IGNORED

Dillards 70: Their Behavior Is Always Pretty Weird

HerNameIsBuffy

If they actually eat the way that Jill shows on her blog, when/if Derick's metabolism slows down; he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

If they actually eat the way that Jill shows on her blog, when/if Derick's metabolism slows down; he's going to be in for a rude awakening.

I did the math on the sodium content in that cream of salt casserole Jill posted. Who wants to figure out the fat and sugar content of cinnamon rolls that are 65% frosting?

8 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Who wants to figure out the fat and sugar content of cinnamon rolls that are 65% frosting?

please don't do that.  im considering making a bowl of icing, no pesky cinnamon rolls getting in the way!

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

please don't do that.  im considering making a bowl of icing, no pesky cinnamon rolls getting in the way!

Ew! That's the worst part of cinnamon rolls!

I think Jill’s pan might have been too small for the recipe. The icing that was supposed to go down the sides of the rolls is staying on top. Some recipes have icing that soaks into the rolls, so they might have looked less shocking if she had taken the photo later.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I have never had a cinnamon roll.

I've made pecan rolls (lots of cinnamon) that have driven men to fall desperately in love with me.

I don't make them anymore.  Too risky.

I actually hit up her blog to check the recipe. Yes, it's decadent. But it's not any more or less decadent than any of the other recipes I've seen for cinnamon rolls. It's a treat. She never said she's serving it up for dinner. We eat homemade cinnamon rolls every holiday for breakfast. If I was in the middle of finals and someone made me cinnamon rolls, I would be forever grateful. And I think icing is the best part. There I said it. #teamicing  ***Also, I am defending Jill. What is this strange sensation I am feeling? ?

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've made pecan rolls (lots of cinnamon) that have driven men to fall desperately in love with me.

Well Damn. I'm intrigued. I really like pecans. 

I would like to make the ATK's recipe for the ultimate sticky buns for Christmas morning, but, since it'll be just my husband and me, I probably won't.

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

And I think icing is the best part. There I said it. #teamicing  ***Also, I am defending Jill. What is this strange sensation I am feeling? ?

ikr?  Let's go get some, I like the way you think!

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You're missing nothing.  That nasty icing ruins what might be a nice cinnamon sweet bun. 

Pecan sticky buns OTOH... awesome!

2 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I would like to make the ATK's recipe for the ultimate sticky buns for Christmas morning, but, since it'll be just my husband and me, I probably won't.

It's Christmas morning! I say make them, and enjoy them. You can always freeze the extra or eat them throughout the week! ??

I once made cinnamon rolls with strips of bacon in them. They were delicious, and didn't need frosting. When I do have frosting on cinnamon rolls, I like it to be a cream cheese frosting, creamy and slightly tangy, but not overly sweet.

Cinnamon rolls seem like more of a study break snack like the pies I made in college when I had big midterms. Also, I'd eat at least that much icing, but I usually make mine with caramel and nuts

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

we could share. :) 

You eat the icing, I'll eat the rolls. EVERYONE WINS!

9 hours ago, patsymae said:

Am I the only one who didn't recognize this as cinnamon rolls? What I know as cinnamon rolls is raised dough sprinkled with cinnamon, rolled up, cut into rolls, laid out flat, (not a cookbook writer or even much of a cook so not sure if I'm describing this right), then after they are baked topped with a glaze and maybe some nuts.

She went full Cinnabon or Costco. They do that. Some grocery stores around here do too. They are delish but I always scrape a ton of frosting off.  I leave more if the glaze is cream cheese based.  With cawffee? Ta die foaw! ( I can't not get NY when saying that kinda stuff!)

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I need you to though. For real. Because I care. ❤

Back to the landfill right next door: I worked for WM for a while, and I have to tell you, between the recycling facilities and the landfills - the landfills were my favorite to visit.

The smell is kept down by "deodorant" that is flowing like vanilla scent does thru Disneyland. Many, many other WM facilities stunk worse than the landfills.

Hawks and their handlers are kept at the top of the fill, waiting to chase off pesky varmints.

The entire build process from the ground up is pretty impressive.  

That is all.

35 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

She went full Cinnabon or Costco. They do that. Some grocery stores around here do too. They are delish but I always scrape a ton of frosting off.  I leave more if the glaze is cream cheese based.  With cawffee? Ta die foaw! ( I can't not get NY when saying that kinda stuff!)

I need you to though. For real. Because I care. ❤

I've never had a standard pastry either...just not my thing. Recently,I did have a taste of an apple fritter, which was delish. I do like chocolate old fashioned donuts and buttermilk bars.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Share, please. Icing is unhealthy but I’ll eat some. With a spoon. Out of the bowl.

I’ve never done that with icing before, but I have with cookie dough (fuck the CDC warnings)

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Well now you have to share that!!! I need to give a man some sort of reason to love me. #forevralone 

Here's my recipe: (copied from the BBC, not even going to pretend it's an old family secret.) 

Ingredients

500g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting

7g sachet fast-action dried yeast

300ml milk

40g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature

1 egg

vegetable oil, for greasing

For the filling

25g unsalted butter, melted

75g soft brown sugar

2 tsp ground cinnamon

100g dried cranberries

100g chopped dried apricot

For the glaze

50g caster sugar

For the lemon icing

zest 1 lemon

200g icing sugar

Put the flour and 1 tsp salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the yeast. Meanwhile, warm the milk and butter in a pan until the butter melts and the mixture is lukewarm. Add the milk mixture and egg to the flour mixture and stir until the contents come together as a soft dough (add extra flour if you need to).

Tip the dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead for 5 mins, adding more flour if necessary, until the dough is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky.

Lightly oil a bowl with the vegetable oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn until covered in oil. Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.

For the filling, knock the dough back to its original size and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it into a 1cm-thick rectangle. Brush all over with the melted butter, then sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and fruit.

Roll up the dough into a tight cylinder, cut into 9 x 4cm slices and position on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between. Cover with a tea towel and set aside to rise for 30 mins.

Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Bake the buns for 20-25 mins or until risen and golden brown. Meanwhile, melt the glaze sugar with 4 tbsp water until syrupy.

Remove from oven and glaze. Set aside to cool on a wire rack. Once cool, mix the zest and icing sugar with about 2 tbsp water to drizzle over the buns. Serve.

It's weird, 95 % of the things Jill posts on her blog or instagram works with the thread title "Their behavior is always pretty weird" as a caption. 

My mom makes cinnamon buns in the shape of a Christmas tre. And puts on a few cherries for ornaments. The icing looks like snow. We have it for brunch on Christmas morning. 

We've moved on a bit from this discussion, but Jill's at at the TTH when JimBoob is NOT. Furthering my (probably wrong) assumption that she is persona non grata with JimBoob, likely because of Derick's actions. But the fact is that she's there, JB isn't, AND she's wearing jeans.... Trifecta. lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived