IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

Afterthought: Tori might have a higher chance of private Christian school, since her husband works for one. Schools of that size generally offer greatly reduced or free tuition to staff.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

BEC: Whitney really has a tendency to go way over board with the matching outfits. It’s nice when they work together harmoniously but putting everyone one into the same colours is a bit outdated. Why not get some variations in the red department?

But anyhow, she is a master to make her family look perfect without being too annoying. That is impressive when you take into account that she doesn’t post „real parenting“ stuff like Erin and Alyssa do from time to time. Her looks are always perfect. 

• Upvote 7

On 12/23/2018 at 10:52 PM, onyourwayhome said:

I don’t think Alyssa or Whitney will choose anything other than homeschooling and I can’t for the life of me figure out why people keep saying they will. I expect they will use Abeka, which is very popular with small Christian schools and homeschoolers...

The theory of private schooling doesn’t take into account these are one income families with multiple kids. I don’t believe for a second that Alyssa has $15-$45K a year to spend on elementary school for three kids (and we know she is very likely not done).

I agree. Rep. Webster is a huge advocate for homeschooling--as long as he is serving in Congress, I don't believe Alyssa can get away with anything other than homeschooling.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

On 12/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Zach looks like a major creeper in that first photo. Damn. 

His eyes remind me of Nathan Maxwell's eyes. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

His eyes remind me of Nathan Maxwell's eyes. 

This is what I see

O5bTdgA.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

Zach has 2 kids at age 30 which seems pretty normal. Does anyone know how many kids his parents had at age 30? 

I do realize Whitney is younger and could have a lot more kids, I was just curious.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Zach has 2 kids at age 30 which seems pretty normal. Does anyone know how many kids his parents had at age 30? 

I do realize Whitney is younger and could have a lot more kids, I was just curious.

Huh, this is an interesting question! It made me curious as well, so I went and looked it up. Gil was 30 on January 1st, 1995 and Kelly was 30 on October 26th, 1996. It looks like by the time Gil was 30 they had six kids, and by the time Kelly was 30 they had seven, going on eight, kids.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Huh, this is an interesting question! It made me curious as well, so I went and looked it up. Gil was 30 on January 1st, 1995 and Kelly was 30 on October 26th, 1996. It looks like by the time Gil was 30 they had six kids, and by the time Kelly was 30 they had seven, going on eight, kids.

Thank you for figuring that out!  

My god 6-8 kids by age 30, that is insane.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

Thank you for figuring that out!  

My god 6-8 kids by age 30, that is insane.

I got curious and looked for the Duggars. JimBob was 30 in July of 1995 and Joseph was born six months earlier, meaning they had seven kids. Michelle was 30 in September 1996 and Josiah was born a month prior, bringing their total to eight kids. So right around the same amount as the Bateses.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

Hmmm. So which couple (so far) of second generation fundies had the most kids by age 30?

And who do we think will set a new record?

9 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Hmmm. So which couple (so far) of second generation fundies had the most kids by age 30?

Most of them aren’t yet 30. Josh is 30 and has 5-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Christopher and Nathan Maxwell both have 5 (1 on the way) but they're closer to 40.

anyone want to do the math on John and Esther Shraeder?

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Alyssa is 24 with 3 kids already, she has 6 or so years to go, I can easily see her with 6 kids when she is 30.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Christopher and Nathan Maxwell both have 5 (1 on the way) but they're closer to 40.

anyone want to do the math on John and Esther Shraeder?

So I thankfully know next to nothing about the Shrader’s, but based off nothing but this phenomenal photo:

EB22F79D-39BE-4F1E-87D2-93CB28C0671A.jpeg.83a378789be453249090be8b00cf6039.jpeg

And their FundieWiki page, it appears they had four kids when John turned 30 and six with a seventh on the way when Esther turned 30. So a little slower than the Duggars or Bateses, but not by much. 

And total side note, but I had the unbelievable urge to just punch the screen when I saw John’s face. He just looks like a massive douchebag. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

He just looks like a massive douchebag. 

You picked the perfect word to describe John-Boy. If you went back and read all the old threads, I can guarantee you would want to punch his face many times.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Alyssa is 24 with 3 kids already, she has 6 or so years to go, I can easily see her with 6 kids when she is 30.

I took a look at Erin’s record too. She’s been married exactly 5 years and 2 months as of today and she turns 30 in May of 2021. In the time they’ve been married, Erin has been pregnant at least five times, though I suspect that number is actually low and she’s had six or seven pregnancies.* Of those pregnancies she’s had three live (very) late pre-term births and several miscarriages, at least one which required a D&C. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Erin is close to the five kid mark by the time she’s 30, though I hope that isn’t the case. She seems more frazzled now that they have three kids (pretty understandable to be honest.) And it’s good for any woman to allow her body at least a year to recover and rest between pregnancies as well, especially if she’s hoping for a large family. 

*I think I read somewhere that 3 losses is when Doctors start to really investigate why a woman/couple is having trouble sustaining pregnancies, but it likely depends on the individual woman and the Doctor. Erin has had a minimum of five pregnancies so far though, so it’s very possible she could be expecting number five by the time she turns 30.

• Upvote 6

I agree Erin could have 2 more over the next 2.5 years. I singled out Alyssa because of her age, her uncomplicated pregnancy/birth history and how close together her kids are.

She is 3 years younger than Erin and seems to be most on pace with her mother in the baby race.

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 9

If I wanted to make some $, I'd put it on Kendra and Joe Duggar to have the most kids by 30, among the 2nd generation.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And total side note, but I had the unbelievable urge to just punch the screen when I saw John’s face. He just looks like a massive douchebag. 

Yep, another fine example of Pa Keller's handiwork.

• Upvote 14

The Bates fam and Zach and Whit's instagrams are all hyping up tonight's episode, which is the vow renewal. Based on her writing's about it, I suspect that if they are pregnant with #3, they are saving the announcement for tonight. And I think SOMEONE will announce a baby tonight, even if it's not them. 

• Upvote 2

See, I was kind of thinking there must not be any announcements to make, because otherwise they'd be teasing that to bring in the viewers. That said, I would not be surprised at all if she were pregnant with #3 (or if someone else had a pregnancy announcement, though it might kind of suck to do that tonight for Whitney's vow renewal episode).

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It's also possible that one or more are expecting but they aren't ready to announce yet. It seems like they typically wait until they are 3 months along or more.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic