IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

The dress appears to be an empire waist, with a fuller skirt, and she's standing at an angle half hidden by JD. I know the clothes are supposed to be modest, but she could be trying to downplay the lower half of her torso...

Abbie, welcome to the league of Schroedinger's Uteri.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 6

I don't understand why Citrus & Lemon is using ALL of these Duggars and Duggar-adjacents to promote their brand. One or two would do the trick just as well, since obviously they have mostly the exact same fan base. I can't imagine many people follow ONE Duggar, but not the others.

So why pay (at least) Jill, Jana, Joy, and Abbie, as well as hanger-ons Sierra Dominguez and Kristen the Tacos 4 Life lady (both of whose followers are all just Duggar leghumpers)? They all reach the same audience. It would make a LOT more sense to branch out to a few different influencers with their own unique follower base. Surely every Duggar follower has heard of Citrus & Lemon by now.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

I think C and L has a very green sponsorship coordinator.  Looks like they are going strictly off of number of followers vs. an actual marketing strategy.  There is definitely over saturation of the fundie set, and the Duggar girls aren’t even mentioning the name of the outfit they are wearing, much less consistently showcasing it properly.  Also, I don’t think they realize that the Duggar-following demographic is generally not able to afford their clothing.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I just did a google search for Citrus and Lemon, and I found out that they are based in Utah. With the style and modesty of their clothes plus their location, I am guessing that they are a Mormon company. There are actually a ton of Mormon clothing companies and bloggers out there. I think they like the Duggars (and the like) because they share the same modesty values and they both love any business they can run in their homes (so they can still be stay-at-home-moms).

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think C and L has a very green sponsorship coordinator.  Looks like they are going strictly off of number of followers vs. an actual marketing strategy.  There is definitely over saturation of the fundie set, and the Duggar girls aren’t even mentioning the name of the outfit they are wearing, much less consistently showcasing it properly.  Also, I don’t think they realize that the Duggar-following demographic is generally not able to afford their clothing.  

As someone who works in retail, the Duggar girls are horrible sales people -- they just talk generally about what they like about it instead of the name of the item, the price(s), material, company, its trendiness, value, etc. That being said, I find most of C&L's clothes are rather unattractive and I'd hate to have to sell (or wear!) any of it.

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Abbie was the last person I thought would join the shill club.

She probably couldn't resist all the glitter.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I wonder which First Baptist Church they go to.  There's a lot of them around where the Duggars live. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Just looked at the Citrus and Lemon web site (so I guess that's a semi-win for the Citrus and Lemon marketing team, hah). While I do think they're oversaturating (they've got multiple Duggars onboard, all with the same people following them, not to mention the fact that Jill posts like every day about this company lately)... I also see why they're trying to hit the fundie market hard. 

A lot of online-only retailers I see for this price point and below mostly only sell quite short dresses. Those dresses that are kinda on the edge of being juniors sizing, and if you're carrying around a little extra weight or if you're a little on the taller side, you can forget shopping there because even if they fit they're going to be way too short. Since the fundie modesty standards are more strict, most of them likely can't buy from these retailers because the dresses are too short. At first I thought Jana was just buying the dresses too large to make them longer but now I see this store really just sells longer length dresses. So Citrus and Lemon is extra fundie-friendly because their dresses have the same sense of style as those other online retailers without being too short. So I think a not-insignificant part of their target market is probably conservative religious young adults and teens doing the "modern modest" thing and now it makes more sense that they're all over the Duggar girls. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Ugh, maybe Boob brokered this sponsorship...it seems a bit weird that most of the adult girls are involved.

Maybe that’s why Jana is now allowed to have social media...he wants to get her into the sponsorship game. ?

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Ugh, maybe Boob brokered this sponsorship...it seems a bit weird that most of the adult girls are involved.

Maybe that’s why Jana is now allowed to have social media...he wants to get her into the sponsorship game. ?

Jana has Instagram

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Abbie was the last person I thought would join the shill club.

I expected it, her nursing career is pretty much over. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

That’s because it was not a career. It was Job. Huge difference.  Her career is being a Wife and eventually mother. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 4

When I get a post notification from one of these Duggar/Bates lately it's  like Wheel of Fortune. *Drumrooooolll* "Big Money biiiiiigggg money!" Roll that wheel...is it going to be a BABAAAY?" Nope, it's just an I love my hubby/Jill's been cooking/ buy something from Citrus and Lemon post. Bankruptcy on the wheel. Better luck with your next spin. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 14

On 4/29/2019 at 10:42 AM, Silly_Rabbit said:

I expected it, her nursing career is pretty much over. 

she dropped that the second she got engaged don't you know planning a wedding is just so hard. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

John and Abbie plus John and Campbell are celebrating their 6 month anniversaries without a pregnancy announcement today. 

But I bet both couples are expecting. 

• Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

she dropped that the second she got engaged don't you know planning a wedding is just so hard. 

Parallel universe, I tell you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

They seriously look so genuinely happy together.... I think maybe the most naturally happy looking out of all the Duggar couples we've seen. (In my opinion, of course).

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, twoandthrough said:

They seriously look so genuinely happy together.... I think maybe the most naturally happy looking out of all the Duggar couples we've seen. (In my opinion, of course).

probably because 1 they were much older when they got together so they had time to figure themselves out a bit but the big thing was most of there courting was done in OK far away from JIm Bob and Michelle and Abby's family seems like it's a bit more lenient on the courting rules. 

JD just came home one day and said this is my girlfriend. well with Kendra and Lauren I do believe JB and Michelle had a heavy hand in picking out those future DIL notice how most of the married girls have strayed slightly from the Duggar mold well all the DIL are basically Michelle, except Abby and I hope she doesn't turn into a MIchelle clone. 

• Upvote 10

When I saw the picture of John and Abbie I was like 'Oh great, here we go, another pregnancy announcement', but then I read the caption, and no, no announcement yet. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Is it me or Abby and JD always pose the same way in pictures? I feel it's Michael and Brandon all over again, with the same pose, just different background.

Not a big reason to snark really. If they think it's their good angle, I mean... there are worst things.

Just something I had noticed.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I have noticed they seem to like to take selfies where they are close together, side by side holding each other, her hand on his chest, both of them kind of open-mouthed like they're laughing.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic