IGNORED

Dillards 70: Their Behavior Is Always Pretty Weird

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That's obviously their Cross Church duplex kitchen. This photo adds to my theory that they're definitely on the "outs" with the rest of the Duggar clan. 

And for all the squick of the turkey leg wank, I'm gonna BEC over that stovetop. Those drip pans didn't get THAT dirty from one day's cooking. Yuk.

And yeah - I BEC'd over Jessa's filthy house too so...

I was about to BEC all over the drip pans, too. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and also a fire hazard.

29 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Derick, if you spent less money on TVs just because you are so smart, you wouldn't have to grift and beg other people for money. 

Pretty sure he didn't buy a TV - I'm thinking that was a slam against people who DO spend $$$ on "unnecessary" things.

7 hours ago, Kailash said:

It really is weird. Who holds a turkey leg like that? Maybe he thinks it looks like a weapon? ?

looks to me like he was going for a Henry the 8th thing.

2 hours ago, justmissedquiver said:

I was about to BEC all over the drip pans, too. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and also a fire hazard.

Thank you! I wanted to say something but didn't want to be the first. They never care about the details of their pictures. Just snap and put that shit out there. I'm tired of all of them and wish they would go away.

Just now, JDuggs said:

Does Derick’s turkey leg win the “next offensive social media post” in the Duggar prediction competition? Yuck.

It's weird but how is it offensive?

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Does Derick’s turkey leg win the “next offensive social media post” in the Duggar prediction competition? Yuck.

Some may see it as a dick move... 

Good point about this photo probably being taken at their home, definitely does not look like it was taken at the TTH. Even though Derick is surely in the thick of studying for finals, it's not like they live far from Duggarland... Maybe the Duggars didn't do a big Thanksgiving dinner this year? Jessa posted a photo with a relative from Ben's side of the family.

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don’t understand the reference. Care to educate me? ?

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe he's just got dick on the mind and wanted to share it. 

He probably wants dick in his hand and wishes said dick was as big as the turkey leg.

3 hours ago, justmissedquiver said:

Same here.I noticed that before I did the way he is holding the drumstick.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Pretty sure he didn't buy a TV - I'm thinking that was a slam against people who DO spend $$$ on "unnecessary" things.

...like two international moves, a pointless "ministry" program, and law school when you have three mouths to feed? 

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

That's obviously their Cross Church duplex kitchen. This photo adds to my theory that they're definitely on the "outs" with the rest of the Duggar clan. 

And for all the squick of the turkey leg wank, I'm gonna BEC over that stovetop. Those drip pans didn't get THAT dirty from one day's cooking. Yuk.

And yeah - I BEC'd over Jessa's filthy house too so...

So he was jerking I mean holding that turkey leg in their church? But he has bare feet??!! What in the world is going on in that photo? 

Also, Jill posted pie recipes and they are completely normal. Way to go, JillyMuffin!

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It looks like the kind of range found in a rental, but why would it be the Cross Church Duplex? The address I have for them is 20 minutes from Cross Church. It does look like a duplex, though. 

Other interesting, not related fact. Derrick is registered as a republican, but Jill is unaffiliated. 

11 hours ago, Kailash said:

It really is weird. Who holds a turkey leg like that? Maybe he thinks it looks like a weapon? ?

Children at state fairs. 

I didn't even think about them not being at The Big House (so fitting when they call it that on CO). I saw Joy is with her in laws like Jessa. Maybe the couples have more freedom to pick where they want to go.  If they do Christmas on there own I would be a little suspicious though of some bad blood. Or maybe they are filming for CO and can't have Wreck there.

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree, but interestingly this is one of the "Mandela effects" where people remember a painting of Henry VIII holding a turkey leg that way but such a painting doesn't actually exist. http://www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com/painting-of-henry-viii-holding-a-turkey-leg/ It has become part of the image of Henry VIII and been parodied quite a few times. For example,

The-Simpsons-Homer-as-Henry-VIII-300x205

8 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I didn't even think about them not being at The Big House (so fitting when they call it that on CO). I saw Joy is with her in laws like Jessa. Maybe the couples have more freedom to pick where they want to go.  If they do Christmas on there own I would be a little suspicious though of some bad blood. Or maybe they are filming for CO and can't have Wreck there.

With so many of the older kids married, especially with many of the spouses coming from different areas - the Duggar’s might just have their big Thanksgiving on a different day. Or alternate years where they host at TTH, and the married kids go elsewhere. That would seem to make sense. The running around to multiple Turkey dinners in one day is a huge PITA

My guess is that the Duggars are filming Thanksgiving, possibly including some pregnancy reveals, so the non-cast families are elsewhere. Derick might be prioritizing studying, so he wants to limit Thanksgiving to immediate family at home.

An immediate-family Thanksgiving at my house would be barefoot, so I’m not snarking on that, but why does his foot look so dark?

Maybe the Dillards’ permanent thread title should be “Still Pretty Weird.”

Congratulations Derick, you didn't buy a tv. That makes you just as smart as the other millions of people who didn't buy a tv that they didn't need. Contrary to your own stupid opinion, most people are not running out to buy tvs that they don't need. There are quite a few people who don't buy anything Black Friday, it does not make you special.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

He probably wants dick in his hand and wishes said dick was as big as the turkey leg.

There's a joke in here somewhere about choking the chicken & his grip on that turkey leg ... 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived