IGNORED

Ex-Gay Hipster Fundies live in an airstream

JermajestyDuggar

And their Instagram name is.....

ginger and a beard!!!!!! I was dying at the name. Yes, the husband has a beard but I was thinking the ginger was the beard. I hope they see the irony in it. They live in an airstream, have a baby girl, dress and act like Christian hipsters, and they both prayed the gay away. 

https://www.instagram.com/ginger_andabeard/

2FE76F11-56C2-4E66-9813-0CD52911F7D9.jpeg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy balls. 

One of their posts:

Broken sexuality takes many forms and is something that plagues many - unfortunately. We desire to hear people's stories and help lead them out of brokenness and into wholeness.

The first part of that is very true. Many people have "broken" sexuality; ask anyone in the closet who is denying who they are and what they need. Denial is the broken part. Beard should be an expert at that. 

I wonder how they believe they will lead people out of brokenness into wholeness. I know, I know, Jesus. But, um, that doesn't work. Never has, never will. It only leads to a life of denial and buried, ignored pain. 

I hate, hate, hate people like this. Hate. Them. 

4 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

They remind me of Aud and Whatshisname Roloff.  She wanted a camper at one time too.

Maybe that’s who they are copying. 

Manbun? Check

Redhead? Check

Cute baby girl? Check

So Jesus knows modern day carpentry? Well isn’t that.... cool.

4065E6C2-DB10-4F97-ABC4-45DD98557213.jpeg

What do they do for a living to afford the pinterest-perfect lifestyle? Or did they sell the house to afford more Disney vacations and hair products?

I'm not seeing where they say the wife is also ex-gay. Do they have a website?

55 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

They remind me of Aud and Whatshisname Roloff.  She wanted a camper at one time too.

It’s funny that you say that because Audrey Roloff follows them.  

"A beard" is a slang term to describe a person who poses as a false date or romantic partner to mislead others about the status of a relationships which makes me wonder why they call themselves Ginger and a beard.....Instead of, for example, Ginger and The Beard, unless it's their personal ex-gay in joke, which I kinda think it is.  

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Manbun? Check

Redhead? Check

Cute baby girl? Check

Tats? Check

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

"A beard" is a slang term to describe a person who poses as a false date or romantic partner to mislead others about the status of a relationships which makes me wonder why they call themselves Ginger and a beard.....Instead of, for example, Ginger and The Beard, unless it's their personal ex-gay in joke, which I kinda think it is.  

Tats? Check

It has to be a joke, no way he is an ex-gay and they dont know the term. I could believe a sheltered fundie not knowing it but they obviously do. 

I was so disappointed that this wasn’t ex gay Greg and DeDe, finally living the “motorcoach” dream.  

I want to know specifically how the Lord tells you to stop using birth control. 

Also I have always been interested in the people who "Pray away the gay." My ex husband and his family were fundie and I am positive his second oldest brother was gay. At the time I left the brother was maybe 40?ish and single and had never had any romantic interests. But he was also clearly gay and flamboyant but had to mask all of that. I was surprised to hear that he got married several years after I left. I felt bad because I didn't think that's who he really was. If you're gay, you're gay, cool. No one cares. It's just got to be so awful for people who are gay/bi/trans, everything, in these stifling families where they have to be a certain way because Jesus. It's maddening!

That manbun is an abomination, being is gay is not.
They seem to be happy, but they are living a dream life. One day the travel opportunities will run out, dogs will grow old and die, kid will grow up and go her own ways, and these two will be left alone with their joke of a marriage, inner self-hate, and no distractions from brokenness. The real brokenness. 
I feel sorry for them. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

That manbun is an abomination, being is gay is not.
They seem to be happy, but they are living a dream life. One day the travel opportunities will run out, dogs will grow old and die, kid will grow up and go her own ways, and these two will be left alone with their joke of a marriage, inner self-hate, and no distractions from brokenness. The real brokenness. 
I feel sorry for them. 

But, god will make them happy together. He will, really! God very clearly has a personal interest in them, so why wouldn't their lives be Pinterest perfect forever? I mean, God clearly cured Beard of attraction to men. Then, god clearly told them to stop using birth control. I can't imagine a loving god would just abandon them later in life after they have so faithfully obeyed every direct command, specifically to and for them. 

Beard gave up the gay and together, they gave up birth control and made the baby. They have been obedient and listened to god, word for word! I am sure their god has given them the means for their chosen lifestyle. They look pretty for their public image to facilitate that. What more could they want? 

If god has given them all this, right now, he will obviously make sure to keep it up through their entire lives. /endsarcasmincaseIdidn'tmakeitclear/

I am not gay because, well, because I am a girl and I like boys. When I think of or imagine intimacy, it's with a male, not a female. That's cool. Really, it is. And, it's fun and all kinds of other good things. I could never pretend to be gay without destroying a part of me. Denial and lying to yourself is like bacteria eating away at everything inside you. Just as a gay person can't pretend to be straight without something being eaten away, destroyed, pain filled. Whether they show it or not, it's there. Just like their blood type, their eye color, being left or right handed. 

I know, preaching to the choir. But, it seriously pisses me the f*ck off when people like this go on anti-gay crusades. They're worse than PP in some ways. He's in your face about his hatred (and he is in the damn closet too, in my opinion) and you know what you're getting. Pretty packaging is designed to bait & switch, and ultimately, to hurt someone. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

I can't get my head around these two. These are the type of fundies we should be most afraid of. They are hate and self-hate, all wrapped up in a pretty, modern bow.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Jesus knows modern day carpentry? Well isn’t that.... cool.

4065E6C2-DB10-4F97-ABC4-45DD98557213.jpeg

I need to get Jesus phone number. Water is leaking in my bathroom, and clearly Jesus would know what the problem is and how to fix it. Or does Jesus only talk to straight people? 

@AlwaysExcited, yes, I'm afraid Jesus does only talk to straight people.  The good news, though, is that if you pray hard enough he'll turn you straight, and then you can get your leak fixed for free.

I always suspect that those "ex-gays" who actually make it are really bi, just generally more often attracted to the same sex. No miracle in finding someone of the opposite sex, jut a matter of timing and odds.

I just want to smack them around for a minute. It’s Oregon, guys. Find your way over to a nice UU church and figure things out.

How do these couples always manage to have a photographer on hand? These two, the Roloffs, Freckled Fox I'm starting to think has a live in photographer so she can be photographed everyday.

I can think of so many better ways to spend that money.

19 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

My first thought was Freckled Fox and her Manbun

2 hours ago, applejack said:

How do these couples always manage to have a photographer on hand? These two, the Roloffs, Freckled Fox I'm starting to think has a live in photographer so she can be photographed everyday.

Tripods and timers. And an "instagram husband"

Spoiler

Archived