IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

I am 29, got my driver's license when I was 19, but I've never owned a car. When I still lived at home I was allowed to drive my parent's car provided that I ask first and pay them gas money. I didn't really need my own car, because I could either cycle (most of my friends lived close by), take the bus for free (we have student public transportation passes which make PT free to use for students*), or, if I wanted to go to the movies for instance (my town didn't have a movie theater), ask my parents in advance if I could borrow their car for an evening. 
Right now a car would be nice as I no longer live close by my parents and brothers, but my SO is still in grad school and doesn't get paid for his internship and I'm still looking for a job, so we just don't have the money for it. And even if we could buy a cheap used car from my savings, we wouldn't have money to pay for gas, the insurance, and road taxes. 
If I want to visit my parents, I have to go by bus and by train, and it takes about an hour and 15 minutes. By car it would only be 30 minutes, and gas would be way cheaper than train and bus tickets combined. However, as I can't afford the insurance and the taxes, we have to use PT for now. Thankfully, my parents have decided that until I find a job, they pay our PT costs whenever we visit.**

As for christmas decorations: we have exactly zero. SO and I aren't religious and neither of us really care about this holiday (we also don't do presents for christmas, we have a different holiday for that), so we don't really feel like spending what little money we have on decorations. I do display the christmas cards we receive, but that's it. Last year my MIL gave us a tiny christmas tree (a real one, I tink it was about 30 cm high) with small lights in it, because she thought our house was so "bare". I get that she meant well, but to us it also kind of felt like she was underming our choice to not decorate our house (which she was aware of because we had previously explained to her that we didn't have any decorations and why we didn't want any). We don't have that tree anymore and so unless someone gifts us decorations again we have a christmas-decoration-free house.

*They are valid for 5 years. My SO is still studying, but because this is his 7th year, he no longer has access to free public transportation.
** The reason they help us out is because they know money is tight for us and that I'm actively looking for a job, and because they are able to afford it. If I would just be hanging on the couch doing nothing all day without a valid reason, they would not help out like this.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori will now find every scripture on persecution to show how godly she is and how she is teaching the "truth" as her message is being rejected by those who "do not follow God's teachings."  She is basking in all this attention.  Can't wait to see what the next viral post will be.  Women driving and the man in the passenger seat is a sin because she is "controlling" him, perhaps?  Women should do the laundry but handwash the man's underwear so it shows how she honors him by scrubbing out his skid marks with great effort?  

Bullshit, Bright Side. I know better, cause Ms. Lori said the lady on the right gots no tattoos or debt or any evil stuff! She's got the best fella!

I chuckled when I saw her stock photo show up this morning! 

Screenshot_20181213-081627.png

16 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori will now find every scripture on persecution to show how godly she is and how she is teaching the "truth" as her message is being rejected by those who "do not follow God's teachings."  She is basking in all this attention.  Can't wait to see what the next viral post will be.  Women driving and the man in the passenger seat is a sin because she is "controlling" him, perhaps?  Women should do the laundry but handwash the man's underwear so it shows how she honors him by scrubbing out his skid marks with great effort?  

I think she should elaborate on the importance of using the appropriate straw color.  This is a subject that hasn't been addressed nearly enough.  And it's so important, too!  People may laugh, but when civilized society goes completely to shit, we'll have no one to thank, but the Jezebels with blue straws.

@Koala ? Jezebels with blue straws!! 

Crap! Now I have to fit that into my description of FJ members. Okay, I'll try:

We are nothing but a bunch of Jezebel lesbian, witch crafting, job stealing, WHORES OF BABYLON who practice GOGGLE tactics, wear leggings and drink with blue straws.

And we're all going straight to hell!  

Being the proud whore of Bablyon that I am, and using whatever damn color straw is available, despite causing society to go to shit (hehehe), I drive a 2006 Mazda Miata.  What would Lori say about a working mother driving a Miata (or any roadster) and a 6-speed manual transmission at that?  

Little fam and I love decorating for Christmas.  It's not "too much work."    

Uh oh. Something may be amiss in Lori-Land. It's almost ten a.m. eastern time, and she hasn't posted today's diatribe yet. An hour late. That's not like her, especially when she's on a viral roll! :pb_eek:

Yeah, I don’t work for control or an SUV. Or “stardom” (wtaf?) or “seeming significance.”  I work because I need to survive. I like having a roof over my head and food to eat. 

I’d do my job for free, if I could, because it’s important, and I dare say that even Trey and Kyle would agree it’s important (but should be done by a man, of course, because there are so many dudes clamoring to work with kids :my_dodgy:). But bottom line is, I need money to live. 

6 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh, ffs, how stupid can these people be?!?

I suspect we haven't even scratched the surface yet. ?

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

I need money to live

Yep.  What Lori doesn't see, or refuses to see more likely, is that while most people can cut expenses to a considerable extent it is impossible to survive without income of some kind.  We need some kind of roof overhead, and clothing, since her god didn't see fit to give us fur coats like animals have, and we have to eat, or we will die.  Her 'ALL things are possible with God' BS doesn't pay for any of that.  

I think Alyssa had to fight to be able to leave. Lori says that she and Ken once had a big fight about one of the kids. In the end, she had trouble "submitting" to Ken's decision. I think it was about Alyssa leaving.

There's so many reasons this might happen. Alyssa was the oldest, a girl, the first to leave the nest. That's hard, even for normal parents. Lori would have to give up control over what Alyssa ate for dinner! She might even eat more than her portion!

Plus, Alyssa was moving across the country, would have to rent her own apartment, and basically be on her own. On top of that, Alyssa was doing something different and unconventional--I can actually understand that being scary, particularly to a control freak like Lori.

I can see it playing out like this:

Alyssa: [after many hours of arguing] I am going to Mississippi whether you like it or not!

Lori: Fine, but you can't take the car. The car stays here.

Alyssa: Fine!

After Alyssa left. . . well, Ryan and Steven were 17 and 16, and Lori sure didn't want to buy a car for them, when Alyssa's was right in the driveway. 

I notice how she always said she gave the car to the boys. Was Cassi allowed to drive? What about when the boys went off to college?

I really hate the way Lori favored the boys. It is triggering, and forces me to realize how that happened in my own family as well.

She totally favored the boys.  And, she totally profited from taking Alyssa's car (which absolutely infuriates me).  Alyssa's grandparents should have known a self-described "taker" like their daughter would never allow someone else to receive a gift that she wanted.  They should have put it in Alyssa's name the min she turned 18, and told Lori to keep her greedy mitts off.

I'm late but this is my "first vehicle" story:

My parents didn't teach me how to drive and there were no vehicles to give to my sister or me.  I got my license at 21, the same weekend I got married.   I used my in-laws '82 Bronco that later became the ex's and mine.  His dad sold it to his best friend who in turned donated it to us because we had nothing to drive.  That truck and the Mitsubishi station wagon we bought after my daughter was born were both in the ex's name.  The first vehicle I purchased was just after I left the Marines at 28, 2000 Dodge Dakota.  My dad co-signed for me and we later had drama over that.  Fast forward to 6 years ago when I traded that truck in for the 4x4 I drive now.  I did it all by myself, qualified for my own loan and never missed a payment. I've never owned or driven a new vehicle, but I am damn proud of the truck I own now.  It can pull my 5th wheel RV and hold all the fun side of the road things I tend to find ??

My ex gave our daughter her first car last year, he didn't realize she hadn't passed the driving test.  '99 Chevy Cavalier.  Decent enough car had he not moved it from a place that gets regular snow to a hot, salty climate.  It's literally rusting out from under her.  She's determined to find something newer and work to pay for it.  

That's right Lori, my jezebel daughter works.  Just like her jezebel mama and her jezebel grandmothers.  We rather enjoy having a little something of our own.

Well, if nothing else, Lori got her Christmas wish.

She is once again at the center of contention between believers.  People are making absolutely hateful comments to one another (which keeps her entertained), and absolutely NOTHING has been done to further the message of Christ.

I am an Atheist, and if I wanted (which I don't) to lead people away from Christianity, I'd simply introduce them to Lori, and tell them she was God's spokesperson.  They'd see the cruelty and hatred, and make a run for it.

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Women driving and the man in the passenger seat is a sin because she is "controlling" him, perhaps?

you might not be far off.  I do recall one post from a while back that extolled the virtues of the olden days, when men did the driving.  

https://thetransformedwife.com/confusion-over-sexual-personhood-is-epidemic-and-devastating/

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Women driving and the man in the passenger seat is a sin because she is "controlling" him, perhaps?

She used to harp on that ALL the time in ALCR.  

Real men drive, dammit.  Don't emasculate your man by driving!  

My God, when will she preach the Gospel instead of garbage?

2 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

So when my husband and I are traveling and he asks me to drive for a while, am I supposed to say no, you're a man, driving is your job? Or should I do as he asks, and let him  rest or take a nap while I drive, even though that is emasculating to him?  We have conflicting commands here!   

13 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

She used to harp on that ALL the time in ALCR.  

i'm curious to hear more!  What did she say? Was it flat out wrong for women to drive? What was the reaction by her minions?

9 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

So when my husband and I are traveling and he asks me to drive for a while, am I supposed to say no, you're a man, driving is your job? Or should I do as he asks, and let him  rest or take a nap while I drive, even though that is emasculating to him?

My husband is pretty masculine, but he prefers I do the driving. Especially highway driving on long trips (which I love to do)

23 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Fuck that noise...he makes me a nervous wreck when he drives. Thank you, no...I'll drive. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I think Alyssa had to fight to be able to leave. Lori says that she and Ken once had a big fight about one of the kids. In the end, she had trouble "submitting" to Ken's decision. I think it was about Alyssa leaving.

There's so many reasons this might happen. Alyssa was the oldest, a girl, the first to leave the nest. That's hard, even for normal parents. Lori would have to give up control over what Alyssa ate for dinner! She might even eat more than her portion!

Plus, Alyssa was moving across the country, would have to rent her own apartment, and basically be on her own. On top of that, Alyssa was doing something different and unconventional--I can actually understand that being scary, particularly to a control freak like Lori.

I also think their argument was about Alyssa leaving home but I sometimes wonder if it was the opposite of what most people think. 

I wonder if Lori was all for getting Alyssa out of the house while Ken was more protective and wanted her to stay home. Ken does actually seem to care about his kids. Lori has always seemed very jealous and resentful of Alyssa, in my opinion. I wonder if she jumped at the opportunity to let Alyssa leave and, because she wanted to be a spiteful bitch, she refused to let her have the car. We all know Ken doesn't have final say in that house so he caved in to Lori and Alyssa left. 

Just another theory to toss around. 

31 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

i'm curious to hear more!  What did she say? Was it flat out wrong for women to drive? What was the reaction by her minions?

Oh, let me assure it it was absurd. Most of the girls (I call them girls even though I call my friends "girl!", because these women have been made into infants by this theology) would go along with whatever the others were saying. And most of them said it made them feel so "loved" and so "protected" for their husbands to do the driving. 

I recall this one post where the OP had asked if she should have stopped her husband for driving way too fast with her in the car (and possibly children? I cannot recall, so I don't wanna' mess this up).  The replies were asinine. It is apparently more important that a man-boy feel "masculine" than it is that the wife and family actually arrive somewhere safely because MEN NEED ADVENTURE and DON'T YOU TAKE THAT, little wimminz, by controlling him while he's trying to drive!  Even if he's endangering the whole highway!

Ugh.  I get furious just thinking about it.  

I recall that someone said it all changes if he's driving DRUNK or under the influence. Even Lori agreed that a woman should not allow this.  She should "call the authorities".  How about taking his fucking keys?  Seems a bit easier than calling the cops to me.

In any event, the consensus at the time was that women should ride in the passenger seat most days, and men should drive most days. Because men "lead" the family. And women should not dare utter a word about his driving. No. Matter. What.

Sickening.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived