IGNORED

John David and Abbie 7: Happiness Continues

Coconut Flan

On 12/25/2018 at 10:55 PM, finnlassie said:

The only disaster I can think of was about 10 years ago when this one town basically got shit in their water due to some error in the piping and the whole town had the shits for weeks, and the armed forces were on emergency call as they had to bring water in those huge cubes non stop. 

If I remember correctly, two or three older people with some medical condition died because of contaminated water they consumed.

Just the other day when I read about the latest tsunami in Indonesia, I said to Mr Lurker that I actually feel thankful to live in a country with such a dull grey climate: no taifuns, hurricanes, tornadoes (those look scary as fuck), or other extreme weather that could not be predicted a few days earlier. Finland also lies on a very old and stable place on Eurasian tectonic plate, so no volcanic activity or mentionable earthquakes. The worst nuisance from forest fires has probably been the smoke coming from fires in neighboring Russia!

I think the biggest natural threat to Finland is and will be the climate change. Since we live so high up north, we really see the change in winter already. The winters in my childhood in the 80s were white and cold, and now they have become grey, wet and warm. I actually find that really depressing, so much so that a few years ago I started to donate a little money to WWF every month to be used in projects to save the winters in the arctic. Last summer was extremely and unnaturaly warm here, around 30 C for weeks (of course, nothing compared to many places in the US and world), and that made me even more anxious - I am not suited for hot weather and that kind of summer is probably going to be a new normal in the near future. 

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

@LurkerOverThePond I think the biggest threat to most of hte world is climate change.  Our winters here in Iowa have gone from cold and white to grey and wet. We are seeing a really weird phenomenon right now in the metropolitan area we live in there is a quite literally a bulls eye on Des Moines Iowa and the surrounded metro area were there has been no snow fall this winter, while directly north, south, east & west of us have had significant snow fall. This has been happening subtly for about 10 years now, but the last 2 years it has been very pronounced where almost all snow storms, thunderstorms (any severe weather) will be lined up from north of the Minnesota boarder to south of the Missouri boarder and start traveling across the state, it will hit just west of the Des Moines metro, fall apart and then reform on the eastern boarder, leaving a dome like affect around the area. 40 miles north south east & west will get 6 to 8 inches of snow and we will see only a few flurries, or they will have severe thunderstorms and tornadoes and we will get sunny skies, it is the WEIRDEST thing, the meteorologists don't know what to make of it.  

One local meteorologist has said they are looking into what it is that could be  surrounding this very central part of north america to make it almost completely devoid of severe weather.  It 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

He looks a bit warm. That's all that I can really say about JD. :P 

He should - this is the first christmas he's enjoying adult... stuff.

• Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

I really hate that Pickles just posted JD alleged illness.  She makes me sick. Not her business to do so.  She is an awful human being.  And in one of the replies to her fangirls, she says "there are a lot of health issues they don't tell us about."  No one's damn business. I may not agree with some of the Duggar's beliefs, but they don't "owe" it to anyone to post their medical conditions.

A new low for Pickles. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 21

6 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I really hate that Pickles just posted JD alleged illness.  She makes me sick. Not her business to do so.  She is an awful human being.  And in one of the replies to her fangirls, she says "there are a lot of health issues they don't tell us about."  No one's damn business. I may not agree with some of the Duggar's beliefs, but they don't "owe" it to anyone to post their medical conditions.

A new low for Pickles. 

Totally agree, and I won't repeat it here, but it's easy enough to find for anyone who's curious as to what she's claiming. I will say that I'm completely mystified, given the alleged diagnosis, as to why on earth they would consider it embarrassing or something that they would definitely want to keep hidden, like she claimed. She's either totally deranged or completely desperate for attention, or both (I'd say both).

Edited by singsingsing
forgot a word
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I will say that I'm completely mystified, given the alleged diagnosis, as to why on earth they would consider it embarrassing or something that they would definitely want to keep hidden, like she claimed.

My guess is she's just trying to stir up controversy where none exists and more traffic to her site.  Truly an awful human being. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Her source is full of crap. First of all, there would be no reason to hospitalize for the first alleged illness, and the second illness would have to get really bad for someone to be hospitalized. Second, the hospitals in Tulsa or OKC are fully capable of handling that illness - a trip to Dallas would be completely unnecessary. 

I also love how her “fans” (because, according to her page, she’s a “public figure” *insert huge eye roll here*) consider her word gospel. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Her source is full of crap. First of all, there would be no reason to hospitalize for the first alleged illness, and the second illness would have to get really bad for someone to be hospitalized. Second, the hospitals in Tulsa or OKC are fully capable of handling that illness - a trip to Dallas would be completely unnecessary. 

I also love how her “fans” (because, according to her page, she’s a “public figure” *insert huge eye roll here*) consider her word gospel. 

I also found the thing about Dallas a bit strange. But then this whole story is kind of strange.

FrozenSmile - do you think there will be some official word from the Duggar family about who's been sick and what actually happened? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, xenobia said:

I also found the thing about Dallas a bit strange. But then this whole story is kind of strange.

FrozenSmile - do you think there will be some official word from the Duggar family about who's been sick and what actually happened? 

No idea. I will say that the person that was ill is doing much better now. 

• Upvote 11

If her 'source' is for real, I don't see why the Duggars would announce anything publicly about the illness. Again, if she's telling the truth, it sounds like he was indeed in 'rough shape' but not really in any significant danger, and what he (supposedly) had is quite common and definitely not newsworthy. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, FrozenSmile said:

No idea. I will say that the person that was ill is doing much better now. 

That's good to hear! Even though I don't agree with their fundie ideas, I don't wish anyone bad health. We'll wait and see if it's mentioned in the new season of Counting On. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

If I remember correctly, two or three older people with some medical condition died because of contaminated water they consumed.

Just the other day when I read about the latest tsunami in Indonesia, I said to Mr Lurker that I actually feel thankful to live in a country with such a dull grey climate: no taifuns, hurricanes, tornadoes (those look scary as fuck), or other extreme weather that could not be predicted a few days earlier. Finland also lies on a very old and stable place on Eurasian tectonic plate, so no volcanic activity or mentionable earthquakes. The worst nuisance from forest fires has probably been the smoke coming from fires in neighboring Russia!

I think the biggest natural threat to Finland is and will be the climate change. Since we live so high up north, we really see the change in winter already. The winters in my childhood in the 80s were white and cold, and now they have become grey, wet and warm. I actually find that really depressing, so much so that a few years ago I started to donate a little money to WWF every month to be used in projects to save the winters in the arctic. Last summer was extremely and unnaturaly warm here, around 30 C for weeks (of course, nothing compared to many places in the US and world), and that made me even more anxious - I am not suited for hot weather and that kind of summer is probably going to be a new normal in the near future. 

Ugh, the Russian smoke clouds. The air was a bit stuffy for a while. My friend almost ended up being in Thailand during the 2004 disaster, but they had to return earlier due to her mother's work and they left on the flight that left right before shit began hitting the fans. My mum had to deal with a kid at work that lost all of his family in Thailand. And honestly, natural disasters have really made me scared to even think about going to certain places. I shudder when I hear my friends are going to SEA.

I think the first time there was a Christmas without snow in my childhood (well, I was 13, but anyways) was in 2005. There was just slush, and dark (both weather wise and emotionally). And that was something totally abnormal, but it went back to normal for years. Then 2010s rolled in, and the last 4 years have been... shocking. I lived in Scotland for a while so not having snow there was normal, but I came back to Finland and just went... what? What IS this? as there just was no snow. Just ice. Ice everywhere. But no snow. Facebook just reminded me of 2014 with photos that I took, where snow was ample, it was fluffy, and it was in Espoo so very close to the sea. At least 20cm of snow. Now if I go to Espoo, it's a miracle if they even get 5cm. I currently live in the east and we have ample amounts of snow compared to a lot of Finland, but I'm moving back close to the capital area and I am going to miss that snow SO much. So much that I'm considering living further up north in the future just because of it. Then again, this winter it took ages for Lapland to get snow and that was just... tragic. Lapland heavily relies on tourism, and no snow = no tourism.

Last summer was very bad. I attended a 9-day-long scout camp in late July, and every day was at least 25°C. I personally start melting at 20°C... so, yeah. Going over 30 wasn't unusual, the average water consumed was around 4 litres per person a day not including the amount of soft drinks bought at the camp kiosks (the camp had over 5000 people in there so not your wee cosy camp by the lake). One day I didn't even go to the toilet til it was around 9PM because my task was to basically sit next to two beautiful horses for 8 hours straight, the sun hitting my spot all day. I drank around 4-5 litres. Sweated it all out.

Btw, just saw an ad for Counting on on Finnish TLC and it sort of amuses me how far behind the episodes are, haha. I get mah Duggar juice right here on FJ & tumblr! I really should watch the episodes though, especially because I'm just interested in how the subtitles look like. Hmm... at this rate how many years til we get to JD & Abbie... :think:

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

Well, I can't say that he looks like he's been ill. But they still look happy!

He looks flushed and a bit sweaty, but that could be getting over an illness or just how he happens to look when the photo was taken. It may have just been hot in the room. They do look very happy. 

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Last summer was very bad. I attended a 9-day-long scout camp in late July, and every day was at least 25°C. I personally start melting at 20°C... so, yeah. 

It will hit 42c here today... lol 

The weather is being weird everywhere which is interesting. Last week here, it was about 25c with severe thunderstorms and this week it's in the 40's and sunny. We also had a hot christmas/boxing day and it's been many years since that happened in Sydney. I should have studied weather I find it so interesting. My biggest regret!

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

It will hit 42c here today... lol 

The weather is being weird everywhere which is interesting. Last week here, it was about 25c with severe thunderstorms and this week it's in the 40's and sunny. We also had a hot christmas/boxing day and it's been many years since that happened in Sydney. I should have studied weather I find it so interesting. My biggest regret!

Hello neighbour. I am sitting in air con, dreading going home to no air con when i live in the hottest city (on average) in Australia. FML 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Here in the Las Vegas valley, we got snow flurries! Normally the mountains will get snow but down in the valley we will get some rain (maybe). It rained Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and snow flurries today. Let's hope the cold winter here doesn't mean a hotter than hell summer....

• Upvote 5

JD always looks kind of sweaty though so I don't think that photo is anything different.

I also don't see why Pickles would think the Duggars would want to hide that illness. She's such a drama queen. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Hmm. I checked further into what episodes are going to air, and seems like Finnish TLC has been catching up and they'll start showing episodes from the everyone is pregnant and having babies season, showing Jinger's birth and the trailer at least showed the Si & Kendra proposal.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

If her 'source' is for real, I don't see why the Duggars would announce anything publicly about the illness. Again, if she's telling the truth, it sounds like he was indeed in 'rough shape' but not really in any significant danger, and what he (supposedly) had is quite common and definitely not newsworthy. 

agree 100%  the whole thing is a manufactured non-news story from the beginning.  What's next? Pickles "breaking the news" that someone in the Duggar family had a hangnail?  Toothache?   The whole thing is silly.  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That smirk on Abbie’s face says, “Y’all, we’ve been gettin’ it ON!”

They do look rather...spent.   Hope their kiddos get Annie's lovely curls.

• Upvote 2

Just checked Pickles' page (the shame!) to see what it is she claims JD is basically dying of. So she's just used the fancy pathological terms for ailments that we would all recognise? If you have to resort to word salad in order to sound serious and important, you've got NOTHING compelling to say. 

(both complaints warrant sympathy, of course, and the second can be a doozy for the immune system - it's a crappy way to start married life and to spend Christmas so I hope he's getting lots of care and rest, but this is such a non story.)

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

That smirk on Abbie’s face says, “Y’all, we’ve been gettin’ it ON!”

that is probably why he looks hot and sweaty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic