IGNORED

Dillards 70: Their Behavior Is Always Pretty Weird

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Dillards 70 - Their behavior is always pretty weird

I figured it was ebil autocorrect. I have far more edits than necessary due to my inability to catch stuff while typing on the fly. ?

Hey, I unintentionally figured out how to quote from one thread to the next! cool :)

On 11/11/2018 at 6:41 PM, grandmadugger said:

Preztel salad - graham cracker crust but use pretzels instead. Next layer is a cream cheese layer, kind of like the knockoff cheesecake recipe above. Top all of that with strawberry jello. 

I've had that at potlucks... it's kind of addicting, lol. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:29 AM, PennySycamore said:

I don't think they do either and frankly, I don't think many Yanks do.  I know I didn't until I took Western Civ at Furman 20 years ago.  Just one example:  The Battle of the Somme lasted from January -November 1916 and there were over 600,000 Allied casualties and about that same number of German casualties.  How horrid that so many young men lost their lives!

Kurt Vonnegut believed that we should go back to calling Veteran's Day Armistice Day , not to dishonor those who served but to better commemorate the cessation of hostilities.  

I'll admit, I didn't know as much as I thought I did. I think WWI is sort of glossed over in school, and WWII gets most of the learning time. At least that's what my experience seems like. I'm taking a WWI History class this semester, and I'm learning SOOO much... There's a YouTube channel that has been doing videos for the 100th anniversary that is really good, my professor has us watching some of them for class

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

On 11/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yep, and this is the type of car seat I rode in:  

090618history-of-car-seats.jpg

Edit:  in the FRONT seat, between my parents. lol

My dad is the youngest of 5, born in 1959, and the only one who had a car seat- that's the kind he had. I think those were more just to keep the kids out of the way, lol.

4 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

Hey, I unintentionally figured out how to quote from one thread to the next! cool :)

I've had that at potlucks... it's kind of addicting, lol. 

I'll admit, I didn't know as much as I thought I did. I think WWI is sort of glossed over in school, and WWII gets most of the learning time. At least that's what my experience seems like. I'm taking a WWI History class this semester, and I'm learning SOOO much... There's a YouTube channel that has been doing videos for the 100th anniversary that is really good, my professor has us watching some of them for class

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A

My dad is the youngest of 5, born in 1959, and the only one who had a car seat- that's the kind he had. I think those were more just to keep the kids out of the way, lol.

It kind of was too in my middle and high school history classes. We learned about WWI always in how it lead into WWII and then learned about WWII. My friend and I looked it up on our own (we were both really into history) that we learned about different battles, who all fought in the war, how many died, the weapons used and other details. If not for that we'd probably only know that there was WWI, it lead to WWII and everyone called it the Great War and War to End All Wars which the latter will never not be funny and depressing at the same time. Our history classes always just talked about the big stuff like Revolutionary War, Civil War, and WWII or if it was World History then English history, Revolutionary War, Civil War and WWII. Occasionally, they'd throw in a little about battles with Native Americans that depended on the teacher and the accuracy also depended on the teacher.     

Sorry I don't know how to link, but dayum that's a weird Thanksgiving photo Derick posted on his IG.  Is it just me or is it bizarrely phallic?  

Meanwhile Jill and the boys are out walking.  

52 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Sorry I don't know how to link, but dayum that's a weird Thanksgiving photo Derick posted on his IG.  Is it just me or is it bizarrely phallic?  

Meanwhile Jill and the boys are out walking.  

Here is Derick's post. That is indeed incredibly strange!

Looks like they weren't at the TTH...

10 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

How did you do it?

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

How did you do it?

I had a multi quote going on the other thread, and by the time I'd finished reading, it was closed, lol. When I clicked the link to the new thread, my multi quotes followed me here :)

Wrecks weird turkey leg pic...I feel like it should have a NSFW warning. I'm part cackling cause I had a shitty morning and need a good laugh, and part icked out.

1939829C-97FD-4650-97FA-DAA641D41D58.jpeg

Maybe he'd just ripped it off or something? It seems strangely intense. Perhaps he has competition and won the turkey leg?

I mean, my niece screams "dibs on drumsticks" if fried chicken is mentioned or a commercial airs for it. Watching the KFC space ship simulator episode of Community with her was interesting. ? 

Talk shit about Black Friday all you want, Derick, but as much as the orgy of consumerism displeases me, I got my all-time favorite mascara for a pretty good fraction of what I usually pay for it. 

I don't know of any 8 grand tvs but the one and only time I went shopping on BF I got a great deal on a tv that I'm still loving 11 years later. #boughtnewandsavedtherest 

Oooo WW1 thread drift!  I've spent years researching the July-November 1916 Somme offensive, and managed to go to the centenary remembrance service in France at Theipval in 2016. It as such a grey and dingy kind of day, but when the minutes silence started, the sun came out and the birds started singing.. it was beautiful. 

On my trip this year to Frise and Albert, I learnt that JRR Tolkien fought there and that the vast water ways of the Somme was inspiration for the dead marshes in LOTR. 

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Oh yes derick you’re sooooo smart and special. 

But seriously. Can you be nice, like, just one time?

AD3CD1E6-89EB-4B13-A035-04D140D243A1.thumb.png.53a324a28f0b0d1353b828e96d3a64ed.png

Hey Derick, I agree that for a person with a family to support , no discernible job and tuition payments, it IS best that YOU are not out buying anything. Frankly, without your wife's family money you'd be on welfare. Most people are smarter, more responsible and harder working than you. Zip it!

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

That picture disturbs me deeply...

Ya me too.  It's a holiday food pic that doesn't have much to do with the holiday. Where's the context? Where's the rest of the feast, however modest? Where's the family?  Is your Thanksgiving post seriously all about you and your huge know-it-all brain?

Oh and that bare foot? Ew. The knife?  Eek.  The phallic overtones? SMH

Been a while since I've had time to keep up with the Dills but I'm so glad I checked in just in time to see Wreck's Turkey Leg Death Grip.

Now that Derick is in law school November is probably a not-so-fun time for him. Exams at my school were basically right after the Thanksgiving holiday so most of my fellow students would not go home for Thanksgiving. I always got together with my family and would just make an effort to study a little extra before the holiday, though. I was definitely in the minority on that. Basically the entire month of November comprised of studying for finals (and trying to stay afloat in the last couple weeks of classes). One of my favorite parts of post-law school life is being able to enjoy the lead up to Christmas like a normal person.

That's obviously their Cross Church duplex kitchen. This photo adds to my theory that they're definitely on the "outs" with the rest of the Duggar clan. 

And for all the squick of the turkey leg wank, I'm gonna BEC over that stovetop. Those drip pans didn't get THAT dirty from one day's cooking. Yuk.

And yeah - I BEC'd over Jessa's filthy house too so...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived