IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are populair because you can stretch this fabric out really far and it will not be feeling tight. Even though it is very ugly I actually think it is way more comfortable for the baby than normal fabric which either is too tight or it is too loose and will slide over their eyes.

Perhaps Felicity's headband is a Fundie made device to protect her precious melon from critical thinking worldly influences.

If I ever have a baby, I will use their entire infancy to indulge my love of weird hats. I'll dress my kid up like Carmen Miranda one day, then do a beer can hat the next, then a propeller beanie, then what the hell, a Kentucky Derby/Royal Ascot-style chapeau the next. I am all for putting crazy shit on babies' heads. 

I thought I was going to be all about baby hats with my kids, then they were born with gorgeous heads of hair and I didn't want to cover it up. :pb_lol: 

But to stay on topic, yes. Felicity's net bow is hideous. 2/5 pinterest fail. 

41 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

If I ever have a baby, I will use their entire infancy to indulge my love of weird hats

Unless you get a baby like me. My head was too big for any hats, much to my mother's great disappointment. :pb_lol:

58 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But to stay on topic, yes. Felicity's net bow is hideous. 2/5 pinterest fail. 

:::small voice:::  I think it's cute.

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Unless you get a baby like me. My head was too big for any hats, much to my mother's great disappointment. :pb_lol:

This is my daughter. She actually had to have a ultrasound of her brain when she was 8 months old because they were concerned about hydrocephaly. Thankfully nothing was wrong - she’s just a melon head. I ended up calling her Beverly Bighead for a while though.

For those unaware, Beverly Bighead was a character on the cartoon “Rocco’s Modern Life” and she looked like this:

E7A8D6C0-AC44-49D4-8E9B-3EB4E6583E33.png.c00a750800e5d78c5784d0694ad0e3f8.png

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

This is my daughter. She actually had to have a ultrasound of her brain when she was 8 months old because they were concerned about hydrocephaly. Thankfully nothing was wrong - she’s just a melon head. I ended up calling her Beverly Bighead for a while though.

For those unaware, Beverly Bighead was a character on the cartoon “Rocco’s Modern Life” and she looked like this:

E7A8D6C0-AC44-49D4-8E9B-3EB4E6583E33.png.c00a750800e5d78c5784d0694ad0e3f8.png

It was my middle son,too.When he was about 20 months,his pediatrician had me take him for a scan of his brain,too.It was normal,he just has a big head,like his father.I was pregnant with my third so they did not allow me to go with him.I could hear him crying all the way down the hall.The thing was: my pediatrician asked a few times if anyone had a large head or hat size..Mr Melon does.When he rode a motorcycle he had to wear an extra large helmet.

BDC1D4C1-8945-4FB0-8817-57CE93EAAF8D.thumb.png.0bf4af48b60ccab02ebdd8605eea14bb.png

Jeremy and Jinger were in at least the first part of the video on Jessa’s story. I didn’t watch past the start! 

1 hour ago, melon said:

It was my middle son,too.When he was about 20 months,his pediatrician had me take him for a scan of his brain,too.It was normal,he just has a big head,like his father.I was pregnant with my third so they did not allow me to go with him.I could hear him crying all the way down the hall.The thing was: my pediatrician asked a few times if anyone had a large head or hat size..Mr Melon does.When he rode a motorcycle he had to wear an extra large helmet.

In the Nicu whenever we admitted a patient and something  anatomical fell outside the norm, the first question the neonatologist would ask would be, “has anyone seen the parents”? Sometimes slightly outside the norm has a familial component.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

BDC1D4C1-8945-4FB0-8817-57CE93EAAF8D.thumb.png.0bf4af48b60ccab02ebdd8605eea14bb.png

Jeremy and Jinger were in at least the first part of the video on Jessa’s story. I didn’t watch past the start! 

She basically just panned around to show the stage and the people on her other side. I saw Jana, Laura, and a young girl between them and Jessa I didn’t recognize.

I don't know how people keep bows and stuff *on* their babies and toddlers! My girls loathed hats and bows and shoes, if they could reach it, it was off. 

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I don't know how people keep bows and stuff *on* their babies and toddlers! My girls loathed hats and bows and shoes, if they could reach it, it was off. 

My daughter didn’t have enough hair for bows until she was old enough to leave them in place. My GD tolerated smal bows as a baby and then refused until about age 4, which she is now. My daughter struggles mightily for the following reasons: my daughter’s hair is thick, straight and easy to manage. My GD, OTOH, has baby fine curly hair that has a mind of its own. My daughter is inclined to let her daughter’s to just be free and natural, but my GD wants all these coiffed styles that her hair just won’t hold. Yikes to it all.

17 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

A friend once told my daughter that my GD was more like a boy. Clothing was optional for a couple of years-

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My son is the same, except that he does have benign hydrocephaly. His head was huge. You don't notice it now that he's older as he's grown into it, but he was like a bobblehead for a while. His head was a bit bigger at birth but then kind of exploded on the growth curve at 3-5 months. At 1 he wore hats for 4-6 year olds. He has been followed by a pediatric neurologist every 6 months or so but it's more as the neurologist's field of interest - there aren't a lot of these kids who are actually diagnosed and followed long term. We've been told our son has exceptional intelligence, so there's really nothing of concern. My daughter has an average sized head.

6 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I'd never thought about the connection between hating bows/headbands and hating shoes in babies, toddlers and preschoolers.   My granddaughter had to wear a little headband every time she wears her cochlear processors as they hold the processors in place.  She also takes off her shoes as soon as she gets in the car.  My daughter and son-in-law know that they also need to take the processors and headband off or they'll  likely be thrown someplace in the car, too.  Those processors ain't cheap!

Wonder if he took lessons from Derick.  Now we know how they can afford their travelling.  My ex fundy HB would give me money to send to some asshat or another, yeah right, I kept it, not sorry.

Spoiler

FC1E5AEA-04D2-4C9A-AF10-4CC4CE825527.thumb.jpeg.93af88a1e74cef740548ed4d4ddf0dc3.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Wonder if he took lessons from Derick.  Now we know how they can afford their travelling.  My ex fundy HB would give me money to send to some asshat or another, yeah right, I kept it, not sorry.

Hide contents

FC1E5AEA-04D2-4C9A-AF10-4CC4CE825527.thumb.jpeg.93af88a1e74cef740548ed4d4ddf0dc3.jpeg

I hate defending him, but most churches these days offer the ability to donate/tithe online. The bigger question is how much accountability and transparency is there with church finances?

I donate on line to our church. We have a finance committee which advises the investments and day to day expenses. We also have a vestry which leads the secular part of the church and figures out how the money should be spent, such as repairs, community outreach, etc. We have checks and balances so there is no possibility of misuse. 

I don't know how a small  church like Jeremy's handles money.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't know how a small  church like Jeremy's handles money.

It varies from church to church.

My issue with all the travel is do his seemingly constant absences affect his ability to lead his flock? Does a congregation that size have a second minister?

When  is Jeremy ever leading his flock? Are people truly connecting with him? Isn’t he also in school? How does he build a base and grow the numbers if he’s never physically there? Maybe he preaches by podcast?

39 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My issue with all the travel is do his seemingly constant absences affect his ability to lead his flock? Does a congregation that size have a second minister?

When  is Jeremy ever leading his flock? Are people truly connecting with him? Isn’t he also in school? How does he build a base and grow the numbers if he’s never physically there? Maybe he preaches by podcast?

I don't know how he can be an effective pastor, he's gone more than he is there. I'd surprised if he preaches 1 sermon a month.  

On 1/18/2019 at 3:15 PM, VelociRapture said:

It could just be how they feel most comfortable holding her. My husband held our daughter like that a lot when she was young because her legs were too small to sit comfortably on his hips. Or it could just be how Felicity prefers to be held.  If she’s a very observant baby then she may like being able to watch what’s happening and this position may make that easy for her.

(I do prefer your explanation though. ?)

Allowing a child, especially a girl, to observe the world seems like something they wouldn’t allow. What if they start thinking or getting ideas?

On 1/19/2019 at 7:19 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

If I ever have a baby, I will use their entire infancy to indulge my love of weird hats. I'll dress my kid up like Carmen Miranda one day, then do a beer can hat the next, then a propeller beanie, then what the hell, a Kentucky Derby/Royal Ascot-style chapeau the next. I am all for putting crazy shit on babies' heads. 

You are officially invited over when/if I have kids. We can do a little fashion show.

Idea: Beer can hat but with baby bottles so you can have your hands free to do something else during meal time 

I really want to get my friends’ kids funny costumes. I’ve been tempted to buy a dinosaur or a bunny costume just because it would be cute. Instead of normal outfits just dress up your baby as a different animal each day.

28 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

. I’ve been tempted to buy a dinosaur or a bunny costume just because it would be cute. Instead of normal outfits just dress up your baby as a different animal each day.

I would totally do this if I had kids. Maybe the times will still come.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder why they always seem to hold Felicity out front with their hand on her bottom and another around her middle, like she is sitting up?  Just holder like a baby, even Jill gets that right, she can't seem to do anything properly. 

They are doing it for the photo-op, they want to show her off. Honestly, my husband held my son like this in all the pictures we have when he was around the same age. It was actually less awkward when taking a family picture. We got to lazy by the time we had our daughter:tw_joy:

On 1/19/2019 at 12:21 AM, adidas said:

I’ve always wondered why that style of headband is so popular, imo there are other cuter styles.

edit I searched and they’re not the cheapest style to buy:

http://www.princessbowtique.com/elegant-ivory-chiffon-rose-infant-baby-vintage-headband/

https://www.rococlothing.co.uk/pink-headband-rose-no-pic/

I actually preferred these headbands for my daughter. They are light weight and stretchy so she liked them better. I got a whole bunch of plain bands and she attaches her bows to the band, instead of her hair, because her hair is to thin to hold a big bow well and she's a diva. That being said, she's almost 4 and can chose to wear bows when and if she wants. I didn't put them on her except for special occasions when she was a baby.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived