IGNORED

'Baby It's Cold Outside' banned by Cleveland radio station

Flossie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

BTW, I didn't get "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" was about a kid seeing his mom kiss his dad dressed up as Santa until, oh, two years ago? I really thought mom was catting around with Santa. 

Don't feel bad.  I was well into my 30's before I figured out how these things worked.  :embarrassed: 

I actually really like "Baby it's cold outside ".   Kinda reminds me of first dating my husband, who was always a gentleman,  we were early 20's and he wanted me to stay one night after much flirting and kissing.  It was a cute exchange and no I didn't stay. It also wasn't cold out. Lol   I did stay the next time. ?

So, in conclusion, I get it. I don't feel it rapey. The rapey boys would never be so nice. Ime. Thank goodness I wasn't raped but, there is a very clear difference from my new bf at the time wanting to spend the night with playful coaxing and a pushy guy. I've also tried to do some coaxing back in my time and got turned down for being tipsy and once because the guy wanted to take things slow because he really liked me and I saw him as more of a " no one will know, I'm horney"

Rape culture is most definitely a thing but I personally do not feel that song is rapey. 

Plus, maybe if social norms for women were freer,  this grown ass woman would not be watched by her father and mother, the neighbors would mind their own and she could be free to make sweet love by the fire with that man and woke up to more sex and breakfast.  He sounds like a breakfast maker. 

There's someone on my FB feed who's really jumped on this. "If Charlie Brown, Rudolph and Baby It's Cold Outside offend you, maybe this life isn't for you." "Let's all play Baby It's Cold Outside and irritate the crazies who think it's offensive."  The latest one is(paraphrased) "I'm still going to listen to Baby It's Cold Outside.  You're entitled to your opinion, but don't tell me what mine should be."

She's also one of those "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holidays" types.  It makes me want to scream "Nobody's effing stopping you!" :mad:

I’m glad a few of you have also noticed the way the evangelicals have taken on “Baby It’s Cold Outside” as a personal cause. My fundie aunt (by marriage) is constantly posting about this nowadays, as well as spreading false stories about how the Trumps have returned Christmas to the White House and how she’ll NEVER stop saying “Merry Christmas” rather than “Happy Holidays”.  ?  Supposedly she doesn’t listen to secular music, but this song is ok? And she’s not the only one.  I’ve seen it all over social media...this has become an important conservative cause, apparently! 

8 hours ago, KneeFlasher said:

I’ve seen it all over social media...this has become an important conservative cause, apparently! 

Which is weird, because it's about unmarried nookie. (I suggest pointing this out to them).

Archived