IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Ais said:

Did you see the Derry Girls mural that was painted to tie in with the new series? It's a fantastic piece of work and a notable change from the political murals we're so used to. And wasn't finished two seconds before it had been photoshopped to reflect both sides of the divide lol

FB_IMG_1550492346930.jpg

Oh that's fantastic!

• I Agree 2

21 hours ago, DigDugger said:

Before John David arrived in Abbie's kitchen to surprise her, her conversation with her friends was so stilted (scripted?)  Friend: "So Abbie, how has John exceeded your expectations for a boyfriend?"  Abbie didn't hear a car pull up in the driveway?  She didn't hear the door of her house open? Hmmm.

I thought those were her sisters?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Purrl said:

I thought those were her sisters?

They were her sisters, yep. I think they were her younger twin sisters, Maggie and Carinna.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

19 hours ago, Ais said:

Did you see the Derry Girls mural that was painted to tie in with the new series? It's a fantastic piece of work and a notable change from the political murals we're so used to. And wasn't finished two seconds before it had been photoshopped to reflect both sides of the divide lol

FB_IMG_1550492346930.jpg

My favourite part of the photoshopped version is Gregory Campbell’s face on the wee English boy ?

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

John and Abbie went to Finland on their TLC honeymoon. The tlc article also acknowledged a private “warm weather” honeymoon, but it didn’t say where. I think it’s the first time that tlc has acknowledged the private mini moon. 

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/john-david-and-abbie-duggar-s-chilly-honeymoon-

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

11 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

John and Abbie went to Finland on their TLC honeymoon.

Wow! Could you (or anyone) please take a screenshot, because I'm in Finland and "This site is not available in your country".

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Wow! Could you (or anyone) please take a screenshot, because I'm in Finland and "This site is not available in your country".

This is the thumbnail

66C18BF9-C015-4F34-B9F0-4F9E7255D529.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

John and Abbie went to Finland on their TLC honeymoon. The tlc article also acknowledged a private “warm weather” honeymoon, but it didn’t say where. I think it’s the first time that tlc has acknowledged the private mini moon. 

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/john-david-and-abbie-duggar-s-chilly-honeymoon-

It would make sense. If I finally had the chance to be alone with a guy, for the first time and he is my new husband,  I would want to be as alone as possible. And I wouldn't turn down the free trip afterwards. 

• Upvote 20

Since TLC loves to put honeymooning Duggars in situations that are uncomfortable for them, am I alone in hoping they visit a sauna?

Let me clarify- I'd be okay with a couple of establishing shots outside the sauna, then JD and Abbie talking about their experiences after.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

@Audrey2 I hope they went to a sauna, but did they go naked and did TLC film it? Too Nike! I guess they ate some salmonsoup and reindeer. And probably they visited Chapel of Silence. Have you any other ideas, @finnlassie

Edited by Melinda
Typo
  • Upvote 4

I've been absent from the fundie community for a while (got some other obsession...) and when I checked Keeping Up With Fundies, my eyes literally popped when I saw the photo of them in Helsinki. I live there! Never ever had I guessed a Duggar would visit Finland. Maybe they got the idea from Jeremy since he used to play football here.

• Upvote 11

I think they brainstormed where they could go for a TLC funded honeymoon where none of the siblings have been before. I don’t think JD has been to any Scandinavian countries. Since the both like the cold, makes sense. I’d love to go to Finland, too! Glad they could do a private and warm mini moon. Wonder where they went? Florida? Hawaii? Costa Rica? 

• Upvote 8

Wow, they're just going through European countries one by one with each of the TLC honeymoons.

I'm surprised no one has done Spain or Portugal yet, those seem like obvious honeymoon choices. And I would imagine Belgium and Denmark before Finland and Austria. There's also many more parts to Italy than Rome and Venice if any of them would go back to Italy.

I would looooove to see one of these couples in Amsterdam.

Would they count Istanbul as part of Europe? That'd be true cultural shock compared to their freakouts over sparkled water and lettuce-less salads.

And then there's my bucket list destination - Iceland!

I wonder where they went on their real honeymoon. The guy owns a plane, they could go to any national park in the continental United States, and at this point I'd enjoy that more then these formulaic international honeymoons.

(Also, I don't mean to diss Finland, I've been there and loved it, but it just seems like a random TlC-picked choice)

• Upvote 7

I'm surprised no one has chosen the Caribbean for a honeymoon. (That I can think of--I may be forgetting someone....)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I’m surprised they haven’t done many countries in one go. It’s not that expensive to buy train tickets in close by cities, and you don’t need more than 3 days to enjoy a city tbh. I did Berlin-Prague-Vienna in 10 days last summer and it was super easy, Josiah and Lauren could’ve done it

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m surprised they haven’t done many countries in one go. It’s not that expensive to buy train tickets in close by cities, and you don’t need more than 3 days to enjoy a city tbh. I did Berlin-Prague-Vienna in 10 days last summer and it was super easy, Josiah and Lauren could’ve done it

Too many logistics for the crew. Plus it’s not a very long show, with all the commercials and previews.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Too many logistics for the crew. Plus it’s not a very long show, with all the commercials and previews.

Yeah, it’s annoying that they have to cater their life events in order to fit in with the show’s format. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yeah, it’s annoying that they have to cater their life events in order to fit in with the show’s format. 

I would take a free trip to just one country.....

They got their real honeymoon before it 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Hey guys John is a pilot.  Just in case someone missed that!  Very BEC of me but mention that one more time because telling us eleventy million time is not enough!  We know John!

OK taking my cranky ass outta here. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

45 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hey guys John is a pilot. 

Wait, what!? ?

Also Abbie is wearing PANTS!!11!!!11! in the photo. I saw the full shot when it was posted on another site. I can't remember if we've seen her wearing pants before but since she's a nurse I assume she wears scrubs? I haven't been following the Duggars much lately.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

Wait, what!? ?

Also Abbie is wearing PANTS!!11!!!11! in the photo. I saw the full shot when it was posted on another site. I can't remember if we've seen her wearing pants before but since she's a nurse I assume she wears scrubs? I haven't been following the Duggars much lately.

Abbie's family isn't skirts only. There have been multiple pictures taken (including with Abbie and JD on dates) that show her in pants. This is just the first time we've seen her in pants in an official way relating to TLC.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Ah ok, thank you! Like I said, I need to pay more attention to the Duggar threads. I'm trying to keep up with Jill-Rod right now and she seems to be hogging all my time on here, which I'm sure she would be thrilled to know about. LOL

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Wait, what!? ?

Btw, you can get scrub skirts. I have a couple of Pentecostal friends that wear them instead of pants.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic