IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

The income from sponsored social media posts is ridiculous. I doublt times are tough, but I can completely understand why you wouldn't turn down a few thousand dollars to promote something if you had the opportunity too. 

I can guarantee the income would be higher than any job they'd be doing with their education and backgrounds.

By ridiculous, do you mean the income is high? I never really thought you could make a lot of money by occasionally promoting a brand on SM and offering discount codes. Then again, I guess it would depend on the brand and the poster’s popularity. (I’ve never done it so I’m genuinely curious how much income it might bring in!) 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

By ridiculous, do you mean the income is high? I never really thought you could make a lot of money by occasionally promoting a brand on SM and offering discount codes. Then again, I guess it would depend on the brand and the poster’s popularity. (I’ve never done it so I’m genuinely curious how much income it might bring in!) 

Yes! Sorry I always forget the tone of my voice in my head doesn't come across when I type haha.

If you've got time to spare, look up Pretty Pastel Please on YouTube and her videos about sponsored social media posts and people being paid to post negative reviews. They're kind of long but she's very open about things like how much some people stand to make from otherwise very deceptive practices. If you search her name and "influencer", her videos from about 4 months ago come up.

Wow, the brooding black and white photos on Jinger’s insta are almost reaching Fundie Zoolander levels of teenagery hamminess. Almost.

45 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Wow, the brooding black and white photos on Jinger’s insta are almost reaching Fundie Zoolander levels of teenagery hamminess. Almost.

OMG right??!! Reminds me of my 11th grade photography class. I took endless photos of my boyfriend. Look serious. Look over there at that tree. Look at me and laugh. Look like you are deep in thought. My poor photography teacher. ?? And of course they were all in black and white. ?

Am I the only snoop? I noticed she had like 9 tabs open on her laptop and I was like.. pausing her insta-story and squinting  to see if Free Jinger was up.   ?

Whole30 sent me an email promoting Thrive Market. Is it really an MLM, or just an online healthy foods store that wants Instagram influencers to promote it?

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Whole30 sent me an email promoting Thrive Market. Is it really an MLM, or just an online healthy foods store that wants Instagram influencers to promote it?

I don’t think it’s a MLM - you can buy direct from their website, and they have a lot of perishable stuff that wouldn’t work with the MLM at-home inventory model. They also sell wine!

Yeah, I actually don't think Thrive Market is an MLM, but it is still strange. Thrive is an MLM... I have a few friends who shill that stuff, and it seems awful... they're pushy as hell and completely different people than they were before they starting selling their souls the products. The names are definitely confusing. 

It's not just these fundie girls.  As a Big Brother (US) fan I can tell you if contestants aren't already on Instagram and 'influencers' most of them come out and become them complete with sponsored content (labeled and unlabeled).  

Jinger, Joy, and Alyssa Bates were all shilling crap on Instagram last night. It's an epidemic. 

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I belong to it.You pay a yearly fee,but it's an online healthy food store.They have some good deals,sometimes.But,also,I have found that some of their prices are comparable to EarthFare,a healthy food store very close to me.

She made a big point about how she has no health food stores near her home in Laredo.       You know Jinger if your parents had just let you go to a big city and followed your OWN dreams you have health food stores galore. 

I wonder if people are confusing Thieves which is an essential oil MLM versus Thrive which is just an organic food subscription. 

For Thou hast called Thy (not so) humble servant Jeremy from the soccer bench to preach Thy word.

? 

17 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG right??!! Reminds me of my 11th grade photography class. I took endless photos of my boyfriend. Look serious. Look over there at that tree. Look at me and laugh. Look like you are deep in thought. My poor photography teacher. ?? And of course they were all in black and white. ?

People were ripping her photography ‘skills’ apart on reddit after that picture was posted. It was kind of mean (especially compared to FJ) but I had to agree that her skills are totally middle school, automatic-settings level for shooting and editing ?‍♀️

6 hours ago, twoandthrough said:

Yeah, I actually don't think Thrive Market is an MLM, but it is still strange. Thrive is an MLM... I have a few friends who shill that stuff, and it seems awful... they're pushy as hell and completely different people than they were before they starting selling their souls the products. The names are definitely confusing. 

I know it’s not the same thing, but I use mlm as a catch-all term for anything influencers are schilling... either way the products (lifestyles?) always seem scammy to me no matter what!

Does anyone really expect that these folks would  be experts or even above average  at anything given that their father has voiced his disagreement with formal education beyond the Bible? Duggar and pilot makes be shudder, quite frankly. Christian and Stephanie Nielson, anyone?

If they have a special interest in something along with a natural talent and the will to work hard to get be really good at that thing  anything is possible. Lack of Education does not mean  no intelligence, perseverance or aptitude. 

4 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I wonder if people are confusing Thieves which is an essential oil MLM versus Thrive which is just an organic food subscription. 

No, there is a MLM called Thrive, or at least has a product called Thrive.  It is all about wearing some little patch to curb your hunger.  I think there are shakes too.

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

If they have a special interest in something along with a natural talent and the will to work hard to get be really good at that thing  anything is possible. Lack of Education does not mean  no intelligence, perseverance or aptitude. 

In terms of working really hard to attain a goal...this is going to be extremely difficult for the 2nd generation Duggars. They were isolated away during critical developmental years with only their parents as role models. Other adults were not prevalent in their lives, individual thinking and goal setting was discouraged, education was discounted and books beyond the Bible were forbidden. There was zero individual skills encouragement or honing. It was group think and isolation with JB and M, who after their kids were born, seemed to be marching to the beat of their own drum and on Duggar Time. The kids actually thought "Duggar Time" was funny. There is no school or workplace that runs on Duggar Time. Few people get ahead all on their own, especially when they've never done anything "alone" during critical junctures in their lives.

I think perseverance and aptitude are foreign concepts in Duggarville.

I know this was mentioned on the JROD thread. My favorite miner is Laura Jo hawking mlm on You Tube. She is hilarious!

Social media promotions often offer big paychecks for very little work. If you look up what the going rates are, they’re often in the thousands for a single post and the tens of thousands for a post by someone with a large following. Actual stars like the Kardashians can net in the millions for a single post. 

Thats why so many people do it. It’s a good offer that’s really hard to turn down. However, public personalities likes the Duggars and the Bates should be heavily criticized for promoting themselves as morally upright folks while  selling out their integrity on social media for an easy paycheck. 

I don't really mind the occasional sponsored post if it's made clear that it's sponsored. If I like your content and want to support you, I'll sit through ads for snack delivery services, mattresses, home security systems, underwear, whatever. But cut the b.s. and just own it. I can respect agreeing to do ads because you want the paycheque. I don't respect pretending it's not an ad.

I'm beginning to hate them both based almost entirely on their insipid, fake Instagram posts. They are so stylized and manufactured and vain. I actually find them both far more irritating that the Dillards. The Dillards are two idiots, you sort of roll your eyes anytime they do anything, but at least they don't present a fake front like these two.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived