IGNORED

2020: The Two Year Long Election

Cartmann99

If he's still in the office at the time of re-election the United States are irreparably broken. 

• WTF 4
  • I Agree 1

I guess she's pretending to be less anti-gay now but conversion therapy? There's already Pence.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7

You know, I’m really tired of old white guys running and winning. I voted for Bernie in the primaries last time and don’t really have anything against him, but I hope he doesn’t run again. I honestly think his hardcore supporters (Bernie Bros) will throw another massive tantrum if he doesn’t win and I just don’t even want to deal with that. 

I’m more than happy to vote for almost anyone who doesn’t have the name Trump or Pence. If Bernie (or Biden or Warren...) runs and is nominated then I’ll happily vote for them. I think I’d rather see Harris or Castro or Booker run and get the nomination though. I’m also partial to Chris Murphy of Connecticut* because he’s an outspoken critic of Trump as well as an advocate for gun control, women’s rights, healthcare reform, etc. I think I’d rather keep Murphy in the Senate for now though. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I’d like to see a Harris / Booker combination in whatever form that comes out myself. I’d also accept Harris / Warren, or Warren / Booker in whatever combination that comes out. I think all three of them would do a fantastic job.

I wouldn’t vote for Gabbard unless there was no other option and I have no strong opinions on Castro. 

Why is this even a discussion in January 2019 though? These stupid long election cycles make baby Jesus weep. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

These stupid long election cycles make baby Jesus weep. 

The dems have nothing on the presidunce though. He's been running for president since 2015.

• Upvote 4

The dems have nothing on the presidunce though. He's been running for president since 2015.

Fact. I just think the election season is too long in general. Full disclosure: I thought that when I was a republican too.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, it's mindboggling to me how long your elections are. Our election cycles are about two months, tops. And it only really ramps up about a couple of weeks before the election itself. Televised debates and such, between all the major parties (we have a shit ton of political parties, 22 took part in the last national election). Short advertisements on tv (one per party, no attacks on other parties or candidates) and party logos/slogans on billboards (no bigger than A3 size). And that's it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

We have a parliamentary election in April and most of the candidates haven't even been announced yet. The lists will be public about a month before the election.

I assume that the usual suspects will be running but not sure yet.

• Upvote 8

As she's already de facto president, it was only a matter of time. 

• WTF 7

More proof of the rot in the GOP top.

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

More proof of the rot in the GOP top.

Yeah the GOP may be many things, but they're smart enough to know to fear their base. Trump has a 90% approval rating among Republican voters, and anyone who crosses him will be primaried by a true believer. 

• Upvote 3

Beto 2020. He's able to unite most factions of the Democrats and has the same emapthetic progressivism as the Kennedys and Obama (and even Roosevelt and Lincoln). That's the kind of liberalism that wins over the masses. That's what makes a president great. 

Plus he's young and handsome. Americans like that. Kennedy Nixon debate anyone? Put him next to Trump and he'll kill it.

I'm all in favor of having more diversity, and I want a woman president, but the most important thing in 2020 is a candidate who can end Trump. That's an issue of life or death for some of us. IMO Beto stands the best chance. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

I saw something this morning from ... CNN? Político? One of those that Bernie is going to announce any day. I liked Bernie in 2016, and i voted for him in the primary, but, i really don’t want him to run again. I am in no way interested in another divisive round of Bernie bros bs in 2020. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic