IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 9: He still makes my dinner come back up

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, catlady said:

I wouldn’t put it past Bro GHaw to be wearing kids’ ties. 

On Bro GHaw, a kid's tie wouldn't reach past his sternum.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Granwych said:

On Bro GHaw, a kid's tie wouldn't reach past his sternum.

yeah, i don't even know how long kids' ties are.  after @wallysmommy described her dad and said that his ties were of proper length, it was really just a guess on how GHaw's managed to be so off.  Mr. CL is a person of size, and his fit correctly, too.  

Couple of choice statuses from Bro Haw.

Gary, YOU DON’T HAVE A JOB! So by your own logic, do you even have a church?

Spoiler

32A38EF9-22D9-455F-8713-D1FC334E3379.thumb.png.5f8d4ba0e83d8d77b4895d7f72d9b58a.png

Gary has expanded his palate to include alligator and catfish. 

Spoiler

BD0FB459-50D1-4E00-ADD8-0248EC01BE8A.thumb.png.698a66f0127b63ce71376c02cf7d0006.png

I've had alligator in gumbo. It had the STRONGEST fishy taste I ever ate. I'd try it once more, to see if it's always like that, but I'd rather not eat something so strong. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, Coconutwater said:

I lurk on this page for the most part, I know about Becky’s kids father, where is the mother for the boys? I can’t imagine anyone being okay with this type of upbringing if they don’t believe like Gary. No school, no friends, traveling all the time, no money, or home...

Someone found Gary's kids' mom on FB somehow before. I don't remember her name or anything. She had a younger son who she apparently had custody of, and no mention of her other kids. She seemed not great, but not necessarily horrible. I'd be very curious to know the story there (and she must, in fact, be pretty bad, or why doesn't she try to do anything to help her kids live a halfway decent life? But I was just saying that from her FB, she seemed normal enough).

Hi @Coy Koi, haven't seen you post in awhile! Nice to see you back; I always enjoy your commentary on this thread!

My daughter had gator jerky in Alabama last summer and she liked it. Even if I ate meat I don't think I would want to try gator, I don't know why. Even in my omnivore days I wasn't too adventurous.

1 minute ago, PumaLover said:

Hi @Coy Koi, haven't seen you post in awhile! Nice to see you back; I always enjoy your commentary on this thread!

My daughter had gator jerky in Alabama last summer and she liked it. Even if I ate meat I don't think I would want to try gator, I don't know why. Even in my omnivore days I wasn't too adventurous.

Hello, @PumaLover! Lovely to be back! I got behind on my regular threads a few months ago and then kinda started avoiding the whole situation because that's how I am. Haha. I caught up on our Bro now, but I still have no idea what to do about Jill. I've just started reading posts from the last couple months on FB and her blog, and I want to smack her already. She sure is bothered about nobody actually having told her to have an abortion with her last pregnancy. Jilly Bean, if you send me $20 I'll tell you to make sure you never, ever procreate again, and then imagine all the non-hypothetical stuff you'll have to rail against, rather than just making shit up! No one told you to have an abortion though, so just calm your zeebs (as we would say in my home, instead of "settle your horses", because we're rather weird people).

Also, I see we're in the same position as far as being vegetarians but our daughters are meat-eaters. Mine's never tried gator, but I bet she could probably be talked into it. I was practically forbidden from becoming a vegetarian (my grandma actually told my mom to hide meat in my food and she was very serious about it) and so I just kinda figured my daughter would naturally go that way on her own eventually since she's never had much meat around. Especially because she's always loved animals so much. But nope, She's happy with vegetarian food most of the time, but she'll still have a burger or whatever.

Gator is .... not good. You non-adventurous eaters aren't missing anything. I mean, gators are basically garbage disposals themselves. Add in swampy/brackish water and .... just, no. I guess it's unsurprising that Bro Gary doesn't mind it, seeing as he's such a discriminating eater. 

I've lived in south Louisiana my entire 59 1/2 years and never knowingly eaten alligator.  My French/Creole New Orleans-born grandmother never cooked it, and my mom wouldn't touch it.  I know people who eat it-- more power to them.  I'd rather have shrimp, crawfish and raw oysters.  

Dear Gary, New Orleans and the surrounding area has enough problems.  I pray a hedge of protection around us that keeps you away.

OK Folks, Sis Becs had a wee fish on the line but she slipped the hook and gots away!  Holleruya!

Spoiler

BBBC7DD2-4C46-4D91-A3CB-3DFE2DE9A383.thumb.png.4242d5fd123955d93ba761c744b16b8d.png

Spoiler

F3A9D6D3-DABE-4106-9560-F82E5A3AD5E9.thumb.jpeg.11901e0686f1eef7ff8f8ed607cf883c.jpeg

OK Folks, Sis Becs had a wee fish on the line but she slipped the hook and gots away!  Holleruya!
Spoiler BBBC7DD2-4C46-4D91-A3CB-3DFE2DE9A383.thumb.png.4242d5fd123955d93ba761c744b16b8d.png
Spoiler F3A9D6D3-DABE-4106-9560-F82E5A3AD5E9.thumb.jpeg.11901e0686f1eef7ff8f8ed607cf883c.jpeg

I'm praying for that woman too. Probably not the same prayer Becs and Gary are though.

12 minutes ago, waltraute said:

I'm praying for that woman too. Probably not the same prayer Becs and Gary are though.

Dear Lord, let that woman have had the sense to give Becky a fake e-mail address.  Amen.

I know some people here pray, and I don't mean any disrespect to you with this, but...

Bro G and his praying friends just remind me of the old definition of prayer: 'how to do nothing and still think you're helping.'

So Gary’s ex wife lives in Louisiana now with a son who I think is 4 or 5.  Gary’s oldest, who no longer travels with them, connected with her mom, grandma, and at least 1 aunt on Facebook.  The ex wife is 38 and the oldest child is 19 or 20 so she got with Gary young.  Gary is 43 so 5 years older than her.  I have no idea why she doesn’t have at least partial custody or visitation of her kids.  And who knows what Gary has said in front of his kids about his ex so I was glad to see that they can connect at least via Facebook

12 minutes ago, Spinosaurus said:

I know some people here pray, and I don't mean any disrespect to you with this, but...

Bro G and his praying friends just remind me of the old definition of prayer: 'how to do nothing and still think you're helping.'

I'm not feeling disrespected at all.  I agree that some people do think prayer is enough.  Thoughts and prayers are really just words, it's what people do that matters.  Prayer is important, but people need to physically act as well.  Otherwise, nothing really changes.

I don't think I've ever eaten alligator.  I have had snake, though.  It was tough and I did not like it.  But shark was pretty good.  But frog legs are disgusting.

20 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Gator is .... not good. You non-adventurous eaters aren't missing anything. I mean, gators are basically garbage disposals themselves. Add in swampy/brackish water and .... just, no. I guess it's unsurprising that Bro Gary doesn't mind it, seeing as he's such a discriminating eater. 

I've had alligator a couple of times, and it was pretty mild and very tender. If it wasn't such a cliche, I'd say it tasted like chicken. But I'm sure the 'gator I had was farm-raised and tasted nothing like what a wild 'gator would taste like.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:11 AM, Four is Enough said:

I've had alligator in gumbo. It had the STRONGEST fishy taste I ever ate. I'd try it once more, to see if it's always like that, but I'd rather not eat something so strong. 

Crocodile is reportedly similar - I didn't have it but my husband did. 

18 hours ago, Briefly said:

I'm not feeling disrespected at all.  I agree that some people do think prayer is enough.  Thoughts and prayers are really just words, it's what people do that matters.  Prayer is important, but people need to physically act as well.  Otherwise, nothing really changes.

I don't think I've ever eaten alligator.  I have had snake, though.  It was tough and I did not like it.  But shark was pretty good.  But frog legs are disgusting.

I don't mind frog legs. The two times I had them they honestly were so mild that they did remind me of chicken. They almost had no flavor at all.

I’ve never had frog’s legs, but George Carlin had a bit where he said he couldn’t eat them because “I wonder what they do with the rest of the frog.  Do they give them little dollies and send them back out on the street to beg?”

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived