IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 9: He still makes my dinner come back up

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK folks, this just really, really rubs me the wrong way. I'm trying to figure out why. It's like, we don't want to use too much of our own money (and where are they getting that, anyway?) but we're more than happy to use your hard-earned money for our piece of shit engine.

I was going through our bills today and realized our RV is from 1976. It's older than me, LOL. Pretty sure it's still on the first engine. It's nothing fancy but I think we paid like  $1500 for it. For someone who doesn't work and has to sacrifice their OWN MONEY!!111!11 for their "ministry," wouldn't something like that be a little more cost effective? Just saying.

BroGary.png

12 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

OK folks, this just really, really rubs me the wrong way. I'm trying to figure out why. It's like, we don't want to use too much of our own money (and where are they getting that, anyway?) but we're more than happy to use your hard-earned money for our piece of shit engine.

I was going through our bills today and realized our RV is from 1976. It's older than me, LOL. Pretty sure it's still on the first engine. It's nothing fancy but I think we paid like  $1500 for it. For someone who doesn't work and has to sacrifice their OWN MONEY!!111!11 for their "ministry," wouldn't something like that be a little more cost effective? Just saying.

BroGary.png

What if you "prayerfully consider donating" and God tells you no? Would Gary have an answer for somebody who said the Spirit wasn't moving them to donate?

God always answers prayers, but sometimes the answer is 'stop enabling that lazy ringpiece and tell him to get a bloody job.'

I was trying to find an article about Christians and birth control and stumbled across this site. This excerpt especially jumped out at me and reminded me a of a certain someone:

We wouldn't consider it wise, for example, to pledge twice our annual income to missions organizations in faith that God will supply the extra funds. God expects us to make wise decisions according to what he has given us, and not presume upon him providing from out of the blue. Reasonable financial considerations are a relevant factor: "If anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever" (1 Timothy 5:8).

Source: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/does-the-bible-permit-birth-control

39 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

BroGary.png

Your RV is on its first engine because SATAN isn't attacking it! Bro Gary travels GODS county wrongfully preachin the TRUTH, so Satan puts weens in his engine to take ALL the money from Gary's KFC bucket.  Then Satan puts up Victoria's Secret ladyboards and uses swears all heckin up in there to bring Bro Gary down and make him stay home!

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

BroGary.png

He says he's using his own money as if that's a selfless, sacrificial act - as if we should feel sympathetic for him that he has to part with his own money.  It's totally oblivious to the fact that almost everyone else on Earth expects to support themselves.  

17 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see what he'd do if everyone suddenly stopped promising him and giving to him, with the explanation that the Lord said no.

God/Satan is an insanely useful dichotomy that fundies love to use.  By proposing BOTH a vigorous, active deity AND a vigorous, active antagonist with near deistic powers (there's a great argument that Christians are not truly monotheistic because Satan is technically an evil deity himself), they have the easy ability to explain away everything they don't like.  

If you ONLY believe in God, then everything, both things you want and don't want to hear, come from that God. 

However, if you believe in an active Satan, than everything you LIKE is the word of God, and everything that works AGAINST your desires is Satan.  I think fundies often fall into this trap, where "God's Will" is essentially "My Wants" and everything else is "Satan's discouragement from following God's will".

So what I am saying is, God will NEVER say no to Bro Gary.  But Satan might get in his way up until Gary gives up and suddenly desires to switch gears, at which point, of course, it will be God's will.  But it's all Satan until Gary is on board!

I think Gary should get that POS towed to an RV dealership and trade it in on a tow behind. He's got a semi-decent truck to tow it with, and it's easier and cheaper to repair a truck than a motor home. Trailers rarely need repair beyond tires, if they're reasonably well kept up. They can't tow that truck well behind the motor home, and with a trailer they'd be able to unhook the truck to run errands without imposing on people. They've got a camper top so could put chairs and tent in there, or if that's not enough space get a toy hauler tow behind for the extra storage. AND they could park the trailer and live in it in between "missions".

a tow behind RV would be a much better and more economical choice for them, and they might get enough from a trade in to cover most of an older, used one. They could get a small used pop-up for what the engine costs for the bus!

But no. Keep grifting for another engine for that broke down old mess. And then another when you ruin that one. Again. 

I was just doing a quick drive-by of BroHaw's FB page, and found this correction helpfully provided by a follower.

958818140_ScreenShot2018-12-07at10_19_46am.png.68a90307602b9e71d6197eb00a987dc0.png

So even his followers are stressing over his writing. 

Just for interest, this sent me off on a hunt to see which translation came from where. As the corrector states, BroHaw has got it wrong. The KJB says:

KJB Version

The closest version to BroHaw's statement is the Berean Study Bible (which I've never heard of).

Berean Study Bible

Now, I realise he's not using quotation marks, and he may be just paraphrasing, but I'm studying at the moment, and my lecturers would deduct marks for misquoting text like this. And it leads me to the question, is it actually the KJB he's reading?

Like I said, maybe I'm being too picky, but if you're going to publicly rant about the KJB, then make sure it's recognisably the KJB you're quoting from.

The RV being towed is their old POS one that they ditched to buy the bus.  And then the bus broke down ASAP.  They only have their red truck and are trying to put that grifted motor in the bus (which now has to wait till spring for some reason).  I really feel for those poor boys.  I wonder if they have slept in the truck at times?

@Katzchen24, I'm less worried about 'will' vs 'shall' than that he doesn't give any context about when and to whom everyone's knee shall/will bow and what everyone's tongue will/shall confess.  It's not a particularly clear way to reach potential converts.

It must be difficult, requiring yourself to stick to a Bible translated in difficult Elizabethan English, when you're barely literate in your own current American English.

Also - bus, motorhome, whatever it is, they should trade it in on a tow-behind. They don't have 13 children to stack in there like the Rods, so a tow-behind trailer would be a much better choice for them.

Gary, God says to be a steward of what he gave you. Start where you are! He gave you a truck. Use the truck. You don't need a bus or motorhome or anything else with an engine in it. If you got rid of those albatrosses you could get a camper trailer and tow it with the truck, and quit grifting for engines and such and actually do the Lord's work. 

I think that's what bothers me most about grifters like Gary and the Rods. They call themselves servants of God, but their grifting is always for an engine for the bus, a new car for the family, plane tickets for Timothy, buy my jury/toothpasta/plexus so I can re-do my patio/buy a new diamond ring/fix the bus I broke/buy some chairs etc. You never see them adopting a family at Christmas, or serving at a soup kitchen, or working at a food bank or homeless shelter. The Rods sometimes do "volunteer" at a crisis pregnancy center - so that center will give out their abortion pamphlet, most likely. It's always something for them, so they can "do God's work" which is apparently caterwauling and screaming at people who are already dedicated Christians. 

You might see them receiving the benefits of those things, but never actually helping OTHER people. They make the Maxwells look like saints for filling shoeboxes with plastic crap for OCC.

2 hours ago, Spinosaurus said:

@Katzchen24, I'm less worried about 'will' vs 'shall' than that he doesn't give any context about when and to whom everyone's knee shall/will bow and what everyone's tongue will/shall confess.  It's not a particularly clear way to reach potential converts.

If I was a potential convert, and ran into Bro G and his ramble, I'd actively reconsider.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Also - bus, motorhome, whatever it is, they should trade it in on a tow-behind. They don't have 13 children to stack in there like the Rods, so a tow-behind trailer would be a much better choice for them.

Better yet, buy a conversion van & a couple of nice camping tents. 
Or, you know, just get a damn job & stay in one place.

OK Folks, this is Bro Gary’s answer to a Retired Pastor who studied ministry at Carolina University, theology at Liberty University and Microbiology at ETSU.  He’s now being schooled by a graduate of nothing.  Way to go Gary.

Spoiler

4C4967EF-9BA8-4DEB-8007-5FE4D1A5215E.thumb.png.7c6e69df65163c063d7f80dcc6e1586e.png

22 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Your RV is on its first engine because SATAN isn't attacking it! Bro Gary travels GODS county wrongfully preachin the TRUTH, so Satan puts weens in his engine to take ALL the money from Gary's KFC bucket.  Then Satan puts up Victoria's Secret ladyboards and uses swears all heckin up in there to bring Bro Gary down and make him stay home!

Very Gary-esque! I barely understood a word! :laughing-rollingred:

"I can't lose it, but I believe I can forfeit it; my choice."  Isn't that the same thing?

12 minutes ago, smittykins said:

"I can't lose it, but I believe I can forfeit it; my choice."  Isn't that the same thing?

It’s a play on words a little bit, you lose something through no fault of your own, when you forfeit something you purposely give it up.  EVIL BACKSLIDER! ?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:49 AM, Dandruff said:

I may be a bit harsh...but couldn't Gary have asked Becky to review his posts?  And if he hasn't known to bother, shouldn't she have offered?

Their "prayer letters" are signed by him but DEFINITELY not written by him, so yes, he could have her write them. I don't know why they don't do the same with the "OK folks <unintelligible>" posts, but then, that's about the least of the baffling things about their lifestyle.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, Alisamer said:

Yes, this. 100% this. 

Maybe he has a learning disability. Maybe he's got low intelligence. We know he's undereducated. BUT... he's positioning himself as an authority, while at the same time his posts are so incoherent that he's actually changing the meaning of scripture. 

I don't expect everyone to be able to spell perfectly. But I do expect people who sell themselves as an authority on something to at least do a basic spell check or have someone who can spell look over their stuff! 

Spelling your OWN NAME incorrectly - on a PRINTED PRODUCT -  is beyond belief. It's not even a difficult name! I'm a decent speller, and even so I never, ever, ever send anything to print without somebody else looking it over.

As long as he's grifting instead of working, and claiming to be a preacher, I'm not going to feel bad about snarking on the Weenese. 

Literally every single thing about Bro Gary points to him being a complete idiot in all possible ways, so yeah, he just is. I don't think we should be judging people SOLELY on their writing either. I've heard of too many doctors who aren't great at spelling or grammar. And of course there are many reasons an intelligent and/or capable person could have writing skills that aren't the best. But that isn't our Bro.

One time in Kindergarten I did accidentally spell my name wrong on a worksheet and my teacher corrected it. I was mortified (not like the teacher made it any kind of issue, she just wrote the letter I left out), and that's why I still remember it to this day. I was too self-conscious. Gary, not enough. Generally, somewhere between the ages of about 5 and 45 (more towards the the "5" side), you should be bothered about misspelling your own name.

19 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

One time in Kindergarten I did accidentally spell my name wrong on a worksheet and my teacher corrected it. I was mortified (not like the teacher made it any kind of issue, she just wrote the letter I left out), and that's why I still remember it to this day. I was too self-conscious. Gary, not enough. Generally, somewhere between the ages of about 5 and 45 (more towards the the "5" side), you should be bothered about misspelling your own name.

Not really Bro. Gary related, but you did make me remember that I actually spelled my name wrong on my first ever ID. You have to sign your name on Military IDs (or at least you did then), so between the ages of 10 and 14 there was a letter missing. Think "Amnda" instead of "Amanda".  :pb_lol:  While I remember this happening, I don't remember if I was upset about it.... These days my signature is just an insane scrawl anyway, so maybe 10 year old me was just prescient.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:54 PM, keepercjr said:

The RV being towed is their old POS one that they ditched to buy the bus.  And then the bus broke down ASAP.  They only have their red truck and are trying to put that grifted motor in the bus (which now has to wait till spring for some reason).  I really feel for those poor boys.  I wonder if they have slept in the truck at times?

What is it with the spring season?  What is keeping him from working on an RV right now?  It's gotten colder? What a wimpy ween. I just binged 4 episodes of " Homestead Rescue".  Oh, Bro. Ween you are a disgrace of a man.  He wants to portray himself as a manly godly man. Above the wimmins.  Lol. Misty gets shit done in all weather. This guy. What a joke. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived