IGNORED

Lori Alexander 58: A Family Holiday on the Toilet

HerNameIsBuffy

@Briefly I love it! I wish I could wear one but every one I've ever tried to sew makes me look like a brick. I'm small but with broad shoulders for my size. It makes me sad to see how cute others look in them. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

pic.thumb.jpg.adddae0a823ec461861c8135f4439827.jpg

I'm sorry if that's huge under the spoiler! Silly thing wouldn't load! And also it's self-designed and probably doesn't make sense unless you're a Supernatural fan and know about Jared Padalecki's "Always Keep Fighting" campaign for mental health awareness. You got my back, @danvillebelle? :) 

Aaaaand here's a Jesus I did for an in-law. I remember doing this one: it was kind of my good-bye to Christianity and I worked some feelings into this piece for sure! Also, all that sepia and brown? I thought I was going blind, haha.

Spoiler

image.png.fbff4eddf60d4633235063ec4d89acaf.png

If anyone is lonely and bored it's Lori so she fills her days (and nights) with the internet and the "you tubers" being a gossiping busybody and judgmental shrew.

Ken's Natasha/Irina is not only has a tattoo and wears leggings, she is also a woman with breasts and a booty.  She likes to cook real meals, not dishwater soup and slimy week old salads. She and Ken sit over dinner, talking, laughing and sharing a bottle of wine. Then they both clean up afterward.

Natasha/Irina's house is warm and inviting with rugs, throw pillows on the sofa and chairs, photos and knickknacks around.  It is not the sterile, cold, stripped bare, no personality home Lori prefers.

And if their relationship is physical (and it probably is), Natasha/Irina has a king sized bed with lots of pillows to recline on for cuddling and lounging after.

Oh ...... and Natasha/Irina has a college education, possibly a graduate degree and a career. Unlike Lori she doesn't want to be a kept woman.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

If anyone is lonely and bored it's Lori so she fills her days (and nights) with the internet and the "you tubers" being a gossiping busybody and judgmental shrew.

Ken's Natasha/Irina is not only has a tattoo and wears leggings, she is also a woman with breasts and a booty.  She likes to cook real meals, not dishwater soup and slimy week old salads. She and Ken sit over dinner, talking, laughing and sharing a bottle of wine. Then they both clean up afterward.

Natasha/Irina's house is warm and inviting with rugs, throw pillows on the sofa and chairs, photos and knickknacks around.  It is not the sterile, cold, stripped bare, no personality home Lori prefers.

And if their relationship is physical ( ans it probably is), Natasha/Irina has a king sized bed with lots of pillows to recline on for cuddling and lounging after.

Oh ...... and Natasha/Irina has a college education, possibly a graduate degree and a career. Unlike Lori she doesn't want to be a kept woman.

Why would someone like that be with Ken though?

7 minutes ago, Mar said:

Because she hasn't quite thought it through properly?

@Mar Maybe she sees something in him that can grow and learn?  My theory is that away from Lori Ken, while not perfect at all, is a different person.  I sometimes think his dooshy comments on her blog/FB, and on TFW 2.0 are geared to Lori reading them (because you know she does).  That he writes the nonsense because she such a passive aggressive controlling shrew/bitch that he does it to keep the peace.  Imagine Lori's reaction if he didn't back her up.

13 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Because she hasn't quite thought it through properly?

9 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Mar Maybe she sees something in him that can grow and learn?  My theory is that away from Lori Ken, while not perfect at all, is a different person.  I sometimes think his dooshy comments on her blog/FB, and on TFW 2.0 are geared to Lori reading them (because you know she does).  That he writes the nonsense because she such a passive aggressive controlling shrew/bitch that he does it to keep the peace.  Imagine Lori's reaction if he didn't back her up.

Sure, that’s possible. I guess I just have a hard time imagining how an independent, intelligent, (and so on) 26 year old woman would be attracted to a much older, married, very religious (and so on) man in the first place in order to even start a relationship. I just think our hypothetical woman could do better. :)

10 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I dunno. Remember, Ken thinks incest is a crime of perception. I think Natasha finds this out and dumps him. Lori's pissed--Ken's sex drive had seemed to be declining and suddenly, he wants more "loving" again. She reasons that her new organic kiwi supplements must be giving her face an attractive glow. She gets out the lube and schedules ten minutes in her planner again. 

39 minutes ago, Mar said:

It's the 'stache. Natasha/Irina has a soft spot for '70's kitchen decor & Ron Jeremy. ?

Teaching of submission 'enables' abusive men

Raped, tracked, humiliated: Clergy wives speak out about domestic violence

The danger, says Jane, comes when men claim full authority over their wives.

"Men, when they're given that amount of control, tend to abuse. If they know their wife has to obey what they want, then how easy is it for them to say, 'All I want you to do is do this, you have to do that, you have to have sex with me'? You know there's no accountability with these men."

36 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Teaching of submission 'enables' abusive men

Raped, tracked, humiliated: Clergy wives speak out about domestic violence

The danger, says Jane, comes when men claim full authority over their wives.

"Men, when they're given that amount of control, tend to abuse. If they know their wife has to obey what they want, then how easy is it for them to say, 'All I want you to do is do this, you have to do that, you have to have sex with me'? You know there's no accountability with these men."

I remember reading this article. It’s horrifying to think this is the kind of behaviour that Lori is promoting. Being a meek and submissive wife isn’t godly. It’s either postponing the day that you and your husband finally stand at 20 paces and take a shot at each other; or you are just standing around and wait for him to do it. 

Equally I hate the excuse that no man who abuses his wife is a Christian. That’s just an easy cop-out. An abuser is an abuser. 

Looney Lori should be thanking God every day for the Internet so that she has a platform for spewing her insanity day in and day out.  She can repeat, repeat, repeat her posts, her audience grows.  If one doesn't get enough reaction, she immediately follow up with something more virulent.  Her cape of martyrdom gets longer and longer.  It plays right into the endless spiral of her weird reality. 

Or her family should be thankful.  Without her virtual audience, they would be stuck listening to her craziness in a head-on attack  instead of it being deflected passive/aggressively toward them.

Ken is thin, so he actually gives me more of a John Holmes vibe.  

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Maybe she sees something in him that can grow and learn?  My theory is that away from Lori Ken, while not perfect at all, is a different person.  I sometimes think his dooshy comments on her blog/FB, and on TFW 2.0 are geared to Lori reading them (because you know she does).  That he writes the nonsense because she such a passive aggressive controlling shrew/bitch that he does it to keep the peace. 

I think you may be onto something. If you look at reviews for his business, every says he's friendly, warm, engaging. He is apparently a good speaker as he is asked to speak at a lot of conferences.  He might even be funny, I dare say.   So while he can be tiresome, I think there is some truth that he HAS to back up Lori in the manner she requires.  Gotta keep her happy.   He has shown a few glimpses (I know few and far between) that he thinks its OK for women to work (albeit when their children are older), have a college education, wear what they want, and eat Ritz crackers and spray cheese if they want (I eat pretty healthy myself, but I'd eat that in a heart beat if I had some in front of me....purely for nostalgic purposes from the college years LOL).

He's still legalistic is a lot of respects, but I wonder how he may have been had he not be yoked to Lori. 

The article Lori posted about giving your husband sex is very similar to the post I read when I first discovered her. In it I remember her saying if it wasn't for the ability to have sex men wouldn't want to marry or be with women. 

Its pretty clear Lori is in this for attention rather than ministry. She boosts the writings that she knows will be controversial and not the less controversial one. And then she allows more people to comment, especially in disagreement because it causes her followers to fight back. But for the most part I'm seeing a lot more men hanging out than there should be saying awful things and making foul comments. Even Prudent seems to be catching on to some of Lori's ways and is uncomfortable with her allowing some of these men to comment. I think Prudent will lose her place as one of Lori's favorites for daring to challenge her.  

Also an example of my first embroidered piece. I like a more minimalist artsy style over traditional, or what I'm assuming is more traditional since I don't know much about history or styles. I'm continuing to improve as I figure out stitches and such. 

image.jpeg

@Sarah I love it! Just bought (cause I don't have an artsy bone in my body) something similar -inspiration for future projects?

20181211_070613.jpg

No Vlad, she's blessed because her husband isn't a dickhead like you. Who only thinks that dishes are for the women to clean. Gracious he is an asswipe..20181210_175811.thumb.png.d4cae884fd038231dfb60f88258448cf.png

1 hour ago, elliha said:

Make an awesome chicken pot pie today and as I handled raw chicken I naturally thought of Lori. 

Was it organic chicken? Did you clean up the "chicken juice" with a norwex cloth? Did the pot pie filling look like cat yak? No? Well, then you must hate god and his ways!!

1 hour ago, Momto2Princesses said:

No Vlad, she's blessed because her husband isn't a dickhead like you. Who only thinks that dishes are for the women to clean. Gracious he is an asswipe..20181210_175811.thumb.png.d4cae884fd038231dfb60f88258448cf.png

Or maybe the "less attractive" men weren't arrogant, conceited dickheads. In any event, it's good news for Vlad. I don't think he's a showstopper, somehow.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, SuperNova said:

It's so sad to find a beautiful quilt at a thrift store. Some poor woman (or man) spent countless hours hand quilting only to have the damn thing end up at a junk shop.

I never find attractive looking quilts in a thrift store. I only find ugly ones. I appreciate that they took time to make, but if it reminds me of 1990 Grandmothers and Taste of Home cookbooks from the same era, I'm not going to waste even $3 on it. 

I'm so glad quilting is getting modernized, though! 

21 hours ago, SuperNova said:

@Briefly I love it! I wish I could wear one but every one I've ever tried to sew makes me look like a brick. I'm small but with broad shoulders for my size. It makes me sad to see how cute others look in them. 

My daughter is small and has fairly broad shoulders, it looks fine on her.  So I'm sure you will look great! ❤

Back to Natasha/ Irina for moment,  I don't think she'd be young.. If Ken had anyone she'd more likely be someone older he met through work.

Probably a 40ish divorcee, no children.  Someone who knows who she is and what she wants,. An independent woman with a career who is loving, sexy, funny, smart and adventurous. Someone fun to be around. She wants to go places and do things as well as have evenings at home with a bottle of wine.

She's well read and can call Ken out on his nonsense when needed. She makes Ken laugh at himself. She gives him a space where he can kick back and eat junk food if he wants.  She enjoys a burger or pizza for dinner as well as healthier options , But never, ever, ever, never slimey week old big salads with cat food, sauerkraut and salmonella dressing.

In other words, someone completely unlike Lori

Today, Lori's tour of her house at Christmas popped up on my Youtube, and Jeebus help me, I watched it. I was shocked, shocked I tell you, when she admitted at the 1:30 minute mark that she only cross-stitched stockings for her two eldest children. I thought we were supposed to be filling our days with sewing and handicrafts to redeem the time we would have spent gossiping and not doing what our husbands tell us to do!

I can't stand the way she speaks. I know I mention it every time there's a video but I cant help it! She sounds like a small child, no breath control, unusual pauses, easily distracted. A few things that stood out. First, she has two cats. Poor kitties. Second, she doesn't have a tree because they're "too much work". Is Ken ok with not having a tree? Did she ask her headship if he wanted one? 

This is the first year ever that I've had an artificial tree. It came in three pieces and opened like an umbrella. It's also prelit and lightweight. So easy. It took me two hours to set up the tree and decorate my house. Is Lori saying she doesn't have two hours between now and Christmas to set up something a little more festive? She's such a scrooge.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived