IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

Baby Axton  is very adorable. The name is not. AJ is a cute nickname but I could see him being called Ax. If Stevehovah were my FIL I would choose a name way off his list too. As far as naming babies for God we (evil) Catholics choose a Saints name usually  as a middle name. Not sure the criteria in Maxhell land. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bontragers announced his birth on their Instagram. It was pretty short. Maybe they will elaborate later on. They didn’t post any pictures of themselves with the baby so they haven’t visited yet. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sawyer, Cutter, S.Harper, Blade, Black Smith, Flint, Jagger, Archer, Carver.

Bowie. Switch. Boxcutter. Paring. and finally, lil' Shiv

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sawyer, Cutter, S.Harper, Blade, Black Smith, Flint, Jagger, Archer, Carver. 

JAGGER Maxwell--wow can't get no satisfaction from that, eh Steve?

Congratulations John and Chelsey on a cute baby. AxMax--sounds like a nickname for a celeb in the British Daily Mail or Sun!

But why are c-sections so feared and evil?

No c-section, praise be! That means more babies with no worry. ? In all seriousness, I'm happy for her not having to have a c-section. I had an unplanned c-section and the recovery wasn't easy for me. That said, I do wonder what was so traumatic about the birth. Was the labor/pushing taking so long that she got scared? I'm not well researched on homebirths. Would the midwife have a way to monitor the baby's heartbeat during labor? I guess we shall see if we ever hear more.

22 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

No c-section, praise be! That means more babies with no worry. ? In all seriousness, I'm happy for her not having to have a c-section. I had an unplanned c-section and the recovery wasn't easy for me. That said, I do wonder what was so traumatic about the birth. Was the labor/pushing taking so long that she got scared? I'm not well researched on homebirths. Would the midwife have a way to monitor the baby's heartbeat during labor? I guess we shall see if we ever hear more.

I'm glad she didn't have a c-section either! Unplanned major surgery would definitely suck. 

Midwives can monitor the heartbeat. Maybe the poor kid was in distress after a long labor or something. 

Anyway, I'm glad he's here safe. May he grow up to be an accepting, loving, FUN-loving adult who is not afraid of where he's going when he dies.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Bowie. Switch. Boxcutter. Paring. and finally, lil' Shiv

Hatchet, Dagger (twin to Jagger), Slicer, and Scalpel

@Bazinga, midwives, even at home births, can and do listen for fetal heart tones during labor.  They may use a Doppler (Dopptone) or an old-fashioned fetoscope, which works fine.  I had a fetoscope used in all my prenatal visits in my last pregnancy.  The mother doesn't hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope, but it's the midwife or OB that really needs to hear it.

The first thing I thought of when I heard the name was

Plaxton

Henceforth I think we should call him Plaxton.

Noticed Terry and Stevie have those matching puffed jackets on again....

The name brought back a scene from one of the Little House series, where Pa Ingalls participates in a charade.  He carries a couple potatoes on an ax. 

Spoiler

Commentators [common taters] on the Acts [Ax] - get it? 

6 hours ago, terranova said:

I can't decide if Axton or Spurgeon is a worse name. Next kid: Knifely, then Sawanna.

Heistheway doesn't make the short list?

33 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Bazinga, midwives, even at home births, can and do listen for fetal heart tones during labor.  They may use a Doppler (Dopptone) or an old-fashioned fetoscope, which works fine.  I had a fetoscope used in all my prenatal visits in my last pregnancy.  The mother doesn't hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope, but it's the midwife or OB that really needs to hear it.

CNMs (and possibly lay midwives, but I have never used one) also bring resuscitation equipment and oxygen to the birth in case those things are needed. CNMs carry pitocin to stop hemorrhaging. Home birth, with a qualified attendant, isn't nearly as risky as people make it out to be.

I expect it was the duration of Chelsy's labor that led to her transport to the hospital. I know that my midwives' protocol was to transport if I hadn't progressed after 10 hours of active labor.

What is it with fundies always referring to the new male offspring as "little man"?  This is a baby boy for crying out loud, give the kid a chance to be a kid.  They certainly don't pronounce womanhood on their female births.  I'm annoyed.

I kinda like the name. It sounds like a warrior/viking name.

I wonder if Chelsy liked Ashton (sounds Brittish, so it fits her love for Jane Austen) but she though it was too posh and change it to Axton. You know, a boy with Bontrager blood in his veins must be MANLY!!!  And what's more manly than an ax? Eleventy!!!!1!1!!!!!

I believe the Bontragers rubbed elbows with the Vision Forum crowd years ago; the name Axton and its purported meaning(s) would be fitting quite well with VF teachings. 

41 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

The first thing I thought of when I heard the name was

Plaxton

Henceforth I think we should call him Plaxton.

Oh Lord, memories of Uriah coming back to me. Let’s hope little Axton/Plaxton doesn’t break down as often as Uriah did. 

OK which one of you wonderful FJers is Lisa?:    

Lisa of H. says:

January 29, 2019 at 9:09 am

Praise Him–I mean that very, very sincerely. But why is a c-section evil? It’s life-saving. Praising again for safe birth for both mother and baby.

Teri Maxwell says:

January 29, 2019 at 11:29 am

Hmmm, Chelsy said she was happy she didn’t need a c-section, not that it was evil. I am guessing most moms would rather not have a c-section if it wasn’t necessary.

AxMax!

They want him to be a lumberjack. 

“Ax Maxwell swings the max ax!”

i keep thinking of Hoyt Axton. Maybe one of the Bontragers were secret fans of that secular musician. 

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Heistheway doesn't make the short list?

CNMs (and possibly lay midwives, but I have never used one) also bring resuscitation equipment and oxygen to the birth in case those things are needed. CNMs carry pitocin to stop hemorrhaging. Home birth, with a qualified attendant, isn't nearly as risky as people make it out to be.

I expect it was the duration of Chelsy's labor that led to her transport to the hospital. I know that my midwives' protocol was to transport if I hadn't progressed after 10 hours of active labor.

I was thinking that the duration, and maybe decels, was a likely reason as well. There's so many things that could have factored in. It was definitely a long labor, and that's hard on everybody involved.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I kinda like the name. It sounds like a warrior/viking name.

I wonder if Chelsy liked Ashton (sounds Brittish, so it fits her love for Jane Austen) but she though it was too posh and change it to Axton. You know, a boy with Bontrager blood in his veins must be MANLY!!!  And what's more manly than an ax? Eleventy!!!!1!1!!!!!

Or maybe, just maybe, Chelsy's been watching this season of Below Deck.  There's a very hot deckhand from South Africa on the yacht this season.  His name: Ashton.

Well that name is a mouthful.  The Bontrager blog had this which I got a giggle out of  "Axton will be very much loved by his 12 aunts and uncles, Grandparents and 2 cousins!"  A little diss in there?  

Just when I was determined to take a break from the internet, a new Maxxxwell is born...

Let’s hope Bryn and Mitchell choose a better name for their little blessing. I think they will go with something better than Axton. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived