Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We have the exact same color eyes!

Nice! Eye twins! *High five!*

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kids are the ones with the electric blue eyes a couple of pages back. We were surprised because I have brown eyes and my husband has dark green eyes. My son was born with blue eyes, not the dark blue-grey that most caucasian babies have, but a clear, though dark-ish blue. My MIL right away said, this one will be blue eyed and by 2 months of age it was pretty obvious. He's older now and his eyes have stayed the same. My daughter was born with the super dark blue eyes, but she was a preemie so I'm not sure how much that influenced the color. Her eyes are actually a bit more electric blue than my son's now but it took her a good 3-4 months to become obvious. We get stopped on the street, shopping, pretty much everywhere and people comment on their eyes. I thought about putting them in baby/toddler modelling just for that but my DH is dead set against it and most of the jobs are during the day and we both work so it wouldn't have been practical anyway.

Was this discussed?  (I got lost in the eye color - mine are brown- but after someone called them "bedroom eyes" I'm okay with it) anyway, because I'm a Luddite that doesn't have IG, this is how you have a personal birthday message parent Duggars.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.20.23 PM.png

I am the only one of my sibling with brown eyes. I have my dad's eyes. The exact same. I look a lot like my Mom, except for the eyes. And everyone who meets my father and me together notices it. My mom always called me (and still does sometimes) ''my beautiful brown eyes''. So it never felt like something boring or negative to me.

It is so stupid to have a stigma on brown eyes being supposedly ''boring''. Yes it is more common, but for me beauty is in the sparkle you see in the eye of another person, not the color.

Just now, Vivi_music said:

I have my dad's eyes. The exact same. I look a lot like my Mom, except for the eyes.

You're the opposite of Harry Potter!

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

You're the opposite of Harry Potter!

I know actually! Hahaha! One of my friend told me that once after meeting my dad. :pb_lol:

Dark brown eyes here. I tell folks they're my bullshit meter and yes, I'm full! Dark brown eyes, dark brown hair with red highlights (natural), I used to have freckles across my nose, they've left town now. Boring as hell, non-descript looks. 

I used to dislike my overall color palette, but then I started historical reenactment and a lovely woman told me I had perfect looks for the 1840s - dark brown eyes and dark brown/black hair makes the skin look paler, which they were all about. Later, blonde hair and blue eyes became more ideal, but dark hair and dark eyes was the trend for the first half of the 19th century. So now I'm quite partial to it.

So if any of y'all think of yourself as boring or basic, you would have probably been envied for your looks at some point in history!

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

I used to dislike my overall color palette, but then I started historical reenactment and a lovely woman told me I had perfect looks for the 1840s - dark brown eyes and dark brown/black hair makes the skin look paler, which they were all about. Later, blonde hair and blue eyes became more ideal, but dark hair and dark eyes was the trend for the first half of the 19th century. So now I'm quite partial to it.

So if any of y'all think of yourself as boring or basic, you would have probably been envied for your looks at some point in history!

Dark brown hair and very dark (almost black) brown eyes were also quite idealized in the middle ages.

My husband has very dark (almost black) hair and light brown eyes. He’s always had darker coloring, even asa baby. I have light brown hair and brownish green eyes - I guess they’re hazel with more of a green base? I actually had blue eyes and blonde hair up until Elementary School when they started to darken to their current colors. Our daughter was born with super dark hair and those dark blue eyes most Caucasian babies have. She’s two now and her hair color is now closer to my color. Her eyes have also changed so they’re closer to the color mine are. 

Its kind of funny that she is such a mix of me and my husband. My husband has a lot of dominant features and we don’t look alike, so we kind of thought she’d be his tiny clone. I used to joke about how I’d be happy if she got just one freckle from me. But she really does look a lot like both of us - if she changes her expression a bit she goes from looking just like me to looking just like her dad. 

16 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Was this discussed?  (I got lost in the eye color - mine are brown- but after someone called them "bedroom eyes" I'm okay with it) anyway, because I'm a Luddite that doesn't have IG, this is how you have a personal birthday message parent Duggars.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.20.23 PM.png

Yeah it’s a more personal message than their parents would write, but can we talk about the blatant abuse of emojis? ?

My son has iris transillumination associated with his ocular albinism... Now, don't ask me what it means, but the result is beautiful stripes/speckles of near white amongst blue. It looks like a swimming pool in summer. They don't work properly, but they look lovely!

My daughter has exactly the same hazel eyes as others on here... FJ is pretty hazel/green heavy considering it is quite a rare colour! My daughter inherited hers from her father's side, but getting darker with each generation despite constant intermarriage with blue eyers. I love her dark eyes!

I love this stuff. 

I have dark brown hair and blue eyes, my family's ancestry is mostly Scottish and French. My husband's family is Chinese and he has black hair and golden brown eyes.

My daughter's eyes were black when she was born, and at two years they're pretty much the exact same color as my husband's.

My four month old son, much to our surprise, was born with sky blue eyes. They're now a grayish blue like mine. It will be interesting to see if they stay this way, being half Asian.

My daughter has dark brown, wavy hair like me. It's too early to tell with my son. It was kind of auburn at first, but it's getting darker.   

Jinger is promoting  Thrivemarket.com in her instagram story. I don’t know exactly what it is? Is it an MLM like what Joy is promoting? I know the one Joy is promoting is Optavia.

I hope the rest of the Duggar women don’t follow on this trend. Their IG’s are about to get annoying as hell. 

Hazel eyes here.  And a couple of years ago in poking about google and trying to figure out if my eyes were green or hazel encountered the term Central Heterochromia  (where the color changes from the pupil to the edge of the iris) (different than complete heterochromia or sectional heterochromia.

I think my father's eyes were  brownish (I don't remember) and my mothers are  a blue-green.  My sister has flat out blue eyes with a dark blue rim.  

Spoiler

2043288689_2014-06-2211_39_55.jpg.bc61f65d793af13e9a2179353a518fe8.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Someone tell Jinger promoting an MLM would ruin her polished Instagram aesthetic. It looks desperate. 

Can someone else PLEASE inform her that if she posts sponsored content she needs to label it appropriately*? And can someone also tell this to Josie Balka? And remind Alyssa Webster too, since she seems to forget constantly? 

*If this was sponsored content. I didnt listen and didn’t see a code (ie. use code “Jinger30” to save 30% on your first order!), but it had the look of sponsored content.

I have hazel eyes and I don't think they're particularly rare. I always thought golden brown was the nicest eye color but keep dating blue eyed guys!

Definitely seemed sponsored, if it was just a normal “I enjoy this product and wanna share” unsponsored PSA it wouldn’t have been like three clicks in her Insta story. 

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Definitely sponsored:

Hide contents

F8FC7EA1-82FE-4E59-84FD-55807E2BA7B2.thumb.png.9a5bb544c3f168a74492c1c2f8f190ae.png

C8F9EF8C-7ED5-40B9-8248-62E12715C4D7.thumb.jpeg.9fbed13dddcdef504bb4d6b5d11e3885.jpeg

I hate how much of what these girls do is sponsored now, however, I was slightly impressed that Jinger actually was informative in her description (minus the not divulging it was a sponsored post). Most of the time it feels like a half-assed hurried mess from these ladies.

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Definitely sponsored:

Hide contents

F8FC7EA1-82FE-4E59-84FD-55807E2BA7B2.thumb.png.9a5bb544c3f168a74492c1c2f8f190ae.png

C8F9EF8C-7ED5-40B9-8248-62E12715C4D7.thumb.jpeg.9fbed13dddcdef504bb4d6b5d11e3885.jpeg

Seriously... if you judge by these Fundies then you’d think it’s fucking rocket science to label sponsored content. I’m pretty sure Jill Dillard is the only one who at least tries to label her sponsored content properly on a regular basis, which is sad because its Jill and she just sucks at social media so bad.  

Are times tough for the Duggar girls right now? Why are Jinger and Joy both suddenly hawking mlm (although I guess at least Jinger’s isn’t some sketchy weight loss product)? Why don’t they suck it up and get real jobs????? (That’s a rhetorical question but sighhh.)

1 minute ago, brusselsgriffon said:

Are times tough for the Duggar girls right now? Why are Jinger and Joy both suddenly hawking mlm (although I guess at least Jinger’s isn’t some sketchy weight loss product)? Why don’t they suck it up and get real jobs????? (That’s a rhetorical question but sighhh.)

More Duggars to support + stagnant income = Girls need a side hustle.

I’ve noticed a whole lot of christian/religious SAHMs doing either ads or MLM. I guess it’s an easy way to make money while still adhering to the expectations of them staying home with the kids. Lori Alexander (puke) says it’s okay to work from home. I guess it’s all fun and games until one of them gets seriously scamed. 

Also, do you guys think Joy is getting payed for her promo? It seems like her “health coach” is the one who is directly involved with the MLM and she’s shouting her out since she has a bigger platform. But maybe she’s giving her some sort of commission?

13 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

The income from sponsored social media posts is ridiculous. I doublt times are tough, but I can completely understand why you wouldn't turn down a few thousand dollars to promote something if you had the opportunity too. 

I can guarantee the income would be higher than any job they'd be doing with their education and backgrounds.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived