IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 6: They're More Frightened of Her than Ashamed

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It’s as if they didn’t pronounce it a hundred times, like most expectant parents do, before they picked it. Poor kid-

Test pronunciation probably wasn't on the schedule.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using Braxton as a name just sounds odd to me, given that it’s also a type of contraction... 

We can’t really predict name patterns yet, so it’ll be interesting to see what does happen. 

I also wouldn’t wish a hard birth on anyone. Traumatic could mean anything, not necessarily a section. Maybe it was determined that forceps or a ventouse was needed, maybe the baby went into distress, or something else. 

John and Chelsy didn’t tell anyone what they were having so they didn’t tell anyone the name either. Maybe that’s the problem. Jessa and Ben didn’t tell people what they were having and therefore didn't tell anyone that Spurgeon was on the short list. If you aren’t constantly telling people the name and listening to them pronounce the name, you may not hear the problems with it. We didn’t know what we were having but I told people our boy and girl name choices each time. So people would say the names often. I could hear how people said the name and if it sounded bad for some reason. I would then have time to change my mind before the birth. 

Chelsy's post (imo) was decently written. He looks like he is already disgusted by the fact that someday he will have to hear about Grandpa's reversal.  

43 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I wonder if they pronounce it axe-ton or ash-ton? As in, Chelsy wanted to name him Ashton, but with a weird spelling.

That would be better than Axe-ton. Although having your name forever mispronounced would not.

Axton John would sound OK if his last name were Bontrager. But AxMax sounds like he's headed for a career in World Wrestling Entertainment. (Now there's something that would drive Steve crazy!)

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jessa and Ben didn’t tell people what they were having and therefore didn't tell anyone that Spurgeon was on the short list. If you aren’t constantly telling people the name and listening to them pronounce the name, you may not hear the problems with it.

I agree, in general, but not for a name like Spurgeon.  It seemed to provoke an immediate WTF reaction from just about everyone.  I suspect Jessa had the same reaction but Ben wouldn't be dissuaded.

10 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Chelsy's post (imo) was decently written. He looks like he is already disgusted by the fact that someday he will have to hear about Grandpa's reversal. 

And wear The Bib.

I've decided the name is biblical:  "Ax and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find..."

Glad that everyone seems healthy now but that sucks about the traumatic birth. As for the name, I'm not a fan at all. It just sounds so awkward. Hopefully the kid can go by AJ. But as bad as the name is, at least it is better than Spurgeon.

49 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect Jessa had the same reaction but Ben wouldn't be dissuaded.

That is why you have middle names, so you can hide the really bad one your partner loves!

As to Axton... my first thought was "Ax to the Max!" Really hope they go with AJ.

(My second thought was "Axolotl would have been cooler and continued the fish theme. Also why not John Axton? He could have been "Jammie!")

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I wonder if they pronounce it axe-ton or ash-ton? As in, Chelsy wanted to name him Ashton, but with a weird spelling.

Like how Deena Dillard named her kid Jaxon instead of Jackson? 

I don't get the trend of adding unnecessary X's to boys' names -- is it a holdover from our collective 90s/early 00s consciousness when everything was X-TREME?

16 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I don't get the trend of adding unnecessary X's to boys' names -- is it a holdover from our collective 90s/early 00s consciousness when everything was X-TREME?

Too much expresso perhaps? 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe there will be an X in all her boy names. Jaxon, Knox, Braxton, Fox. 

Ex-Lax

Earwax

Jinx

58 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I once had a neighbor who named her son Jaxsen.  Go figure.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw the name Axton in Chelsy's blog post was Axe Body Spray.  :pb_lol:

AxMax looks like his youngest auntie (the little Bontrager girl, Rebecca?).

Wish him a non scheduled childhood and a life full of FUN!!!

Axton isn’t the worst name out there but the ax bit just sounds really harsh, especially on such a small baby. AJ would be a good nickname. 

Maybe they’ll go for all A names. The only ones they wouldn’t be able to use would be Abigail and Andrew, but there are lots of other A names. 

12 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

And the birth announcement is now on the Titus2 blog!

That explains why I heard about it at the dinner table a few minutes ago.  And quickly raced over to FJ :P

Axton.  Well, that's different.

So much snark in that post. 

The baby was born to John and Chelsy. Because John is the most important person in this scenario, of course.. And besides, having a baby is just something that happens to people, not something they do. 

The main thing about the labor is that Chelsy didn't complain about it! Because going through birth should be super easy and it's only silly, ungodly women who complain about their duty to bear children. 

Ugh. 

I bet Steve is pissed at the name. Tits2 sells a download about naming babies God's way and just choosing a name that sounds nice is a no-go. But that's exactly what Chelsy and John did. I'd say good for them for just picking something they liked, but the name is so awful I can't really do that. 

Well, that answers the question about the c-section.

I am always sorry to hear someone had a rough birth. I had fairly traumatic birth with my third baby and really don't wish that on anyone.

Good news, everyone! Chelsy managed to "keep sweet" during a traumatic birth! How fortunate for all concerned in Maxhell that she didn't use any emotion to describe what she experienced!

That little bit was pretty telling. She sure as shit didn't hold back the fact that there were problems when she posted about it on her social media, and she even included reference to it on her blog. (Good for her for blogging immediately after giving birth, almost as if to say that she will blog if she wants to, regardless of her marital or maternal condition.) Yet, when she communicated with the "real" Maxwell family about the birth of their newest grandchild, she left out anything related to her feelings. And simpletons that they are, they made a point of celebrating it in their blog post, like it's a marvelous personality trait rather than a coping mechanism that Chelsy uses to deal with her emotionally repugnant in-laws. 

"Our daughter in law called us from the hospital and told us the bare minimum because we can't be trusted with anything more! Isn't she THE SWEETEST??!!"

No C-Section! Vaginal delivery with unspecified trauma. Poor baby. I wouldn't wish a traumatic birth on anyone, but hopefully, the memories of whatever happened will cool Chelsy and John's ardor for a few extra months before the next round of fruitfulness.

And I don't hate the name Axton, though it's not the greatest with "Maxwell". I'll show myself to the prayer closet.

I can't decide if Axton or Spurgeon is a worse name. Next kid: Knifely, then Sawanna.

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I bet Steve is pissed at the name. Tits2 sells a download about naming babies God's way and just choosing a name that sounds nice is a no-go. But that's exactly what Chelsy and John did. I'd say good for them for just picking something they liked, but the name is so awful I can't really do that. 

What on earth does "naming babies God's way" mean?

I'm thinking "completely make up something that has a nice translation from Hebrew," because that's how God names people. "Your name isn't Abram anymore, it's Abraham because you will be the father of a great nation." "Name your kid Ishmael, because God has heard your affliction." "Sarah will have a son and you should name him Isaac" because Sarah laughed. "Your name isn't Jacob anymore, it's Israel because you wrestled with God." (very rough translations are mine)

53 minutes ago, meee said:

What on earth does "naming babies God's way" mean?

I'm thinking "completely make up something that has a nice translation from Hebrew," because that's how God names people. "Your name isn't Abram anymore, it's Abraham because you will be the father of a great nation." "Name your kid Ishmael, because God has heard your affliction." "Sarah will have a son and you should name him Isaac" because Sarah laughed. "Your name isn't Jacob anymore, it's Israel because you wrestled with God." (very rough translations are mine)

It would seem so, but I think it's code for "only pick names from the Bible and pray and pray and pray about those names". 

2 hours ago, terranova said:

I can't decide if Axton or Spurgeon is a worse name. Next kid: Knifely, then Sawanna.

Sawyer, Cutter, S.Harper, Blade, Black Smith, Flint, Jagger, Archer, Carver.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived