IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

I am looking forward to the 2035 Bible Bee which pits Axton Maxwell against Spurgeon Seewald. It'll be like a scriptural WWF match.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Hipster, used in a sentence describing a Maxwell, ?

The drink pour-overs and wear vests. It's their attempt at hipster-dom. lol

14 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

However, he comes out looking, I do hope that unnerving Maxwell gaze passes him by.

So do I.  Although the Bontragers' stares are almost as unnerving.  Look at the photo at the top of their family blog.  http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/  Their eyes are piercing and seem to follow you around.

Speaking of photos, we mock the Maxwells for labeling the married sons as extended family but I find the Bonts refusal to include the in-laws in their family picture almost as strange.

They are also doing some false advertising on the band web page.  Mitchell left the band a couple of years ago, Chelsy doesn't travel with them any more, and Cassidy is now performing with them instead.    https://bontragerfamilysingers.com/bio.html

This is BEC, but Cheesy* really needs to ditch that black eyeliner, especially since she lines her lower lid.  Marie Clare did a feature about brown versus black eyeliner asking the reader which looked better.  Brown eyeliner most always looks better because it's less harsh.  And very few women look good with a black line completely encircling their eyes. It make the eye look smaller.    Liz Taylor and Sophia Loren can handle that kind of black eyeliner, but then they're so beautiful anyway.

*That is due to autocorrect, but it's staying.  

On 11/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Their use of paper plates, cutlery, and napkins for a formal dinner really bugs me, not to mention how bad it is for the environment.  I understand that it's a lot of work to use real plates, silverware, and napkins for that many people, but come on,   If it were being served buffet style it wouldn't bug me as much (though yes, still bad for the environment) but for a formal, sitdown dinner, no, just no (imo anyway).

image.png.8311598fd9f867bbe0f6bbbdd10bd5f4.png

it's a special occasion, why not use your fancy stuff? You mean like the stuff in the china cabinet in the corner? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I am looking forward to the 2035 Bible Bee which pits Axton Maxwell against Spurgeon Seewald. It'll be like a scriptural WWF match.

If it doesn't end with Jim Bob crashing the stage in a crimson cult robe during Gideon Forsyth's turn and yelling "IT WAS ME, AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, AUSTIN!", I will be extremely put out. 

Don't they have a dishwasher?  Even if they don't,  many hands make light work, as the adage goes.  When we have big family dinners at my sister's house,  we all get together and clean the kitchen afterwards.  Once we had our Thanksgiving at my brother's house and we did all the dishes by hand. It was not too much work with lots of people pitching in.  (Yes, even the guys help out.)

ETA:  I just realized that it's the Bontragers, but my statement still stands.

I grew up going to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner. There were usually about sixty of us there and not a paper plate in sight. The dishes were mismatched but they were all stacked neatly on her corner cabinet for the buffet style meal. She did not have a dishwasher and my uncle always started the clean up. The other men just rotated in and out and took turns at the sink washing dishes. The men always did most of the clean up.  

Sometimes a couple of women would take a turn and I loved it when I snuck myself into the rotation because I'd stand beside a relative I didn't see often and we'd have the best time talking as we washed and rinsed those dishes. 

The drying and restacking teams came along later and it turned into another fun time of talking and laughing - men and women cleaning that kitchen. Great memories! 

I very rarely use paper plates. I always feel like I'm going to spill everything all over the floor. 

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Although the Bontragers' stares are almost as unnerving.  Look at the photo at the top of their family blog.  http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/  Their eyes are piercing and seem to follow you around.

They are also doing some false advertising on the band web page.  Mitchell left the band a couple of years ago, Chelsy doesn't travel with them any more, and Cassidy is now performing with them instead.    https://bontragerfamilysingers.com/bio.html

Wow!  I feel like I've learned more individual traits about the Bontragers from those bios than I've learned about the Maxwells from their birthday posts and bios on Titus2.  But I do wonder how they take their coffee.  :coffee:

As far as that family pic at the top of the blog goes, yikes!  Marlin's stare looks especially creepy in that picture.

I had a dozen people over for stew a while ago and rather than buy paper bowls, bought enough at Goodwill at 50 cents each to round out my inventory.  I still have them and have used them since then. They don’t take up a ton of space and if they ever do, I’ll donate ‘em back. 

13 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Wow!  I feel like I've learned more individual traits about the Bontragers from those bios than I've learned about the Maxwells from their birthday posts and bios on Titus2.  But I do wonder how they take their coffee.  :coffee:

As far as that family pic at the top of the blog goes, yikes!  Marlin's stare looks especially creepy in that picture.

I agree. That’s why Chelsy and John’s kids will all have “the eyes.” Don’t get me wrong. I bet their kids will be gorgeous. But their eyes will make us all uneasy ?

On 1/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, PennySycamore said:

This is BEC, but Cheesy* really needs to ditch that black eyeliner, especially since she lines her lower lid. 

Black eyeliner itself doesn’t bother me since that’s all I use. What bothers me is that Chelsy doesn’t seem to know how to use it. The Duggars and Jill R have the same problem. They wear it way too heavy so it looks like they used a large permanent marker. They are one step away from having raccoon eyes. Most people only wear heavy eyeliner for a nighttime event anyway. That is not really a daytime look.  I would look like a fool going into work with eyeliner that heavy. Jill Rod looks like she goes through a stick of eyeliner a week she uses so much of it.

50 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Black eyeliner itself doesn’t bother me since that’s all I use. What bothers me is that Chelsy doesn’t seem to know how to use it. The Duggars and Jill R have the same problem. They wear it way too heavy so it looks like they used a large permanent marker. They are one step away from having raccoon eyes. Most people only wear heavy eyeliner for a nighttime event anyway. That is not really a daytime look.  I would look like a fool going into work with eyeliner that heavy. Jill Rod looks like she goes through a stick of eyeliner a week she uses so much of it.

First off, @PennySycamore: I love “Cheesy” and am gonna use it. Thank you! 

JillRod in my liner-less estimation surpassed “raccoon eyes” long ago and is in Hamburglar Territory. Saddest is, she’s got her girl-children on the same path. 

The extremists’ naming conventions send me into my own private comedy con.  In addition to Stevehovah and Pharisteve, we now have the great gift of Axton Maxwell. 

And I keep thinking of some of my former work friends who used “ax” instead of “ask” and am trying to come up with a standard line to respond to questions for which I have no answer: “Let’s Ax Max!”  Or “Just ax Ax Max!”

I know, it needs work. But it’s worthy, I think. 

56 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

First off, @PennySycamore: I love “Cheesy” and am gonna use it. Thank you! 

JillRod in my liner-less estimation surpassed “raccoon eyes” long ago and is in Hamburglar  Hamberder Territory. Saddest is, she’s got her girl-children on the same path. 

Fixed that for you. : )

And I also have some southern colleagues who sometimes want to "ax me something."

[and for a little more background of the ax pronounciation: 

https://www.scpr.org/news/2013/12/03/40730/why-chaucer-said-ax-instead-of-ask-and-why-some-st/ ]

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fixed that for you.

And I also have some southern colleagues who sometimes want to "ax me something."

[and for a little more background of the ax pronounciation: 

https://www.scpr.org/news/2013/12/03/40730/why-chaucer-said-ax-instead-of-ask-and-why-some-st/ ]

Hamberder? Seriously, this is why I don’t read Twitter. 

I will fix it back, as I seriously declare this to be the apparent eye makeup  muse for many of the ladies we follow here:  

https://mcdonalds.fandom.com/wiki/Hamburglar

I think maybe you're both going for "Hamberdlar" - a grifter who serves "hamberders" at a formal meal, while wearing a bedazzled pink MAGA hat and a half-ton of wet & wild eyeliner, melted over a lighter so it'll go on thicker.

Well since we're talking about it;  I have always thought Chelsy's eyeliner looked odd. She looks like she walked off the set of a bad 50's movie about Cleopatra. 

My daughter went through an unfortunate eyeliner phase where she thought she had perfected the "cat eye;" but she was in eighth grade, excited about her  new makeup privileges and very proud of it. She has since outgrown that and learnd a more subtle and mature look. Chelsy doesn't appear to have embraced the more subtle look yet. 

This concludes my BEC comment for the day. Probably. 

I’m so glad my black eyeliner phase was pretty tame. I didn’t use much so it was hardly noticeable. I now realize dark brown would probably be best for my eyes but I don’t even bother. I rarely even wear makeup anymore. I have nothing against makeup. I think I look much prettier with makeup on. I just don’t bother since I stay at home with my kids. My kids also tell me I look weird when I put on makeup. So that’s fun...

52 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Well since we're talking about it;  I have always thought Chelsy's eyeliner looked odd. She looks like she walked off the set of a bad 50's movie about Cleopatra. 

My daughter went through an unfortunate eyeliner phase where she thought she had perfected the "cat eye;" but she was in eighth grade, excited about her  new makeup privileges and very proud of it. She has since outgrown that and learnd a more subtle and mature look. Chelsy doesn't appear to have embraced the more subtle look yet. 

This concludes my BEC comment for the day. Probably. 

I had thought that about her for a long time but when I saw the professional pics and it’s in there I looked closer ...she’s got really dark circles under her eyes that I had mistaken for smudgy eyeshadow.

15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I had thought that about her for a long time but when I saw the professional pics and it’s in there I looked closer ...she’s got really dark circles under her eyes that I had mistaken for smudgy eyeshadow.

yes, she always has those dark circles. I can't decide if her heavy eyeliner detracts from, or highlights, those circles

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

yes, she always has those dark circles. I can't decide if her heavy eyeliner detracts from, or highlights, those circles

Her dad is dark complected and has those dark circles as well. It seems to be hereditary. The thing is, there are types of makeup to cover up those dark circles (I have them too thanks to my dad). Actually now that I think of it, both of her parents are fairly dark complected and I think her mom might have some darkness around her eyes but you don’t notice because her eye makeup isn’t heavy like Chelsy’s. 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:17 AM, CyborgKin said:

Waaaaaait...

Axton is sorta their entry route getting them up to speed for having children.  So...

Ax-ton Ramp

Oh and all these bladed weapon names remind me of a fictional character named Kris Longknife.

Any Terry Pratchett fans in the audience? Remember the Low King of the dwarves, B’hrian Bloodaxe? 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My ex gets those from allergies - one of our kids does as well and a Claritin clears them right up.

Idk the source of hers but def allergies in my family.

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My ex gets those from allergies - one of our kids does as well and a Claritin clears them right up.

Idk the source of hers but def allergies in my family.

Dr Lendon Smith, the late pediatrician who was into megavitamins and generally into quackery of all types, referred to dark undereye circles as allergic shiners.  Smith was an anti-vaxxer and a Scientologist.

Brittany Spears, during her kevin federline- post-k-fed- head-shaving-days, went through an equally  terrible eyeliner and mascara phase.  It looked like she just constantly reapplied more eyeliner and mascara over old eyeliner and mascara and never bothered to ever take the old stuff off.  Like, she needed herself a good Neutrogena makeup wipe to clean off 30 layers of old clumpy mascara before she applied another two coats.  In almost all of the pictures of her circa that time, there is black makeup residue under her eyes and on her lids and it would drive me crazy (hahaha, see what I did there?) because she cared enough to put the makeup on, but it just made her look like she needed a shower.  And that's what Chelsy's eye makeup reminds me of every time I see a picture of her- Brittany Spears circa '06-'08.  There are some hard and fast makeup rules that apply to everyone: 1. More ≠ Better.  2. When possible, always start with a clean face.  

For me personally, my eyes are my best feature and are fairly big, so they are what I like to do "up" when I'm doing a full face.  I switch it up, but for eyeliner, if I line my waterline in black, I don't line my top lid.  If I line my top lid, I don't always line the bottom, but if I do, it's not on the waterline, and the liner starts out thickest in the outer corner and gets thinner as it approaches the inner corner.  Even with having decently sized eyes, I never do a full waterline and upper line in black because it makes my eyes look super small.  Chelsy is a pretty girl with nice eyes, but she needs to make her makeup work for her, not against her.  And it is better to spend $20-$30 on a decent mascara that only needs two coats than to spend $8 on a crappy mascara that requires 6 coats and then looks all gunky and clumpy and takes a vat of makeup remover to get off.      

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived