IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

On 4/14/2019 at 5:06 AM, albireo said:

Rachel Wissmann Busenitz posted the other day about spending "intentional time" with your kids every day, which apparently in her world means memorizing Bible verses. She posted about Kendrick, who's not yet 4, reciting a psalm. Sharia Hale got inspired and did the same thing with her younger kids. Did all of the fundies decide to get back into memorization within the past week all of a sudden?

I guess it’s an all time favourite and just a new round of bragging about it. The younger the child and the longer the verse the more Jesus loves you, you see.

• Upvote 5

Zach, Whit, and the kids were at Gil's church on Sunday for the dedication.  I wonder if that means they attend there regularly.  Probably, since Zach is the headship and doesn't have a reason to go somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Zach, Whit, and the kids were at Gil's church on Sunday for the dedication.  I wonder if that means they attend there regularly.  Probably, since Zach is the headship and doesn't have a reason to go somewhere else. 

Erin was there as well. I’m thinking either they’re switching to Gil’s Church or they were just helping out/showing support at the first real service there - Whitney and Erin had video on their stories of Zach and Erin playing piano together at the Church.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think Zach may work a decent amount of Sundays and Whit likely has some stuff to do on Sunday’s for her realtor job so it’s unlikely they are regular Sunday churchgoers.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Zach may work a decent amount of Sundays and Whit likely has some stuff to do on Sunday’s for her realtor job so it’s unlikely they are regular Sunday churchgoers.

I do think Zach misses sometimes for his job, but I'd be pretty surprised if Whit and the kids don't go regularly. I just can't imagine fundies not going to church without a really good reason, and I don't think Whit's job would be a good enough reason. 

The only thing that makes me think Whit and the kids haven't been attending Gil's church regularly is that we haven't seen any other Sunday church pics with the kids and Lawson. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 11

1 minute ago, lumpentheologie said:

I do think Zach misses sometimes for his job, but I'd be pretty surprised if Whit and the kids don't go regularly. I just can't imagine fundies not going to church without a really good reason, and I don't think Whit's job would be a good enough reason. 

Fundies are pretty notorious for homechurching so she could probably say she was worshipping at home.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies are pretty notorious for homechurching so she could probably say she was worshipping at home.

She might, but fundie homechurch seems to need an adult penis-holder to lead it, so Whit doing it herself would be strange. I guess she could just do a Sunday school type thing for the kids, and then she and Zach could do an adult homechurch when he gets home. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

She might, but fundie homechurch seems to need an adult penis-holder to lead it, so Whit doing it herself would be strange. I guess she could just do a Sunday school type thing for the kids, and then she and Zach could do an adult homechurch when he gets home. 

Whit didn’t grow up fundie so I feel like she would be the only one in the Bates family not shamefully guilted into church every Sunday. If she goes to church, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more valuable to her as a social gathering. Whit and Zach really are the least fundie in the Bates family. But I still wouldn’t call them non-fundie. As the oldest, Zach may have a hard time letting go of all the fundie garbage he’s grown up with. Or at least it’s going to take more time for him to let most of it go. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Whit didn’t grow up fundie so I feel like she would be the only one in the Bates family not shamefully guilted into church every Sunday. If she goes to church, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more valuable to her as a social gathering. Whit and Zach really are the least fundie in the Bates family. But I still wouldn’t call them non-fundie. As the oldest, Zach may have a hard time letting go of all the fundie garbage he’s grown up with. Or at least it’s going to take more time for him to let most of it go. 

I don't know. Whitney's adoptive father was a Baptist minister. She wasn't raised Duggar-level fundie, but by all appearances she also wasn't exactly raised by sex positive, Bernie supporters either. I'd bet she was in church every Sunday growing up.

And plenty of general issue conservative Christians, especially in the South, who attend church every Sunday. I work with people who are pro-choice and don't believe in evolution and are still in church every Sunday, barring illness or catastrophe.

• Upvote 10

Whitney didn't grow up fundie, but she's got shades of it in her. She is still talking the talk - probably to keep Kelly Jo happy or satisfied that Zach married her. The family that raised her as a teen was certainly evangelical bordering on fundie. When she speaks she has the lingo of journey, God's plan, fellowshipping, etc. 

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I don't know. Whitney's adoptive father was a Baptist minister. She wasn't raised Duggar-level fundie, but by all appearances she also wasn't exactly raised by sex positive, Bernie supporters either. I'd bet she was in church every Sunday growing up.

And plenty of general issue conservative Christians, especially in the South, who attend church every Sunday. I work with people who are pro-choice and don't believe in evolution and are still in church every Sunday, barring illness or catastrophe.

The area where the Bates live is very much like that. People will meet you and ask you where you go to church in the same breath. And no, Whitney's work wouldn't keep her from attending. There are people in that area who wouldn't use that realty company if she or anyone there dared to show houses or schedule appointments for a Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon, maybe, but not Sunday AM. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 10

39 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Whitney didn't grow up fundie, but she's got shades of it in her. She is still talking the talk - probably to keep Kelly Jo happy or satisfied that Zach married her. The family that raised her as a teen was certainly evangelical bordering on fundie. When she speaks she has the lingo of journey, God's plan, fellowshipping, etc. 

The area where the Bates live is very much like that. People will meet you and ask you where you go to church in the same breath. And no, Whitney's work wouldn't keep her from attending. There are people in that area who wouldn't use that realty company if she or anyone there dared to show houses or schedule appointments for a Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon, maybe, but not Sunday AM. 

From what I’ve seen when it comes to realty is that there are a lot of after church crowds and open houses. Showing homes with open houses on a Sunday starting at 1pm is pretty common. I know there’s an early catholic mass but many Baptist churches don’t start until 9 or 10 so she could be cutting it close if she’s going to church and then getting ready for a showing that same day. That’s how I think work could get in the way for her. It looks like Gil’s church service starts at 11am. 

Sunday early to mid afternoon are the most common times for open houses:

https://www.homelight.com/blog/best-time-for-open-houses/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

I suppose they go to church, but I find it a bit strange that they don't post Sunday pictures more often. So maybe it's not weekly church for them, who knows. Or maybe they usually go to the nearest church, not to Gil's, to make things easier to Whit when Zach is working. 

In fact they are well known for making things look different from reality, for example they saying Whitney only works when Zach is out of duty, but they also said he works long hours including weekends (so when is she working?) and Kelly stated she babysits Bradley and Kaci often. Both Whit and Kelly answered in a passive agressive way when someone implied that Whit was using grandparents as babysitters. 

I wonder if the new boutique business means that Whit is quitting the realtor job. Zach didn't look thrilled with that job, so maybe he pushed for the change. But of course it's enterely possible that Whit herself wanted to look for another job. I wonder if Erin and Whit will take turns to be in the boutique and if they will have the kids there or will take turns to look for their own kids+the nephews and nieces. Which reminds me how putting kids at school help parents to actually have mainstream jobs.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Holy shit.  Why have I never thought of this?  I am just going to start telling people when they ask that I have a home church.  It is technically correct.  (Say it with me:  THE BEST KIND OF CORRECT)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

Holy shit.  Why have I never thought of this?  I am just going to start telling people when they ask that I have a home church.  It is technically correct.  (Say it with me:  THE BEST KIND OF CORRECT)

I think there are two main reasons why so many home-church.

1) because they can’t find a church fundie enough and they don’t want to expose their children to mainstream Christians.

2) they have a hard time getting a bus load of kids out the door and looking their Sunday best on time. I think both Gil and JB would have been late to a regular church every single Sunday when their kids were younger.

• Upvote 9

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think there are two main reasons why so many home-church.

1) because they can’t find a church fundie enough and they don’t want to expose their children to mainstream Christians.

2) they have a hard time getting a bus load of kids out the door and looking their Sunday best on time. I think both Gil and JB would have been late to a regular church every single Sunday when their kids were younger.

Without a doubt.  I have a hard time getting my small family out the door and to events on time.  I can't imagine dealing with a family five times the size. It would be a crazy-making exercise. I'd have a laundry room meltdown on a daily basis.  

I am in a FB group for women in my area, and there are often posts there inquiring about "good" places to go to church.  People often ask for "modern" or "progressive" churches with good kids' programs.  Whenever suggestions are posted, I always go and look at the churches' mission statements.  They generally disgust me and are neither modern nor progressive.  They're just hate wrapped up in a trendy package.  I believe in some cases people truly don't even think about what they are supporting by attending these places.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

They generally disgust me and are neither modern nor progressive.  They're just hate wrapped up in a trendy package.  I believe in some cases people truly don't even think about what they are supporting by attending these places.  

Yes! Most definitely! It's funny because we have a church local to me who for years was known as a stuffy Baptist Church. Originally they were called "Small Town Baptist Church" (obviously not the real name...haha) and then one day they basically rebranded and dropped "Baptist". All of a sudden they were "Small Town Church" and now instead being stuffy they have a huge modern youth group, people attend service in jeans, and they have a praise/worship band. Same crappy beliefs but a friend who attends there basically admitted they removed Baptist from the name because it turned people off.   ::eyeroll::

• Upvote 8

In my home county (not far from the Bates), many of the Baptist Churches also have Wed. night services, so Sunday morning isn't your only option for services.

And I am LOVING all the  passive-aggressive holier-than-thou comments on the Bates Sisters Boutique social media about Erin's dress being TOO SHORT and won't they please sell dresses that cover up your slutty slutty knees.

• Haha 13

On 4/19/2019 at 8:53 AM, HereticHick said:

In my home county (not far from the Bates), many of the Baptist Churches also have Wed. night services, so Sunday morning isn't your only option for services.

And I am LOVING all the  passive-aggressive holier-than-thou comments on the Bates Sisters Boutique social media about Erin's dress being TOO SHORT and won't they please sell dresses that cover up your slutty slutty knees.

In my Mom's fundy lite Church (Evangelical Free) their Wednesday night stuff was different from a Sunday sermon...it wasn't an either/or thing.  Is it not the same with Baptists?

• Upvote 3

I grew up going to a Baptist Church. We always went Sunday morning. But Wednesday evening services were available. I never went but I was told it was more laid back. Less people usually showed up compared to Sunday morning and you didn’t need to dress up. 

• Upvote 1

After seeing these pitcure im even more sure Whit is pregnant. She looks really different latley, mostly dfferent in her face. Tired, exhausted. 

• I Agree 2

On 4/19/2019 at 11:53 PM, HereticHick said:

Hello free jinger is it you out there? Lol 

20 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

The header image on the boutique website has Whitney doing a classic maternity pose. Interesting choice.

I was coming here to guess her pregnant too. I guessed kaci quite early. There was a Dollywood pic (I think). Her boobs gave her away (for me). This time her face looks fuller too.

Yes yes here comes the don’t judge based on bodies etc. 

Whitney is the only fundie I have ever guessed correctly. I am invested now to see if I am right. 

I hope she is able to have a peaceful and stress free pregnancy. I hope her previous  loss does not colour this experience to much (or if not now, any future pregnancies). 

Babies in this cult are awful. But dam she makes beautiful ones. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yes yes here comes the don’t judge based on bodies etc. 

No, feel free to comment on another woman's breasts publicly even though it's creepy as fuck.

It's not against the rules so of course you shouldn't be inhibited by manners or decency from checking out her boobs and discussing them - that's why she has breasts, after all.  For people like you to assess and comment.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

31 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No, feel free to comment on another woman's breasts publicly even though it's creepy as fuck.

It's not against the rules so of course you shouldn't be inhibited by manners or decency from checking out her boobs and discussing them - that's why she has breasts, after all.  For people like you to assess and comment.

I do see your point and it is fair. Yes I could be considered creepy. Sometimes I forget people don’t actually know me on here and know that I am not creepy as fuck, just generally pretty open about the human body. It is what it is to me. I forget people are more reserved about bodies. I meant no disrespect in stating my observation. 

• Upvote 16

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic