IGNORED

Jinjer 46: Felicity and Her Hair Coverings

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I love those little ponytails on top of babies’ heads. That little doink hair that sticks straight up like a little antenna is so cute. I love tiny little alien babies toddling around.

My mom would do that with my hair! If I was behaving somewhat decently that day, then I would have a 'doink' (she called it a waterfall). If my behavior was less than stellar, I had the privilege of sporting devil horns ?.

I wore horns most of the time.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I live in the least religious country in the world, a country where people assume you’re not religious (unless you’re an immigrant). A country where church and state is separated and where religion don’t really affect life. I don’t have any christian friends in Sweden. No one I know go to church. And if they belive they don’t talk about it. 

I’m in no position to move, especially not an international move, but you sure do make Sweden sound appealing. I don’t remember it being this bad in the U.S. when I was a kid, but I probably just wasn’t aware of it because I was a kid. 

On 12/29/2018 at 5:53 AM, SassyPants said:

I know you're not from Iceland, but my husband and I LOL'd when we visited Iceland where there's a church on every corner, yet  we never saw a person actually going into said structures. Not even on a Sunday.

Sweden is the same. Very many nice churches that nearly no one goes to. :)

11 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Sweden is the same. Very many nice churches that nearly no one goes to. :)

Quebec is similar.

Lots of Catholic, Anglican, and mainline Protestant churches are closing in Ontario as well. One in my city is now a mosque. I'm sure the fundies would love that!

His caption is trying to hype up this place, yet in the picture the sign is blurry and the focus is on him lol. So really the caption should say: "me! my new favorite me in me at me!"

Though I guess I'll be nice in the spirit of the holidays and say he looks better in profile than straight on. Still just as douchey and pretentious, but in a slightly more aesthetically pleasing way.

I've been surprised by how many churches are closing around here. There's on in Cupids that is now a Bed and Breakfast, which I think is fascinating and I want to stay there. The RC Cathedral in Harbour Grace was closed because of lack of funding to fix it and it will now be a brewery, spa, and maybe some sort of a hotel. 

Lovely churches, not many people going to them! 

Jeremy attempting to look wise? Serious? Constipated? Lost? while her followers gush how amazing they are! [emoji2961]
The Pearl is a nice district in San Antonio. I would go again if the drive weren't so long.

18 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Jeremy attempting to look wise? Serious? Constipated? Lost? while her followers gush how amazing they are! ?

Jeremy looking pretentious.

15 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

His caption is trying to hype up this place, yet in the picture the sign is blurry and the focus is on him lol. So really the caption should say: "me! my new favorite me in me at me!"

Yeppers.  It is all about, "Me, the great and hat-wearing Jeremy Vuolo."

And why is the pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Laredo endlessly hyping yuppie, foodie, trendy, hot spots in San Antonio?  Doesn't he have any pastoring work to do back home? 

Again, San Antonio is 150 miles and a 2.5 hour drive away from Laredo - the place that the wondrous Pastor Jeremy Vuolo is supposed to be serving in and converting.  

50 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And why is the pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Laredo endlessly hyping yuppie, foodie, trendy, hot spots in San Antonio?  Doesn't he have any pastoring work to do back home? 

Again, San Antonio is 150 miles and a 2.5 hour drive away from Laredo - the place that the wondrous Pastor Jeremy Vuolo is supposed to be serving in and converting.  

Inability to habla Espanol is likely hampering Bert’s goal of growing his flock in Laredo!

59 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He’s too busy branding himself as a fundie hipster pastor to actually care for his flock.  

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I've been surprised by how many churches are closing around here. There's on in Cupids that is now a Bed and Breakfast, which I think is fascinating and I want to stay there. The RC Cathedral in Harbour Grace was closed because of lack of funding to fix it and it will now be a brewery, spa, and maybe some sort of a hotel. 

Lovely churches, not many people going to them! 

Same in my hometown because the population has dropped because many people have moved ( my whole family did just that ) and people are passing away. It's really sad in a way, even though I haven't gone to church in over a decade. I hate to admit it with all the family losses I've had in less than four years and my parents being ill...I don't take any comfort in religion. 

ETA...The Church in my hometown is still open. I think if it were to close, there would be an outcry. Even I'd hate to see it close.

Sad about the churches closing though, NL has some beautiful ones. 

15 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Sad about the churches closing though, NL has some beautiful ones. 

It is and at the same time it's not. Many of them are being saved and turned into something else. Like brewery or bed and breakfasts. If they're old enough the Historical Society tends to keep them and keep them as examples of architecture of the time period or as being the oldest of it's kind. Trinity has the Oldest Wooden Church in Newfoundland, for example. Maybe they won't exist as churches per say, but they will be something else and if the structure still stands; then that counts for something. *Folklorist Hat Off* 

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, he didn't show up at his church this morning. Some guy named Jonathan ministered to Jeremy's flock. If I were a parishioner of GCC, I'd be a little pissed that I saw so little of my pastor. But then again, the church seems to have grown a bit (got a wide shot of part of the audience when they broadcast their Christmas extravaganza). I wonder how many of those new people are Duggar leghumpers? 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Well, he didn't show up at his church this morning. Some guy named Jonathan ministered to Jeremy's flock. If I were a parishioner of GCC, I'd be a little pissed that I saw so little of my pastor. But then again, the church seems to have grown a bit (got a wide shot of part of the audience when they broadcast their Christmas extravaganza). I wonder how many of those new people are Duggar leghumpers? 

I wonder how many of those new people joined because Jeremy is absent so often?

Jeremy thinks very highly of Jeremy. He's such a poser, the more of see of him and his Instaperfect bride and their instaperfect spawn the more I want to burn Instagram to the ground for allowing these vapid twats a platform to to sell themselves to society on the daily. 

45 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I want to burn Instagram to the ground for allowing these vapid twats a platform to to sell themselves to society on the daily. 

they can't sell themselves to you if you don't follow them.  not clicking is actually an option.

47 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

they can't sell themselves to you if you don't follow them.  not clicking is actually an option.

I don't actually follow them, I see their photos here that are brought over. 

39 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't actually follow them, I see their photos here that are brought over. 

my point still stands.  

26 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

my point still stands.  

My bad, I thought this was a snark site not a fan site.  

Out of all the Duggars with a social media presence, Jinger and Jeremy rank kinda highly on the Irritating Instagram Presence Scale for me.  Here's my rankings, which to be honest no one asked for but this could be a fun game:

1. Josiah and Lauren-- They get the number one spot from me mostly for the super-forced-sad-face abortion movie post. Who takes a picture of themselves freaking crying? They also just kind of irrationally annoy me because I find their relationship contrived and forced as a whole. I feel like when they have a baby they'll be all about super posed pics like Jeremy and Jinger. And having a joint account that's in Josiah's name only is lame. 

2. Jeremy and Jinger-- They are a close second in the race. Everything is so overly posed. You can tell sometimes they're on their 300th take of the 5000th family photo of the weekend. You can almost hear Jinger saying "baaabe." I also think their polished presentation makes them more dangerous than the Dwrecks of the world. No one wants to be like Jill and Derick and their ill-timed photos of their children recovering from a tantrum in a dark, messy kitchen. People see Jinger in her little green velvet Pastor's Wife™ dress with Jeremy in a suit and Felicity in a little Christmas dress and think they want to be like that.

3. Jill and Derick-- I snark on them a lot but I mostly just feel bad for Jill because she just can't quite get it right. As mentioned before by myself and everyone else, her photos have no sense of composition, they're dark, they have weird backgrounds, and she has no sense of how to select the best photos from any one day so we get pictures of the kids looking sad or pouting while everyone else has the sense to post mostly happy laughing babies. Derick of course I don't feel sorry for. On Instagram he's not as outright stupid as he is on Twitter (probably because it's a photo based platform) but his Instagram presence is still weird and offputting... just like Derick himself!

4. Joy and Austin-- I mostly forget they have social media, but I'm pretty neutral about this one. They don't really do anything out of the ordinary... just normal baby and family photos that aren't so stiffly posed. They don't post that often either. They lose a couple points for the joint instagram but not as many as Josiah and Lauren because at least their handle reflects both their names.

5. Jessa and Ben-- This is mostly about Jessa because Ben hasn't posted in over a year. Back when they first got Instagram these two were super annoying. But their social media presence has mellowed out a ton and Jessa has found her stride: it's basically cute kid videos and posts about motherhood. They're still definitely fundie and harbor the same beliefs as their family members, and them hiding it and appearing kind of "normal" is of course dangerous. 

Other Duggar spawn and associates that aren't on the list just aren't even on my radar... Anna posts pretty infrequently and looking at her stuff is just sad, Joe and Kendra appear to be Instagram-free, John and Abbie I kind of forgot about but looking at their insta it's kind of like that nerdy quiet couple from high school that fell in love and you kinda forget about them but good for them, they're happy.

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My bad, I thought this was a snark site not a fan site.  

it is.  but if being exposed to something upsets you that much sometimes walking away for awhile is a good idea.

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived