IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

You can tell Jeremy spends wayyy to much time staging his “I’m an Intelectual” TM pictures. 

Hide contents

D948A800-E832-43C5-B25F-989E1F765BAD.thumb.jpeg.c0587a91c970c560cf099a4fe249ea76.jpeg

0E37AAB6-DBA9-45F2-B55C-82500463ACB6.thumb.jpeg.0fb33bd51c872a74a370de93cea4605f.jpeg

5D759235-2B74-4991-9AC6-DBF51ADB0530.thumb.jpeg.8326369526c1b1a324e88ed1e513e0ea.jpeg

7C4CCCBA-15E3-4C4E-9CDB-CA6044A78F07.thumb.jpeg.974a14dca1862a8c783804b0110e70ed.jpeg

Btw, the G3 conference, in which Jeremy is speaking, starts tomorrow, so they’ll be flying to Atlanta soon (as I was writing this Jeremy posted a pic on the airplane). Yet another trip. 

I can only think that Jeremy has not seen this. Bless his heart. #blessed.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That reminds me of how I was in Windsor for the royal wedding last May! 

Hide contents

Windsor, Ontario, but whatever.

I was in Essex (Ontario) 

1 hour ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Oh yeah, I always forget about college football! I guess that’s not that weird then. 

Except that Hahvahd is not exactly know for its great football teams.  You might were a Clemson sweatshirt because you like their team, but a Harvard shirt makes you think of their education.  (Unless it's something like Harvard Lacrosse or Harvard Rowing.)  ETA: JInger wearing that sweatshirt look pretentious as fuck.  

Harvard, btw, did produce some Olymplians.  Dick Button, the first American to win the Gold Medal in Men's Figure Skating (1948) went to Harvard and Harvard Law, as well.  Button was the first person to land a double axel in competition and four years later at the '52 winter games, he became the first man to land a triple - triple loop.  John Mischa Petkevich was one of our best male skaters in the early 70s (won the North American championship twice) graduated from Harvard and was a Rhodes Scholar.  I'm sure there have been others, but I'm not going to look that up right now.

@Threff, that Christian Girl Instagram video never gets old!

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm waiting for the Jeremy in a sweater vest picture, myself. The hallmark of any sophisticated intellectual.

Picture it Jeremy in a sweater vest, pipe in hand, ironic glasses at his lips, deep in thought, beside a coffee house fireplace staring longingly out Chip & Joanna styled windows. It will of course be in black & white and have a marvelously crafted quip and a bible verse. I'm sure he's planning for it now, as Jing is at home hand knitting the sweater vest.  

ETA, I forgot to add, as Jinger is at home knitting the sweater vest from wool she spun herself, from the sheep she organically raises in her picture perfect back yard.  

Back to whether or not JinJer will homefool or not...no way will Jeremy allow his children to attend ebil public school, but I don’t think they will attend SOTDRT either.  They will probably create or join a homeschool co-op, so the teaching will be done by a group of moms with a well-known Christian curriculum and a lot of edumacational outings.  I just don’t see Jinger teaching a gaggle of littles in her own, and the co-op approach would make Jeremy look good.  So we’ll see lots of ‘oh our homeschool is so much better than public school’ posts on IG.

10 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Or, like, maybe her new favorite baggy sweatshirt is the one her BIL gave her so it’s ending up in a few photos. 

No. These two don't post a single photo that isn't heavily premeditated and taken about 450 times before the perfect take is taken, at which point a filter is applied depending on whether they want said photo to reek of pseudo-intellectualism, hipsterism, crunchy-mama-ism, world travel-ism, etc.

Honestly, it really is and always had been the hypocrisy that burns me. Jeremy runs in circles that demonize evil, secular education of all kinds. They dont homeschool primarily due to academics or one-on-one attention. They homeschool while sermonizing about the evil, godless, secular school system. You don't get to bash the "evil" public school system on one hand and then wear a sweatshirt smiling smugly advertising the pinnacle of secular education on the other. No you don't get to ride the fence non-stop. That's not godliness. That's pandering. 

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Honestly, it really is and always had been the hypocrisy that burns me. Jeremy runs in circles that demonize evil, secular education of all kinds. They dont homeschool primarily due to academics or one-on-one attention. They homeschool while sermonizing about the evil, godless, secular school system. You don't get to bash the "evil" public school system on one hand and then wear a sweatshirt smiling smugly advertising the pinnacle of secular education on the other. No you don't get to ride the fence non-stop. That's not godliness. That's pandering. 

I didn't go to Harvard but I went to a law school just a couple of school rankings below that. These two couldn't get in to Harvard if their brains combined into a super brain.

Uggg...I’m so conflicted. I want all these folks to have and sustain paying jobs commensurate to their education, knowledge and skill levels, yet I do not want them treading on others’ rights or pontificating on a public stage or arena. I am happy that Jeremy works  beyond the show to support his family rather than sitting on his backside all day, every day, but I’d rather he was employed at a factory or in an isolated cubicle!

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Except that Hahvahd is not exactly know for its great football teams.  You might were a Clemson sweatshirt because you like their team, but a Harvard shirt makes you think of their education.  (Unless it's something like Harvard Lacrosse or Harvard Rowing.) .  

Hey now-- Mr. Hick has an  beloved old tshirt celebrating Harvard football and all their '90s national football championships*!

*1890, 1898, 1899...

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Uggg...I’m so conflicted. I want all these folks to have and sustain paying jobs commensurate to their education, knowledge and skill levels, yet I do not want them treading on others’ rights or pontificating on a public stage or arena. I am happy that Jeremy works  beyond the show to support his family rather than sitting on his backside all day, every day, but I’d rather he was employed at a factory or in an isolated cubicle!

To bad they can't all be more like Austin and Joe, dumb but quiet, at least on social media anyway. Austin does have a job, not sure about Joe, but he's quiet. 

6 hours ago, nst said:

you will love this. 

i have my late grandfather's pipe :D 

he died thirty years ago - and smoked for i think 70 years before he died at 80 

so I do think if my math is correct have his dna going back what a 100 years?? 

it's somewhere tucked away 

I absolutely love the smell of pipes! It reminds me of my grandpa (he was my hero....still miss him 30 years later) 

8 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Jeremy’s instagrams are a little bit in the style of a few “bookstagram” accounts that I follow. Plus most of our friends occasionally instagram what they’re reading. It feels like he’s sending out a weird bat signal to people like me that says “We’re similar!” It almost works, but I know in reality we’re not similar at all. He enjoys the aesthetic trappings of intellectualism while promoting a fundamentally anti-intellectual way of life.  

Jeremy's posts are very bookstagram (or "studyblr" I guess, if that's your thing) except he only ever reads one book.

Okay, okay, and books commenting on the one book, occasionally.

I'm the same.  If we go for the short quick route for the dog walkies, we usually do the loop around our road and the row of houses behind us. And during the summer, there is often an old guy standing outside his place on the row behind us. He is always smoking a pipe. So for this reason only he reminds me of my pappy, even though he is in no way similar. Just the smell of the pipe. I actually love the smell of it too, even though I despise the smell of cigarettes. 

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. Whenever they post super intellectual photos of Jeremy I ALWAYS end up picturing him as Ron Burgundy:

D921AFC5-60A6-4F01-9FD8-3C4C74A2F902.png.af1b469c09097c1ec08442ab42c632fc.png 

And from now on, this is what I’ll picture when I think of Jinger’s instagram:

Spoiler

Combined with this:

Spoiler

Oddly enough, I’d use that second one for almost every single Bates too. 

And this is how I picture Jill and Derick sometimes:

Spoiler

And finally, we have Jessa:

Spoiler
Spoiler

You have to actually read the caption and scroll through the photos to see why this one made me laugh. 

I hate Ivy shirts in public because it usually means one of two things

1) You actually went to an Ivy and want people to ask you about it/brag about it.

2) You didn't go to an Ivy but feel as though you should have or are in entitled to that level of privilege. 

On a third (rare) occasion it means

3) Yes, you did go to an Ivy but today is laundry day.

6 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

These two couldn't get in to Harvard if their brains combined into a super brain.

Those two couldn't get into Suffolk if their brains were combined into a super brain. 

Meh,

I visited Boston with my best friend a few years ago. It was our first roadtrip together and loved it. Visited a ton of historical places, went to Salem, drove to the beach even in the bitter cold just because we wanted too (not to mention we had  to eat fresh seafood!) AND we spent a day at Harvard. We did the guided tour of the whole campus, walked around, took tons of pics and yes visited the giftshop. She bought sweatshirts for her and her BF and I bought a mug and a t-shirt. We still wear our gear sometimes. It was a fun trip, I have great memories of it and I liked the souvenir.

I really don't bother myself if people are judging me for wearing an Ivy league shirt from a college I did not attend.

Though contrary to Jinger, I had a multitude of opportunities (college, vocational school, learning a trade, etc.) open for me thanks to my parents and I DID end up going to university. :shakehead:  I wonder if Jeremy will encourage higher education for Felicity or their other children. He did seem to have enjoyed those college years himself, especially being involved in varsity sports.

I guess they will Go to conservative Christian private schools  It won’t suit Jeremy’s image to   Have his poorly educated wife teaching them. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I guess they will Go to conservative Christian private schools  It won’t suit Jeremy’s image to   Have his poorly educated wife teaching them. 

I hope it! 

I think the main reason for Jeremy to put Felicity in a private school would be to make her wear an uniform. And taking pictures with the uniform. Daddy takes Lizzy to school. Do you see the uniform? Isn't it classy? It's an expensive school, people. We're not cheap fundies.

Felicity is the only grandduggar I can see at school, but I won't be surprised if Jinger homeschools. 

I don’t know much a Jeremy, but if he’s as smart as he thinks he is, and unless he plans on doing the actually homeschooling, I can’t imagine their kids especially any male children not going to school.

Another question I often ponder, for these young men who fancy themselves superb intellects, ( Derick, Jeremy) how are they not appalled with the Duggars’ poor education and lack of basic knowledge? They have to see it, right? Maybe Jeremy thinks he can get Jinger up to speed in the next 5 years?

Just now, SassyPants said:

I don’t know much a Jeremy, but if he’s as smart as he thinks he is, and unless he plans on doing the actually homeschooling, I can’t imagine their kids especially any male children not going to school.

Another question I often ponder, for these young men who fancy themselves superb intellects, ( Derick, Jeremy) how are they not appalled with the Duggars’ poor education and lack of basic knowledge? They have to see it, right? Maybe Jeremy thinks he can get Jinger up to speed in the next 5 years?

i think they want to mold the woman into what they want because these men are twisted and have been brought up that way to think to a degree..at least what with cathy and the wooden spoon and jeremy just trying to be something he isn't endlessly 

On 1/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, tabitha2 said:

If they have a special interest in something along with a natural talent and the will to work hard to get be really good at that thing  anything is possible. Lack of Education does not mean  no intelligence, perseverance or aptitude. 

I think that's the 1 in a million, "feel good story" scenario: someone who comes from a messed up/lack of education background but has the talent, works hard, etc. and gets ahead. Hundreds of studies out there have demonstrated that the lack of exposure to intellectual stimulation as a child, and parents who are not capable or interested in educating or providing access to education to their children (SOTDRT= not education) put these children and later adults at an enormous disadvantage. But this is common sense too. This disadvantage is translated in lack of career opportunities, lower income potential, and so forth. I just read something I think on The Economist about the very topic. I can google if needed, it was a very interesting piece. 

2 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I think that's the 1 in a million, "feel good story" scenario: someone who comes from a messed up/lack of education background but has the talent, works hard, etc. and gets ahead. Hundreds of studies out there have demonstrated that the lack of exposure to intellectual stimulation as a child, and parents who are not capable or interested in educating or providing access to education to their children (SOTDRT= not education) put these children and later adults at an enormous disadvantage. But this is common sense too. This disadvantage is translated in lack of career opportunities, lower income potential, and so forth. I just read something I think on The Economist about the very topic. I can google if needed, it was a very interesting piece. 

And the Duggars have even more obstacles because: they haven’t seen many adults busting hump, on a real world schedule for decades on end. They don’t believe in working outside the home. They feel you can show up hours late for scheduled events. They don’t believe that women should work ( how they mind screw themselves into thinking that the girls haven’t worked or continue to work on the TV show is interesting). Sooooooooooooo many obstacles that would have to be overcome that I think true success would be nearly impossible without breaking away from the lifestyle.

When the Duggars and associates speak of how home-schooled children have opportunities, go to college, excel, etc, I'm sure they know some people that have turned out that way. The home schoolers in my area (next door to Arkansas) are usually from families with 1-3 kids, and some of them DO excel. But when a mom, no matter how educated or intelligent, has eleventy kids to 'educate' at the same time... it just can't bode well.

My former profession was in testing, and in my years of experience most home-schoolers test above average in reading comprehension, but significantly below average in mathematics. And that's in families with 1-3 kids, usually. Those kids can go on and excel in something, but their opportunities for employment will be limited to jobs that don't require good math skills or the brain power that is involved in learning and using good math skills.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived