IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 9: He still makes my dinner come back up

HerNameIsBuffy

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ok folks looks like Gary made another spelling fail. On a book of the BIBLE no less.

I believe the Colissians were the shorter Colossians.

Or maybe that was the Colessians.

Anyway, they were less colossal, unlike Gary's long list of past spelling mistakes.

I'm actually shocked that there is nothing else misspelled in that post.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2019 at 12:18 AM, Dandruff said:

Speaking of freakish...is that a blue ribbon on the center crucifix?  And multicolor snowflakes painted on the wall?

I noticed the decor, too. I wonder if Lady Lydia would approve, or if it would need to be changed to pink with 2000% more lace to earn her approbation. :roll:

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I noticed the decor, too. I wonder if Lady Lydia would approve, or if it would need to be changed to pink with 2000% more lace to earn her approbation. :roll:

Needs more rosebuds.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:18 AM, Dandruff said:

Speaking of freakish...is that a blue ribbon on the center crucifix?  And multicolor snowflakes painted on the wall?

Okay, folks. I was just about to ask the same question. Who puts a bow on the cross?? And the rest of the decor is, well, unsightly, to say the least.

Sister Shocked

Ok folks. Either Bro Gary finally learned about dictionaries, spellcheck etc or Becky has taken over writing the FB posts. There are only a few small mistakes and I actually understand what he‘s saying. ? I remember that there have been “well written” posts every now and then but this time it’s actually several in a row. It would be kind of sad if there weren’t any more typical Bro Gary weenese posts, so I hope these are just exceptions. :pb_lol:

C3A1A182-5B1F-45BC-BD75-D85F191EF79E.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mar said:

Ok folks. Either Bro Gary finally learned about dictionaries, spellcheck etc or Becky has taken over writing the FB posts. There are only a few small mistakes and I actually understand what he‘s saying. ? I remember that there have been “well written” posts every now and then but this time it’s actually several in a row. It would be kind of sad if there weren’t any more typical Bro Gary weenese posts, so I hope these are just exceptions. :pb_lol:

C3A1A182-5B1F-45BC-BD75-D85F191EF79E.jpeg

I guess her thinks that Baptist churches are the only true churches.  Well then Gary, you are probably going to be sad to read that I finally made the leap from Southern Baptist and re-joined the United Methodist Church today!  The one we went to a few years back and I always regretted leaving.

18 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I guess her thinks that Baptist churches are the only true churches.  Well then Gary, you are probably going to be sad to read that I finally made the leap from Southern Baptist and re-joined the United Methodist Church today!  The one we went to a few years back and I always regretted leaving.

One of the last churches I attended was UMC. I liked them. When I met the pastor, I straight-up told her I was tired of going to churches run by conservative white men and hearing homophobic sermons. (Seriously, where I live, that's like 90% of churches). She assured me that wouldn't happen there, and it didn't. I left Christianity, but it was not the fault of the Methodists!

Our new Episcopal priest is gay(he'll be officially installed tomorrow), and there's a sign outside the church saying "Hate Has No Home Here" in multiple languages, including Arabic. 

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Our new Episcopal priest is gay(he'll be officially installed tomorrow), and there's a sign outside the church saying "Hate Has No Home Here" in multiple languages, including Arabic. 

those signs are all over philadelphia suburbs... we bought one for our shop. its cool to see them, but i wish there were more in the city.

These are the most common anti-hate signs around my city:

Spoiler

587659d330ced.image.png.b8d6fbc8b4c130e0ba5e7bfeafa1ef5c.png

I haven't noticed as many lately. I may just not be paying them as much attention as when they were new, I suppose. I found this sign when I was searching for anti-hate signs:

Spoiler

cat_hates_yard_sign.jpg.878816d16848b3ff487811620e839290.jpg

I wonder if that second sign would draw more eyes? :pb_lol:

OK Folks it looks like Bro’s friend is spreading some serious shade.  Bro is not self aware enough to clue in.

Spoiler

E3AB26C9-0398-4EB9-BD5D-A6BE98B537DD.thumb.jpeg.5bcff64ae8ba353f60849eb0cc4cdadb.jpeg

Word salad.

Spoiler

1D3A96CA-A785-4F1E-94B2-E3E1EFAC5D40.thumb.jpeg.45a2636298ee3341d9d679e6ba152c4f.jpeg

Also this lady is seriously having an orgasm all over a live video of them singing. It went on longer than this section

Spoiler

18203A4C-9D1A-4467-B92A-D272B9C33307.thumb.jpeg.30b7ccad0231eceb41fbbf005fb0a739.jpeg

IKR !!  Knew a woman like her in church a billionty years age, absolutely whack.  There were two of them actually, they were friends and both of them seriously needed a shower.  Not being mean, but they were truly filthy, you did not want to use a toilet after them.  Seriously gross. otherwise fairly OK people, wonder why, they both owned bathtubs, no excuse.  Sorry to babble but still not over that all these years later.  

Not the point here, but it's bugging the word-nerd in me, so - Joe Lee is really cherry-picking his definition of repent; Merriam-Webster is just about the only dictionary that includes a simple change of mind as a possible definition, and even then, it's secondary to a change of mind plus regret.  The -pent part comes from the same Latin root as penitence, so throughout the word's history, including in the 17th century, its meaning involved being sorry or regretting something.  

God "repenting" of having created man doesn't necessarily mean that He sinned in doing so; just that He realized that men kinda sucked, and decided, "welp, that was a fuckup; time to use the big watery eraser on these critters.  Oh, but that Noah guy's cool."

I love The response though. Someone asks him what he thinks a verse means and he comes back with ‘I’ll tell ya what it means! God’s coming back soon and we’d better be ready!’ Way to not answer the question weens for brains!

It's really fun listening to a Calvinist trying to explain the verse about God repenting. Since they believe everything is predestined and that God is in charge of everything, God KNEW ahead of time that he'd be drowning most of the world's population. So saying he "changed his mind" evokes some wild scrambling for explanations. I doubt Bro Gary would ever get into that level of exegesis, though.

Re the anti-hate signs: the closest ones to us are rainbow with the statement "Someone you know and love is gay." I like to nudge my husband and read it in an ominous voice. And then giggle, because I'm bi...

Ok folks I havent said that in a while so I wanted to pop in and say Haymuhn Halkerlula! 

SisCandy

waitin on snow ice or rain

On 1/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, FullOfGravy said:

This is the terrible album cover for the terrible Christian band A Matter of Pray.  Songs include Saved and Full of Gravy, Give Thanks for His Weens, A Motor in the Truck of God, and the title track, Never Turn My Back on You, Lord.

The Body of Christ - sleek swimmer's body, all muscled up and toned!

ChristianRockHard10.thumb.jpg.1b764a1a7ee79358d9dfff1032461266.jpg

Saying he wants the fine where GOD wants him.

Huh - what could that possibly mean? Has Gary suddenly started believing in Purgatory?

1453827586_brogaryfinetogetintoheaven.jpg.560243339c1194537960c87bf4f15dff.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived