IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

I was in San Antonio on Saturday, AND I was at the Pearl District. I missed seeing them, of course. But, when I saw that photo pop up on Instagram later that afternoon, my first thought was, "You have GOT to be shitting me."

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2018 at 11:30 PM, fluffernutter said:

Jeremy attempting to look wise? Serious? Constipated? Lost? while her followers gush how amazing they are! ?

Hard to imagine what he was going for. Coat sort of screams Confederate army. Hat is--what? Hip fundie bad ass? Frank Sinatra in Guys and Dolls? Matisyahu? Expression--like you said, wise? GPS said there was a Chik filet on this corner? 

Just now, TheMustardCardigan said:

I’m starting to think Jinger believes liking coffee is her main personality trait. 

Maybe she’s part Maxwell?

I also always feel like she's trying really hard to find whatever filter will make Felicity's eyes appear blue. They are either very dark blue (and kind of muddled, where they don't really look blue unless you look really up close) or they are turning brown against the desperate wishes of her "look at my blue eyed baby" mother.

(I say that as somebody who has two electric blue eyed kids and they looked nothing like Felicity as babies)

30 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I also always feel like she's trying really hard to find whatever filter will make Felicity's eyes appear blue. They are either very dark blue (and kind of muddled, where they don't really look blue unless you look really up close) or they are turning brown against the desperate wishes of her "look at my blue eyed baby" mother.

(I say that as somebody who has two electric blue eyed kids and they looked nothing like Felicity as babies)

Right?? Felicity is an adorable little baby, she doesn’t need any filters! Calm the fuck down, Jessa. The apocalypse won’t come if Felcity’s eyes are brown. Enjoy Felicity being at an age where she’s perfect just because she exists.

37 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Agreed, my daughter's went from blue to green to hazel to light brown. I wanted her to have blue eyes (only because I do). I thought when I saw that quote was, oh honey, I think you are losing that battle, they are headed to brown. 

My daughter's took about 2 years to change. And I love my brown eyed girl.

Here are my 2 kids and their lovely eyes, no filter, at Felicity's age. I have brown eyes and my husband has green so this was a bit surprising.

Henryeyes.jpg

Tessaeyes.jpg

Never seen Michelle that affectionate with any of her grandkids... Me thinks Felicity is her favorite. Just a wild guess.

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Never seen Michelle that affectionate with any of her grandkids... Me thinks Felicity is her favorite. Just a wild guess.

I completely agree.

Felicity has the huge advantage of being the youngest grandchild, and probably will be for almost 1 by the time Jessa's third is born. 

She's also only female grandchild born to one of her daughters (And a daughter she remember exists and knows the name and anything about!)

She's lives furthest away, so they probably give her extra attention while she's here. She gets to see all the other kids all the time, so they aren't as special.

I think she'll be one of her favorites for a long time, even if say Jessa, Jill and Joy had daughters in rapid succession this year. You'd probably need someone like Jana to have identical twin girls to take away the crown.

4 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Lol

4D04EEC4-1646-4709-A4B5-E48AD79D628C.jpeg

Lol, the fuck does being a millennial have to do with it? I swear this meme some older people have about millennials was invented out of thin air because no millennial I’ve ever met fits their stereotype. Also, I love when they complain about how terribly we were raised. YOU RAISES US, GENIUSES. 

Weirdest one I’ve seen of late was a picture of a bike pedal with a caption lamenting the fact that millennials would never know how much it hurt to be hit in the shin by one. What?

I’m still waiting for all my participation trophies, by the way. 30 years old and still waiting here.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I’m still waiting for all my participation trophies, by the way. 30 years old and still waiting here.

I got ones for the summers I did tennis camp. I feel silly having them.

The people who gave us participation trophies WHEN WE WERE CHILDREN criticize us for it. 

Michelle looks looks so in love and full of care for Felicity. I hope it really is like that, and not like with her kids.. 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Michelle looks looks so in love and full of care for Felicity. I hope it really is like that, and not like with her kids.. 

Hide contents

I would guess the distance is a big factor like others have said. My parents do the same thing (to a very limited extent) with my daughter because she’s the only granddaughter and we don’t see them constantly like my nephews do*. It’s unintentional and very subtle, but I’ve noticed they do get a bit more excited to see her and spend time with her - though it’s not really noticeable when my nephews are around.

*My mom watches the boys while my sister and BIL are at work. She also watches them a lot when they aren’t working too, which is a whole other story I won’t get into. Point being, the boys constantly see my parents because they’re always with my mom and they live 15-20 minutes away. I live 35-40 minutes away and I’m home with my daughter, so they don’t see her as much.

I bet Felicity is the center of adulation from all the Aunts and not just Michelle when the Vuolos visit and never gets put down. They have not had a little girl to fuss over since Meredith who just got bumped for a newer model.  

If Jinger wanted a blue eyed baby,  she probably shouldn't have married a brown eyed man. 

@singsingsing preach. And if we are worried about one of their babies, it's probably because the Duggars have a shite safety record, not because we are millenials. Honestly some people need to get a hobby. 

I suspect Jessa has her perfect baby girl planned out and Blue eyes are her ideal, probably along with a full head of thick hair like Spurge. Till then Felicity will do.  

What's a "godly" woman (or man)? 

I heard it on Bates last night and I know my niece has said "God sent her a godly man" (we kind of thought he was just a controlling tool but..y'know..) 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, Kangaroo said:

I completely agree.

Felicity has the huge advantage of being the youngest grandchild, and probably will be for almost 1 by the time Jessa's third is born. 

She's also only female grandchild born to one of her daughters (And a daughter she remember exists and knows the name and anything about!)

She's lives furthest away, so they probably give her extra attention while she's here. She gets to see all the other kids all the time, so they aren't as special.

I think she'll be one of her favorites for a long time, even if say Jessa, Jill and Joy had daughters in rapid succession this year. You'd probably need someone like Jana to have identical twin girls to take away the crown.

I think whichever granddaughter ends up named Michelle will be the designated golden child. 

Also, regarding the "millennial moms" comment: I do think that Instagram commenters need to chill the fuck out sometimes. Sam and Israel balancing themselves on office furniture while their parents guffaw and take pictures? Yeah, call that shit out as unsafe. Baby is clearly in mom's arms posing for a picture and the caption is obviously tongue-in-cheek? Calm. The fuck. Down. I swear, some people act like every mom posting a picture of their baby on Instagram is Casey fucking Anthony. 

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived