IGNORED

Trump 37: Tweeting instead of Leading

Destiny

My daughter just sent me a selfie from the Army-Navy football game of her making a horrified face.  I thought, oh no, is Navy doing that bad?  Well, it turns out Trump is sitting in a box seat a few rows behind her!  I told her not to fret, he'll probably be hauled off to prison soon enough.

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

My daughter just sent me a selfie from the Army-Navy football game of her making a horrified face.  I thought, oh no, is Navy doing that bad?  Well, it turns out Trump is sitting in a box seat a few rows behind her!  I told her not to fret, he'll probably be hauled off to prison soon enough.

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

I'm in a chat with all the guys in one of my fantasy football leagues (I'm the only girl in both of them...) and they were laughing that when Donnie did the coin toss he just threw it in the air and it didn't flip at all. 

34 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

they were laughing that when Donnie did the coin toss he just threw it in the air and it didn't flip at all.

That was hysterical!  My comment to my daughter was I wondered if he needed someone to help him with the coin toss.  It was a little strange, but it's pretty typical that he doesn't seem to "get" things that the average U.S. citizen understands. 

Meanwhile, relieved that Navy scored after that fumble. 

47 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

but it's pretty typical that he doesn't seem to "get" things that the average U.S. citizen understands. 

I just watched it and he really doesn't seem to understand what a coin toss is. He just threw it in the air and watched it hit the ground. Is this the first year he has done this? I wonder if they scheduled this to give him something fun to do as a distraction. 

Two great replies in the thread:

Spoiler

image.png.da4a892926bcb36087649731c442399d.png

image.png.fda36ef3fe7b3766ad0d59716bab2b85.png

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Look you can mock all you want but you gotta understand that it's hard to human. 

Meh- they told him he was in charge of the coin toss. If any more details were given he wasn't listening... and he wanted to do things his way. They said coin toss, not coin flip.

It was a pretty large coin for his hands.  Maybe he thought it was a frisbee...  He did inject a little showman flare into the procedure.

I love that he pointed to the ground like no one knew that the coin fell to there. 

A good one from Dana Milbank: "The utterly lawless ‘Individual-1"

Spoiler

“Individual-1” has a singular problem: His own Justice Department just said he directed a crime.

Late Friday, U.S. prosecutors — ordinary prosecutors, not the ones working for Robert S. Mueller III’s supposed rogue witch hunt — filed papers in court saying President Trump’s former fixer Michael Cohen admitted “he acted in coordination with and at the direction of Individual-1.”

This means that it is the considered view of Individual-1’s Justice Department that Individual-1 participated in a felony violation of campaign finance law by directing, in order to influence the presidential election, the payoff of two women who alleged affairs with Individual-1.

Mueller and his team will decide in the coming months whether to accuse Trump of crimes. But in one sense, these are just details. That Trump is fundamentally lawless can no longer be seriously disputed. His own prosecutors now say he took part in a crime — and his former secretary of state says Trump had little concern about what was legal.

“So often,” Rex Tillerson said in a talk Thursday, “the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want you to do, and here’s how I want you to do it.’ And I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do. But you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

To this, Trump responded with a well-reasoned legal defense: Tillerson “was dumb as a rock” and “lazy as hell.”

Tillerson didn’t detail his allegations of Trump’s illegal impulses, but many such views by Trump are already in the public domain.

During the campaign, Trump said he would have no trouble getting the military to follow his orders, even if they were illegal, such as torture or the deliberate targeting of innocents.

“If I say do it, they’re gonna do it,” Trump said. And, “They’re not gonna refuse me. Believe me.”

As Bob Woodward reported in his book “Fear,” Trump wanted the military to assassinate Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, which would be illegal (unless Trump has issued secret orders stating otherwise). “Let’s f---ing kill him!” was Trump’s proposal.

In April, The Post’s Greg Jaffe reported that Trump watched a recording of a CIA drone strike in which the agency held off on firing until the target was away from his family. Trump asked: “Why did you wait?” Doing otherwise would have been a war crime.

More recently, Trump has suggested troops could fire on unarmed migrants on the border (he later qualified this), and CNN reported that the Pentagon rebuffed instructions for the military to engage in law enforcement on the border, which is normally not allowed.

Trump has floated the idea that he could unilaterally end the constitutional protection of birthright citizenship, and his administration has toyed with implementing a $100 billion capital-gains tax cut without Congress, and sharing census citizenship information with law enforcement officials.

Axios last year reported that Trump told a group of Native American tribal leaders to ignore federal rules on energy drilling: “I’m telling you, chief, you’ve just got to do it.”

When courts push back on his lawlessness, Trump treats judges as political opponents. He tried to disqualify the Trump University judge, saying his Mexican ancestry meant he couldn’t be fair to Trump. He rebuked the “so-called judge” who ruled against his travel ban, widely seen as unconstitutional before it was revised. And he earned a rebuke from Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. for blaming an “Obama judge” for a ruling that his administration must process asylum claims.

Meanwhile, five former Trump aides have pleaded guilty in Mueller’s Russia probe, and others seem to regard it as perfectly plausible that Trump himself, as former aide Sam Nunberg put it, “may very well have done something during the election with the Russians.”

On Friday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the latest filings “tell us nothing of value that wasn’t already known.” That’s true in the sense that recent findings essentially corroborate much of the 2016 “dossier” by former spy Christopher Steele — declared fraudulent by Trump — and its reports of extensive, compromising interactions between the Trump campaign and cronies of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The dossier’s assertion of Michael Cohen’s “ongoing secret liaison relationship” with Russian leadership has been confirmed by his now-exposed work on a Moscow Trump Tower well into 2016, which he lied about to Congress. The new revelations about Cohen also show that the dossier correctly identified Putin lieutenants Dmitry Peskov and Sergei Ivanov as the ones managing the Trump campaign for the Russian government.

Trump on Friday nominated William P. Barr to be attorney general, citing his “unwavering adherence to the rule of law.”

If he’s right about Barr, Individual-1, whose own adherence to the rule of law is wavering at best, will be deeply disappointed.

I may have missed this disscussion, but is Individual 1 really so stupid as to think he isn't in trouble?

*I can't imagine his "family friends," that he may or may not do laundry for, will want to get involved in protecting his greedy orange ass.*

My mother just told me that one of her cousins passed away, at the age of 99. The relative that called to tell her the sad news also told her that the cousin had said she hoped to die while she was still 99 years old, so she wouldn't have to get a 100th birthday card from Trump.

Now, I know we all detest the orange asshole, but I think my mother's cousin, may she rest in peace, takes the prize for dedication to disgust with Trump.

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

To this, Trump responded with a well-reasoned legal defense: Tillerson “was dumb as a rock” and “lazy as hell.”

Somebody needs to tell him that was his reflection he was looking at and not Tillerson.

23 hours ago, Howl said:

The reason for denial was two fold: first, the financials related to projected revenue were inflated and therefore unrealistic (lying, basically); and two, Trump's mob connections.

It's too bad these records were sealed for thirty (30!) years.  That seems unusually long to me. 

From the Guardian (my bolding):

The public was not told the substance of the NSW government’s concerns. Booth said the reports “contain confidential and commercially sensitive material” and refused to make them public.

Now, under rules that declassify NSW cabinet papers after 30 years, summaries of the various reports on the Kern/Trump bid have come to light.

Makes me wonder what else is out there under seal. 

Nick Ayers has declined Trump's Chief of Staff position and is returning to Georgia to run a pro-Trump super PAC.  So, who's next on the list?

(My computer froze when I tried to link, so maybe hell froze over?)

12 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It's too bad these records were sealed for thirty (30!) years.  That seems unusually long to me

They changed it in 2009 to 20 years, but 30 years has been pretty standard. There are still some types of records that are sealed longer (census raw data is 99 years) and some I suspect are buried indefinitely.

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

There are still some types of records that are sealed longer (census raw data is 99 years) and some I suspect are buried indefinitely.

As I recall, there was a WH meeting at the beginning of W's reign that involved CEOs of energy companies.  The notes of that meeting and who attended are sealed away and I think I'll be dead and gone by the time they are unsealed, because the amount of time those records would be sealed was extended.  Pisses me off to this day. 

19 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do you carry a smocking gun?

This is not a typo, he did it twice. 

If I read the news correctly all questions asked of Comey were about Hillary Clinton. So yea, if they did't ask about the smocking gun no smocking gun would have been found.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived