IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Part 6: That Thing In The Window Is Creepy

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We never did figure out what the hell that thing in the window was! 

I'm still going with corporeal two dimensional ghost.

• Upvote 6

What thing in which window? This is some kind of funny insider, isn't it? Otherwise you are scaring the living daylight out of me.

*runs off to draw a salt line*

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

What thing in which window? This is some kind of funny insider, isn't it? Otherwise you are scaring the living daylight out of me.

*runs off to draw a salt line*

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It took me this long to notice that Whit tagged the location on that post. I was under the impression this was taken at Zach and Whit’s house or something. :pb_lol:

Now I’m convinced they’re standing outside the farm store and that creepy ghost girl thing is an ad or part of something for sale (like a framed photo.)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, ophelia said:

runs off to draw a salt line*

You are going to need it after looking at that thing in the window!

I do think that it is something for sale in the store but it just looks so creepy in the picture. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

That thing in the window is still super creepy. I want to go call the Warrens....

Ed's dead but maybe Lorraine can channel him.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

That thing in the window is still super creepy. I want to go call the Warrens....

Don’t bother. Like @HerNameIsBuffysaid, Ed died in 2006. Lorraine is still around and occasionally gives talks at one of the state universities - I think it’s Southern Connecticut State University. Personally, I think their stories are just hoaxes meant to take advantage of people’s fears for financial gain. 

ETA: Their stories make for some passably entertaining movies, but that’s about it. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Personally, I think their stories are just hoaxes meant to take advantage of people’s fears for financial gain. 

I agree ... but is it wrong for me to want to see Gil and Kelly melt down over the moral dilemma of whether or not to take the money from an evil, worldly movie or turn it down to maintain their standing with IBLP?

And now I'm totally thinking about who they should cast as the family in, "Evil in a Window Pane:  Based on a True Story."

Can we get Richard Thomas to play Gil?!

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree ... but is it wrong for me to want to see Gil and Kelly melt down over the moral dilemma of whether or not to take the money from an evil, worldly movie or turn it down to maintain their standing with IBLP?

And now I'm totally thinking about who they should cast as the family in, "Evil in a Window Pane:  Based on a True Story."

Can we get Richard Thomas to play Gil?!

Only if we can sign Ben Stiller as Evan. 

(I legitimately need this to happen and I don’t even care that he’s twenty or so years too old. :pb_lol:)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Only if we can sign Ben Stiller as Evan. 

(I legitimately need this to happen and I don’t even care that he’s twenty or so years too old. :pb_lol:)

Yes!  Making his Zoolander face.  :pb_lol:

James Maslow as Chad Paine.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes!  Making his Zoolander face.  :pb_lol:

James Maslow as Chad Paine.  

Jessica Simpson as Erin. 

(She could totally pull off the hair and bubbly personality. :pb_lol:)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Jessica Simpson as Erin. 

(She could totally pull off the hair and bubbly personality. :pb_lol:)

Excellent.

Patricia Richardson or Heaton as Kelly?  (I can't stand either of them as actresses so would be fitting.)  Richardson can do a southern accent but I can totally see Heaton blanket training.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Excellent.

Patricia Richardson or Heaton as Kelly?  (I can't stand either of them as actresses so would be fitting.)  Richardson can do a southern accent but I can totally see Heaton blanket training.

Go with Heaton. It’d be twice as funny if she couldn’t manage the right accent. 

Ummm... how about Kristen Stewart as Whitney? She’s a relatively decent actress (if you don’t count Twilight.)

And oh! Can we have Ariana Grande as Carlin?! They’re both tiny and have surprisingly powerful voices for their size. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Excellent.

Patricia Heaton, definitely. She’s a conservative in real life too.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Fixed spelling
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And oh! Can we have Ariana Grande as Carlin?! They’re both tiny and have surprisingly powerful voices for their size. 

True!  My pick for Carlin would be Six from the old Blossom TV show ?

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Go with Heaton. It’d be twice as funny if she couldn’t manage the right accent. 

Ummm... how about Kristen Stewart as Whitney? She’s a relatively decent actress (if you don’t count Twilight.)

No way. Kirsten Stewart doesn’t resemble Whitney at all and in my opinion she is one of the worst actresses ever. There is great acting due to reduced expression (Nicole Kidman in The Interpreter) and there is Kirsten Stewart. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Kaitlyn Dever as Whitney.

Also...I have to defend Kristen Stewart. Sure she has a few acting quirks but aside form Twilight I think she's proven to be a very strong actress. Especially her performances in The Cake-Eaters, Camp X-Ray, Clouds of Sils Maria, Speak, and Personal Shopper

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

No way. Kirsten Stewart doesn’t resemble Whitney at all and in my opinion she is one of the worst actresses ever. There is great acting due to reduced expression (Nicole Kidman in The Interpreter) and there is Kirsten Stewart. 

I wasn’t really going for people who look exactly like them. I was going more for comedic value personally and I do think it’s be very funny watching Kristen Stewart in a horror movie about a bunch of fundamentalist Christians. :pb_lol:

40 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kaitlyn Dever as Whitney.

Also...I have to defend Kristen Stewart. Sure she has a few acting quirks but aside form Twilight I think she's proven to be a very strong actress. Especially her performances in The Cake-Eaters, Camp X-Ray, Clouds of Sils Maria, Speak, and Personal Shopper

I’m kind of loving the fact that Dever is only 5’3” since Whitney is clearly much taller than that. So I’ll agree. Dever for Whitney. Lol! Who would be your pick for Zach?

And can I nominate Kirk Cameron for Nathan? I feel obligated to include him because it’s about fundies and I don’t like either of them because they’re both assholes, so it’d kind of be perfect. 

(Bonus points for Kirk not having to worry about kissing someone who isn’t his wife. :pb_lol:)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Dean Cain then as Gil? 

There was some debate on him on the josiah Duggar thread that he is a conservative arse. Darker than Gil but has the dimples. 

Kills me that dean cain is an arse. I had a thing for him in superman. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Love 2

On 11/15/2018 at 12:34 PM, VelociRapture said:

Don’t bother. Like @HerNameIsBuffysaid, Ed died in 2006. Lorraine is still around and occasionally gives talks at one of the state universities - I think it’s Southern Connecticut State University. Personally, I think their stories are just hoaxes meant to take advantage of people’s fears for financial gain. 

ETA: Their stories make for some passably entertaining movies, but that’s about it. 

They actually spoke in my university 21 years ago. God, I'm feeling old. And they terrified the then 18 year old me. LOL

On 11/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Dean Cain then as Gil? 

There was some debate on him on the josiah Duggar thread that he is a conservative arse. Darker than Gil but has the dimples. 

Kills me that dean cain is an arse. I had a thing for him in superman. 

Zac Efron as Lawson. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic