IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

Who is Alyssa Roberts?

I will never forget how Lori stayed on vacation as her mother was actively dying. What a monster. It’s still on my mind that she did that. I am surprised Ken did not drag her on a plane home as it makes them both look like even more of an asshole.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Petronella said:

It sounds to me not like she was envying the tumor, but envying the lack of maternal drive. It read to me like she was someone who had been deeply saddened by infertility, and wished that if she had to be infertile, if her maternal drive could have been absent too, instead of having the desire but not the ability. (I don't know anything about her, but that's what it sounded like to me.)

Yea, I get that. I was unable to have children on my own and would pray to God to take away the desire for children if He didn't mean for me to have any. Adoption took 10 years, and I was just about suicidal before it finally happened.  

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Who is Alyssa Roberts?

I will never forget how Lori stayed on vacation as her mother was actively dying. What a monster. It’s still on my mind that she did that. I am surprised Ken did not drag her on a plane home as it makes them both look like even more of an asshole.

I know, right?  Lori couldn't be bothered to even put on an appearance of caring.  

Of course I've wondered if Lori was told to stay away by the rest of the family. I'm sure she would only have caused unneeded drama.

Wonder what's going on in Lori land?  She posted another "Youtube".  Like the last one, she's in pajamas, and hasn't even bothered to run a brush through her hair.

I am not one to talk about looks, but it seems very odd to me that she doesn't want to take care of basic hygiene before broadcasting a video of herself.  It would take a min. to brush her hair & turn on some lights so her videos aren't so dark.   Just seems weird to me.

Spoiler

y.PNG.c72cadcbed46e66fd838902542d582aa.PNG

Spoiler

y1.PNG.c6c03f46d034a6332098c395c4088bd3.PNG

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am not one to talk about looks, but it seems very odd to me that she doesn't want to take care of basic hygiene before broadcasting a video of herself.  It would take a min. to brush her hair & turn on some lights so her videos aren't so dark.   Just seems weird to me.

I had the same reaction...and she also said "I decided not to make any more videos" before making a video.  She looks awful in that video and I also don't comment on looks....but holy heck.....and her hair looks brittle... I don't think her "health regimens" are doing her much good.  Ken looks 10 years younger than her. 

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Who is Alyssa Roberts?

Just one of the fangirls that posts on her page and defends Lori's way of thinking on a regular basis

6 hours ago, Petronella said:

It sounds to me not like she was envying the tumor, but envying the lack of maternal drive. It read to me like she was someone who had been deeply saddened by infertility, and wished that if she had to be infertile, if her maternal drive could have been absent too, instead of having the desire but not the ability. (I don't know anything about her, but that's what it sounded like to me.)

I guess this shows that things can be interpreted differently from person to person. I read it as she wished she had a tumor so she didnt have so many kids because she lacked maternal instinct. 

6 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

I guess this shows that things can be interpreted differently from person to person. I read it as she wished she had a tumor so she didnt have so many kids because she lacked maternal instinct. 

Yikes that would be ghastly. I suppose it all depends on her family situation which she meant. I hope not your version, for the sake of her poor kids.

Those damn parasites again. Exactly what organism(s) are we talking about here, Lori? Because without some specifics, your story sounds like absolute bullshit.

She looks old and sad.  I agree with @SongRed7, like on the verge of tears.  My mother is 67 yo and looks much younger than Lori. But then my mother, as crazy as she can be, isn't a hateful paranoid bitch.

Debby writes: 

I’ve shared about all the horrors that came to my family. I’ve always believed it was because my mom left the home to work.

Here we have the result of the anti-feminist brainwashing done by the religious.  

I honestly feel for Debby. Truly, I do. Look at the mess - she describes it as a mess - her words.  She is calling her family of origin a mess.  And she is blaming HER MOTHER squarely, because her mother left the home to work.

We do not know why her mother went to work.

We know nothing of her father's behavior while her parents were married, based upon what she writes.

We just have this "mother blame..." because if something bad happened in the family, it must be mother!

Generations of people are a "mess" because of MOTHER.

I'm not buying it.

And I stay home full time and have for years. I personally like this choice and believe it is best. For OUR family.  Not my job to decide this for OTHER people's families.

These religious people....you would think they would stop blaming women and maybe consider blaming the devil.  You know, it would make more sense with their mindset.  Maybe they have subconsciously equated woman with the devil?...

I can say that I have been home and have worked outside the home. My husband was a SAHD for a few months in between churches.  We also did some daycare.

There was no change in our children

OK, maybe a little adjustment to the routine changing, but they didn't hate me or blame all the world's problems when I went back to work. They actually liked daycare.

What right does Lori have to complain, nag, coerce, criticize, or berate others? Who is she again? What is her exalted title? What's that high place she thinks belongs to her? Why does she think making people feel terrible about themselves will make them better? This all applies to other people, not just spouses, and not just how women treat men.  The lack of self awareness is truly astounding.  

0213984723.jpg

7 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

What right does Lori have to complain, nag, coerce, criticize, or berate others? Who is she again? What is her exalted title? What's that high place she thinks belongs to her? Why does she think making people feel terrible about themselves will make them better? This all applies to other people, not just spouses, and not just how women treat men.  The lack of self awareness is truly astounding.  

0213984723.jpg

Ha ha--I hadn't seen the doodle and so read your intro at face value. Then got to the doodle itself and...hee hee!

People have tried blaming mothers for everything for centuries. If I remember correctly early psychologists attempted to blame many various disorder, including schizophrenia, on the mother. Schizophrenogenic Mother was the term used. Mother's are rarely the sole one responsible for what happens to a child. Sometimes they play a big role but the average working mother? No.

Someone in the comments said they wish they had more children so they could always have one with them. Maybe it's because I'm not a mother so I don't understand but children aren't pets, they're human beings. I understand missing them and wanting them home but wanting more to fulfill your loneliness is not a solution. Being so enmeshed with your children doesn't seem healthy. But again, I might not get it because I'm not a mother. Is this a normal thing with mothers? It just seems like many of these women want more children to fill emptiness. 

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Someone in the comments said they wish they had more children so they could always have one with them. Maybe it's because I'm not a mother so I don't understand but children aren't pets, they're human beings. I understand missing them and wanting them home but wanting more to fulfill your loneliness is not a solution. Being so enmeshed with your children doesn't seem healthy. But again, I might not get it because I'm not a mother. Is this a normal thing with mothers? It just seems like many of these women want more children to fill emptiness. 

It's been my opinion that motherhood is a time-limited job. You have 18 years to produce a functional adult-like human being that should be able to take care of itself w/o mommy. Personally by the time I got to my youngest, I couldn't wait for him to leave the nest. I was looking forward to starting my life with the empty nest. As y'all know, I love my children beyond reason but I did not want to be "mommy" for the rest of my life. Now, I'm "hey nerd girl", "hello Satan" and "hey momma" to my brats. 

The "Hello Satan" one is a joke. Seems the keypad shortcut for "mom" is 666. #2 son's ring tone for me is the Imperial March from Star Wars too. He has issues! #1 son is the one who says "hey nerd girl" because any time he wants advice, he thinks the only one who knows anything is me. I've tried and tried to explain to him that Google is his friend but he claims that mom is faster and easier. #1 and only daughter is usually smart enough to figure shit out on her own, she's mostly looking for opinions. I never claimed that my kids were "normal", but they're mine and I love 'em. 

21 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Now, I'm "hey nerd girl", "hello Satan" and "hey momma" to my brats. 

Sounds a bit like my kids.  One of mine is on my phone as Evil Spawn, another is currently Pennywise, has been Nyarlathotep among other monikers in the past. But my kids do have a very warped sense of humor, so take that for what it's worth. My older son asked me once how I decided which of my offspring to devour, I told him just to be glad he wasn't one of them.  :pb_lol: 

15 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

All of that wealth is at the very top of the heap; the fabled top 2 %.

I'm betting even Princess Lori would be singing a different tune should Ken suffer some medical situation requiring long-term, expensive treatment and loss of earning. Add in the house needing some pricey upkeep and/or a few other things and she'll be swimming up-stream. I'm guessing that Lori knows NOTHING about the family finances and (of course) Ken does all of the bill paying. She's like his kid living in the house.

This should be posted to any number of bloggers: JRod, Zsu, etc. Someone, please do it!

I have also speculated that Ken manages the bills and there are a lot of details Lori doesn't know about it.  I think if something happened to Ken and there were major medical bills, Lori would tapping her adult sons to help out.  Now, I'm all for adult children helping out their parents if they are able to and want to. But, with Princess Lori-she would probably be demanding a lot of money from the kids to keep her in the lifestyle that she's used to. She wouldn't downsize certain things if her kids asked her to. 

I have an aunt who has been disabled since her late 50s and she is now in her early 70s. She draws a pension and SS. She sold her home two years ago and moved into a retirement community that also has a nursing home/assisted living facility on site. She knows that someday she will need to move into those buildings. Her kids have already said that they would help her financially with the bills when that time comes. My aunt set aside some of the profits from her home sale in a savings account for the future. She said that she believes in lessening her burden on her kids. 

Lori probably wouldn't have that kind of attitude. I could easily see her not caring if her sons were having their own financial struggles years from now. Her only concern would be making them give her whatever she wants. 

2 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Debby writes: 

Here we have the result of the anti-feminist brainwashing done by the religious.  

I honestly feel for Debby. Truly, I do. Look at the mess - she describes it as a mess - her words.  She is calling her family of origin a mess.  And she is blaming HER MOTHER squarely, because her mother left the home to work.

We do not know why her mother went to work.

We know nothing of her father's behavior while her parents were married, based upon what she writes.

We just have this "mother blame..." because if something bad happened in the family, it must be mother!

Generations of people are a "mess" because of MOTHER.

I'm not buying it.

And I stay home full time and have for years. I personally like this choice and believe it is best. For OUR family.  Not my job to decide this for OTHER people's families.

These religious people....you would think they would stop blaming women and maybe consider blaming the devil.  You know, it would make more sense with their mindset.  Maybe they have subconsciously equated woman with the devil?...

In a past comment, Debby said that her father had co-workers and male friends who had working wives. She said that those men and their families had luxury items like boats, nice cars, and other things.  Her claim was that her dad wanted those same things and pushed the mom to go out and work so they would have the money for the things. She said the mom was miserable having to work outside the home. In that comment, she seemed to have a lot of anger towards the dad and the men he hung around with.  I'm not surprised that she has shifted to blaming mothers or women. 

Lori's fangirls often try to paint all working mothers as materialistic and only working so they can have luxuries. Occasionally, the fangirls will blame the husbands of working women too. But, when it comes down to it Debby and the fangirls will never know all the reasons why many households have two incomes.  Not all two income households are the same and the fangirls fail to see that. Not every two income household has luxury items and many still struggle after the bills are paid. 

I could only get thru the first 2 and a half minutes of Lori's film:

She claims she and her mother were best friends.  Really?  Because she couldn't be bothered to leave her vacation house in Door County to be with her mother on her deathbed.

She says she is thankful her mother didn't work outside the home so she could help Lori after her babies were born, after her surgeries, during her bouts with those mysterious parasites, etc.  But Lori couldn't be bothered to leave her vacation house in Door County to be with her mother on her deathbed.

And for the love of all that is holy, get your damn eyebrows waxed! Update your frames and put on some makeup.  After all, you fancy yourself a teacher of younger women.  

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Sounds a bit like my kids.  One of mine is on my phone as Evil Spawn, another is currently Pennywise, has been Nyarlathotep among other monikers in the past. But my kids do have a very warped sense of humor, so take that for what it's worth. My older son asked me once how I decided which of my offspring to devour, I told him just to be glad he wasn't one of them.  :pb_lol: 

At one point the boys were in my phone as #1 idiot son and #2 idiot son. #1 son's ringtone was "American Idiot" and #2's was "Carry On Wayward Son". #1 daughter was in my phone as "only girl" and I forget what her ringtone was, it changed depending on what mood she was in. 

I told my kids the only reason they survived to adulthood is that I didn't want to go to prison. 

Verge-of-tears midnight videos reminds me of someone I knew when her drinking was out of control.

Not saying Lori is an alcoholic, just saying the behavior, added to the increasing pugnacity (is that a word?) of her posts, triggered memories. Not happy ones.

Guess what, ewe guise? Lori's repeating--yet AGAIN--her viral "Do you expect your husband to help w/ household chores" doodle! :cracking-up:  Because three times (or has it been four? I've lost count) just isn't enough! :laughing-rolling:

4 hours ago, Hane said:

Those damn parasites again. Exactly what organism(s) are we talking about here, Lori? Because without some specifics, your story sounds like absolute bullshit.

There is a bunch of lunatics out there who beliefe in some parasite they called "ropeworm". They blame every illness on that non existing parasite, but esp. conditions like autism and ADHD. They treat it with enemas constisting MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement), wich is chlordioxide, a chemical used in toilet cleaners and for purifing water. If you do this often enough, parts of your colon lining will come out after that enemas and that they think is the ropeworm and see as evidence for their "infection" with an imaginative parasite. That's the kind of health bullshit that fits Lori and now I wonder if Lori will, after black salve, jump on the MMS train. A little advice if you google MMS or ropeworm, stay away from the picture search, they aren't pretty.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived