IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Wow guys- these are seriously beautiful eyes here.

My eyes are a blue. But not some pretty intense blue. They mostly look greyish. Depending on the light the blue is more intense and in some rare light conditions they look green. Absolutely not as spectacular as the two pictures here. My baby shows already little brown spots but now I will kind of secretly wish they turn out similar as those two examples. 

My sister has eyes similar to yours. And I think the color is gorgeous.?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to get better with clipping bits out of photos (what apps do y'all use?)... in any case, I've got blue eyes, hubby's are green, we've got one kid with blue eyes, one with green (but his were clearly blue for at least for 5-6 months) and then our oldest's eyes are hard to say... I think teal maybe or turquoise... that's why I want to clip to show you... and again, hers were blue when she was a baby but added more of the green tone as she got older.

I was the only one in my family with brown eyes until my niece was born 6 1/2 years ago. My mother & both siblings have blue eyes, my dad has hazel eyes, my son has blue eyes, like his father, and my daughter has hazel eyes. And I got stuck shit brown, not a pretty brown a golden yellow/brown. matches my mousy brown hair. Everything about me is basic boring generic and blah. Thank Rufus for hair dye cosmetics and accessories. :pb_lol:

I used to think blue eyes were the prettiest, probably due to the fact that are not very common in my area (1 out of 10 people I think). But I realised that light blue is cold and doesn't fit everybody and brown is a warm colour and I started to love brown eyes too. Dark blue, as Felicity has, is very beautiful because makes eyes look deep and bright. My brother has brown/grey/green eyes depending on the light. I find this combination more interesting than plain blue.

First time I went abroad, I went to UK where almost everybody had blue eyes and I realised that it is not the eyes colour what makes you beautiful. In fact, the combination of light eyes, light skin, light hair is not always as attractive as publicity make us believe. Beauty depends on physical features, not in eyes colour (although some people benefit of really beautiful shades of blue, green or golden).

@allthegoodnamesrgone please don't talk this way. I'm sure your brown eyes and your brown hair are beautiful. I think that if we weren't always listening how blue is better, we will be more comfortable with our own physical appearance.

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone please don't talk this way. I'm sure your brown eyes and your brown hair are beautiful. I think that if we weren't always listening how blue is better, we will be more comfortable with our own physical appearance.

Thank you, I am my own worst enemy. 

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I was the only one in my family with brown eyes until my niece was born 6 1/2 years ago. My mother & both siblings have blue eyes, my dad has hazel eyes, my son has blue eyes, like his father, and my daughter has hazel eyes. And I got stuck shit brown, not a pretty brown a golden yellow/brown. matches my mousy brown hair. Everything about me is basic boring generic and blah. Thank Rufus for hair dye cosmetics and accessories. :pb_lol:

Let me tell you: I am rather basic/boring/generic too and to be honest- I love it (well, most of the time). There is nothing wrong with it. I am rather startled why everyone wants to stand out and be oh so special. We are all special enough and it is perfectly fine not to stick out. And I am absolutely sure that you are not bland.

I really like this I color thread drift. In high school and college, it always bothered me when there would be all of those contests around homecoming,  including best eyes. I would feel so badly on the inside seeing all these pictures of blue eyes with no other color variation- no brown or green or gray or any other color.

My eyes are brown and I think they're beautiful. My now former sweetie has brown eyes, as well as my best friend. Sometimes I get really tired of society sending the message that blue eyes are preferred to any other color.

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Let me tell you: I am rather basic/boring/generic too and to be honest- I love it (well, most of the time). There is nothing wrong with it. I am rather startled why everyone wants to stand out and be oh so special. We are all special enough and it is perfectly fine not to stick out. And I am absolutely sure that you are not bland.

I'm brunette, brown eyes, thin lips. Nothing sexy, nothing stunning. When I was a teenager, I wanted thick lips (like Kim Basinger haha) and red hair and to be skinny etc. It took me time to realise that I was pretty enough, but in a classical way a teenager cannot appreciate. 

Sometimes beauty is not what magazines show. Someone *ordinary* can look beautiful because an harmonious face, bright hair and fitting clothes. And the opposite: people who may be ugly have such a strong personality or great style that look extremely sexy and attractive. But it happens more to men that to women, because sexist standards.

People definitely get funny about eye color. My husband clearly has grey eyes but his mom gets very upset if you say they aren’t blue. ?‍♀️ Whatever. My baby is 7 months and her eyes are getting lighter by the week. So it’ll be interesting to see how they turn out.  (First time inserting a pic- hope I do it correctly) 

Hers:

Spoiler

E5125B56-F272-45B8-AD47-A9187473781F.thumb.jpeg.7b458c3cfaf999aa615b27a7aed0bfbf.jpeg

mine: 

Spoiler

2951623D-3CD9-49DB-98EE-3FD80F50925E.thumb.jpeg.982149c6250da9f032ad204cc3f7209a.jpeg

My eyes are blue-green.Sometimes,they look blue,sometimes green depending on my moods and what color I am wearing.

Mr.Melon and two of my sons have blue eyes,theirs is a solid darker blue.People admired my sons eyes when they were little,said their eyes looked like marbles.

My grandfather and my mother in law had pale blue eyes,almost like the color of the sky.

My grandmother,my father,my youngest son and I all have,in my case ,had in their case.,blue-green eyes.Similar to yours Mstee,but I think yours are more beautiful.

My eyes are very light blue with a dark circle around it (a bit like @mstee but then with blue instead of green). They are exactly the same as my grandfathers and out of all 10 grandchildren I am the only one that got them.

I really really hope that once I have kids I will pass them on to one of them.

Well my whole family is European looking with blue eyes, pale skin while I look 100% latina with this olive skin and brown yellowish eyes... I used to think I was ugly cause I didn't fit my family's looks but my parents always got complimented about their cinnamon skinned brown eyed little girl.

Spoiler

20190113_160152.jpg.8ff955f099008e8824613f0bd76db404.jpg

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I stick out in a crowd (for reasons that have nothing to do with my eyes or attractiveness!) and I often wish I were more generic looking. I hate that people always stare at me and even take pictures of me without asking. Sometimes I just want to blend in and not be noticed but I can never do that. People nearly always remember seeing me. I don't think people who are more "average" realize what a blessing that can be.

How do you guys get such nice pictures of your eyes? This is the best I could manage:

Spoiler

9A3F3B16-097C-46E8-AE96-6F8E58F8ABF1.jpeg.9f405889163fa0d2482d03eb24e291bf.jpeg

They were dark blue till I was about 2 but as you can see they are now hazel. My mum has dark brown eyes and my dad has blue eyes so I guess I got the middle ground.

Eye color and genetics is so interesting.  My father's eyes are blue, my mother's are green.  Oldest sis has brown eyes, mine are blue/green (with teal/golden ring around the iris), my younger sister has beautiful almost denimy blue eyes. 

Brown eyed sisters first two children have blue eyes, youngest has brown.  My younger sister's child has greyish blue eyes.

Brown eyes are my favourite.  I just think they look so warm and inviting, and you see so many different shades of brown.  All of my boyfriends but one had brown eyes as well.  I definitely have a look I'm attracted to.

I love genetics! I have blue eyes, but only one of my kids got them. The others got their dad’s color-shifting brown/hazel eyes, which i think are gorgeous. I love that they change when they are in certain light or wear certain colors. Mine only change colors (to grey) when i’m sick!

I think Felicity will end up with brown eyes. My youngest had eyes like hers - i just knew they would end up blue. I was wrong, and they were dark brown by the time he was a year old. 

As mentioned above I have the "mistaken for brown" hazel-yellow-golden-green-brown-honey eyes. At first glance, if you're more than 10 feet away from me, I agree with brown. I have had occasional people stop to comment on their spectacular-ness up close, but it's rare. I do have a few nevi (freckles/moles in my irises) that are tracked for melanoma purposes and because they're dark they contribute to the brown looking factor, as well. 

For the genetics conversation contribution, my mom's eyes are such a dark brown that it's hard to distinguish where her pupil ends and iris begins. My dad's eyes are such a light, clear blue, that at times they appear translucent in an almost haunting way. 

All of my mom's parents and siblings are brown hair, brown eyes. My dad's mom and one of his sisters has the red hair, green eyes combo, and the remainder of his siblings and dad have brown hair and brown eyes, with his eyes being the exception. All of my cousins either have dark brown hair and brown eyes or red hair and green eyes. My sister and I share the same eyes, though I have auburn hair and she is blonde. 

As an aside, my boyfriend's eyes are a Caribbean Sea-bright turquoise color and he INSISTS they are hazel. The man might be colorblind honestly, I don't get it. 

I used a sperm donor to have my daughter. I chose someone with straight blonde hair and green eyes like mine. I wanted a child to look like me as much as possible so I wouldn't get too many questions. The joke was on me though.  My daughter had curly blonde hair as a small child and blue eyes. People always asked where the hair came from. Now that there's only a wave left the questions have stopped. I thought her eyes would turn green like mine did after age 5 but they're still pretty blue though they're changing. Here are mine:

Spoiler

IMG_4153.JPG

I always thought my eyes were green when I was young but apparently they are blue.  Once at a family reunion, my brown-eyes daughter noticed that a lot of our relatives on my mom's side had that same blue eye color. Now that @Casserole's mentioned it, it think the blue reminds me the shallower waters of the Caribbean or South Pacific in the pictures I've seen in my sailing magazine.  When I was in the rehab hospital after my stroke, my physical therapist had those same blue eyes.  She turned out to be my mom's sister's granddaughter.  It had been years since I'd seen her but she seemed familiar enough for me to ask.  

Also, just to add, my sister has brown eyes which I think are beautiful, a deep brown. She had the same type of blue eyes as Felicity until she turned one. Both her kids have the dark eyes. I've always been attracted to men with an olive complexion and dark eyes so if I ever married I'd probably have children who could tan. ?

My sister ended up with these huge blue-green eyes that also look gray in certain lights, and I got just meh dark brown eyes. I've always been so jealous of her. But I am starting to discover that I have a great eye shape for lots of eye makeup looks, so if I don't have kaleidoscope eyes like my sister, at least I can dress up my ho-hum peepers with lots of color and glitter. 

Interesting.  I really love brown eyes!  I even tried to get brown colored contacts, but they just didn't work on my lightish green eyes. 

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

How do you guys get such nice pictures of your eyes? This is the best I could manage:

Hide contents

9A3F3B16-097C-46E8-AE96-6F8E58F8ABF1.jpeg.9f405889163fa0d2482d03eb24e291bf.jpeg

They were dark blue till I was about 2 but as you can see they are now hazel. My mum has dark brown eyes and my dad has blue eyes so I guess I got the middle ground.

We have the exact same color eyes!

Y'all have some pretty great limbal rings!

If you want to isolate/identify your eye color better, it's pretty cool to use an editing program to make the rest of the pic black and white, then just return the iris to its original color.  

Mine:

Spoiler

image.png.b502553baa828375e90ee5f74ab0106f.png

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived