inguinal hernias were shameful. I can’t really pinpoint why that was but I think it related to the fact that your inguinal area was near your groin. You definitely never should think about or talk about someone’s groin because that was associated with sex and sex = bad! Especially if you were a teen girl who needed to remain pure. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Inguinal hernias can sometimes kind of make a boy or man appear to have 3 balls. For some of them it is very embarrassing  So yes, it's a groin thing.

• Thank You 1

On 12/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

Can I ask you a very weird and out of the blue question completely off topic? Has Finland ever had natural disasters any time before 1996? The reason I ask this is in my history class our teacher assigned us a project where we each picked various disasters in history in the country of our birth to research and present to the class. Since all but one was US the 1906 Earthquake, Great Chicago Fire, the Shirtwaist Factory Fire, 1888 Blizzard, Galveston hurricane, Hurricane Andrew, and various floods among others were picked. The one girl not born in US was from Finland her mother moved her to the US following divorcing her father but she kept insisting that Finland had nothing like that. No natural disasters, no big fires, floods, or anything. Is that true? The teacher didn't believe her either but ended up letting her pick the 1993 Mississippi River flooding.   I've always wondered if she was telling the truth or not.

Nope. I mean, we've had floods that have done some damage, but Finland's at a very comfortable spot. We get the last wee blows of horrible storms in Scotland that are a nuisance, but everything's fixed quick. Big forest fires are rather small when looked at globally - Finland has extremely good infrastructure around and through forests. Emergency services take basically no time at all to get to the forest, because there's roads that take them right next to where it's happening. Hell, Finland is 70% covered by forests. We take care of it. We take a fuckton of pride in it.

We know our shit. And we sure as hell ain't raking like Trump likes to say.

The only disaster I can think of was about 10 years ago when this one town basically got shit in their water due to some error in the piping and the whole town had the shits for weeks, and the armed forces were on emergency call as they had to bring water in those huge cubes non stop. Our tap water is damn near perfect, so it was a disaster. Bottled water isn't really a thing, and if it is it's mostly sold in 0,5 litre bottles. All sold out.

And even that wasn't a natural disaster.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:44 PM, lumpentheologie said:

You don't think your future husband would be okay with hyphenating his last name too? That seems like the easy solution. 

Well... the guy I'm dating right now has a very unusual and somewhat rare surname, and he's not too keen on making it any more unusual than it already is. I'm good with quirky, but I respect him not being too into going all out. I'm not saying the hyphenated name would look like a joke, I find that they roll nicely, it's just that having a rare name and to make it even rarer... not everyone's cuppa.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Nope. I mean, we've had floods that have done some damage, but Finland's at a very comfortable spot. We get the last wee blows of horrible storms in Scotland that are a nuisance, but everything's fixed quick. Big forest fires are rather small when looked at globally - Finland has extremely good infrastructure around and through forests. Emergency services take basically no time at all to get to the forest, because there's roads that take them right next to where it's happening. Hell, Finland is 70% covered by forests. We take care of it. We take a fuckton of pride in it.

We know our shit. And we sure as hell ain't raking like Trump likes to say.

The only disaster I can think of was about 10 years ago when this one town basically got shit in their water due to some error in the piping and the whole town had the shits for weeks, and the armed forces were on emergency call as they had to bring water in those huge cubes non stop. Our tap water is damn near perfect, so it was a disaster. Bottled water isn't really a thing, and if it is it's mostly sold in 0,5 litre bottles. All sold out.

And even that wasn't a natural disaster.

Well... the guy I'm dating right now has a very unusual and somewhat rare surname, and he's not too keen on making it any more unusual than it already is. I'm good with quirky, but I respect him not being too into going all out. I'm not saying the hyphenated name would look like a joke, I find that they roll nicely, it's just that having a rare name and to make it even rarer... not everyone's cuppa.

Thank you so much for answering! 

• Upvote 2

@lumpentheologie

An update to the whole hyphenating-the-name - Finnish laws are changing after new years, and it is indeed possible to give your child the hyphenated name of the other parent starting 1.1.2019! What I also learnt was that the current, soon old law mandated that only the other person can have a hyphenated name when married.. Yup. That's weird. Woohoo, Finland is finally shaking off its last bits of patriarchal naming traditions! Last huge change was in 1985 when women were finally allowed to keep their surnames after getting married. :5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

On 12/20/2018 at 5:33 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

Can I ask you a very weird and out of the blue question completely off topic? Has Finland ever had natural disasters any time before 1996? The reason I ask this is in my history class our teacher assigned us a project where we each picked various disasters in history in the country of our birth to research and present to the class. Since all but one was US the 1906 Earthquake, Great Chicago Fire, the Shirtwaist Factory Fire, 1888 Blizzard, Galveston hurricane, Hurricane Andrew, and various floods among others were picked. The one girl not born in US was from Finland her mother moved her to the US following divorcing her father but she kept insisting that Finland had nothing like that. No natural disasters, no big fires, floods, or anything. Is that true? The teacher didn't believe her either but ended up letting her pick the 1993 Mississippi River flooding.   I've always wondered if she was telling the truth or not.

I'm going to disagree with @finnlassie. While there aren't many, I think the Finnish famine of 1866-68 would count as a natural disaster. It was the last naturally caused famine in Europe (not counting those caused by war). An estimated 8.5% of the population died, in the hardest hit areas the death toll is estimated at 20%. I've read an account from a survivor who was 6-8 during the famine. She was handed a baby to watch for days while all the adults went out into the woods to gather food and all they brought back were pine boughs to eat. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_famine_of_1866–68 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I'm going to disagree with @finnlassie. While there aren't many, I think the Finnish famine of 1866-68 would count as a natural disaster. It was the last naturally caused famine in Europe (not counting those caused by war). An estimated 8.5% of the population died, in the hardest hit areas the death toll is estimated at 20%. I've read an account from a survivor who was 6-8 during the famine. She was handed a baby to watch for days while all the adults went out into the woods to gather food and all they brought back were pine boughs to eat. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_famine_of_1866–68 

Ah. Yeah, there was that. To be fair, I'm largely focused on the 20th century when it comes to thinking. Even though we are of course taught about the famine, it's not really brought up as a natural disaster.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, finnlassie said:

@lumpentheologie

An update to the whole hyphenating-the-name - Finnish laws are changing after new years, and it is indeed possible to give your child the hyphenated name of the other parent starting 1.1.2019! What I also learnt was that the current, soon old law mandated that only the other person can have a hyphenated name when married.. Yup. That's weird. Woohoo, Finland is finally shaking off its last bits of patriarchal naming traditions! Last huge change was in 1985 when women were finally allowed to keep their surnames after getting married. :5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

Interesting enough- iirc my country get rid of the option to hyphenate both names for the children a few years ago. Reason was the we got to the point were children got names incredibly long. With three or more names put together. If you gave your child a hyphenated name it was their name (singular) so when they married they could hyphenate again and so on. When you also take into account that we get some pretty long family names you can only imagine what a pain the ass it is. When your hyphenated name already has more then 25 letters combined you better didn’t marry someone with a long name if you wanted both names for your child.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic