IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

5 hours ago, Dru said:

Is it the same photographer she used for her wedding?

I believe so. She has done other photo shoots for Chelsy.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

No good china for me, I manage to break Corelle.  

I don't think Corelle is good quality anymore anyway. Asked for and received a set for my wedding and use them for everyday. They get dangerously hot in the microwave, even though they're supposed to be microwaveable, and when dropped they go off like little grenades, blowing shrapnel all over my kitchen. Horrible!

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@SusanAtTheLastBattle,  may I assume from your mention of 4 sets of dishes for keeping kosher that you're Jewish?  If so, Happy Hannukah!

Thank you!! ? (That emoji is so small I can't even tell if it's a chanukah menorah, but I'm guessing!)

1 hour ago, Lisafer said:

I don't think Corelle is good quality anymore anyway. Asked for and received a set for my wedding and use them for everyday. They get dangerously hot in the microwave, even though they're supposed to be microwaveable, and when dropped they go off like little grenades, blowing shrapnel all over my kitchen. Horrible!

I can assure you that Corelle is not earthquake resistant.

The Corelle I bought my parents for their 20th anniversary in 1966 was damn near bulletproof. I have Corelle, too, and it’s sturdier than most dishes, but not indestructible.

On 12/4/2018 at 5:26 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Methinks that sweet potatoes and marshmallows are not a good mix! 

Sweet potatoes are perfectly delicious roasted and then mashed with a bit of butter.  Added marshmallows are an abomination (sorry to anyone who likes the combo!)

I have a very underweight child. I would make him this recipe IF he would eat it. But how to stop myself eating it??? 
No. Probably couldn’t. I’ll have to pass. 
But anyone have any super high calorie recipes please PM me them! He’s 13kg at 4 and while not tall he’s average height. I’m skinny too but not 1% skinny! 
Does he like Milo? One of my current favourite breakfast go-tos lately has been putting Milo on top of a mild flavoured thick yogurt (usually honey, or strawberry) and having some berries on the side. Otherwise sandwiches or toast with peanut/nut butter or nutella might be good (unless he's allergic, otherwise ignore that suggestion! [emoji6])

1 hour ago, purjolok84 said:

Does he like Milo? One of my current favourite breakfast go-tos lately has been putting Milo on top of a mild flavoured thick yogurt (usually honey, or strawberry) and having some berries on the side. Otherwise sandwiches or toast with peanut/nut butter or nutella might be good (unless he's allergic, otherwise ignore that suggestion! emoji6.png)

I just (like 1 hour ago) made him some milo balls with condensed milk and Marie biscuits. He didn’t mind it but knowing him won’t eat them again. So rich and so sweet. 

17 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Chelsy and John did have a maternity photo shoot in Iowa. So that Terri Maxwell comment is even funnier now. (I don't think it's been mentioned, although forgive me if it has! It looks like it was done around Thanksgiving.)

(Not sure how this works, Chelsy's instagram is private but the photographer's is public so not sure how to link or if I should link.)

I want to see!

7 hours ago, Hane said:

The Corelle I bought my parents for their 20th anniversary in 1966 was damn near bulletproof. I have Corelle, too, and it’s sturdier than most dishes, but not indestructible.

Yes, I've heard the older sets were great! Even the Corelle we had growing up was better.

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Yes, I've heard the older sets were great! Even the Corelle we had growing up was better.

When my parents closed their vacation cabin, I inherited their Corelle--it's still going strong and I haven't broken one.

I’ve found that today’s Corelle is still sturdier than most run of the mill ceramic plates you can get from any department store. It may not be as sturdy as it used to be, but I still love it. My mom still has most of her Corelle with the green flowers. It’s a crazy common pattern from the 70s that I’m sure you’ve all seen. I did break a bowl and a plate in that pattern growing up. But I was a clumsy kid. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve found that today’s Corelle is still sturdier than most run of the mill ceramic plates you can get from any department store. It may not be as sturdy as it used to be, but I still love it. My mom still has most of her Corelle with the green flowers. It’s a crazy common pattern from the 70s that I’m sure you’ve all seen. I did break a bowl and a plate in that pattern growing up. But I was a clumsy kid. 

Does nobody else here have the issue with them exploding when they break? I've seen from online reviews that I'm not the only one. I wouldn't even be so mad if it just broke normally: but thousands of minuscule shards ricocheting across my kitchen is not fun! And they're freaking sharp: the kind of splinters that lodge in your fingers when you try to clean up.

I’m 45 I’ve spent the weekend wanting to kill myself on a fucking cource. Most of the people on it are 18, taking steroids, made myself feel fucking old, but hey I’m a fitness trainer  fuck you stevie!

53 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Does nobody else here have the issue with them exploding when they break? I've seen from online reviews that I'm not the only one. I wouldn't even be so mad if it just broke normally: but thousands of minuscule shards ricocheting across my kitchen is not fun! And they're freaking sharp: the kind of splinters that lodge in your fingers when you try to clean up.

I think it’s because technically they are closer to a glass than a ceramic. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s because technically they are closer to a glass than a ceramic. 

Stored tension due to the design, or something. Fucking dangerous, is what it is. *grumble grumble* :naughty: :my_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Stored tension due to the design, or something. Fucking dangerous, is what it is. *grumble grumble* :naughty: :my_biggrin:

They are.  I have a couple plates left from a set and love them becuase they are light and I like the shade of blue on the edge pattern but when they break it’s clear they were crafted by demons.  Those tiny shards take forever to get up and it’s dangerous af.

@JermajestyDuggar my dad had the set with the green flowers in the early 70’s.  Those are divorce dishes to me.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They are.  I have a couple plates left from a set and love them becuase they are light and I like the shade of blue on the edge pattern but when they break it’s clear they were crafted by demons.  Those tiny shards take forever to get up and it’s dangerous af.

@JermajestyDuggar my dad had the set with the green flowers in the early 70’s.  Those are divorce dishes to me.

Ha! My mom got those dishes in my parents’ divorce! I know they were a wedding present. 

About a year ago I dropped a stack of 11 newer Corelle plates on our ceramic tile. I am pretty sure the floor will never be completely free of pieces of glass. I still find them when I sweep/mop. 

Somewhere in storage I have my mom's late 70's blue flowered Corelle plates. When I was a teen thought they were the ugliest dishes ever, along with her orange and blue pyrex mixing bowls. Now I appreciate the retro vibe and wouldn't give them up. 

39 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

About a year ago I dropped a stack of 11 newer Corelle plates on our ceramic tile. I am pretty sure the floor will never be completely free of pieces of glass. I still find them when I sweep/mop. 

Somewhere in storage I have my mom's late 70's blue flowered Corelle plates. When I was a teen thought they were the ugliest dishes ever, along with her orange and blue pyrex mixing bowls. Now I appreciate the retro vibe and wouldn't give them up. 

I’m like that now too. I don’t exactly like the green flower pattern but I like the nostalgia that goes along with it. 

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m like that now too. I don’t exactly like the green flower pattern but I like the nostalgia that goes along with it. 

I like the green flower pattern if it is the same one I am thinking of. I am pretty sure my grandmother had those. I think my aunt kept them when she passed away a couple of years ago. 

My mom's plates are in storage now since we didn't take a lot of our household goods when we moved since we knew we would have limited space and that we would only be here for 3 years. But when I was using my mom's old blue flower patterned dishes I mixed in some plain white ones and some with blue lines. If I was to ever get my grandma's plates I would likely do the same, mix in another pattern or some plain plates to break it up a bit. I frequently mix my china with the china I inherited from my husband's grandmother. Luckily the patterns mix well and while I love dishes, especially older patterns I am not a huge fan of everything matching.

My grandmother had the green flower pattern. When I met my SO, he also had the green flower and I knew it was meant to be. 

I also once dropped the green flower dish in a parking lot when I was young, and it shattered like nothing else. 

None of our plates fell out of the cabinet so I still have it. Just a lack of bowls, cups, mugs, and glasses. 

I think if I were to just toss everything, I'd go get the Fiestaware in multiple colors. 

If taryn yager is the queen of photo blur, Hannah Elise is the queen of taking photos of her subjects looking at the ground. Not my fave. Chelsey looks good, John still looks like an elf from Lord of the rings to me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived